[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Book.jpg (109 KB, 637x983)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
Has anyone read this book? Thoughts on it?
>>
>>23312592
its alright, short easy read. Just be aware if you are high IQ it wont tell you anything you don't already know.
>>
>>23312856
I'm low iq, what do high iq people have to deal with that makes it a curse?
>>
>>23312861
its generally outlined in the book, but an easy way to explain it is that for a man of average intelligence to interact with someone 20~30 IQ points below them would be a hassle. For the abnormally intelligent, anyone with an average IQ would be a hassle to interact with due to the same principle. And it does not help that they make up such a small percentage of the population so it is also very isolating.
>>
>>23312861
The world is literally built for low IQ people because that's the majority
And at a certain point a smart person will be completely misunderstood and held down by dumb people which becomes a big problem if they're surrounded by nothing but dumb people
A dumb enough person is so dumb they actually start to think smart people are dumb and also don't know what's good for themselves
Basically the movie Idiocracy explains it perfectly except in real life it wouldn't be a comedy...
>>
>>23312871
>>23312881
Of you're so smart, why can't you figure out how to get along with the dumb dumbs that surround you? Surely, you are not an autist psychopath who can't understand social interaction?
If you're so smart, how come you haven't figured out how to meet other smart people? Surely you can't be THAT smart. Kind of like Ozymandias in watchmen feeling his only peer could have been Alexander The Great.
>>
File: 45676.png (194 KB, 1860x1225)
194 KB
194 KB PNG
>>
>>23312881
>low IQ is the majority
anon, that's a definitional impossibility
>>
>>23312881
> low iq people make up the majority of the population
No. Low iq people make up a smaller percentage of the population than average iq people. Iq is a bell curve not some kind of descending line.
>>
>>23312891
What social interaction? If you're not a woman, playing with children is boring. There's nothing there for you. What you suggest is intellectual pedophilia.
>>
>>23312903
Seek out other big brained people then? Can't be that hard now that the internet is a thing. I'm sure there's some forum out there where you have to post your MENSA score or some shit in order to get in
>>
>>23312897
>>23312901

Only if you assume that the average intelligence is constant throughout human history which obviously can't be the case
Low IQ can be the majority relative to averages in the past
That data is extremely limited to recent history of course but that doesn't mean there hasn't already been a decline
>>
>>23312910
Surely a intelligent person would work with the dumb dumbs as you put. If you have the tools to better your fellow humans condition then why not. You make it sound like there are two camps of people the intelligent and the stupid and they cannot cooperate however I belive this is blatantly false.
>>
>>23312924
Sorry just to clarify I'm not the opinions of this post.
>>
>>23312891
>haven’t you figured out how to interact with idiots?
We have, that doesn’t make it any less of a hassle.

>haven’t you figured out how to meet other intelligent people?
Personally, I have, but that doesn’t mean I can spend my whole life only interacting with them
>>
>>23312909
It's hard in an interpersonal context. The only thing that matters, real physical relationships. Then there are factors of interest and personality. The whole point is that it's isolating, surely someone on a literature board would understand, that being one major reason why we seek out great literature from great minds.
>>
>>23312891
>>23312891
Why do you think "getting along" matters? People can get along but that doesn't mean they will agree on how to do things. If a dumb person can't understand why a smart person is right it doesn't matter if they get along and it makes it impossible for them to work together. But even this is a simplistic way of looking at it. Because this assumes that the smart person will even get far enough for any of this to matter when in reality they will often be filtered out in invisible systemic ways before that because the system was not designed for them in the first place. And then you also can't assume that all smart people have anyone's best interest in mind other than their own. In reality smart people are trying to work with dumb people but the end result is that everything has to be dumbed down which only promotes more dumbness to take over and makes everything harder for the smart people. Yeah there aren't just 2 camps of people but it would actually be so much better if things were that simple. A smart person knows that things aren't simple which is why their goal is always to make them more so.
>>
>>23312924
sure, special ed schools have the retarded and average cooperate. If you suggest we make the same for the average and intelligent, more power to you.
>>
>>23312936
>The curse of the high IQ is having as much trouble socializing as any /r9k/ user (if that much)
Book sounds like masturbatory slop to be quite frank with you senpai desu
>>
>>23312891
>why can't you figure out how to get along with the dumb dumbs that surround you
Smart people can. The thing is that it's a miserable experience because you can't actually connect with them.
>>
>>23312942
What? Are you sure you’re responding to the right person?
>>
>>23312939
You sound like an autist who can't understand normalfags.
Smart people working with dumb people is basically a science by now. Governments do it all the time, religions do it all the time. You can make people do many things just by pushing the right buttons.
Maybe the problem is not your high IQ after all.
>>
>>23312937
>>23312943
Is there anything else that makes high IQ a """curse"""? Any midwit can feel isolated, any midwit can experience existential despair.
>>
>>23312956
read the book if you really care, the midwits shortcomings are often times from their own ineptitude whereas the abnormally intelligents is due to outside factors beyond their control.
>>
>>23312948
You're just assuming that because it's possible and happens that means it's good and things can function that way forever. You don't realize how strained all of these systems actually are by these constant pressures. You think governments and religions are invincible? They can manage the pressures until they can't. Every civilization is doomed to collapse one day and the tragedy is all of the dumb people that caused it won't really understand why and just do it all over again. And even the smartest person who might be able to see how to escape the cycle will never convince everyone else so they're stuck just like everyone else. In this sense intelligence is not really any kind of power or advantage. It's just the ability to see a future you can't ever change.
>>
>>23312963
>Did I just fuck something up?
>No, it was the midwits. It's always the midwits.
Midwits think the same thing also. But they blame niggers or the economy or their ugly genetics.
>>
>>23312592
Horrible midwit writing. The guy should take a couple of writing courses, I’m sure his high IQ would make it a cake walk.
>>
>>23312881
>>23312871
>have high IQ
>can't use said high IQ to make yourself understandable
Oh am I laffin'
>>
>>23312910
>a fundamentally relative measurement is experiencing an absolute decline
Very high IQ take
>>
>>23312977
>>23312980
>>23312981
>>23312982
>amerimutt seethe
>>
>>23312948
rec books for this feel
>>
>>23312985
nice projection, Jose
>>
>>23312891
Lol you destroyed the larpers with this one
>>
>>23312975
>They can manage the pressures until they can't.
Governments and religions use social engineering on tens of millions of individuals to drive them to do fundamentally undesirable things, such as wageslaving, fighting in wars or paying taxes.

An isolated "high IQ individual" only needs to use it on a few dozen other individuals at most, and only towards the goal of achieving meaningful human connection with them. Actually smart individuals never experience any issues with the latter. They can get anyone to like them and enjoy their company.

It's not your high IQ that prevents you from going on a fishing trip with your dad, it's just that you're an asshole who tries to explain his asshole ways with his Very Important Number having a higher value.
>>
>>23313001
IQ is just a number showing your problem solving skills and ability to learn

I really don't understand why midwits latch onto it so hard
>>
>>23312592
>23312980
The idea of communication range — as far as I know — has not been experimentally verified, and I personally have never experienced it.

from book synopsis:
> Whether you fall asleep during class, constantly ram heads with your boss, can't understand why people watch the Oscars, are an alcoholic, or are accused of having "ADD," having a high IQ can be a maddening experience. What you see as the obvious solution is what the "normies" will fight against tooth and nail. Those D-'s you keep getting in English? Your superior mind being held hostage by the boring and inferior mind of your teacher.

What he and others with similar views don't seem to get is that there numerous qualities that are more important than inborn intelligence. Isaac Watts had no problems communicating with others, and taught that true knowledge and wisdom comes from meditation, while being born witty is a pitfall that a young lad can fall into and never come out of — ending as a grumpy old man who never cared enough to polish his mental faculties. From what I've read of Watts, Dimnet, Bacon, Darwin, Thoreau, Lemaitre, Wilson and Medawar, not one of them wrote about intelligence in a way that Arron Clarey writes. All of them highly accomplished in their fields, spread through the last 600 years, and yet their observations are similar.

> Those D-'s you keep getting in English? Your superior mind being held hostage by the boring and inferior mind of your teacher.
Blind to what knowledge and thinking is they live in fake world of honors, prizes, competitions and rankings. Always "in school" "at university" "in my job", financial success and prestige at the forefront at all times. Your teachers were inferior and boring, but not because inborn anatomical differences, they suffered the same fate that awaits anyone unless they devote themselves to certain practices of proper thinking, reading, writing preached by greats of the past. The counterargument, that to be "the number 1" you need inborn specialness, falls apart when you transcend the ranking based system of sports and school, to live by this system is to be a slave.

