[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: school.jpg (57 KB, 540x360)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
https://www.erininthemorning.com/p/four-states-tell-schools-to-ignore
>On Friday, the Biden administration released its final Title IX rules, which include protections for LGBTQ+ students by clarifying that Title IX forbids discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity. The rule change could have a significant impact as it would supersede bathroom bans and other discriminatory policies that have become increasingly common in Republican states within the United States. As of Thursday morning, however, officials in at least four states — Oklahoma, Louisiana, Florida, and South Carolina — have directed schools to ignore the regulations, potentially setting up a federal showdown that may ultimately end up in a protracted court battle in the lead-up to the 2024 elections.
>Louisiana State Superintendent of Education Cade Brumley was the first to respond, decrying the fact that the new Title IX regulations could block teachers and other students from exercising what has been dubbed by some a “right to bully” transgender students by using their old names and pronouns intentionally. Asserting that Title IX law does not protect trans and queer students, Brumley states that schools “should not alter policies or procedures at this time.” Critically, several courts have ruled that trans and queer students are protected by Title IX, including the 4th US Circuit Court of Appeals in a recent case in West Virginia.
>>
>>35533164
>“right to bully” transgender students by using their old names and pronouns intentionally

When a right winger says "free speech" he means he wants to keep his right to be a high school bully that never has to grow up. Right wing "free speech" = right to commit the criminal offense of harassment
>>
>>35533248
every time
I don't know why we tolerate this in an ostensibly civil society
>>
Let’s be honest here. Biden’s plan protects the freak furries and jugallos. Schools have been having issues with young fursona children biting others and hurting people. Biden’s plan simply is not concise enough to protect those who actually need it.
>>
>>35533248
Free speech means protecting speech that offends or insults you. Not the speech you agree with. I wouldn't want to encourage people to be mean to young trannies, but I also wouldn't want to criminalized others for using the wrong pronouns or name. When you start punishing people for the things that they say it starts a slippery slope to governmental thought policing.

It would be much better to encourage people to just be polite than to demand they talk a certain way
>>
>>35533294
>Schools have been having issues with young fursona children biting others and hurting people
lol name none (there aren't any)
>>
>>35533164
>States can just ignore the directives of the central government
Federalism was a fucking mistake. Unitary governments need to be the only accepted form of government.
Turn the states into fucking castrated prefectures with no real powers or independent governing ability.
>>
>>35533307
>hatecrimes are protected speech actually
>>
>>35533307
it's different in this situation. teachers are agents of the state, and students are required by law to attend school. it is unreasonable to assert that the teacher's right to free speech outweighs the right of their students not to be harassed. if the teacher wants to be transphobic outside of school hours, sure. that's their first amendment right. but they're not acting as an individual when they're teaching; they're acting within their official capacity as an agent of the state. of course there are going to be restrictions
>>
>>35533338
That could really backfire on you you know. The government is not here to protect you.
>>
>>35533307
>verbal harassment laws literally criminalize repeatedly namecalling people

>but we cant extent this same right to trannoids otherwise it "forces" people to use preferred name and pronouns!

It literally just means if you cant stop being a dick to someone and they request you to leave them alone, then you are legally obligated to do so or they have reason to pursue legal protection under verbal harassment. Its literally just basic law that applies to everyone. Its not compelled speech. You dont have to call people by the name or pronouns they desire, you just have to not intentionally call them something they dont want to be called over and over again, because thats harassment.

The right to free speech is important, but so is the right to be left the fuck alone.
>>
>>35533338
>wants to castrate themself
>wants to castrate the state
>>
>>35533294
>>
File: IMG_6378.jpg (551 KB, 1206x1710)
551 KB
551 KB JPG
>>35533294
oh no, anyone but the juggalos
woop woop faggot
>>35533382
that is literally the one and only purpose of the government towards its citizens
>>
>>35533366
Using the wrong pronouns or using someone's birth name to refer to them might be a bit mean if they're a tranny, but it's not a hate crime. Calling it a hate crime is just ushering in a police state where you get jailed for "micro" aggressions against others. Ridiculous. You should have the right to be a tranny but others should have the right not to disagree with your lifestyle. Freedom goes both ways. Instead the left just wants heavy handed policies as long as it goes there way, but remember that heavy hand could just as easily be turned against you. It's better not to have it at all and allow others to make their own choices.

