[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1703457235738568.jpg (125 KB, 556x702)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
How do I stop constantly feeling conflicted about transitioning
>>
>>35535919
Have you started, or is this something you're wanting to pursue?
>>
>>35536011
The latter. I'm painfully aware of the fact I'm a man, I'll always be one, there's nothing I can change about that. I also know that I'm only going to get more masculine with age, so the earlier I start, the better. My biggest issue is that I'm already distinctly masculine enough that I feel it wouldn't matter, and I'd just be wasting my time.
t. 6'1, 20 yrs old
>>
>>35535919
Start small.
HRT isn't the only treatment for GD. Crossdress around the house, paint your nails, ERP as a woman on the internet, buy a cheap wig and style it, buy a pair of fake tits and see how they feel.

If you got GD doing these things will make you feel better. And when you realize how much pain the GD is causing you, you'll realize how dumb the idea of repping forever is.
>>
>>35536092
just fucking do it. i repressed throughout my twenties and it's my biggest regret. don't be like me, don't repress until you're in your 30s.
>>
>>35536092
>I also know that I'm only going to get more masculine with age, so the earlier I start
Dude this isn't true. It's something cism coomers think because they only care about what they can coom to. Stop stressing about it.

I waited till I was 40, I'm kinda glad I did because I'm more stable financially and emotionally, I've got more wisdom, I can plan ahead and do it right, and the bar for "passing" as a 40 year old woman is WAY lower than it is for a 20 year old woman.

The only thing you're really missing out on is time as a woman. That's the only real regret. You don't get the years back.

If you need more time to get comfortable, take it, it's not a big deal.
>>
>>35535919
enbycope
>>
>>35536112
>Crossdress around the house, paint your nails
I would actually do that all the time when I was younger. I enjoyed it, but I just assumed it was a phase I was going to grow out of. I understand now that it's clearly not going away, but I can't help but think "I'd have a much better chance of success if I did it when I was younger and considerably more androgynous"
I've been mistaken for a woman a few times in public despite my height (I'm slim and have long hair) and friends - who don't know about my tranny feelings - have told me I look feminine, yet all I see in the mirror is a man.
>>35536164
I'd like to come to a decision to this as early as I can to avoid this. Every time I reach the conclusion of "I'm not going to do it" I inevitably end up conflicted again
>>
>>35536092
I think you need to reflect on whether you will find yourself wanting to transition, for example, when you are 25, 30, 35, and so on. At any of these ages, you may reach a point where you decide to transition, and you might then ask yourself why you didn't do so when you were 20 years old. As you mentioned, you will only get more masculine with age. So I think it's important to make the choice of whether to act sooner rather than later.
>>
>>35536173
>I'm kinda glad
cope lol
>something only cism coomers care about
cope lol
>>
>>35536233
The fact that I dread the idea of waiting that long, and I wish I could have done it at a younger age sort of gives me my answer. Still, being a man has more advantages. Lack of social stigma from being a tranny, more physically able than women. Realistically, my whole motivation to transition is pure vanity. I've been slim with long hair for most of my life, and the idea of aging into a man fills me with anxiety and fear, I'm disgusted by it. Even if I'd never be a woman, at least I wouldn't have to deal with my body becoming more manly, my hair falling out, etc.
>>
>>35536226
>all I see in the mirror is a man.
I can't even look at my face in the mirror without serious effort. When I go in I just look at my chest.
Shaving my chest improved my mood a lot actually. Try that.

But of course you see yourself as a man, you're a man. But you have GD and you HAVE to deal with that fact. The GDemon wins in the end.

Nobody goes honmode straight away. It's takes at least two years to transition to any reasonable standard. It doesn't matter what you do you're not going to wake up fully feminized the next day.

So start with what's working for you. Start with what you're comfortable with. Then develop a realistic plan for transition when you're actually ready.

The stress IS the GD.

>>35536235
Hurry up and crack egg.
Captch: GDKYS
>>
File: 1702641923311.gif (389 KB, 512x512)
389 KB
389 KB GIF
>>35535919
>>
>>35536226
>Every time I reach the conclusion of "I'm not going to do it" I inevitably end up conflicted again

detransition exists. it's highly unlikely that doing hrt for less than a year will result in super permanent changes. i had to stop hrt for a while after being on it for three years and I almost fully remasculinized in less than 6 months. just don't cut your balls off and you'll be able to detrans just fine.
not doing something will always leave a "what if..." in your mind. if you do something, don't like it, and stop, you'll never think about it again.
>>
>>35536293
>Shaving my chest improved my mood a lot actually. Try that.
I obsessively shave all the hair off my body. Sure, I could just get laser without transitioning, but ultimately it's not *just* about body hair, I would just be a woman if it were possible.
>>35536348
From what I've researched, breast development stays even after stopping hormone usage
>>
>>35536379
mine flattened out 90% without any intervention. Drs will also trip over themselves to give cis ppl gender affirming care. if you stopped hrt it'd be super easy to get a breast reduction.
>>
Eli if this is you just come out to me. I always thought you might be a tranny like me but you have so much internalized homophobia and neuroticism I'd doubt it if you ever do
>>
>>35536425
Fuck it, this has been eating at me for years. Having to deal with breast reduction in the off-chance I regret it sounds less bad than continuing to wonder "Maybe I'll get over it one day." Realistically, I'm not nearly as masculine as I see myself. Having some complicated feelings about the whole thing is preferable to whatever I'll look like in 5 years
Thanks, Anons
>>
>>35536525
i'm so happy that i helped someone not John 30 themself like i did
>>
>>35536379
>I obsessively shave all the hair off my body. Sure, I could just get laser without transitioning, but ultimately it's not *just* about body hair, I would just be a woman if it were possible.
Dude, I'm trying to help you here.
You're clearly not ready to transition and there's nothing wrong with that. It's never too late, you can take your time.
In the meantime there are a bunch of ways to relieve the pressure of GD without full blown transition. I'm just telling you what's worked for me.
>>
>>35536488
What are the odd’s it’s actually eli

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.