[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 2786544567189jpg.jpg (64 KB, 1200x900)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
I can't believe I didn't see it before. What defines a gay man is his narcissism and narcissists are known to pigeonhole i.e. they the world as the essences that they learned in childhood.

They never move on from the fantastical world of essences and always desire what made an impression on them as kids. They see new people as only like people from the past. They can't see you or anything as what it is.

The more narcissistic the person the more blind and few are more narcissistic than gay men.

Plato is a hack.

When Nietzsche and Heidegger criticize metaphysics - this is what they mean. They are based on the fantastical and they box you into only seeing what you want to see.
>>
>>23322598
>they see the world as the essences that they learned in childhood.
>Metaphysics are based on the fantastical and they box you into only seeing what you want to see.

So there is the parents influence and the movies and advertisements you see as kids. And this forms the broader cave, but gay men being narcissistic, are stuck in it much more severely than other people.

The impression is permanent. What Plato knew about politics comes from his education in mystery schools, and some of it is guiding, but his overall philosophy is beyond primitive.
>>
>>23322598
>t. half-wit thinks he's surpassed genius
Amazing how often this occurs.
>>
>>23322598
Nietzsche is the definition of a narcissist and Heidegger became a willing Nazi

pwn3d. Forms ftw
>>
>>23322598
Yeah Nietzsche obliterated him
>>
>>23322710
Ironically, you and Nietzsche will be obliterated while Plato looks upon you and laughs from the world of forms.
>>
File: IMG_1909.jpg (869 KB, 1179x1304)
869 KB
869 KB JPG
>>23322714
Plato is dead
Nietzsche is dead
Picasso is dead
It’s just us
>>
>>23322718
First life?
>>
>>23322714
>>23322710
>>23322673
>>23322708
Metaphysics is wishful thinking.
>>
>>23323654
What a stunning rebuttal
>>
>>23323672
Only narcissists that unknowingly represent the values of a culture can truly be said to carry an unchangeable essence, and then you can indeed say that they are forms and not individuals.

Free thinking and original people - what Heidegger would define as Being - cannot be pigeonholed into the world of forms. They are completely original.
>>
>>23323681
You can't make a working basketball that's shaped like a pyramid no matter how creative you are. The context that defines the concept limits the form. The limitations can't be altered with your mind so they're external. So the circle exists external to the mind or any instance of a circle. There's no accounting for that except with a third realm.
>>
>>23324051
Quantum mechanics refutes this. Heisenberg discovered indeterminacy.
>>
>>23324110
Quantum objects aren't some kind of indeterminate in-between object, they are a different kind of state altogether that may appear under some circumstances to be "indeterminate".
>>
>>23324110
That's completely irrelevant. To even make that kind of statement you're relying on math, the thing that says a circle exists.
>>
>>23324188
>>23324213
Even with mentally dead narcissists that can't think and can't learn new things the interactions are still probabilistic. Now imagine a truly free person that cam create, learn, and discover.

The truth is human beings can be much more complex than stars, or anything in the universe, to the point were classical mechanics and even the laws of thermodynamics are completely useless in predicting human events.

Plato is completely primitive in this regard.
>>
You guys hear that they found where Plato's buried?
>>
>>23324188
>>23324213
>>23324227
All that to say that quantum mechanics rule over everything when it comes to complex human interactions. Indeterminate and probabilistic at best.
>>
>>23324227
>things have to be materialistic because it’s so heckin complicated, won’t somebody think of the poor chemicals?
>>
>>23324227
Adding quantum shit to the discussion doesn't say anything except confirm the point that we can't draw the perfect circle, as in no embodied instance of form is perfect. Old shit, not new ideas.
>>
>>23324255
To say that there is a form is already wrong.
It's already the assumption of a narcissistic brain dead person that can't think. Because all new knowledge would change the form - meaning there is no form to begin with - because new knowledge is everywhere.

>>23324248
The immaterial doesn't exist. It's a fantastical presupposition. Ideas can only exist as long a material body is learning them and as long as they're recorded in some form of material - be it a brain or a piece of paper or whatever.
>>
oh wow a philosophical concept is actually just a philosophical concept, who could have guessed, surprising
>>
>>23324233
Why would you limit it to ruling over "complex human interactions"? Quantum interactions (according to its own theory at least) rule over every interaction.

There is no set of physical interactions that stop being composed of many quantum interactions, or if there are that isn't an aspect of quantum theory.

>>23324227
>classical mechanics and even the laws of thermodynamics are completely useless in predicting human events.
And? Do you realise that QM is if anything pure vindication of the forms? That we are now to say that the most fundamental reality can only be described by abstract mathematics?

And I don't see how QM is any better than whatever you think classical mechanics and thermodynamics are at predicting men; or for that matter what humans being too complex to model has to say about forms.

>>23324266
Are fantastical presuppositions material?
>>
>>23324274
Large objects that are made of simple chemicals like stars are very easy to predict. Quantum mechanics are unnecessary in that case.