You can't and shouldn't force people to be good. That's why it's a choice in every major religion. Its a decision you have to make yourself to do the right thing. Trying to have the state force righteousness will only ensure that it commits many wrongs.
>>
>>35533382
>Get rid of the electoral collage
>Expand the supreme court
>Make DC, Guam and Puerto Rico states
This makes it impossible for the republicans to ever hold power over then central government. Once you then change from an federal to unitary model, the republicans become totally politically irrelevant.
The democrats suck, but I would take them over the republicans any day.
>>35533404
In fairness I only want to castrate state governments. I would actually like to massively expand the powers and responsibilities of the central government.
>>
>>35533338
Its moreso the way electoralism empowers rural areas and makes their votes count for more has cucked the entire country. Because the uneducated antisocial backwater fuckwads of rural america who have never met anyone in their lives that isnt a white christian are now dictating their ignorance of the real world onto all of us.

If my city vote counted as much as some suburban millionaires vote did, we would have trans rights in every state in the union. Seriously, look at how gerrymandering has fucked the meaning of a city vote and empowered a suburban/rural voter, its disgusting.

This extends to the federal government too. The senate is inherently unfair because it has 2 representatives per state regardless of how many people are in it, so low pop states inherently have more power. Absolutely fucked.
>>
>>35533450
they don't have to be good. they just have to not actively harass the students over which they hold power. again, see >>35533377
>>
>>35533377
You bring up an interesting point with the teachers I'm not sure what to think about that. Maybe each school should be allowed to set their own policy.

>>35533448
The government is here to ensure our liberty and prosperity, yes. And gave us rights to defend ourselves. But bloating and empowering it will just ensure the weight will crush its own citizens. Government is at its best when it's weak and small. Collect taxes and fix the roads, don't be moral crusaders. They wher not established to mandate how we can or cannot speak. In fact quite the opposite
>>
>>35533482
I don't support the harassing I support the young shits. But I think each individual school should be allowed to set policy. Pair that up with school choice, and the conservative teachers can teach to a conservative student body in a conservative school with consertive rules. And vice versa for liberals. Then students could have teachers that gender them correctly and match their outlook without having to mandate anything. Just let people choose where they go and let the schools decide how they'd like to run things themselves. When you make things one size fit all you need these heavy handed mandates. But when you allow for variations you can simply let people choose based on their wants and needs
>>
>>35533532
>Government is at its best when it's weak and small
If the purpose of government is to protect the weak from the strong so the strong dont become their own dictatorial government, then the government must be strong at least in its ability to do that one thing, even if its completely impotent at anything else.

The idea of a vanguard is not entirely wrong. It just requires careful implementation so you dont produce a stalin in the process.
>>
>>35533532
there's no "maybe should". it's already been decided. the federal government has the final say, and title 9 applies here. it's LITERALLY only for schools, so i don't know why you say i bring up an "interesting point with the teachers". that's the only point. it literally only relates to the education system
>>
>>35533583
Fuck off Hayek.
>>
>>35533532
what if someone took out a full page in the new york times calling you a dog raping pedophile and included your full name, face, and address? would you sue for libel/slander or would you just take the heat cause that’s just how it be in this free speech world?
>>
>>35533164
Just cut federal funding to those states and schools. Title IX is contingent on receiving federal funds, if they don't want to obey the law then they can raise their own money.
>>
>>35533589
The purpose of the government isn't to protect the weak from the strong. It's to make it's citizens strong and capable of protecting themselves. That's why the founding fathers emphasized militias and made the second ammendment.
>>
>>35533320
https://www.abc4.com/news/wasatch-front/utah-student-furry-protest/
>>
>>35533476
>Make all cities in the US with >500k people their own state (minimum of two guaranteed blue reps)
>Rural hillbillies go back to being irrelevant
>Semi-autonomous progressive city-states usher in a new era of peace, prosperity and progress in the USA
>>
>>35533583
lmao most stupid shit I read today, children have no control over what school they attend, so they deserve certain protections regardless of what school they'll end up in
>>
>>35533678
School choice enables family to decide for themselves. Let the liberals go to liberal schools and vice versa
>>
>>35533733
that just, at minimum, doubles the cost of education (yay, more taxes!) and makes transportation of children to and from schools a lot more complicated and inefficient
>>
>>35533631
the founding fathers were larping retards
>>
>>35533631
>It's to make it's citizens strong and capable of protecting themselves

Theres always going to be relative power dynamics. Simply attempting to make everyone strong will result in some being way stronger than others and without a regulatory entity, will exploit them.

