[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1713972010241507.jpg (69 KB, 720x677)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
How do we reconcile David praying for the destruction of his enemies with Jesus commanding to love and pray for your enemies in a positive manner?
>>
>>23321427
The Bible is a collection of texts with varying degrees of truth
>>
>>23321427
>>23321453
How do I cope with being the only Christian in my family? I fear that trying to get them to convert might just push them further away. They don't really want to talk theology but I think there's nothing better that can be talked about.
I'm literally that meme of the Christian who has anxiety and feels massive pressure over getting his family to convert and I feel like it's my responsibility to help them find God. Wat do?
>>
>>23321427
By understanding what antitypes are. I don't get how people who at least pretend to be into literature don't know what those are and how they relate to the Bible.
>>
File: 1688959073556685.png (49 KB, 722x662)
49 KB
49 KB PNG
>>23321427
Jesus brought the new law - the new testament. Similar thing for divorce.
>>
>>23321427
David was a faggot sinful loser and is punished for it
>>
>>23321657
Go to church and openly invite your family to join you, and never rescind the invitation.
>>
because the Bible is gibberish. haven't you figured that out yet? faith-based religion is a distraction from spiritual truth, which revolves around your personal connection with the infinite
>>
>>23322439
The Bible has that, though; a relationship with the Holy Spirit and Christ. Believing in "spiritual truth" requires faith. Pure reason can't get you the "infinite" or God. That comes through revealed theology which is why we have the Bible. If you somehow managed to find Truth without the Bible, it's thanks to the grace of the Holy Spirit.
>>
>>23322439
The problem with this is at best it leads to you concluding that smoking pot and being vaguely 'nice' is what the infinite wants from you and at worst leads to polyamory and heroin and who knows what else.
>>
>>23321427
To All Anons: YOU MUST READ THE BIBLE FOR YOURSELVES! Please, do yourselves one of the greatest favors you can possibly do. Read it for yourself.

Now OP, go and read Isaiah 53, I believe it is. If not, it is one of the Messianic chapters of Isaiah near to it—certainly post 50. You'll see that God promises Israel that once the Messiah comes, he will no longer be angry with Man. Do you know why that is? It is because the blood of Jesus Christ, the final propitiary Lamb, was spilled for all our sins and God's wrath is fulfilled on Christ showering the whole Earth with mercy as never before and providing us a door to the bosom of the Father through Him. The wrath of God was against those pagan societies before the blood of Christ was shed. Yet God still found displeasure in the shedding of blood did He not? It was the very prohibitant to David's building the Temple! The Word tells us God desires mercy more than sacrifice, and yet He commanded sacrifice, did He not? One and the same God sent Christ to die for our sins and yet will still pour out the Bowls of Wrath upon the Earth in the last days. God's throne is Holy. It is founded on Righteousness and Justice. Christ is the perfect representation of the Father, the very same Messiah who told us to turn the other cheek and did not even open His mouth in defense of Himself, and yet did He not say it would be better for those who lead children astray to suicide rather than do so? Did He not heal all the sick and deliver the demoniacs, and yet He gave the disciples authority to condemn entire cities by the shaking of the dust from their feet. The God of the Tanakh and the God of the New Testament of Jesus Christ are one and the same. He is love AND He is righteousness. He is a God of order. David was a prototype of the Messiah, as was Joseph, I believe.

In any case, I am a layman and a nobody, save in Christ. Do not take my word for truth, but read the Word of God yourself and seek God in prayer.

>>23321657
You must get so close to God that you are saturated with His presence. Spontaneity of miracles takes place then; whether you know it or not, the greater the Spirit of God rests upon you, the easier warfare becomes on their behalf. Pray for them, fast even if you have the heart for it, but just follow the Holy Spirit's leading in this matter and talk to them as God gives a window. "As many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are sons of God."
>>
>>23321427
you reconcile it becuase jesus is unconditional love and he got stabbed in the fucking ribs so david could be forgiven.
>>
>>23321427
>>23322768
Oh, and I forgot to explain the praying for your enemies and blessing your enemies part.