>And I don't see how QM is any better than whatever you think classical mechanics and thermodynamics are at predicting men; or for that matter what humans being too complex to model has to say about forms.

Because humans have no form. Only the most primitive do.

>Are fantastical presuppositions material?
What do you mean?
>>
>>23324298
>Are fantastical presuppositions material?
>What do you mean?
They are for whoever believes them.
>>
>>23324298
If the immaterial doesn't exist, and fantastical suppositions do exist, then they must be material. Where can I find fantastical suppositions? What are they made of? How much do they weigh?

>Large objects that are made of simple chemicals like stars are very easy to predict. Quantum mechanics are unnecessary in that case.
Is your implication that QM is necessary to predict human behaviour because it's too complex?

That's also a reductive view of QM since it ultimately underlies thermodynamics, even if that was not known explicitly in the beginning of the discipline. The thermodynamics used to predict stars (or whatever large objects you mean) is ultimately based on underlying quantum dynamics that, at large scales, one can use average values of.
>>
>>23322598
>gay men are all narcissists
This kind of attitude problem is why you don't have a husband, OP.
>>
>>23324330
>If the immaterial doesn't exist, and fantastical suppositions do exist, then they must be material. Where can I find fantastical suppositions? What are they made of? How much do they weigh?
I just said it. They live in your brain or written down in paper. Both material things.

Lies are material even if they're not true. Whole books are written that are filled with lies.

>That's also a reductive view of QM since it ultimately underlies thermodynamics, even if that was not known explicitly in the beginning of the discipline. The thermodynamics used to predict stars (or whatever large objects you mean) is ultimately based on underlying quantum dynamics that, at large scales, one can use average values of.

No. Classical and Quantum mechanics contradict each other.
>>
>>23324266
>Because all new knowledge would change the form
Your idea of "knowledge" is a product of the delusional narcissism you're projecting.
What "knowledge" changes the nature of a circle?
>>
>>23324344
>No. Classical and Quantum mechanics contradict each other.
Everything you say about any subject is wrong on multiple levels.
>>
>>23324355
Who ever said human beings were circles? You're not understanding. Simple things are predictable but complex things are not.

>>23324359
Classical mechanics are able to predict large inanimate objects. There the rules make sense. Quantum mechanics attempt to predict the unpredictable.
>>
>>23324344
They obviously do not contradict each other *on macroscopic scales* since, as I already said, the predictions of classical models can be derived from the underlying quantum description. If you explain what you mean in more detail that would be helpful, but I don't agree with that at all how it's stated.

>They live in your brain or written down in paper
Where in the brain and where on paper? What are the physical properties of ideas? Can you give any kind of coherent physical description of them other than "probably located wherever I can see only the most obvious signs of their existence like writing and synapses"?

>>23324370
>Classical mechanics are able to predict large inanimate objects. There the rules make sense. Quantum mechanics attempt to predict the unpredictable.
This is just silly. You sound like you're regurgitating the script to an action movie.
>>
>>23324379
>Where in the brain and where on paper? What are the physical properties of ideas? Can you give any kind of coherent physical description of them other than "probably located wherever I can see only the most obvious signs of their existence like writing and synapses"?
In the Hippocampus. That's a material thing.

>This is just silly. You sound like you're regurgitating the script to an action movie.

It's not my fault you're stupid. Blame your mother.
>>
>>23324344
If you can account for gravity and the double slit experiment using the same math you've "unified le models". That we can't do that completely yet doesn't mean apples falling "contradict" quantum mechanics.
>>23324370
You're not understanding anything you're yapping about. You brought up forms. Circles show the existence of fucking forms.
>There the rules make sense. Quantum mechanics attempt to predict the unpredictable.
Why do you just say random incoherent shit based on nothing? When trying to explain or clarify to yourself what you're saying about a subject you know nothing about it's not a good idea to start appealing to other subjects you know nothing about. The nonsensical mental model becomes exponentially dumber and more incoherent each time you add a component you don't understand on a surface level.
>>
>>23324400
You're having a little tantrum? You fucking faggot.

Get over yourself. Humans have no form because humans can shape shift. Plato had
different faces. He was just a hypocritical faggot and I see right through him.

Socrates did indeed corrupt the youth but Plato is perhaps more to blame. He should've been executed too.
>>
File: blackcat.jpg (18 KB, 445x427)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>23324388
(I see you dropped paper for some reason)
If the physical properties of an idea are that it is located in hippocampus, then two people, having two different hippocampuses located in two different spaces, surely cannot think of the same thing. Unless you actually meant there are a bunch of other physical properties of ideas that you can't tell me for some reason.