>>23312897
Distribution can be skewed.
>>
>>23312981
Okay let's just say you could use your high IQ to make yourself understandable...
To what end? What good does it actually do you in the end? Because the only way you make a dumb person understand something is by dumbing it down. But what good does it do to have a bunch of dumb people that now understand a dumb version of a smart thing? The crazy part is that it will probably do a lot more harm than good in the end. Because now you have a world full of dumb people acting on incomplete information thinking they understand more than they really do. The actual right thing to do for everyone's sake is probably to just keep dumb people in the dark as much as possible.
>>
>>23312891
>If you're so smart, how come you haven't figured out how to meet other smart people?
That's what 4chan is for, stupid.
>>>>>>implying
>>
>>23312982
A decline relative to past averages
If the last 10 averages taken were 100 and the current average is 90 that's obviously a decline
What about this doesn't make sense
>>
>>23312592
hidden gem
>>
>>23312956
High IQ people who get good at socializing still struggle at connecting to people. Midwits tend to be able to identify high IQ people and often subordinate themselves, which makes it hard for high IQ people to find true peers (and thus make friends rather than mere acquaintances). That's one of the reasons why institutions like academia or the church existed, since they let high IQ people cloister themselves among similarly-intelligent people.
Childhood can also be really rough for high IQ people, since they haven't yet learned the socialization skills needed to thrive around midwits and also go through an education system designed for midwits. Lots of them basically burn out because they can't do anything meaningful.

Calling it a curse is really just wallowing in self-pity, but it is true that high IQ people face challenges midwits can't really understand.
>>
>>23313023
>Because the only way you make a dumb person understand something is by dumbing it down
No. That's how dumb people make other dumb people understand things.

Smart people can explain things to dumber people without dumbing them down - they use familiar analogies, metaphors, their own insight into the psyche of those dumber individuals, to shape and naturally bring forth the understanding of the complex issue in them.

Kind of like what I am doing with you right now.
>>
>>23312861
High IQ people are too smart to have friends, too smart to communicate effectively, too smart to make valid arguments, too smart to use pattern recognition, too smart to do anything other than be a crying screaming pants shitting baby that sits and pouts about how unfair it is that nobody is as smart of a super brain genius as they are. They're actually legally mandated to cry on 4chan for a few hours each day, it's really not fair.
>>
File: 1705300292035381.png (36 KB, 450x450)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
>>23313001
>Governments and religions use social engineering on tens of millions of individuals to drive them to do fundamentally undesirable things, such as wageslaving, fighting in wars or paying taxes.
And this is a good thing...?
Doesn't this just support the idea that smart and dumb people fundamentally can't get along and are destined to be in a one sided master/slave relationship that is dysfunctional and will inevitably collapse?
>>
>>23313031
>relative to past averages
But people don't do IQ tests in a way that allows their direct comparison with the past series. It needs to be the same exact test, applied to an otherwise identical population sans chronology, otherwise the actual difference gets drowned in the statistical noise.

We don't apply them to identical populations, and we use different tests because we keep finding flaws in the earlier versions and rectifying it.

I am starting to think that your IQ is insufficient to understand IQ tests.

>the current average is 90
But there is no current average of 90.
>>
>>23313059
>Doesn't this just support the idea that smart and dumb people fundamentally can't get along
No, because the governments and religions are also run by low IQ people. High IQ people are ultimately an artisan caste thrown at solving math and building nukes so that fat retards in big rooms can extract more pedophilia sex and cocaine from other low-IQ retards.
>>
the term IQ makes me cringe ngl
>>
>>23313048
>Smart people can explain things to dumber people without dumbing them down

This is obviously just insanely wrong and naive. This is so wrong I can't even believe that you genuinely believe it.
At a certain point you can't accurately teach a dumb person something complex even if you dumb it down immensely. You might think you did but look all I can say is just go try and teach really stupid people some advanced subject and see how far they get in the real world.
You're not even paying attention to the real world right now otherwise you'd see that schools everywhere have already been dumbing things down a lot and the kids still can't do it.
>>
what is the point of this so called IQ test?
a man that doesn't suffer from a case of insufficiency wouldn't ever need of it, it wouldn't even a thought

it is not something that creates definition, it is just a showcase of a result of an arbitrary test
the point here isn't the arbitrariness but rather it being simply a result, as you are who you are; what will change when you get your result?

but even if we forego all of this, and simply focus on the issues that are created by something arbitrary like a highly intellectual person; wouldn't a smart person, highly proud of their IQ, or at least in the understanding that intelligence is essential to their being; wouldn't they deem to be less smart problematic, compared to the problems that may result from being highly intellectual?

the curse of high iq seems to just be an outcry of suffering when it is actually the fault of the character; the human ego just doesn't want to see itself as an idiot
>>
can someone with high iq tell me if these posts are satire?
>>
>>23312871
>anyone with an average IQ would be a hassle to interact with due to the same principle.
crazy how many midwits this filters
>>
>>23312939
>In reality smart people are trying to work with dumb people but the end result is that everything has to be symbolically condensed which only promotes religion to take over and makes everything harder for the midwits.
FTFY
>>
>>23313091
>what is the point of this so called IQ test?
To quantify the intelligence of people
>a man that doesn't suffer from a case of insufficiency wouldn't ever need of it
This is obviously wrong. For some reason you seem to be assuming this an ego thing. Lets ask this why gather data on average heights, weights, etc...? Why gather data on anything? It stands to reason that data about people is going to be useful to people in many ways. It seems to me that people who dislike IQ just don't want to admit they have a chip on their shoulder about being quantified because it will break the illusion that they're not special. A high IQ person should be fine with a system like IQ because data is data and it's useful either way. Even if IQ isn't a perfect system some data is better than none.
>>
>>23312592
Itt dunning krueger victims describe what their idea of an intelligent person is like >>23313029
>>If you're so smart, how come you haven't figured out how to meet other smart people?
>That's what 4chan is for, stupid.
>>>>>>>implying
LOL
>>
>>23313034
>Midwits tend to be able to identify high IQ people and often subordinate themselves, which makes it hard for high IQ people to find true peers (and thus make friends rather than mere acquaintances).
Yeah I had a high IQ friend and I always resented him for treating me as a peer rather than a subordinate. Then again, I also resented him for treating me as a subordinate so.
>>
>>23312592
This guy is the quintessential MGTOW whiner. Such a bitter and incessant whiner. He's been at it for years. I can't imagine anyone tolerating his presence for more than a few minutes.
>>
The distance between a 130 IQ human and a 100 IQ human is the same as the distance between a 100 IQ human and a chimpanzee. Just imagine for a moment you are one of the few humans in a society run by chimpanzees. This should help midwits understand how hard it is to be smart.
>>
>>23313153
>midwit
100 iq monkey and 100 iq human aren't the same
>>
>>23313085
>At a certain point you can't accurately teach a dumb person something complex even if you dumb it down immensely.
That just means that the dumb person is not interested in learning the complex thing, which is a dead end regardless of the intellect and skills of the teacher - teaching is a form of communications, and communications takes two to work. Which has nothing to do with the intelligence of either participant.

>You're not even paying attention to the real world right now otherwise you'd see that schools everywhere have already been dumbing things down a lot and the kids still can't do it.
See above.
>>
>>23313110
No, the posters here are serious and think that they have high IQ just because they can't connect with others. In a midwits world they would get sent to the retard class in school with the other intellectuals.
>>
>>23313153
>distance
Your IQ is below 95 - it can be clearly seen in that you cannot comprehend difference between things in any way other than equating them with distances.
>>
>>23313174
essence should be understood first of all for causation to be made
>>
>>23313174
We get it anon you're jealous of people who are smarter than you so you cope by thinking you have more "people skills".
The harsh reality is you've just become good at ingratiating yourself because you can't survive any other way and smart people have no reason or desire to do that because they can survive through their own merit and abilities.
>>
>>23313198
>survive through their own merit and abilities
things like money and social survival being equated to intellectual capability
LOL
>>
>>23313198
>smart people can survive on their own
So can a chimpzee. Congratulations, you're on the same level as a wild animal.
>>
I’ve watched the author’s YouTube videos. I think he’s a classic pseud.
>>
Interesting thought: one of the biggest troubles of having a high IQ would be the fact that you don't have a special quality that normal IQ people can identify. What's worse is that somehow there's this idea people have got into their heads that if anyone says they have a high IQ, that is somehow evidence AGAINST them having a high IQ. Like, what do smart people then logically say, that they're stupid? Every genius is supposed to be a "aw shucks" humble dickhead about something they live with every day?

>99.9th percentile for height: you're tall as fuck
>99.9th percentile for income: you drive a $100k car
>99.9th percentile for intelligence: you talk like a fag and your shits all retarded

And you can't even use a MENSA membership anymore because it is just proof of being a insufferable crossword-puzzle autist. Advanced degrees are more proof of available money and fear of the outside world. Should geniuses get a special hat or badge?
>>
>>23313180
>Get ON da plane? Fuck dat, I'm gettin IN da plane!
I think that's more a feature of the English language than anything. Which, like most languages, is a symptom of IQ distribution.
>>
It’s a book for mentally ill, high iq people coping with the fact that they aren’t the next Albert Einstein. So, they say the reason they were never successful was as a result of their IQ when it was whatever mental illness they had. However, even if they didn’t have it, they would have just been another 1/20 wit.
>>
>>23312592
Sounds like the sort of navel gazing a midwit would do, for halfwits to read. Why would I someone to tell things which suck about being me?
>>
>>23313760
Haha this guy mad af!!!!!

