[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1711133202880267.jpg (1.91 MB, 2381x4380)
1.91 MB
1.91 MB JPG
How many did you read?
>>
>>23295047
I've read 9 so far plus currently reading one from the list
Though I didn't read them because of the list it just coincidentally happened
>>
>>23295057
>9
What are you even doing on /lit/? Maybe /v/ or /tv/ are more your speed lol.
>>
>>23295058
I read what I want thoughever I don't care about /lit/'s lists
>>
>>23295062
How many books did you even read this year so far? If it's less than double digits you're in the wrong board.
>>
>>23295058
No one reads what’s mandatory on the board, loser
>>
>>23295047
>the Cantos

I doubt anyone on this board actually read that.
>>
>>23295047
Kinda surprised to see Moby Dick at #1, i read that last year and it absolutely filtered me. The rest of these are kino however
>>
>>23295067
>Everyone is as dumb as I am
Sorry to pop your bubble, but that's just you.
>>
>>23295065
After I finish my current one it'll be 10
And I didn't mean to imply I read the 9 from the list this year
I mostly read Japanese novellas and Russian novels this year desu
>>
44 so far.
>>
>>23295065
Actually understanding and appreciating what you read is way more important than getting a high score to impress random people on the internet.
>>
>>23295047
won't ever make it to 100 though, because some of those books don't interest me at all
>>
>>23295082
You can't understand shit if you don't read.
>>
>>23295085
Then you're a pleb, they're all classics.
>>
>>23295047
28. The best one was either Paradise Lost or Moby-Dick. The worst was Dorian Gray.
>>
>>23295101
What's wrong with Dorian Gray?
>>
BDE
>>
>>23295103
It felt like a strictly worse version of Against Nature with nowhere near the same thematic depth, with stiff, artificial characters and with prose that felt very stifled. The plot also felt like it was moving at a hurried, breakneck pace with nary a pause, though that might've been because I read it right after Against Nature, Magic Mountain and Berlin Alexanderplatz, all of which don't have a particularly fast-moving plot to say the least.
It felt like something Lovecraft would write, a sort of precursor to Weird Tales. Which has its specific form of charm, but I wouldn't put him anywhere near a top 100 list.
>>
>>23295047
21 without counting my DNFs and currently readings
>>
>>23295065
Not OP but if you are reading challenging doorstoppers there's no way you can reach double digits in 4 months
>>
>>23295101
My ex lent me her copy and I found it kind of a cool idea but badly executed. Could've been a psychological thriller but Wilde doesn't even talk much of the horror of the picture changing, or how he descends into depravity. Instead we get pages of bland descriptions of him getting jewels and stuff.
>>
>>23295133
Best of the 21 is Catch-22, worst is Dorian Gray
>>
>>23295098
>LOTR
>the Hobbit
>Alice in Wonderland
fuck off with those kiddy books
plus none of the non-fiction reads listed there are actually compelling
>>
>>23295167
alice in wonderland goated tho
>>
>>23295151
He was trying to imitate Huysmans, which he blatantly admits. The book that Dorian received somewhere in the middle was Against Nature, which takes the description of jewels and whatnot to its logical extreme.
Speaking of horror, I might make the Turn of the Screw my next read. I heard great things about Henry James as a prose stylist, curious how he'll handle pre-20th century horror.

>>23295167
Alice in Wonderland is definitely worth a read even as an adult if you're even slightly interested in linguistics:

’Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

“Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!”

He took his vorpal sword in hand;
Long time the manxome foe he sought—
So rested he by the Tumtum tree
And stood awhile in thought.

And, as in uffish thought he stood,
The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
And burbled as it came!

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back.

“And hast thou slain the Jabberwock?
Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!”
He chortled in his joy.

’Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.
>>
>>23295182
is that supposed to be english? i couldnt understand anything
>>
>>23295184
“That’s enough to begin with,” Humpty Dumpty interrupted: “there are plenty of hard words there. ‘Brillig’ means four o’clock in the afternoon—the time when you begin broiling things for dinner.”
“That’ll do very well,” said Alice: “and ‘slithy’?”
“Well, ‘slithy’ means ‘lithe and slimy.’ ‘Lithe’ is the same as ‘active.’ You see it’s like a portmanteau—there are two meanings packed up into one word.”
“I see it now,” Alice remarked thoughtfully: “and what are ‘toves’?”
“Well, ‘toves’ are something like badgers—they’re something like lizards—and they’re something like corkscrews.”
“They must be very curious looking creatures.”
“They are that,” said Humpty Dumpty: “also they make their nests under sun-dials—also they live on cheese.”
“And what’s the ‘gyre’ and to ‘gimble’?”
“To ‘gyre’ is to go round and round like a gyroscope. To ‘gimble’ is to make holes like a gimlet.”
“And ‘the wabe’ is the grass-plot round a sun-dial, I suppose?” said Alice, surprised at her own ingenuity.
“Of course it is. It’s called ‘wabe,’ you know, because it goes a long way before it, and a long way behind it—”
“And a long way beyond it on each side,” Alice added.
“Exactly so. Well, then, ‘mimsy’ is ‘flimsy and miserable’ (there’s another portmanteau for you). And a ‘borogove’ is a thin shabby-looking bird with its feathers sticking out all round—something like a live mop.”
“And then ‘mome raths’?” said Alice. “I’m afraid I’m giving you a great deal of trouble.”
“Well, a ‘rath’ is a sort of green pig: but ‘mome’ I’m not certain about. I think it’s short for ‘from home’—meaning that they’d lost their way, you know.”
“And what does ‘outgrabe’ mean?”
“Well, ‘outgrabing’ is something between bellowing and whistling, with a kind of sneeze in the middle: however, you’ll hear it done, maybe—down in the wood yonder—and when you’ve once heard it you’ll be quite content.”
>>
>>23295047

Actually read at some point in life: about ten or so, including the top 2
In progress: Iliad (unimpressed, don't like, forcing self through for basic cultural knowledge, guys kill each other, whoop-dee-doo, just because a text is old does not give it value, Divine Comedy was much better).
On deck: Odyssey (Homer unit)
Planned in near future, maybe over next year or two when I feel like it: Mein Kampf, Alice (have a hardcover illustrated Annotated Alice, definitive edition, got for just 10bux in a fine bookstore)
Maybe someday: the unread edition of Proust I've owned for over 20 years
>>
>>23295047
27, almost through BOTNS.
>>
>>23295228
is it hard
>>
File: iliad.jpg (85 KB, 750x711)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>23295206
What gives the Iliad its staying power is the sheer beauty of its language and the power of its main theme. Recall the opening lines of the poem:

Rage—Goddess, sing the rage of Peleus’ son Achilles,
murderous, doomed, that cost the Achaeans countless losses,
hurling down to the House of Death so many sturdy souls,
great fighters’ souls, but made their bodies carrion,
feasts for the dogs and birds,
and the will of Zeus was moving toward its end.
Begin, Muse, when the two first broke and clashed,
Agamemnon lord of men and brilliant Achilles.

