[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

LEAK IT DEAK
>>
File: 1706650533552554.jpg (1.09 MB, 1963x2356)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB JPG
>>23313424
I hope amazon ships it out fast tomorrow, been waiting for this lil' bitch for some years now. Been a while since I read it, will be great to reread it now that I know how to approach the book.
>>
>>23313440
in my zone, amazon has basically doubled it's price and it says it's not available. I even cancelled my pre-order.
>>
What's it about? Tell me about it.
>>
>>23313449
RIP my friend, what zone is that? I'm in Sweden where no one reads except for gayslop, detective/true-crime books or autobiographies of women leaders. So no one has heard of Donoso here, fortunately for me.

>>23313579
Just read the book nigger
>>
>>23313806
Shitaly.
>>
I've been wanting to buy this book for over 5 years now since Bolano mentioned it somewhere and said it was very good.
>>
>>23315511
I'm so sorry to hear that
>>
>>23313449
Uuuh now that I look at it again the price has gone from 250 SEK to 340 SEK, I'm really hoping my order goes through that I placed a few days ago since it now says there's only two more available AAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
dark book by a dark man. donoso was a man in constant fear and pain. one could say a schizoid with persecutory delusion and a terrible fear of death, magic and hell. it really shows in his books. i wish i didnt relate as much as i do to them. those are not books to enjoy
>>
Damn I had no idea other people on /lit/ would be pre-ordering this
I’m fucking excited, I’ve been waiting for this book forever. Anyone know of other Danoso books I should read after this?
>>
>>23316731
Hell Has No Limits
>>
>>23316735
Thanks
Based thread
>>
Went ahead and placed a second order just in case my earlier one for a cheaper price gets cancelled.
>>
>>23316584
Is this true? I thought he was an atheist. Never read his work but this thread got me interested
>>
>>23313424
Any epub ?
>>
>>23313424
This year is the 100th anniversary of Donoso's birth. Perfect year to read the Bird.
>>
>>23317105
he was apparently sick and in pain and took a lot of meds when he wrote this book
>>
>>23317133
You'd think the atheism wouldn't stop then but yea I just read he died of cancer and already suffered from other shit before that. I wonder if he become more agnostic as death drew closer.
>>
>>23317148
the book makes me think he was a communist (they all seem to be from those kinds of countries) so I doubt it
>>
>>23317152
Ah well, it still seems interesting but the fearing hell and magic thing caught me off guard. Thanks
>>
File: de goya.jpg (160 KB, 657x933)
160 KB
160 KB JPG
>>23317154
It's still a fantastic book. I have a hard copy I bought about 10 years ago that I've read once, fearing to read it again since it's in such a bad shape, then I noticed this one coming out a couple months ago and that it has 20 additional pages previously cut out. Will see if the translation is any good, that's the only thing I fear right now.
>>
>>23317173
Im a bit superstitious in regard to these things and idk why. I dont mind these types of books when I go in blindly and read them but hearing the author was afraid of something and the whole hell/magic angle turns me off lol. Before reading these books I mean.Still gonna read it though, like I said it sounds cool. Know a couple of friends who'd like this book too so worst case scenario I'll drop it on them.
>>
>>23317232
You do that anon, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. It's one of my favorite books even though it took me a while to get into it. Just a tip for when you read it: don't stress the details. Trust me on that one.
>>
>>23313424
EL OBSCENO PAJARO DE LA NOCHE
>>
>>23317232
wasnt saying hell in the biblical literal sense, but more in a metaphoric way. Donoso was a superstitious man that feared old women and witches (there are plenty of stories of them in the chilean folklore). theres a lot of that in the book. i agree with the other anons that it is a great piece of literature but i still think that is not a book for you to "enjoy"
>>
>book doesnt have a bird in it

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.