But yeah you're right. People will get jealous and get on your shit if you imply you're somehow better than them. It's like when girls throw acid at prettier girls.
>>
>>23312592
How would a mid individual such as myself recognize a high IQ sufferer?
>>
>>23313213
I like Aaron but he clearly has issues. Writing a book about how intelligent people like him are cursed is a massive cope. I can't take anything he writes in earnest seriously because he is clearly someone that has always been maladaptive. If he was born like 10 years later he would be a typical 4chan user.
>>
>>23313153
don't worry, pretty soon catholics will start clubbing infants in the head to achieve IQ equity
>>
>>23312897
>>23312901
anyone under 130 is low iq. 130-155 is average.
>>
>>23313760
>one of the biggest troubles of having a high IQ would be the fact that you don't have a special quality that normal IQ people can identify
Exactly the opposite. Normalfags can tell if you're smarter than them, especially if you're both involved in some substantive work together.

>>23314281
>Average IQ begins at the 97th percentile
130 is the end of normalcy, but it's factually a high IQ
>>
>>23313110
You should see /sci/ if you think this is bad.
>>
>>23312592
>Aaron Clarey
More like Curse of the Small-Dicked Incel.
>>
>>23312592
except I've met high IQ retards who can barely function. this entire book is a deflection. yea they operate on a high level in some specific areas, but they're aren't capable of 'dumb' things like caring for their animals or socializing like I've seen. if they're so smart, they should easily be able to chameleon and blend in anywhere. guess you aren't so smart.
>>
this guy's whole career revolves around coping with the fact that he's in his late 40s and never got married
just check his blog and youtube lmfao

poor dude
>>
>>23312592
All the high IQ people I know are either burnout NEETs or very rich/successful. There doesn't seem to be any in-between. I think the successful ones are just those who managed to not have their spirits crushed by the education system.
>>
>>23312948
>Just push the right buttons and you can manipulate everyone

This modern psychology drivel is such a midwit take. People tolerate a lot and are often quite generous with their time but that should not equated with a mastery of peoples agency. Do you think MKUltra was a success? Do you think the Chinese government is unafraid of its people? Can you explain the Catholic or even generally christian fall from the center of society?

You sound so confident you're not being herded around but everyone else can be? Sure thing bro.
>>
>>23314735
Im actually too smart to understand socialization retard you wouldn't know cuz your dumb
>>
I used to work with legitimately retarded people. They can be a hassle. The IQ gap between me and them is smaller than the gap between me and a literal genius. That is wild to think about. You are comparatively retarded to them.
>>
>>23312891
>if you’re so smart why can’t you enjoy eating shit and rolling around in mud huh?!
tardo seething
>>
>>23312592
im too smart to get pussy
>>
>>23314797
this is why diversity plus proximity equals conflict. creatures should be grouped with other species of similar intelligence. multiculturalism is an evil fallout 3-style mind control experiment
>>
>>23312891
The answers to your questions are already clearly stated or implied in the post you responded to. You should honestly have your skull smashed into a brick wall, it’s probably a better use of it than whatever you generally use it for.
>>
>>23314797
>The IQ gap between me and them is smaller than the gap between me and a literal genius
Downies have IQs of like 50 on average. Genius is 140+
So you're.... sub 90?
>>
>>23314926
Think of “not safe to be out in public unsupervised because they’d get into a friendly stranger’s car” level of retarded rather than drooling retard.
>>
>>23314959
ahhh word word word
i almost put a follow up of
>or are they closer to the borderline of like 70-80?
>>
>>23313760
>Like, what do smart people then logically say, that they're stupid? Every genius is supposed to be a "aw shucks" humble dickhead about something they live with every day?

You clearly have no social skills. Not saying you're wrong but going around saying how smart you are generally doesn't make people like you, because they then think you think you're "better" than them. "Putting on airs".
>>
>>23314983
how long will it take you to realize intelligent people don't give a shit how ~95% of normies perceive them? If you have nothing to gain from the interaction, why bother with the niceties?
>>
>>23315044
>nothing to gain from having people on your side
You're even dumber than the masses you perceive as unintelligent.
>>
>>23315074
>different people have different wants and desires
shocker
>>
>>23315076
Yeah there are smart people whose pursuits are purely personal and don't depend on how they're perceived by others. You're not one of them.
>>
>>23315087
dont remember saying i was xdddd keep playing imaginary mind games with strangers on the internet xDDDDD
>>
File: spud.png (3 KB, 404x399)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
>>23315092
fug
>>
>>23312881
Good Dunning Kreuger show case. Iq is bell curve. The world is built for average people. Low iq people are just as rare as High iq people. Hence the bell curve.
>>
>>23313760
It’s called having social skills and not being a douche. A iperson going around talking about the MENSA is just as insufferable as the guy who constantly brings up how rich he is. A true genius shows his brilliance through his words and actions.
>>
If you want to imagine what it feels like to be smart, and i am not talking about 130 iq midwits, I am talking 145+ to 160. Then go to your local highschool and try interacting with the teenagers. It will be well meaning at first and you'll enjoy the youthful energy. Then try to imagine yourself, an adult, going there everyday, try to convince yourself that you can talk to them about taxes, and rent and dating troubles, medical emergencies, family troubles, work politics, do they care? Will they tell you to chill out and have fun? Then after that is done, we go to the next phase, try to imagine them running everything. The bank has a 15 yr teenager who got hired because the manager's her uncle and all she does all day is paint her nails and watch tiktok, try to imagine interacting with her after you request a withdrawal. Or the punk at the hospital who tells you to wait because he is not finished playing video games. Or your boss at work who makes fun of you when you tell him you have not been paid. Or the president who starts jock fights and bullies his nerd staff because they don't wear the latest fashion. Try to imagine that every single day you have to interact with teenagers, you have to tolerate them and their idiosyncracies, you have to live in a world full of teenagers running everything and whenever you point out a mistake, they gather together and bully you, then when they realize it was a mistake, they ignore your contributions and take credit for 'minimizing' the damage, and then they tell you, you should be glad to have a job. The only desirable kind of high iq there is the control freak billionaires like musk and those are exceptions because high iq people like everyone else have differing personalities, some want to have nothing to do with the world like grigori perelman and some want to control it.
>>
>>23315564
No your a dunning kreuger showcase because you dont realize everyone is low IQ compared to me, including you.
>>
>>23315610
>NO NO NO NOOO HOW AM I EVER SUPPOSED TO BE HAPPY AS A HIGH IQ INDIVIDUAL WHEN I CAN IMAGINE DUMB PEOPLE IN MY HEAD TO GET MAD AT!!!!
You have it so hard.
It's also funny how IQ discussion always turns into reducing people into childish generalizations akin to horoscopes, MBTI, or alpha/sigma/beta/shrigma/yogurt male tier discussions.
As a high IQ sigma im going to create a very gross overgeneralized view of the world and if you disagree with me you're a low IQ beta.
>>
>>23315714
You are the one who is using childish generalizations such as mbti and sigma, beta, me, I just stick to the simple teenager.
>>
>>23315728
You missed the point entirely and if that doesn't speak volumes on your intelligence then I don't know what will.
>>
>>23315732
Sure you also missed my point. see, two can play this game midwit.
>>
>>23315740
I see the point you're trying to make and it's retarded. The example you gave has more to do with low levels of agreeableness and poor social skills than it has to do with intelligence. You aren't special for being an unsocialized brat that hates interacting with people. Everyone hates interacting with everyone these days, including all the normies, midwits and retards. Do you think normies don't do the same shit where they put people into boxes, judge them and try to contrive reasons as to why they are more special than you?
>>
>>23315781
You can be both intelligent and disagreeable retard, I can see why such a simple observation escapes you, but my post applies to both kinds of intelligent personalities as I espoused in the last sentence. Teenagers exist to either be controlled or avoided, but you missed that too didn't you midwit?
>>
>>23315610
That’s a horrible comparison because teenagers used to get married and function as adults in olden times. Teens aren’t retarded, they’re just young. Learning your Iq and interacting with someone who tests twenty to thirty points lower is a better comparison to what the OP’s book is about.
>>
>>23315838
That is irrelevant lmao, why do midwits get stuck on the pedantries of analogies. Nobody cares what they did 100 yrs ago. I asked you to imagine, I didn't ask you what they were doing 100 yrs ago or whether they were retarded.
>>
I bet all the seething midwits itt are the annoying niggers at partys who just want to talk about philosophy for 2 hours straight.
>>
>>23313153
>The distance between a 130 IQ human and a 100 IQ human is the same as the distance between a 100 IQ human and a Somali. Just imagine for a moment you are one of the few humans in a society run by Somalis.
Fixed and to be fair it's quite horifying thought.
>>
>>23315947
It's not fixed. IQ is a ranking. It doesn't say what you can do.
It's like being first, second, third etc in a 100m race. It says that you're faster or slower than some other participants, but it doesn't say whether you completed the race in 10, 15 or 20 seconds.
>>
>>23312592
the guy who wrote it is an insufferable midwit who values himself too highly and is angry at the world (himself really)
>>
>>23312592
>you are the people you keep around
>most people are dumb
>a high IQ individual is dumb because the majority of people around him are dumb
this shit is a social issue, not one you can read and solve out of a book like your 4th grade multiplication table
>>
Got tested at 148 when I was a kid, test took around 4 hours in a university.
I don't feel like a super mind or whatever, just faster at understanding shit and make connections between concepts, but nothing that makes me that different.
I actually get along the best with manual workers and below average intelligence people because I let my unconscious and my dick (same thing) lead my life just like them unlike 120iq midwits who think they're actually more than animals.
>>
>>23315962
Yeah he's a grifter. He's more or less right on this topic I suspect, though.
And for what it's worth, there's a lot about the world to be angry about. Not that it's healthy to get worked up about things that you can't change.
>>
>>23315580
>A true genius shows his brilliance through his words and actions.
People with average IQ are not smart enough to identify the words and actions of a brilliant person beyond "Man this nigga is weird"
>>
>>23316503
you're really smart. like super smart. like really really smart. like i should ask you what i should be doing with my life and then do what you tell me to
>>
>>23316725
I'm not him, but it doesn't really work that way. Knowing what to do is only half the battle. Doing what you know that you need to do is just as important, if not more important. A lot of people struggle far more with the latter than the former.
>>
>>23312891
You can, it’s just really frustrating and boring. Sort of like when you hang out with 4 year olds that aren’t your own for a few hours.