This is what the Iliad is about. The senseless violence (but not without its sheen of glory). This is the reason for the seemingly endless carnage and why the soldiers' past keeps getting brought up, to bring to the forefront the scale of the tragedy.
The opening also establishes a parallel between Paris taking Helen and Agamemnon taking Briseis - which is important due to Achilles being the main character of the poem, believe it or not. It'll become clear why that's the case as you near the ending. Achilles' wrath will be a very important plot point.
>>
>>23295047
I've read 5 of these...
I am a new reader though :')
>>
>>23295242
Actually 6 I glanced past No Longer Human being on here.
>>
>>23295242
If you haven't been reading classical literature since your childhood you'll never truly understand literature.
>>
>>23295255
Sorry such weak commentary will not deter me.
>>
>>23295047
Being decades older than the children here and having read 1500-2000 books, I’ve read 94 from this chart
>>
>>23295047
why isnt warlock by Oakley hall not on here :(
>>
>>23295270
Write a little commentary about each of them.
>>
>>23295047
Lord of the Rings fucking sucks
>>
>>23295284
Weak bait.
>>
>>23295286
stay in your /sffg/ playpen little man
>>
>>23295047
8. 10 if you count dropped books. That's more than I realized.
>>
>>23295270
Have you read the cantos, oldfag?
>>
13 fully read.
9 still untead but they're on my bookshelf waiting for me.
does anyone know what even happened to the 101-200 list for this year? I find that one to be way more exciting because it actually has some more obscure picks.
>>
>>23295947
>101-200 list
Post it.
>>
>>23295947
>>23295959
need this
>>
>>23295047
The problem is: that's not a list I much care about.
>>
>>23295975
Because you’re a fucking brainlet.
>>
>>23295959
I don't think the one for this year was ever posted, if you want the ones from the last couple of years the wiki is free to consult at any time.
>>
>>23296021
They aren’t on the wiki.
>>
Im surprised people here like dorian gray considering how incredibly dick in butt gay it is
>>
>>23295047
Why les miserables over Hunchback?
>>
>>23295126
The style, prose, tempo of Against Nature and Dorian Gray are like night and day.
>>
>>23296043
Most likely because it's better. Hope that clears it up.
>>
>>23296043
Because it’s better?
>>
>>23295047
21/100, although I must say that this current list is rather different than the previous ones, given that "The Name of the Rose" is on it, but not "Foucault's Pendulum". The list feels rather half-assed, compared to previous ones.
I dropped "Infinite Jest" after 140 pages or so, it's rather too much for me.
>>
>>23296049
>>23296048
I was hoping for a more detailed response because i havent given it a chance
>>
>>23295047
>>
>>23296060
2023’s list is the best one. It has the least amount of meme books.
>>
>>23295284
I agree, but The Hobbit is still a great book for children.
>>
File: 508b04c8.jpg (177 KB, 1024x768)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
>>
15/100
>>23295157
Can't recall reading a book in recent years that I despised more than Catch-22. Silly and unfunny boomer humor.
>>
>>23296025
look under charts.
>>23296077
I'm particularly fond of the one from 2018, mostly because of the inclusion of Kierkegaard.
>>
>>23295065
>If it's less than double digits you're in the wrong board.
Genuinely a retarded take. No one should have an incredibly high book goal for a year, especially not in 3 and a half months. Read smarter. Not harder to impress retards online. Literature should not be a chore, stressful or an obligatory number.
>>
>>23295074
>I mostly read Japanese novellas and Russian novels this year desu
I'm interested, which ones have you read?
>>
>>23296188
For the Japanese I've read
Mishima: The sea of fertility tetralogy, Death in midsummer and other stories, The Sound of Waves.
Kawabata: Beauty and Sadness
Tanizaki: Some prefer nettles
As for the Russian
Dostoyevsky: White nights
Tolstoy: Anna Karenina (one I'm Currently reading and mentioned in last post)
>>
>>23295047
My reading goals is based on this list for this year and so far I read; crime and punishment, moby dick and the tartar steppe. now i'm going to read the stoner and after that the brothers karamazov hopefully. also i have already read 11 books from this list before 2024.
>>
>>23296370
mishima is one of the worst authors of all time but kawabata is excellent, very bergsonian. dostoevsky is awful but tolstoy is decent, especially anna karenina
>>23296186
>>23295139
>>23295082
good posts
>>
File: 1549356685250.jpg (1.7 MB, 1820x4348)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB JPG
i'm not the biggest reader, I mainly read to get better at writing for my comics, every once in a while I roll a random number and pick one book from this list to read, my favourites so far were Ubik and One Hundred Years of Solitude which is probably some scrub book for anons here but I thought it was pretty cool
>>
>>23295231
Not at all. Wolfe front-loads the story with puzzles that aren’t solved until the last book. Very cool for sci-fi.
>>
>>23296629
I enjoyed most of the Mishima I read, his short stories were meh, as for kawabata and tanizaki I will definitely read more of them after I finish Anna Karenina
>>
I've read The Stranger and The sound and the fury this year. What should I read next? I'm thinking of Celine or some other depressing guy next. Maybe Stoner as well.
>>
>>23295047
I've read 35/234 according to the chart in the bottom of the page:
4chanlit.fandom.com/wiki//lit/_Top_100_Lists
>>
>>23295047

