[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Have any of you escaped NEETdom?
>>
>>35540770
no, and i never will
>>
>>35540770
i did, i spent most of 18-22 being a neet. i got out of it though
>>
no, and I hope I do escape this fucking sucks
I don't want to work but I do want a husband and to raise a family
>>
>>35540770
luckily i never became a neet. I dont know how anyone is supposed to transition (into a woman or a proper functioning adult) and have relationships with other adult humans without a job and place to live.
>>
I became a NEET about 6 months ago and I hope to escape it. I don't think I will though.
>>
File: 1714072275521376.jpg (90 KB, 750x792)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
if you even have ANY prospects of ever escaping NEEThood you are not a true NEET, and need to kill yourself or leave this board
>>
>>35540810
Living off autismbux which are rapidly becoming not enough to live on and being a shut-in is not how I want to spend the next 10 years before i kms
>>
>>35540821
and I'm telling you that you don't have a choice
>>
File: 1693020677531777.png (281 KB, 640x360)
281 KB
281 KB PNG
>>35540770
i'm 3 days shy of 29 years young and have never seen a paycheck in my life
>>
got on adhd meds and became almost normal
>>
File: 1696588292305668.jpg (91 KB, 900x900)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>35540770
I'm trying to
>>
I wake up and study for 6 hours every single day
Does that study get me closer to getting a job? No
Does that study get me closer to starting a career? No
What I hate about the job market is that it's just not enough to have skills/knowledge
Even if you did have the skills/knowledge you need to compete with others based on your personality, various non-specific and non-job relevant aspects of yourself and your life
Furthermore this is assuming that your skills/knowledge would even be recognised by anyone if you didn't have the weight of an academic institution behind you
Going back to school is scary because there is never any guarantees of anything, school is simply just the first step that you and a dozen other candidates would have cleared already by the time you've applied to a job
Going back to school to get certificates or qualifications is exactly the same but it's even more blatant that all of that work and study ultimately amounts to a box-ticking exercise
When you're looking for a career, the debt that's hanging over your head endlessly terrifies you from applying to any course or program
When you're unemployed, the path back to unemployment after a period of education is an extremely easy one so it's very difficult to make the decision to get into more debt
Sometimes I wonder if my vocation was to become a priest
>>
File: 1714131274729.jpg (259 KB, 1080x1350)
259 KB
259 KB JPG
>>35540770
not yet
I feel myself becoming more dysfunctional everyday
>>
>>35540770
no ill be a neet forever because im quite disabled
>>
>>35540770
I make six figures but am still a NEET in spirit
>>
>>35541698
how
>>
>>35541720
I live with my parents and they have to drive me everywhere
>>
>>35541740
i meant the first part i think
>>
>>35541794
Programming job lmao
>>
>>35540770
I did when my stepfather passed away, gave me a boost of motivation to go out and make something of myself. Perhaps he'd be proud of me as a woman with a career, perhaps not, I don't know lol
>>
>>35541838
makes sense
tfw the right kind of autism but no drive thus my life will end in poverty
>>
>>35541958
I have the autism to code but I'm not functional besides that. I wish I were a high functioning programmer tranny
>>
>>35540770
Yeah I had a mental breakdown culminating from tons of drug abuse and untreated dysphoria and mental illness and dropped out of life for like a year but I managed to eventually get a job and climb out of it
>>
>>35540781
>no, and I hope I do escape this fucking sucks
>I don't want to work but I do want a husband and to raise a family
I'd way prefer this to working, I'm a smart person but I kinda fucking hate every job I've had and I like being at home and taking care of people and keeping the house nice. Work is really fucking stressful to me sometimes, the job I have now has me like on the verge of tears because of all of the stupid shit going on and the politics and all that, ugh. I don't mind the work itself a lot but I like being at home and I hate people being mean to me. At least having my own source of income is nice.
>>
>>35540770
i just wish jobs existed that actually catered to autistic hikkis. programming does i guess but i’m a mathlet
>>
>>35542122
You don't need math for most coding jobs but a lot of them aren't the dream hikki job.
A lot of them make you go into the office, constantly talk to people, even travel.
>>
>>35540770
In the process of escaping it, taking classes to become a licensed Realtor rn
>>
>>35540770
i did and my life is fine outside of an ugly fave and depression
>>
nope
>t. mtf, 30
>>
>>35540770
The biggest indicator of future success is social skills. Not talent or even intelligence.
>>
>>35542918
i guess it really is over then huh
>>
>>35540770
yes, spent my early 20s on the dole as a "film student"

I had one really shit interview with a production company and went "fuck those guys" and went back to university and now im on 6 figures

Still mentally ill tho, still a gamer, still fundamentally unlovable, but to quote the great Tay-Tay "I cry but I'm productive! its an art"
>>
>>35546044
same we're twins
>>
>>35540770
andrew tate unironically saved me, just gotta gymcel hustle chudmax
>>
>>35540770
i escaped for a bit last year. i had a really good job and an apartment i shared with someone i was dating and this other dead weight bitch. my girlfriend at the time, a bpdemon, would always get into huge fights with me right before i was supposed to leave for work so i ended up having to call off too many times to attend to her temper tantrums. then after i was unemployed she went psychotic and drugged & raped me, then kicked me out onto the streets because the drugs weren’t strong enough to make me not remember the rape and she couldn’t deal with that guilt every day. it’s been almost a year since then and i’ve been too depressed to really try to rebuild my life. i’m applying for jobs again but i don’t see it lasting long if i don’t have an active social or dating life outside of it. which now that things fell apart with that new girl i was seeing, and my best friend is in surgery recovery for months, i don’t have anything at all going on and my brain is melting
>>
>>35540770
no and worst of all is watching all my friends progress, move out, get 100k+ annual jobs while im stuck torturing myself and still not able to change
>>
>>35546434
noooo dont go insane jennie!!! pls take care of yourself and be a good girl!
>>
>>35540770
this tweet is fake as fuck, there aren't 21 months in a year retards
>>
>>35546488
bimbosister.............................................it's DD/MM/YYYY
>>
>>35546462
i was actually doing quite well mentally a week ago but most of what was going so good and keeping me mentally afloat has been destroyed in a matter of days. it’s either finding someone or something new to distract me or it’s psychosis fest ‘24
>>
>>35540770
No. It was already hard, then I became disabled.
>>
>>35540781
imagine your parents being two gay guys one of which is pretending to be a woman my god
>>
>>35547025
This is why I won’t have children. Unethical

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.