It’s not that exaggerated but god damn it’s annoying when the conversation is limited.

On a broader level it’s really annoying to see how stupid most people are.
>>
/// There were no soldiers visible here, just traffic and crowds of shoppers and storekeepers, tourists and the schnorrers who hit them up for money /// Lisa was living it up like she didn't have a care in the world /// The discovery was a fluke /// The analysis needs to be more granular /// The ancient ivy cleaved to the ruined castle walls /// The speech touched on all the important issues but never really discussed them /// A ballot snafu in the election led to a recount /// The drug is very effective - the only snag is that it cannot be produced in large quantities /// People with devious intentions always manage to find loopholes in legislation /// The car gave a sudden judder, then stopped dead /// She might live to rue this impetuous decision /// For now, foreign companies should tread carefully and onshore user data when possible /// We had to trudge through deep snow to get to school /// The play just plodded along in the second act /// Wortman is listed as a denturist — a person who makes dentures — in the city of Dartmouth, near Halifax /// She'll be delivering the keynote address at the conference on Friday // He rummaged through the jumble of papers on his desk /// That is not much comfort to a motorist stuck in a snowdrift /// When they reached Trafalgar Square, the demonstrators were hemmed in by the police /// He is a philologist, specializing in American poetry /// Let's avoid that particular rabbit hole and consider a broader and more unsettling point ///All images were taken at 8000 frames per second, using schlieren photography /// The meticulous artist arranged the vibrant flowers in a perfectly set bouquet /// It's told in epistolary format (with emails messages, letters) as lawyers try and figure out what happened /// My older brother and his cronies all got computer science degrees as they were told this would be the "it" job of the future /// Under a new administration, the government has changed tack /// Plaintiffs and jurors seem mostly like rubes shoehorned into the show /// She viewed her students as blank slates, just waiting to be filled with knowledge /// The top of the wooden chest was inlaid with ivory /// When the economy hit the skids, trailers offered an alternative form of cheap, year-round housing /// She is a deadpan comedian of the driest vintage, and her face remained stolid /// The hot coffee nearly scalded his tongue /// Nor, given the premises of the white paper, is it obvious why capture would even have to be attempted /// Her heart sank at the thought of moving so far away /// For a long time, linguistic anthropologists have argued against equating a population that shares a linguistic code with the status of an ethnic unit /// I'd worked a twelve-hour day and was absolutely drained /// It's hard to teach subversive farming in regular academic curricula, which is mostly beholden to big industrial agribusiness interests anyway ///
>>
>>23315044
If you ever move out of your parents' house you will learn it's generally better to not needlessly antagonize people. That doesn't mean you have to be invested in the social interactions because being "pleasant" when there's nothing at stake is quite effortless, if you're not autistic of course
>>
>Dude if ur so smart why u not millionaire surrounded by hot pussy

Is there like, a name for this fallacy lmao
>>
>>23317051
hot pussy and yachts fallacy
>>
>>23314731
lel
>>
>>23312891
this desu
interacting with Normies really isn't hard as long as you don't carry yourself like a self-righteous rebbitfag.
anyone that complains about how "woe is me, I have a high IQ and can't relate to people" is just an abject retard with a God complex.
>>
I have a tested IQ of 139 and to an extent, yes, speaking with other people is a hassle. I can stand idiots, usually their lack of intelligence leaves them incapable of being inauthentic. Midwits though… I cannot stand midwits. And by midwits I mean people who are usually just a little smarter than average like 110 IQ. They’re aware of the complexity of the world to a degree and attempt to understand it which is all well and good but they’re also capable of using this ambivalence of the world to lie effectively. Additionally, their understanding of complexity is usually very surface level and they tend to use very surface level metrics and standards because of it. A perfect example of this is Lex Friedman while a perfect example of an idiot is Joe Rogan. Lex will try to impart every word he speaks with the gravitas of a soliloquy while Rogan just says what comes to his mind. If Rohan has a biologist come on he’s going to ask them how plants work, if Lex has a biologist on he’s going to ask them what they think Nietzsche meant by some random quote. The problem is that midwits aren’t aware of what they don’t know and idiots, to an extent, are.
>>
>>23314750
This.
>>
File: lvlv14-zRbKqjRzUQC1PCg-1.png (2.16 MB, 1024x1024)
2.16 MB
2.16 MB PNG
Most self-reported high IQ people are simply badly socialized normies of averagr ability that are aware of their own failures and thus resentful. They then compare themselves to the sheeple of modernity and mistakingly believe they occupy a much high quotient than they do. You can't change my mind.

>t. tradesman with a house, a family, a good income and a fulfilling life
>>
>>23317351
being a tradesman IS the high IQ play and it’s how all people used to operate in the past.
your dad has a trade, he teaches you, you now have job security because of a skill you’ve honed since you were young(the best time to learn), and you could venture out if you earned enough and got bored
>>
>>23315044
Being smart doesn’t make you better than anyone and you shouldn’t treat people like objects
>>
>>23317566
the latest mark zuckerberg interview he talked about how we have to stop making intelligence an important part of human worth. because computers are probably already more intelligent than us and are only going to become more intelligent
>>
This whole thread can be summarized by sorting people into a 2x2 matrix of coping/seething and midwit/autist
>>
>>23313009
try telling anyone there are different kinds of intellect
IQ undeniably measures a particular kind (and that kind demonstrably exists) but anyone who has interacted with that particular kind of "smart person" will understand they arent brilliantly successful at everything
it's the difference between wisdom and IQ, or social intelligence and IQ, etc.
>>
>>23317573
That assumes the only value of intelligence is its ability to do work and solve problems, and the problem with that assumption is that this matters for us only as far as it comes to meeting needs of food/shelter/family. In first-world nations, we've almost entirely met those needs already and yet still value intelligence.

The real reason intelligence matters is that it lets you live a more fulfilling life. You can overcome more challenges, find new questions, and impact the world around you more easily. These things matter because it's in our nature to overcome challenges, even if said challenges are entirely arbitrary.
>>
>>23317218
>A perfect example of this is Lex Friedman while a perfect example of an idiot is Joe Rogan. Lex will try to impart every word he speaks with the gravitas of a soliloquy while Rogan just says what comes to his mind. If Rohan has a biologist come on he’s going to ask them how plants work, if Lex has a biologist on he’s going to ask them what they think Nietzsche meant by some random quote. The problem is that midwits aren’t aware of what they don’t know and idiots, to an extent, are.
this example is interesting because you dont seem to understand that joe rogan is a talk show host
he is asking base level things he knows his guest will have considerable knowledge regarding; he is planting the seeds of conversation by starting out with the most base level of a topic and digressing into something more interesting from there
part of intellect is not merely stowing some immense library of information nor trivia, it is the ability to pave a sort of pathway into that knowledge that allows other people to comprehend it
it is the understanding that helping people understand you, rather than merely rattling off information so they become intimidated or disinterested, will benefit you in many ways
joe rogan is a well-known name because he has figured out how to do this (be it because he's intelligent or by accident) and if you'd like to consider yourself intelligent, you should grasp why his show format is also intelligently constructed
>>
>>23317573
>probably

That's what I like to see, collapsing all of human society based on hypotheticals
>>
>>23317642
Not exactly what I was going for but yes I see what you’re saying. There are several examples of Rogan having people on that he’s clearly out of his depth with so he resorts to questions that he can comprehend instead of questions befitting the person. For example he had Roger Penrose on and when the conversation progressed to his philosophy of science Rogan became enamored with the idea that numbers are a human construct and the conversation didn’t move above that. He had Bret Weinstein on and Rogan talked about hunting for an hour. I believe in the whole Einstein “fish and the tree” thing and would say that Rogan is obviously extremely knowledgeable on physiology and combat but when he gets into the weeds on historiography or science he often gets lost. Take the whole younger Dryas hypothesis or whatever it’s called by Graham Hancock as an example. This is a quite frankly insane hypothesis on the same level of unbelievability as the Finno-Korean hyper war that no exaggeration goes against the entirety of the fossil record, written history, and archaeological records all based on one site in turkey that has a couple of strange carvings and Joe bought into it faster than he could blink. I mean, just look at the difference in the level of conversation when he has a UFC guy or physiologist on. He keeps up with them and honestly even challenges them on occasion. All I’m saying is it’s clear when the man is out of his element.
>>
>>23317573
>the latest mark zuckerberg interview he talked about how we have to stop making intelligence an important part of human worth.
Because they want dumb fucking goyim.
>>
Iq doesnt intelligence retards---
Smart = how far you have traveled
Iq= how fast you can travel
Intelligence = knowing what way to travel.