I own a lot of the ones on this list and I plan to read them all
>>
>>23295047
How come there's no Dune on that list?
>>
>>23296864
Then there would be no room to put the meme infinite jest
>>
Two and they both fucking sucked.
Also the Bible, but that was piecemeal through growing up going to church. Nobody on this board or even this website actually "likes" it as a book though, that's just khv larp
>>
>>23295098
At least 1/3 of the list is shit.
>>
>>23297158
Filtered.
>>
File: 1689281458830336.png (187 KB, 620x480)
187 KB
187 KB PNG
>>23295047
Uh some I got bored trying to read and may finish one day but not soon. I really liked the following.
>Lolita, Blood Meridian, Book of New Sun (Currently reading), Master and Margarita, Old Man and the Sea, Sailor Who Feel from Grace, No longer human, Storm of Steel, American Psycho, Brave New World
Other shit I found boring or simple forgot about. Like I will never read the Bible. Lord of the Rings I got bored. Republic was boring. Also Mein Kampf is not good, I don't understand how it makes this list. At least the Bible is stories and shit. Put some other right-wing shit instead.
>>
>>23295047
>>
65 get on my level
>>
Seriously though apart from /lit/ where else can I get good book recommendations? Like just high quality stuff, everything I've read so far I've taken it from here and I've really enjoyed them all
>>
>>23298555
r/truelit
>>
>>23295047
>siddhartha
>top book
This is why OPs list is mostly shit.
>>
>>23295047
I was disappointed with The Magic Mountain, so next I'm going to go for either Brothers K. Lolita, or Borges
I also read Steppenwolf recently, which was very good but the ending was kind of an anticlimax
>>
>>23298578
What's wrong with it?
>>
>>23298596
>I was disappointed with The Magic Mountain
Pleb.
>>
>>23295047
of what i've read...

>Moby Dick
masterpiece, not much more can be said - only worthy competitor I can think of is Don Quixote for the ideal novel

>BK
A fantastic family drama, though it's been a hot minute since I've read it - the more authors I read the farther Dosty starts to fall into the background for me.

>The Bible
the foundation of all Western literature? does this even need a rating?

>DQ
The other most perfect novel - just read the DQ/Nabokov pasta if you want a great summation

>BM
it's pretty perfect, I don't care how many annoying tiktokers "discover it" - can't be ruined

>Stoner
fun entry read but has slipped my mind these last couple of years

>Lolita
Overrated to an extent, great prose but even then doesn't compare to other titans in the language like Joyce or Melville. Speaking of...

>Ulysses
The novel taken to its logical conclusion - by far the most enjoyable work where the form exists at its experimental zenith

>C&P
Overrated, great introductory book for reading but every subsequent Dosty is better (idiot, demons, bk)

>Ficciones
Few titans of literature could account for a modicum of their own influence being comparable to borges - essential

>DC
Have only read inferno, feels idiotic to rate this one

>Paradise Lost
same for divine comedy

>Lord of the rings
great little epic, if there was to be one for the modern eras I'd say this one compiles only the best for a younger audience

>The Stranger
same case for stoner

>The Odyssey
Same for the bible

>GR
Given the title of "essential post-modern text" but I've personally found more enjoyment from his contemporaries (Barth, Gass, Gaddis, Hawkes)

>2666
Loved it when I first read it but am starting to find its brightness dimming for me the more I read, similar case for stoner/stranger but would read again over those

>Master and Margarita
read the burgin translation - wanted to like it more than I did

>Pale Fire
same case for lolita, though a hell of a lot more interesting

>S&F
amazing faulkner but not best faulkner

>Absalom, Absalom
best faulkner

>The Recognitions
Better than GR, ironically though reads far more like the fluid and elegant modernist tomes than it does a lot of the "post-modernist" drivel that unfortunately spawned from the likes of DFW, Eggers, Franzen, etc.

>The Idiot
Better than C&P, not as good as BK

>Suttree
Essential, criminally overlooked - better than BM

>A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man
The greatest kunstlerroman - my personal fave book

>American Pyscho
Does this really belong on the same level as tartar steppe, les mis, to the lighthouse, and fucking gilgamesh? great movie but this is airport best-seller fiction, doesn't belong

>As I lay dying
second best faulkner, but on some days is best faulkner

>Brave New World
The only "high school curriculum" book I would still reread

Want to read:
Storm of steel
Bhagavad-gita
Book of disquiet
In Search of Lost Time
Man Without Qualities
Faerie-Queen
>>
>>23295047
>>
>>23295047
>38
I can't believe Anabasis is on this list. It's incredibly dry.
>>
>>23298635
Well to be specific it was so slow paced I dropped it somewhere in chapter 4. Maybe it gets amazing later idk
>>
>>23298555
for me it's:
1) authors who influenced/are associated with authors I like
2) authors mentioned in academic papers/criticism written by/about authors I like
/lit/ is still the only place on the internet I visit to "discuss" literature (if one can indeed call the chaos that unravels here "discussion")
>>
>>23298630
It felt extremely low effort and pedestrian.
>>
>>23295047

