[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Hi. I work in a library. Since it's going to be Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month, I'm going to make a display. I would need varied books. Ones that focus on East Asian Americans (China, Japan, Korea), Southeast Asian Americans (Vietnam, Thailand, etc), another ones in South Asian Americans (Desi or Sri Lankan), Central Asia, and also the Pacific Islander-Americans (definitely Hawaii and American Samoa, as well as another ones). Any suggestions whatsoever?
>>
>>23318097
Celeste Ng - Our Missing Hearts
>>
American Born Chinese by Gene Yang
>>
>>23318097
Noli Me Tangere and it's sequel El Filibusterismo by Jose Rizal.

They're alright but hold a lot of historical significance as part of the Philippine Independence movement
>>
Where the Waters Turn Black and To Dream and Die as a Taniwha Girl by Benedict Patrick
>>
Nick Joaquin is Kino as fuck.
>>
Filipino-American history is the Asian-American history most intertwined with America's; Filipinos were the first Asians in America, with Filipinos landing in Morro Bay California aboard Spanish ships, ironically the name of California, meaning female Caliph came true when the Bruneian wife of Rajah Muhammad Zahir al-Din of Manila who converted to Christianity from Islam who had Caliphal blood herself, went by California on their way to their exile to Mexico, Filipinos were in the American-British War of 1812 wherein Manilamen participated in the Batttle of New Orleans in Louisiana, then the Philippines became America's only colony in Asia after the massacre of the Philippine-American War wherein America destroyed a Republic which based itself on the American Revolution, the First Philippine Republic (The Unfortunate Fact), then the Philippines became an American territory invaded by Japan in World War 2 as the Battle of Manila was the only Urban Theatre of Conflict in the entire Pacific War likewise the Battle of Leyte Gulf was the Largest Naval Battle ever by Gross Tonnage Sunk. Millions of Filipinos died for America in the British-American War of 1812, Philippine-American War, World War 2, Korean and Vietnam Wars. But America gives more broadcast and attention to its' butchers like the Japanese or the Chinese than the Filipinos, how sad.
>>
>>23318097
The Stench of Honolulu
>>
>>23318759
The Mass of St. Sylvester by Nick Joaquin made me cry over the forever lost city of Intramuros, Manila, both bombed by the Japanese and Americans. The Japanese claimed they were freeing Filipinos from American colonialism by raping and murdering the people of Intramuros, the Americans were claiming they were saving Filipinos from Japanese raping and murdering by bombing the priceless architectural treasure that was Intramuros. Out of the thousands of Medieval churches, castles, and etc. found in Intramuros before the war, only the Church of San Agustin wasn't bombed.

Here's A TBF-1 Avenger dropping a bomb over Manila.

Why the fuck did America ever drop a bomb over her own city? The Philippines was an American territory at that time. YET America made sure to preserve the integrity of Paris by applying the "Europe First" Priority during World War 2. Yet Germany and Italy never attacked America, however Japan directly invaded Manila and bombed Pearl Harbor, nevertheless America ran to save Europe, "Europe First" while American citizens in the Philippines were butchered by the Japanese; and America herself bombed an American city, Manila, whereas she took pains to preserve Rome and Berlin from destruction.

Hypocrites...
>>
OP here

thanks so much for the recs

def want to put Filipino-American. There's more South Koreans in my area but Filipino history is def a must. I also want to add more of Hawaii and American Samoa, as well as other pacific territories as it's important to showcase them

would love some Desi-American stuff too if anyone has any good recs !
>>
>>23318939
I'm the Flip who kept seething kek. Asides from Flip literature, Korean and Vietnamese literature is also very very close to American. The Korean War and Vietnam Wars were direct American interventions in their countries.
>>
Josh Luna is peak funny Filipino Literature! Lul!
>>
Konichiwa Dude!
>>
>>23318097
Fuk Yuu.
>>
>>23318097
docile and tight
>>
File: c06.png (262 KB, 467x467)
262 KB
262 KB PNG
>>23319082
>>
>>23319072
If that happened to me I’d shave my head, wear saffron robes, and go meditate on a mountaintop because obviously one can’t please everyone
>>
>>23318097
Read anons book.
>>
>>23319069
Luna snagged a white girl and completely chilled out
>>
>>23318097
filepenis will become the new aryan of the future when the whites are extinct, when pajeets are the majority
>>
Tao Lin
>>
File: dfv.jpg (45 KB, 350x531)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>23318097
EVERYONE ITT IS SENTENCED TO READ 700 PAGES OF ASIAN DIASPORA LITERATURE WRITTEN BY A 20 SOMETHING FEMALE WHO GREW UP IN THE WEST AND DOESN'T EVEN SPEAK KOREAN/CHINESE/JAPANESE/TAGALOG/ETC

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.