>but muh iq is 130+ and im depressed :/
Yea thats cuz ur a retard
>>
>>23312592
>tfw too inteligent to have sex
>>
>>23317823
i went to japan bitc ahnd that plane was fast
shut the fuck up
>>
File: Untitled picture.png (108 KB, 358x202)
108 KB
108 KB PNG
>>23317850
>>
>>23317566
>Being tall doesnt make you any better at basketball and you shouldn't treat manlets like children

hahahaha get a load of this dumbass
>>
>>23318025
WOWEE HE'S GOOD AT NEGROBALL I KNEEL
>>
>>23318025
Being smart doesn't make you a better person though and for some reason the people in this thread are ascribing morality to intelligence which is fucking retarded. You're not a good person by virtue of having a higher IQ. There's good people out there who wouldn't be considered high IQ and there's intelligent people who suck. You just have more capabilities that's all.
>>
>>23318065
Morality IS intelligence. Once you know reincarnation is real, following the Ten Commandments is game theory optimal. Do people think Star Trek-level civilizations just have retards running around murdering people and looting Burger Kings?
>>
>>23318065
beyond the fundamentals morality is subjective and like >>23318105 says intelligent people make far more rational/informed decisions compared to the average and below. not a good leg to stand on
>>
>>23312891
>Kind of like Ozymandias in watchmen feeling his only peer could have been Alexander the Great
literally me
>>
>>23318065
>Being smart doesn't make you a better person though
it literally does, the same way that being tall makes you a better basketball player.
>>
>>23318155
>morality is subjective
nah wrong
Read Anselm. Morality is rationality. If people didn't have an ego, Kant's categorical imperative would be right.
>>
File: 1662582839809608.jpg (8 KB, 343x147)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>23318155
>morality is subjective
>>
>>23318179
>If people didn't have an ego
but they do so the theorys more or less redundant in this context
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 148x196)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>23318232
>but they do
Not everyone :^)
>>
>>23313053
Kek
>>
File: 1713648624306809.png (251 KB, 600x450)
251 KB
251 KB PNG
>>23315829
>You can be both intelligent and disagreeable retard
Tell me where I said you couldn't be. You guys claim intelligence but there's only one man you feel comfortable responding to (pic related), and it's not me.
>>
>>23313053
They are also too smart to win
>>
>>23314735
this.
>>
>>23317218
haha this guy gets it, although you shouldn't be mad at midwits, we are trying
t. i dont know my iq
>>
>>23318155
yeah, morality isn't subjective, that's moral relativism which is a disgusting and incoherent ideology. >>23318105
and no morality isn't intelligence, morality is conducive to wisdom not intelligence. intelligence is more akin to a tool, wisdom is self-proximation.
>>
>>23319252
>if your arguments doesn't align with some literal-who ideology I'll align it for you otherwise I cant take understand it at face value
most retarded thing I've read today
>>
>>23312895
kek
>>
>>23319252
You probably only know the weakest versions of relativism. Relativism is 100% coherent.
>>
>>23313029
>That's what 4chan is for, stupid
lol
>>
>>23320152
>Has never heard of moral relativism
Ngmi
>>
>>23320254
Enlighten me then
>>
>>23312861
Low IQ = you live in a world of miracles where superhuman engineers create wonderful inventions for your own enjoyment. The government cares about you. Tragedies are an inevitable result of bad luck and fate.
High IQ = everyone around you is an underachieving complacent imbecile. Things could work better if everyone else wasn't content wallowing in shit. If you take up the task of fixing things yourself, others will just abuse you and work you to death like a pack mule. The government sees you as a threat and wants you stifled and castrated. You see how many tragedies are the result of easily avoidable human error and stupidity, if not outright greed and malice.
>>
>>23321101
> The government sees you as a threat and wants you stifled and castrated.

Why? Wouldnt the government want you to work for them instead?
>>
>>23312592
Is this by the author of My Diary Desu?
>>
>>23321850
Napoleon famously said the only way to deal with an intellectual is to shoot them because you can’t argue with them. You’re talking about taking these same people and putting them in the seats of power. How do you think that would end up working out?
>>
>>23321850
>Why? Wouldnt the government want you to work for them instead?
Only "work for them" as in get exploited and get discarded once the high IQ starts having his own ideas about things.
>>
>>23321889
I'm talking general high IQ, not dedicated intellectuals with visionary ideals. I dont see why having high IQ should mean a person should become less morally ambigious than the average person, or be less tempted into corruption himself.

>>23322093
That goes for everyone. It's not a "curse of the high IQ".
>>
>>23315906
>implying we go to parties
>implying we can articulate two hours worth of philosophy
yes I am projecting
>>
>>23312861
Simple. I assume you're of normal intelligence. Now imagine that everyone around you is a literal retard. Not just dumb but so dumb they forget to take their underwear off when they shit. And these morons are all around you all of the time. That's what life is like for the really high IQ. They look at war in the Ukraine, war in Gaza, Covid panics, nigger Presidents of Harvard, drooling 'leaders' like Biden, and they realize they're living in a madhouse. Because they are.
>>
>>23322305
most employers want employees which will do less for more pay and act out their orders with complete obedience. in the real world, employers typically only hire high-iq employees when forced by complex material constraints. if they are trying to do something they think is easy, they will hire their retard cousin. in some countries, they fail to replace the retard cousin when their construction company goes from building 1-story strip malls to 30-story office buildings, and they collapse
>>
>>23312592
The author is an example of someone who doesn't have a lot going for them making a big deal of their IQ after they took a test, and then concluding that interacting with people of lower IQ was below them. They effectively developed a social disorder.
If you are truly intelligent, you will have no problem expressing your thoughts simply to any audience.
>>
>>23323568
How do you quantify being "truly intelligent" and how is it distinct from IQ?
>>
>>23323568
you never read the book nor do you have any idea how high iq individuals think. most grow up believing they are the same as their peers until they find themselves more and more detached from the rest of the herd as a result of understanding more at a younger age. it can take up to a decade or more to acknowledge that your fundamentally different from those around you not some retarded iq test though that can certainly speed the realization up.

>If you are truly intelligent, you will have no problem expressing your thoughts simply to any audience.
no ones challenging this, and just because you can doesn't mean you want to.
>>
I like how almost 200 posts in no one can admit that
>Complaining about having high IQ means you actually have low IQ
Is quite possibly the stupidest fucking argument in existence and a direct example of why shit has gotten so bad in the West nowadays.

I have to assume it's triviabrained people who think this way. You watch Jeopardy! enough and assume intelligence is knowing Reddit factoids and spouting them off when prompted using your big gay mind palace. Peak intelligentsia, the most esteemed postmodern thinkers don't have synergistic capabilities or know how to recognize hyper-abstracted patterns, they're actually just sentient Wikipedia [Random Article] machines.
>>
>>23323611
Stop, you are scaring away the poster who has true and divine knowledge of intelligence and will deliver unto me his wisdom with regards to how he can identify the truly intelligent rather than those who merely have high IQ.
>>
>>23312592
The "Loser that almost failed high school but insists he's really a genius cries for 154 pages" book.
Almost as funny as an Archie comic
>>
>>23312592
Just like Stephen Fry is what dumb people think smart people are like this book is what dumb people think life is like for a smart person.
>>
>>23323611
>Claims to be intelligent
>Has to create an obviously retarded strawman argument that literally nobody agrees with to counterargue against
Is it this easy being smart? All I have to do is imagine dumb people that don't exist and argue against them?
>>
>>23323611
How many people do you personally know with a properly tested IQ of 145+?
>>
>>23312861

>what do high iq people have to deal with that makes it a curse

Nobody knows my iq but i have hit the max on wechsler twice (155). basically you have to deal with neurosis, tye mental equivalent of being a jg unable to sit still. A high IQ society would not work, like a herd of cows with horns so large they couldn't lift their heads.
>>
>>23324622
>high IQ society would not work

that's blatantly false, Planet Retard already has multiple breakaway civilizations
>>
>>23324622
Have you considered giving yourself brain damage? Oxygen deprivation or something? I'm asking seriously.
>>
>>23325477
>Have you considered giving yourself brain damage? Oxygen deprivation or something? I'm asking seriously.
No, being smart allows me to do some things easier than others, and some things others simply can't. I'm wealthy, I have a great career, lots of friends, it's just a matter of disciplining the mind. For instance, when I go on a long flight, I won't use headphones or watch anything. I won't do something to keep me occupied. I flew 14 hours back from NZ like this a few weeks ago.
If you aren't ok with being ok, then you have a problem. My default though is to think about everything: rehash old conversations I could have handled better, have debates with myself, worry I'm not doing enough with my career. Mental fidgeting.
>>
>>23324905
>that's blatantly false, Planet Retard already has multiple breakaway civilizations
When your greatest satisfaction comes from solving puzzles, you're not really interested in pumping out a lot of kids.
>>
>>23313110
Being unable to tell which posts are real and which ones are satire is a sign of a high iq
>>
>>23325629
>lots of friends,
Sub 130 iq detected
Take a hike bozo
>>
>>23325633
>When your greatest satisfaction comes from solving puzzles, you're not really interested in pumping out a lot of kids.