and i wont start any soon
>>
>>23298747
What are you even doing on lit?
>>
>>23298761
reading better books
i'll get around to it, just not soon
>>
>0 by Brandon Sanderson
I expected more from this sub
>>
I'd like to make a special top 100, by allowing anons to vote up to 100 books each. The first book of the list would be worth 100 points, all the way down to the 100th book, worth 1 point.
The catch is that if you only vote for say, 10 books, the first one would be worth 10 points, all the way down to the 10th book, worth 1 point again.
This would result in the opinion of well-read (and ausistic enough) anons having more influence on the rankings. That is, if they take the time to make an entire list of 100 distinct books.
Of course it would be hell for anyone counting the votes, checking for duplicates, obscure entries, etc as it'd take 10x longer than the process for the regular annual list. But I might have enough free time around July to make it.

Some things it might fix:
>waaaa waaa the Bible always ranks 1st to 3rd because tradlarpers only vote for it and nothing else or something
We'll see if that's still the case, voting only for the Bible and nothing else gets 1 point.
> It is pointless to vote for [minor work X] because it never makes it to the top 100
In the regular voting system, if some work like Ovid's Metamorphoses is everyone's 11th favorite book it is guaranteed to never make it if one can only choose 10 books in the poll. With my turboautist system it'd make it and also rank 11th.
>It's the same fucking list every year
I bet the resulting list would look really different, many great books that are often tied with 4 votes at the bottom 10 spots are underrepresented. Take the Epic of Gilgamesh for example, I'm sure most anons like it quite a lot and it would probably make it to their top 50, but rarely in their top 10, so most of the times it just drops to the 90th-100th position and randomly appears or not in that year.
>/lit/ has a terrible taste and most of the chart is entry-level
Newfrens that have read only 15 books get a maximum of 15 points and can't compete with a seasoned veteran that has read more than 100 books and is willing to list his top 100.

There are some other benefits but those are some of the common objections to typical /lit/'s top 100. What do you think? Is my idea too retarded?
>>
>>23298830
he's trash dawg
>>
>>23298669
P*rsian cope
>>
>>23295980
Exactly opposite. The uncanny valley meme is real.
>>
>>23298861
Bump for this
>>
>>23295047
Out of all I've read or stopped halfway (this is not a ranking)
1. Moby Dick - stopped halfway because the whaling trivia was becoming too much of a slog. Good writing, awful pacing.

2. TBK
- Good, but not top 2 good. Though I should reread it since I feel I've changed since the first time I read it.

3. Don Quixote
- again, good, but not top 3 good. It's a fun read, definitely.

4. Blood Meridian.
- really good. One of the first top 100 books I've read, it gave me an unparalleled experience. Love the prose and the grandeur, particularly the last few chapters.

5. Stoner
- Reread several times, it's one of my favorite novels. Hits close to home as I feel like I'm likely to live a life similar.

6. Lolita
Stopped halfway but might pick up again someday. Similar problem as with Moby Dick, nice prose but eh.

7. Iliad
- Finished but got kinda bored, particularly of the carnage, which were all in similar, repetitious form.

8. Crime and Punishment
- First couple of times reading this was fine, but after I got deeper into lit its effect kinda paled.

9. Faust
- A fun read, too. Particularly enjoyed the first few chapters (?), where Faust is struggling to gain understanding of the world

10. War and Peace
Stopped about 300pages in.

11. Thus Spoke Zarathustra
- Great work, best of Nietzsche. Wouldn't rank it in my top 5 though.

12. The Stranger
- good book but the "absurdism" is better depicted in Kafka

13. Book of Disquiet
- Beautiful and annoying in parts. A lot of it is just his unconsciously defending him being a virgin.

14. in Search of Lost Time
- haven't finished yet, currently reading

15. The Master and Margarita
- hilarious, fun novel. Love it.

16. Mason and Dixon
- Should be way higher, its a perfect blend of beautiful prose and humour.

17. Elemental Particles
- too much inane masturbation

18. Metamorphosis
- nice lil story but top 100 of lit?

19. The Trial
- best Kafka, a monumental work of the last century. Again, should be higher.

20. Notes From Underground
- Liked it because of how repulsive the Underground Man is.

21. TSATF
- Best Faulkner (I haven't read Absalom yet). Quentin's chapter is kino.

22. The Recognitions
- currently reading. Should be top 5. Elegant, beautiful, and yet with such bitter humour it exposes every layer of falsity in society. There's no work more relevant nowadays than this.