Second amendment doesnt protect us from that, unless people go further than just the simple right to bear arms and start shooting up their local monopolistic megacorp. Which I am legally obligated to say I dont approve of.
>>
>>35533733
And do the children themselves choose? no? then fuck off
>>
>>35533733
school choice is basically just a republican scheme to funnel tax dollars back into the private sector.

Its expensive and wasteful, and takes money away from public institutions, making them impotent, and thereby providing more of a reason for republicans to point and say "look, see how bad government is! These public schools are awful!"

Its a feedback loop meant to enrich private school owners, and you fell for it
>>
>>35533770
But if you make that regulatory entity then you have to make it strong enough to strong arm everyone. I'd much rather have a few big fish to compete with than one killer whale no one can possibly stand up to. Empowering the government to protect people sounds nice but doesn't work. It just ensures the government will do the exploiting. You can force equality and goodness just encourage people to strive for it

>>35533779
A good family would factor in the kids wants and needs yes
>>
>>35533818
what about all the students born to shit families? just "fuck them", i guess?
>>
>>35533818
So only certain children are protected and those who want something different than their parents (oh maybe like lgbt children) get fucked, wow what a great proposal you have
>>
>>35533818
>big fish to compete with than one killer whale no one can possibly stand up to
Id rather my powerful entities be democratic than not democratic. Hence, democratic government being the only suitable entity for the job. Certainly not the private sector of all things, which are the people making all the important decisions in most countries on earth.
>>
>>35533164
>nooooo you have to follow the orders of our supreme leader!!!!
>>
>>35533635
>source: main street media utah, a conservative online news station
>school outright says the information presented is inaccurate
lol
>>
>>35533733
this is pathetic, you shitheels just want the "right" to use federal funding to preach racism and fascism and bully your children and others into conformity
>>
>>35534225
>school lies to cover ass from local media
Woah… also a broken clock is right twice a day.
>>
>>35534245
huh? idk what you're talking about you still have no evidence, just agitators making shit up as usual you subpar gutter troll
>>
>>35534261
>just ignore the students and parents ITS MADE UP
>>
>>35533377
this is correct
compulsory education is an abomination but if we're going to have it it's not a violation of teachers' rights to restrict the ways they can treat their students
>>
File: IMG_8972.jpg (507 KB, 1170x1489)
507 KB
507 KB JPG
Why are trannys delusional?
>>
>>35534272
>the students and parents ITS MADE UP
show me actual students and parents with bitemarks
>>
>>35533164
you know I got made fun of the other day for saying schools are run hyper locally and this would have no impact really on the students up the street and what do you know
>>35533382
it amazes me the number of trannies who are pro government healthcare while watching what's going on in the UK
>>35533616
nta but honestly as a self-hating tranny who accepted her position at the bottom of society long ago I'd probably accept it and shut up knowing good and well anything I do will make matters worse somehow
>>35533623
don't they (literally one of the ones being talked about here) get money out of my property taxes
meanwhile the feds are keeping my tax refund since they can't change my name
>>35533817
in the southern states for the longest time it was just an end run around desegregation
>>
>>35534292
>just show me proof! Fuck the opinions of those literally affected by it. IM TOO LAZY TO LOOK SPOONFEED ME
no
>>
>>35534354
>Fuck the opinions of those literally affected by it
but none of them responded or were interviewed or came forward in any way, it's just something made up by online trolls from what I can tell
>>
>>35534491
>get trolled by fat chud
>can't stop themselves from responding
why are you like this anon?
>>
File: 1683131497504620.png (14 KB, 300x330)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>35534509
>>
>>35534491
It’s called having a civil suit filed against you by the parents for defamation, especially if the ones doing it are minors.
>>
>>35533164
>You WILL mistreat the children you are tasked with taking care of
Why are Republicans so comically evil?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.