Wrong. An actual intelligent person would realize that the family unit is the most important part of society and a healthy lifestyle. U literally need to read more
>>
>>23325696

>the most important part of society
I have no interest in contributing to a society designed for 100 iq people. Go watch sports game, the outcome is very important
>>
This is the simplest way I can think of to explain what it's like dealing with people less smart than you.
The way the average not particularly intelligent person seems to think is like this:
You give them a subject, it's irrelevant which one. They enter at some arbitrary point in the middle (likely whatever one they can grasp with the small bit of knowledge they have or one they have some biased personal attachment to) and then stop reasoning at another arbitrary point (never the one at the end) when they simply don't feel like going on any more. The mere act of thinking beyond a small boundary tires them quickly and it's arduous to even convince them there is a logical end beyond that. They can neither start nor stop properly. They don't build any foundation or finish building what would theoretically be on top of it. They are always in an awkward middle ground of thought that can see neither the basic nor the complex and thus there is never even the slightest potential for truth and understanding. The idea of even challenging the premise or a priori of something seems ludicrous and could never dawn on them naturally. They engage with anything on its terms never their own, not intentionally anyway. To call their thought "reasoning" or "logic" is perhaps not even accurate. It's more alike to random impulses, tiny little sparks occasionally flickering and dying with the blink of an eye in an endless void. But the thought of a smart person is like a river of light, a deep and powerful current flowing unbroken in every possible direction.
>>
>>23325658

>Sub 130 iq detected
Friends are pretty easy to acquire if you are capable of wit and conversation. Only midwits think high iq s some form of autism.
>>
File: 1714104030356892.png (274 KB, 900x710)
274 KB
274 KB PNG
>>23325769
>missed the point entirely and starts spouting lame platitudes
Okay retard I was just being nice before, but u seriously gotta leave
>>
>>23325774

It sounds like you have lost track of your own conversation.
>>
>>23325778
nah thats u
>>
>>23312881
No it is built for the high IQ's to use the low and medium ones as resources.
>>
>>23325763
>I have no interest in contributing to a society designed for 100 iq people.
Okay, good for you? But I thought you were talking about a hypothetical high IQ society. In which case my point still stands.
Idk buddy, seems to me like your preconceived notions and conceit cloud your judgement
>>
>>23312592
Lmfao I never thought I’d see the day when Asshole Consulting would be on /lit/. I remember watching Aaron in high school. Crazy shit. Reconnoissance Man is a great book desu.
>>
I have a dead average IQ, but people assume I'm a genius. I score high on language reasoning (98pth) but am a bit below average in quantitative reasoning (48pth) which brings my score down significantly. Also I'm unfortunately not a sociopath who gets off on fooling people, so while I can talk all fancy-like, I can't actually make use my innate skills in any substantial way other than writing and other hobbies. Honestly, IQ ought to focus much more on quantitative reasoning and applied problem solving. One's ability to parse and retain information for creating novel solutions is the ultimate marker of intelligence for me.
>>
>>23312881
>Idiocracy
Go back to rebbit.
>>
>>23312895
Natural selection and divine judgement at its finest.
>>
>>23325821
>your preconceived notions and conceit cloud your judgement
IQ isn't an achievement and is therefore not worthy of accolades. Just like the world isn't built for someone who is 7'2, the super tall man isn't inherently superior, he just doesn't fit.
There is a documented adverse correlation between IQ and birth rates, so a higher IQ modern society would see even greater declines in birth rates than we are already seeing. I have no interest in having kids, I am selfish with my time, and watching my friends and colleagues getting baby trapped, cheated on, and divorced has only strengthed my feelings on that.
>>
File: terry.jpg (48 KB, 512x240)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
This thread lowered my IQ to 190. For some reason you are arguing over something cooked up by this guy >>23314731

There probably is a tiny grain of truth to the idea that being really smart also makes you kinda weird which can have disastrous effects for some people. I have always wondered how Terence Tao is so smart but never figured out he should pick up a fucking barbell. Maybe he just wants to look like a scrawny twink and get railed or some other thing I don't understand.
>>
File: 458484848465213148.png (63 KB, 516x242)
63 KB
63 KB PNG
>>23325983
>IQ isn't an achievement and is therefore not worthy of accolades
Never said it was, so why mention it?

Also overall faulty reasoning. You can't extrapolate data from our current average 100 iq society to form a conclusion about a hypothetical high iq average society. You come across as mentally deficient honestly
>>
>>23326090
>Never said it was, so why mention it?
Because you accused me of conceit. Try to keep up.
>Also overall faulty reasoning. You can't extrapolate data from our current average 100 iq society to form a conclusion about a hypothetical high iq average society. You come across as mentally deficient honestly
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/229224456_IQ_and_fertility_A_cross-national_study

You are a waste of time.
>>
File: wow.png (273 KB, 819x602)
273 KB
273 KB PNG
>>23326140
Conceit comes from an inflated ego not IQ, smoothbrain

>Links a article that says economical factors and a r/k selection theory explains the difference between fertility rates
>findings are Speculative
Wow Malthus was right. IQ means you can earn more money and that poor people breed more What a revelation!
Still doesnt apply though to a hypothetical society where everybody has a high IQ with a likely different economical landscape
Got any more cope or do you finally concede your claim ?
>>
>>23325633
..dumbest take honestly.
Like that anon said, the family unit is the most basic element to the construction of a well-developed society unless you take satisfaction from solving puzzles under Weimer republic.
>>
>>23325986
>twink
Shut up
>>
>>23326181
The family unit lmao, nobody cares about that anymore, society itself has made it almost punishable for a man to have a family.
>>
>>23326194
Hard times create strong men.
Even during tyranny, there will always be gaps of ecological niches where independent minds can grow.
>>
>>23326286
Those gaps will be filled by immigrants, not native westerners
>>
>>23313053
I was rolling my eyes at this thread until this yielded a hearty chuckle.
>>
>>23313053
>low iq normie requirements list
>high iqs don't meet them
>therefore they are retarded
>>
File: 1714122934687601.jpg (36 KB, 551x800)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>anon got btfo and promptly left the thread like a bitch put in her place
hehe it's almost too easy
>>
>>23326450
Too vague, I've no idea whom you're talking about.
>>
>>23326536
These "geniuses" are too scared to argue so they make strawmans and when they don't make strawmans they do shit like this where they don't address the person they agree with.
>>
>>23326658
What strawmen, the ones you deliberately bring up because you continue missing the point? Your excuse for failing to understand is calling strawmen, which is a strawman in itself.
>>
>>23326188
racism is not allowed outside of /b/
>>
>>23326669
>You watch Jeopardy! enough and assume intelligence is knowing Reddit factoids and spouting them off when prompted using your big gay mind palace.
Do you know what a strawman is?
>>
>>23326729
>"Twink" is gay slang for a man who is usually in his late teens to twenties whose traits may include a slim to average physique, a youthful appearance, little or no body hair, and flamboyancy.
>>
>>23326862
I don't think you do anon.
>>
>>23326878
I don't know why I'm arguing with 4channel users on what a strawman is when the majority of you unironically believe the world is run by non existent caricatures of people in chads, tyrones, stacys and jews, argue against beliefs that nobody actually has and believe in overly generalized -pill ideologies. Literally none of you retards have any idea how the world works.
>inb4 ur strawmanning!!!
Yeah, and? It's true.
>>
>>23326918
So you don't know?
>>
>>23326918
i have a business idea where we go to all the pipe shops and we clean their pipes. you know how they display all these glass pipes there are so many and they get dusty. all the people that work in those places are always stoned and lazy so of course they will pay whatever we are asking to come in and cleans their pipes for them
>>
>>23317051
most high IQ have extremely high body counts because they're bragging about it in this thread
>>
>>23326920
I do know how pozzed your mind is by three letter agencies that turned you into a uselessly bumbling schizophrenic idiot obsessing over non-existent people and the beliefs held by these non-existent people.
>>
>>23326938
yes i have high iq and im very sexy (big penis too) make 400K TC
>>
>>23326946
>call everyone else a bunch of schizos who are all caricatures of people inside your head