Nice avoiding the actual rebuttal to your inane understanding of physics. Read more Aristotle and JS Bell, find a lecture course online for QM it will help you immensely. I recommend you learn some basic linear algebra and differential calculus first.
>>
>>23324411
>If the physical properties of an idea are that it is located in hippocampus, then two people, having two different hippocampuses located in two different spaces, surely cannot think of the same thing.
If they believe in the same authority they will absolutely think the same thing.
>>
>>23324410
>>
>>23324416
But how is it the same idea? What property of the idea is the same between the two people? Belief in the same authority, whatever that is, is another idea so it's hardly satisfactory as what can distinguish or identify other ideas.
>>
>>23324422
The authority is the one that planted whatever idea it was. And of course the ideas that authority likes are the ones that are unhelpful to the individual.

1. Narcissist
2. I want to be a good boy to please mommy
3. Authority: Plato is the most respected philosopher
4. I read Plato and believe him.
>>
>>23324420
Is that your dad?
>>
>>23322598
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQCU36pkH7c
>>
>>23324432
I see, and ideas that are more helpful to the individual are psychosexual fixation on your parents and failing to understand physics?
>>
>>23324410
>Humans have no form because humans can shape shift.
According to the idea which you're referencing but never even glanced at each instance is imperfect and the variations in the real instanced men/circles are products of those imperfections.
We now know when it comes to biology evolution works in bursts to approach stable plateaus known as "evolutionarily stable strategies". The stable forms roughly correlate with what we see as species but not entirely, both wolves and dingos independently approach the same form / stable strategy.
Humans are in the middle of rapid development with no real stable form to fall back on, the closest thing is probably some hunter gatherer. We're approaching a form that's never been seen and we don't know what looks like.
>>
>>23324445
You tell me.

>>23324446
Faggots and trannies are not seem in nature like they're seen with us. We are somewhat artificial already.
>>
>>23324466
What's already in nature is not relevant. If trannies serve some useful role the form of that role existed before any instance.
If we continue the context given by life without consciously altering it we will make AI that converts all matter into information storage and processing. The form of that AI has always existed but now we're seeing its shape peeking over the horizon.
>>
>>23322598
Not literature.
>>
>>23324574
Analysis without spirit is the Edge. The only magical thing in this space is being. Information without spirit contained therein is just void.
"If a tree falls and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?" Etc
>>
>>23324574
>>23324611
Which one of you is gay?
>>
no, you don't understand
ideas are what's really real
not what's real, that's not actually real
and that's why philosophers need to be kings
I have a golden soul
so make me your king!
>>
>>23324685
I'm gay
I've been fucking your dad for years
>>
>>23324722
I am le gay! My soul glows like the stars!

>>23324736
So you're old as fuck too?
>>
>>23322673
Many such cases!
>>
>>23324722
A shadow can't carry a person so a king has to be able to touch the throne instead of its shadow.
>>
>>23324574
The role of trannies is sex. They exist because people will sometimes have sex with them
>>
>>23324941
Or sometimes there is no role. What's the role of cancer?

All those Greek stoics believed everything to be perfect and everything according to 'nature' but were retarded. Plato included.

Nothing is according to anything. Mature is imperfect am indeterminate at best - brutal and sadistic at worst.
>>
>>23325013
>What's the role of cancer?
Culling can be productive or if it's not but still unavoidable we can adapt to make it productive. Trannys may just be culling themselves as failed branches.
It doesn't matter if almost all reality is completely chaotic nonsense. We still have islands of stability like the circle exemplifies and we can build reliable, predictable environments using those islands.
>>
>>23322598
You've described one of my friends perfectly. He was a Platonist, narcissistic and autogynephilic.
>>
>>23322598
Nah pigeonholing is an autistic phenomenon and those that link it with homosexuality are making huge projections on their own merits
>>
>>23325079
Isn't pigeonholing illegal due to how it harms the pigeons? I can't imagine they're meant to be penetrated like that
>>23325077
Your "friend"
>>
>>23325077
>autogynephilic
Wagner was like that. He used to dress himself as a woman while composing.

They can't let go of their mothers, there's something sinister there.
>>
>>23325100
The connection with Plato is there through Schopenhauer.
>>
>>23324941
>The role of trannies is sex
And being code monkeys. All lot of them are into compsci.
>>
>>23322598
>theory of forms

LOOK lel up the etymologies of EIDOS and APODEXIS. It's not as eggheads would have it appear. It is about establishing certainty against sophistry, skepticism, base empircism et. al. Once you do that you can Oblige the unwilling (and un-Thinking).
>>
>>23325352
>>23325511
>>23325610
There is no reason. All these philosophers that follow the Platonic tradition are obsessed with finding a reason for things when there is none.

Things are the way the are because of immoral moralizers that sought to oppress the people. Jesus, Confucius, Buddha all had the interest of a small group of people and used their philosophies as violence against those people.

Jesus was a Jew and Confucius and Buddha were upper class aristocrats. It was in all their interest to poison the people with morality.

Nietzsche gets this spot on.
>>
>>23325683
>Jesus, Confucius, Buddha all had the interest of a small group of people and used their philosophies as violence against the other.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.