You see, in the Old Testament, before Messiah Jesus fulfilled His role as Redeemer, the Levites were priests among priests, in a sense. Among all human beings, the Jewish people are the Priestly caste of God. To them came the revelation of Him, of the Temple, and of the coming of Christ, etc.,. From them came Christ and the early Church, thus the redemption of all gentiles who will ever be saved. But the plans of God are superlative to this. Christ became High Priest to all Man and our intercessor, and His blood is a perpetual intercession for those who believe in Him, His death, His atonement, His resurrection, and His impending return, however, this is not all. The Church, which is to say those aforementioned people who believe, are all likewise priests to mankind through Christ Our Lord, and now possess the ability to interceede spiritually for others. Why? Simple really. While Christ's payment for our sins may have opened the way to God's throne by rendering us holy, how can you come before the Throne of Grace unless you believe? How can you offer a prayer which would move the heart of God unless you believe? "The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective," the Word tells us. We are to be as Christ was when He was in the world, and that means we are to pray and labor for Man. The tribulation, in my opinion, is for the redemption and return of the Jews. You may think, hearing all this, God has replaced them with us. You would be very wrong. They are the first born and they have not been cut off. The Jewish people will yet save more gentiles than has heretofore been saved.
>>
>>23322768
Thank you very much, anon. Both of your replies were to me and I appreciate it. What you said made a lot of sense and I respect your humility.
>>
>>23321671
>I don't get how people who at least pretend to be into literature don't know what those are and how they relate to the Bible.
They aren't Christian. Isn't it obvious?
>>
>>23322789
You're very welcome. Anytime.
>>
>>23322784
>The Jewish people will yet save more gentiles than has heretofore been saved.
I hope that you're right, but they kind of (royally) messed up when they rejected the messiah of the Torah, so their only hope is to believe in Christ and become Christian, which wouldn't make them jews anymore besides ethnically.
>>
>>23321427
Castration.
>>
>>23322800
>they kind of royally messed up when they rejected the Messiah
Indeed. And that is why the Lord scattered them, destroyed the Temple, and chastised them just as He has done in the past, but watch the signs, Anon. As was told in Malachi, He is regarthering them. Even the trees which God removed from Israel which were common place in the time of His Beloved Son are returning (Judean Date Palm)! Read the prophetic works of the Tanakh and read the prophetic parts of the New Testament and keep watch! Christ is at the door. And if Christ is at the door, then the revelation of the sons of God among the children of Israel is near! The number which will be saved by them is beyond counting and it is from every nation tribe and people! The Lord has done this, and it will be marvelous in our eyes!

Again, no need to take my word for it. It's all there in black and white (and where Our Blessed Lord speaks, red).
>>
>>23321427
Both of them have the capability of sin within the framework of their books if you are going by that. Because David/ Jesus did something doesn’t mean that’s automatically gods axiomatic position. Jesus says only god is free of sin so you can infer this. I don’t want christoid seething.
>>
>>23322825
Godspeed, anon.
>>
>>23322833
>Jesus's words / actions / thoughts aren't automatically, intrinsically G*d's axiomatic position
most ignorant post on this board, ever. kill yourself
>Jesus says only god is free of sin
what do you think he meant by that you fucking halfwit? Christianity-commentating retards are infinitely worse than christcucks themselves. everyone would benefit if you never posted again.
>>
>>23321427
judaism is a nationalist myth meant to keep the jewish authorities in power and justify atrocities against their enemies
christianity is a religion for slaves and peasants, meant to keep the masses sedated
>>
>>23324457
such profound
>>
>>23322825
Not sure which desire is greater Jews for money or Christians for the end of the world.
>>
>>23324474
>He doesn't deny it
How suprising, I never could have seen that coming...
>>
>>23324779
I have no doubts as to your uncertainty in that matter and on countless others.
>>
>>23321795
>Jesus was present throughout the old testament, since at least Abraham
>Jesus brought something new
Why do I know your religion better than you do?
>>
>>23327027
>Why do I know your religion better than you do?
You don't.

>Jesus brought something new

John 13:34
34 I give you a new law: Have love one for another; even as I have had love for you, so are you to have love one for another. 35 By this it will be clear to all men that you are my disciples, if you have love one for another.

Hebrews 9:15

Therefore he is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, since a death has occurred that redeems them from the transgressions committed under the first covenant

>Jesus was present throughout the old testament, since at least Abraham

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
Jesus as a human being didn't existed in the old testament. Jesus was MADE flesh. Jesus IS God reincarnated.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.