nice ironic schizo performance art thread
>>
>>23326872
I'm well aware.
>>
>>23327009
You missed the point.
>>
>>23313032
lol
>>
File: 1714163719563019.png (131 KB, 512x468)
131 KB
131 KB PNG
>>23326536
ofc u don't, but the anon it was intended for will know it was about him, once he desperately comes slithering back, forced by a morbid curiously to see if any sorry creature actually agreed with him and tried to defend his inane points of logic.
>>
Dealing with people more stupid than you is fine though. It only sucks when they have a position of power over you, like your boss at your job or whatever.
>>
>>23313064
based
>>
>>23328403
I'm in this position... my boss is a midwit retard but he keeps micromanaging me because I humiliated him. What do?
>>
>>23327189
That's a strawman, try better, schizo.
>>
>>23326291
Immigrants largely flock to major cities.
>>
Is this board high IQ?
>>
>>23312592
I am too smart... it is le society holding me back
>>
vgh... I'm surrounded by FOOLS
>>
>>23330039
Cognitive dissonance.
>>
>>23330105
Yes, obviously. Didn't you hear all these anons talk about how smart they are? We all know geniuses never produce anything valuable and never do anything that takes skill, they just spend all day talking about how smart they are.
>>
>>23326368
Pattern recognition is literally the metric to measure IQ, retard. You are not smart. You are a retarded loser with no value, and have to gaslight yourself into thinking you're smarter or better than others in any way.
>>
>>23317218
I disagree, because Rogan is a dumb motherfucker who has a very large audience, and that large audience brainlessly regurgitates everything he says. He is too stupid to realize when he is wrong, biased, what qualifies as good or bad evidence, or when he is contradicting himself and his brainlet audience defends him when he speaks confidently about matters he knows nothing about. If he just talked about simple things, like whether or not a gorilla could beat a bear in a fight, I wouldn't care, but he now has opinions on politics, science, nutrition, ethics, and other concepts that his meathead audience laps up. His fans are completely and utterly insufferable.

At least with Lex, while he is popular he is not as ridiculously mainstream as Rogan so the odds of you encountering someone on the street who rattles off some meaningless platitude they heard from him is comparatively low
>>
>>23312948
Crazy how hard you're failing to grasp such a simple point. Interacting with retards is easy. It's also painfully annoying and boring, so you wouldn't want to. How are you missing what he's saying so hard?
>>
>>23330275
How many times does the voice in your head tell you that you are a pseud chud anon?
>>
>>23314983
Normalfags are crabs. You don't have to go around putting on airs, you can simply act naturally (read: actually use language properly, break down problems into math and methodologically tackle them, hold icky opinions on politics or social events, not like watching sports) and that's usually enough to trigger their insecurities and get them to hate you and actively plan to ruin your life. It's survival instinct to drag whoever's better than you down.
>>
>>23314983
You don't have to say how smart you are to trigger normies and low iq retards. Simply being yourself is enough for this. Social skills are are a tool, high iq people can learn and discard them appropriately, they are not some rocket science blueprints privy only to a secret society.
>>
I love the social skills crutch that normies use to 'cripple' high iq. Its almost like arguing that normies need to baby talk children all the time, whenever you see a child, you have to switch to baby talk and suspend everything else. Try doing that all day normies, how about all the time throughout your life. Just visit a day care and see how long you will last dealing with children.
>>
>>23312861
inflated self importance manifesting in thoughts such as "woah i just thought about the like, suffering in the world man, despair grips me and assures me i am smart, who else thinks about such important things? heh... my brain just did a self stroking cummy"
>>
I don't claim intelligence. I think priding oneself on intelligence (baseless or not) provides negative value to one's life, and those who do pride themselves on intelligence are insecure and have no accomplishments to pride themselves on.
I had the gifted kid childhood, skipped grades, I was markedly smarter than all the other gifted kids in my classes as well as every adult in my childhood without trying, tested for 147 IQ as a kid. I could very well choose to identify with this but I choose not to because it provides no value to anyone else and negative value to me.
What has intelligence done for me? It makes me easier to pick things up, easier to solve things and has ruined my work ethic. I would rather pride myself on being anything other than intelligence and becoming like the retards that think "my IQ is 147" is a valid argument or source to anything their illogical mind can come up with.
Intelligence is nothing like what the posters in here think it is. You guys would hate geniuses and stop identifying with intelligence if you really interacted with them. Most of them say and think retarded shit just like everyone else does. I'd wager that there are more Biden supporting geniuses than there are geniuses that support your views of the world.
Also, you can't really be intelligent and cry about shit all the time. Any problem or desire I've had in my life I've solved quickly and unsatisfyingly. Who cares if nobody understands you? Get over yourself. Loneliness and dissatisfaction have been written about for centuries, you guys are acting like you've never read a book.
>>
>>23330410
Lol you wrote a blog describing everything you deride, if you were as smart and authentic as you claim, you would not have written this slop, since according to you, intelligent people don't complain. In the first sentence you say you don't claim intelligence, then in another you go on to answer what intelligence has done for you, you couldn't be more disingenuous or confused..
>>
>>23330416
Well yes, I applied my intelligence on something other than posturing. That's the point. I don't identify as intelligent, that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to think.
>>
>>23313091
To quantify intelligence? People aren't good judges of their own intelligence. I genuinely thought I was near average, maybe 10-20% above average until I took the mensa IQ test in person and got 138 (not that it changes me being a failure who works at a gas station). And midwits always think they're intelligent.
>>
>Intelligence is nothing like what the posters in here think it is
Then you write this too, making the assumption that you know what it is like to be intelligent. Stop being disingenuous and just admit it. You can't write all this, post iq score, talk about intelligence in a familiar tone, then try to claim you are not intelligent and therefore separate from these people you are criticizing, either that or you are a larping retard.
>>
>>23330439
>reading comprehension
>>
>>23330429
>Intelligence is nothing like what the posters in here think it is
Then you write this too, making the assumption that you know what it is like to be intelligent. Stop being disingenuous and just admit it. You can't write all this, post iq score, talk about intelligence in a familiar tone, then try to claim you are not intelligent and therefore separate from these people you are criticizing, either that or you are a larping retard.
>>
>>23330441
>no, writing comprehension
You wrote the text retard. Whites don't talk about how it feels like being black and vice versa. If you want people to take you seriously, you need to have a consistent narrative.
>>
>>23330442
>reading comprehension
You are coming to conclusions that were not made in my post so reread the post if you're having trouble understanding it. I'm sure it's the mark of a genius to misconstrue (intentional or not) the words of others.
I was just warning people from identifying with intelligence in a vacuum and having their idle hands becoming the playthings of devils. But I feel many of you are too young, too immature, to inexperienced, too deep in cope or even too stupid to realize what is being communicated.
I have nothing else to say so goodbye.
>>
>>23330464
No, you are the stupid one trying to talk about something he doesn't understand and now running away because they have been exposed as a larping retard. Run retard, you don't speak for anyone intelligent.
>>
>>23312891
>why can't you figure out how to get along with the dumb dumbs that surround you?
I'm extremely high IQ and the people who can't get along with the dummies are not as smart as they believe and use their moderate intelligence as a coping mechanism.

At no point will the dummies think you aren't smart if you are actually smart. They'll think you are aren't smart if you are a midwit parading as a genius.
Which is what "high IQ" threads are filled with.
>>
>>23315610
>160
that's still midwit turf, after covid ofc. Think 300 and Leonidas.
>>
>>23315610
>130 iq midwits
The smartest 2.5% of the population