23. Suttree - the only non-BM McCarthy novel you should care about.

24. The Catcher In The Rye
- don't get the hype, gotta reread though

25. Picture of Dorian Gray
- Mediocre. Pacing is off in a major way, doesn't show much of his reaction towards the deterioration of the picture, how he descends into depravity. Good idea, could've been much better.

26. A Hundred Years of Solitude
- Captivating, but overrated. Can't they get different names to differentiate between each other.

27. Catch-22
My favourite novel of all time. Funny yet sad at times. Every chapter is gold.
>>
>>23299012
28. Dead Souls
- should be top 10, it's the best Russian lit I've read. Funny and grand at the same time.

29. As I Lay Dying. Its Okay, but not on the level of The Sound and The Fury

30. To The Lighthouse.
Great novel, particularly the middle part about the dilapidation of the house.
>>
>>23298861
You do realize that this would just lead to autists picking their actual favorites and then adding 90 random books, right?
>>
>>23299618
I don't know, a couple anons might try but it's boring and time consuming. Filtering meme answers is another option
>>
>>23295047
I really should read more Russian literature. I've only read six, I mostly read what I already have in my parent's library
>>
>>23295057
9 is a reasonable number. Anything higher than about 20 suggests that the person is taking the list too seriously.

That's not to say that it is filled with worthless books. Probably at least half of them are worth reading — if you've read everything else more important. But that's the point. There's so much essential stuff not on it, that the list itself is worthless.

Plus there's the whole issue of re-reading.

"How many of these have you read?"

Who cares? How well do you know the ones you HAVE read?

tl;dr
Anyone who brags "I've read X of the /lit/ top 100 and you've only read Y and X>Y" is guaranteed to be an idiot.
>>
>>23295255
I mean, I'm this anon >>23299706 and I got that low of a number because the list doesn't include Gulliver's Travels, Lord of the Flies, Fahrenheit 451, The Gambler, anything from Verne, anything from Lovecraft or Poe, la Celestina, Robinson Crusoe, Dracula, War of the Worlds...
>>
>>23298861
I honestly don't think I can get 100 books that I've read that more than 0,3% of this board have read
>>
>>23299719
And? Your picks will probably be more valuable than the average voter, assuming that most will not submit anywhere near 100 book choices
>>
>>23299710
>>23299764
Some anons are older and if you’re into “literature” you’re bound to cross a lot of these titles over the years whether you come to /lit/ or not. None of these titles is exclusive to /lit/
>>
>>23299710
Lmao brainlet cope
>>
12. I own seven others from the list i've yet to read.
>>
can anyone recommend some horror or hit me with the horror charts
>>
Anyone has 2022’s chart?
>>
Missing only Karamazov from the first row.
>>
File: 1713311461834068.jpg (2.77 MB, 2381x4380)
2.77 MB
2.77 MB JPG
>>23295047
>>
I made a thread and I'm new to reading I have currently all the top 11 books
>>
>>23301995
Its the same every year just a little mixed.
Its also the same as the reddit chart, which says a lot. People just vote for what their teachers told them are great books, not what they themselves believe in, or otherwise everyone has the same boring standard taste in all the same books; pick your poison
>>
>>23303132
whoa!! your so well read!!
>>
>>23304142
The Reddit chart has Harry Potter in it, you retard.
>>
>>23295047
29 (2 more partially). I'm working on it, frens.
>>
>>23295047
Is blood merdian worth reading? Literally don't know anything about it except I see it everywhere.

Also does anyone have a good fascism reading list? I would like something from first fundamentals dealing with philosophy they drew from, no neo nazi shit please.
>>
File: 1409713089869.jpg (1019 KB, 1500x984)
1019 KB
1019 KB JPG
>>23305137
Here's a reactionary chart
>>
>>23298761
shut up negativefagkeeper
>>
>>23295126
Lol filtered
>>
>>23305137
It's beautiful prose writing ugly bloodlust. Definitely worth a read.
>>
>>23305155
Not sure how lotr and dante have anything to do with fascism.
>>
>>23295255
>>23295065
There are only so many classics in my lifetime. Why would I rush?
>>
>>23305155
Thanks for the laughs

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.