>>23330479
>160 IQ midwits
The smartest 0.03% of the population

You retards need to reevaluate your definitions of "midwit."
>>
I dunno about all that IQ and intelligence nonsense but I do love me some huge tits
>>
>>23330500
Sounds like you're a 200 IQ midwit to me. Try reaching 500 IQ next time, kiddo. If you're not at LEAST 27 deviations from the norm, you're basically fucking retarded.
>>
>>23312592
This cover is so ugly the designer deserves a punch in the face
>>
What is a good representation of a smart person from a smart perspective + adaptive and optimistic not some primitive slop like Flowers for Algernon? A romance at international Maths Olympiad sort of book or media.
My adhd makes my communication style less suited and fulfilling for interacting with NT people. I come across as quite smart even in academic circles, but I think it is mostly from niche and in-depth interests and over-investing time into them not raw IQ. I am nowhere near writing formulas on napkins for fun or solving everything in an instant, however, having smaller chances to truly connect with people is something I am interested in exploring and contemplating.
>>23330410
>Who cares if nobody understands you? Get over yourself.
Higher speed to process and solve doesn't typically free a smart person from normie brain circuitry, so you still want to socialise, fuck someone who understands you, see levels of beauty and complexity you enjoy being well-received and acknowledged in the mainstream and easily accessible. I feel smart people should have fewer excuses to be miserable and not some Hannibal Lector style bon vivants savouring what they like while verging Nirvana.
>>
File: US-Int.-Student-R3.jpg (977 KB, 1800x3260)
977 KB
977 KB JPG
>>23312592
Any other books or dissertations that *aren't* written by midwits discussing intelligence and how it pertains to the future?
>>
>>23312592
Aaron Clarey is great, I highly recommend World Without Men which shows by data how useless and entitled women are and men do all the work
And Book of numbers which shows how unlikely it is to find a partner today
>>
>>23331326
Just read this thread and you can make a good prediction of humanity and our intelligence.
Spoiler: it ain't pretty
t. 200IQ with crippling social anxiety, thus a pseud
>>
>>23331354
>won't find a partner
Skill issue
>>
File: bon.jpg (401 KB, 1156x714)
401 KB
401 KB JPG
>>23331362
Read the book
There just aren't enough good women
>>
>>23312592
Haven't read it, but would be a great book to read in a cafe in a corner table holding it up so the cover is clearly visible to everyone
>>
File: GKb1SOVW8AA4uef.png (16 KB, 680x485)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
>>23331369
And why do you think all of the cognitive elites are pushing for more children?
Books on bringing back arranged marriages so as to analyze and prefrontal cortexes(call it division of intelligence) like the Tang Dynasty?
>>
>>23331401
>all of the cognitive elites are pushing for more children?
Except they are not, they want you to stop having children to save the environment
>>
>>23330410
compeletely bland and insipid. you're not 147 iq.
>>
>>23312592
Im female with an IQ of 140 and I can say with confidence that being high IQ is one of the most debilitating things you could possibly imagine. Other women are fucking retarded. No I mean it. 100 IQ midwits have a hard time interacting with down syndrome people or anyone around 70 IQ points, but the moment I need to interact with the entire world who's 40 points below me, I get no sympathy.
Fucking worthless cunts. Lifetime of female exclusion and the target of their snakey ways. The only women I have in my life are also somewhat high IQ or autistic but by God the average foid is stupid beyond belief.
>>
>>23331369
> There just aren't enough good women
Cottect. For (you) and Aaron.
>>
>>23331571
how is the cat riding the skate
>>
>>23331592
High IQ sneakret
>>
>>23331591
I used to watch his videos and he liked to rail on people who couldn't get women, he'd call people who accepted their fate "virginTOWS," but then all of a sudden he decided to change his position. He's such a fraud.
>>
>>23331591
>Cottect
learn to spell lol
>>
>>23331591
Most countries have surplus young male population, especially China
>>
I suppose I am blessed to have sub-90 IQ.
>>
>>23331571
opinion on child marriage?
>>
>>23332230
Obviously not her, but this practice will emotionally and intellectually stunt any person. Not recommended.
>>
>>23312891
it's not that i can't figure out how to interact with you, it's just that it doesn't give me anything to do so and takes my energy. it's a tiresome chore.
>>
>>23321101
Good post.
>>
>>23321101
and the enlightened accept all of these things, let the dissonance and stress from them flow through them like water, do what they can to better the Earth and their fellow humans, accept what they cannot change, fight for just causes where they can, and seek a harmonious and interesting life with nature and love
>>
File: j5835908red.png (200 KB, 410x436)
200 KB
200 KB PNG
>>23313053
based
>>
>>23330410
I feel like this thread shows the exact opposite and basically proves the book right.
To me it seems like low IQ people are insecure so they constantly try to criticize anyone smarter than them with no real goal other than to feed their ego by bringing everyone down to their level.
To me this is one of the surest tests of intelligence. A smart person always has a larger useful goal in mind for the future whenever they do anything and a dumb person merely follows whatever selfish impulse they have in the moment.
You're just looking at everything purely through your own biased experiences completely in your head rather than looking and seeing what is actually happening. The people who accomplish real things are always at a base level of intelligence that you would call at least above average whereas the average and below average people spend their time mired in simple desires incapable of seeing the bigger picture and amount to nothing. All of the smart people who accomplish big things rarely seem overtly prideful even though they've earned it but the dumb insecure people act prideful all the time so long as they can "own" a smart person despite providing nothing of value.
>>
>>23332443
>All of the smart people who accomplish big things rarely seem overtly prideful
Then you've never meet someone extremely intelligent, they're all very, very arrogant. For good reason, really.
>>
>>23332537
*met*
>>
>>23332360
Unacceptable
It is not enough
I am so tired
>>
>>23330271
I don't get it, faggots here are flexing their heritage/iq/archivements, without having anything to back it, due to the inherent nature of an anonymous website, it isn't any different than a kid saying that his parent works on nintendo
>>
>>23332537
There is a difference between arrogance and confidence u pea brain. Pride stands in the way of reason. Humility coupled with confidence is key to true intelligence
>>
>>23312891
iq is pattern recognition, it does not make one people's person or wise or rich
a high iq out of touch wunderkind is an old meme
>>
>>23332547
seek further enlightenment anon, it is enough
>>
>>23332585
>>23332360
You dont speak for us who are actually enlightened. Heck if u were, you would understand 4chan is an awful place and a waste of time. But ur not and u dont.
>>
>>23332598
>ur
>u
cringe maraposter
>>
File: 1714275846516260.png (187 KB, 467x405)
187 KB
187 KB PNG
>>23332604
>quickly tries to change to subject, thereby acknowledging that ur a fraud and imposter
Weakminded creature
>>
>>23332610
>reflexive frogpost
>inability to perceive relational gestalt
>trite insult
yikes
>>
File: 1714278367410834s.jpg (6 KB, 250x212)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>23332612
>keeps ignoring my main criticism and perceives an objective statement as an insult
Dude if u wanna throw down Ill throw down
>takes of shirt
>>
>>23332617
*teleports behind u*
>>
>>23332011
If you had enough stability and direction from a young age. Security and learning to establish your own is huge. Once you've got that set, I imagine life is great when so many of your experiences can be fulfilling or entertaining.
>>
>>23332360
'Interesting' altruistic framing here, but it belies the reality of suffering for most. "Enlightenment" to you seems to be acceptance that the many are fodder for the progress of the few. Selfish re-framing as a coping mechanism.

To operate without delusion is to know we are a machine geared towards progress with suffering as fuel. The majority will be exhausted until they are no longer needed.

Unfortunately, some of us just can't get over this reality. Does that make us midwits? I presume so.
>>
File: 78bc1d785125eb6e.jpg (637 KB, 3768x3768)
637 KB
637 KB JPG
>>23321101
This is knowledge. Not high IQ.
>>
>>23312871
Are high IQ people so stupid to not be able to fid social settings where the average IQ is not too far from their own? They could join Mensa, enter academia and be surrounded by people of similar intelligence, get a job that has a high minimum IQ, etc... All it would take is to get a circle of friends with similar IQs and they wouldn't feel isolated anymore. The author probably a midwit who can't figure this stuff out by himself.
>>
>>23332797
you underestimate how many consciously and prideful high IQ people exist, what your suggesting is that high IQ individuals alter their entire life trajectory around finding someone else of a similar intelligence. Something the average take for granted. Mensas a meme and other resources for high IQ individuals are overshadowed by retards misappropriating terms such as "genius" "high IQ" etc for their quizzes, tiktoks, youtube videos and whatever else I may be missing.
>>
itt 300 pseuds
>>
>>23330474
Reread the original post tard. It's not the mark of a genius to tard rage at anything you can't comprehend or agree with.
>Run retard, you don't speak for anyone intelligent.
Never claimed I did. "Intelligent people" aren't one hivemind of people who collectively agree on things like I alluded to in my original post. Like I said in an earlier post, people who score high on IQ tests are subject to having retarded thoughts and terrible takes like everyone else and I can guarantee you that there are more Biden supporting geniuses than geniuses supporting your beliefs. I don't speak on behalf on any collective but you're the insecure freak who has to convince himself that all geniuses collectively agree on one set of values and beliefs that coincidentally happen to be your values and beliefs.
>>
>>23332729
Acquiring high knowledge requires high IQ. Hence there are also high IQ individuals that are completely bluepilled.
>>
>>23332360
Except there isn't any single thing you "can't change; no, you can change anything, but you can't change *everything*, you don't have enough time for that and the masses of idiots will keep slowing you down even if you barely could.
>>
>>23332360
>and seek a harmonious and interesting life with nature and love
And then you'll wake up from your idealistic idiot slumber and face the bitter reality that nature has been seized and commodified and soon will no longer be a thing accessible to the wide public. We've already seen this development with livestock animals, and we're not far from it reaching actual wilderness as well. The curse of high IQ.
>>
>>23333697
most if not all high IQ individuals are bluepilled because they have PhDs or masters in science and going to university means you are a liberal.
You can only be redpilled if you're rural blue collar.
>>
>>23333769
At least 50% of this post is blatantly false. Can you guess which 50%?
>>
>>23323508
It’s almost cute how much of a deluded midwit you are. Yes, you’re a really special little boy for watching Fox News and supporting a guy whose co-conspirators have been found in court to having tried to end US democracy (not talking about J6 btw).

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.