[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Why did he sell out right before he died? What the hell is the point of tarnishing your legacy to please some leftist freaks for the last 2 minutes before you die?
>>
>>23323560
He had always been a judeo-satanic freak. Just look at his hollow evil face.
>>
>>23323560
Go back to pol retard
>>
>>23323560
I don’t even know what you’re referring to
>>
>>23323560
They’re paid money to do this or face jail time
>>
>>23323560
he wanted dat nobel prize
>>
>>23323584
You know, now that you mention it his work is pretty fucking Demonic. God damn Harold Bloom sent me on a 3 year detour into Freudianism and Agnosticism (atheism). Will I ever recover?
>>
My theory is that he’s always tried to use his fiction to do something like paint pictures of symbols that connect the modern human experience to the subconscious. He seems to think the subconscious lurks beneath everything in life and the world and history and all tendencies and revelations are the result of subconscious drives. He seems to think this is an extremely profound thought. So I think with his last books he just wanted to talk about something relevant to the 21st century since these sort of things are no doubt going to be questioned by people for the next hundred years at least. For this guy, even skepticism regarding one’s own gender and identity is the result of a subsconscious drive and he just thought it was really high brow to try to illustrate that in a book. That’s all.

To be honest, I really lost interest in this author once I realized his thoughts on materialism and subconscious. It robbed me of any suspicion I had that there’s something deeper and more substantive with him.
>>
>>23323650
I mean, Bloom was a total pseud and a terrible writer so just spend more time with Classical philosophy. Read Plato, Aristotle, the Church Fathers, all of the pre-moderns. If you read enough classical philosophy (and I guess possibly some mathematics as well but I don’t think it’s essential) the only sound conclusion you can come to is the realization that some some sort of Christianity is literally true. Every other philosophy is built on a pile of contradictions and delusions.
>>
>>23323560
Your brain is broken, and no amount of chud whinging will convince me otherwise
>>
>>23323658
Bloom was NOT a pseud, that is way too far. He was relatively brilliant. Far smarter than me, that's why I fell for him. Of course he was just a nice rendering of Freud that weaved through Whitman, Shakespeare and mystical Judaism.

Same with Cormac McCarthy (hence the love affair): a Freudian.

Lots and lots or intelligent people fall for Freud, because Freud is the predominant secular explanation of the soul, which it turns out, everyone is aware of.

It really does all go back to one question: will man acknowledge his Creator or not.

Freud, Bloom and McCarthy did not, so their work relies on psychanalytic notions of consciousness and gets extremely lost in relativism and the drive for fame and reputation (the same way every secular academic is ultimately driven by a personal career/reputation, hence why there is so much nonsense at the university nowadays)
>>
>>23323650
There's indeed something demonic about his work but I don't know how to describe it. It gives me the creeps.
>>
>>23323705
Go fuck your pastor lol
>>
>>23323705
He may have been an actual Satanist, that would not surprise me at all. All of his books have a Devil in their universe, but none of them have God.
>>
>>23323560
AHHHH THE ETERNAL FLAMES OF THE HELL MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!1
>>
>>23323560
>Why did he sell out right before he died? What the hell is the point of tarnishing your legacy to please some leftist freaks for the last 2 minutes before you die?
What did he do?
>>
>>23323758
>he doesn't know
come on now
>>
Is phrenology real? The guy has such an evil face. I don't even want to read his books.
Why does nobody talk about this? This is beyond just getting old.
Its like the emperor has no clothes. Am I missing something by mentioning the obvious? If I had to imagine a Lich it would look like him
>>
>>23323560
>>23323584
White liberal males are house trained slaves who yearn for head pats from their woke neoliberal Jewish masters. They are weak, traitorous, and will betray
everything they believe in an atomic level just to be "on the right side of history".
>>
>>23323838
This isnt the right board for you pal.
>>
>>23323880
uh youre chinese
>>
>>23323823
Is it about the tranny thing?
>>
>>23323826
>Is phrenology real? The guy has such an evil face.
100%. Very hollow look, like a ghoul.
>>
>>23323880
When we win, we're going to throw every nigger into the molten depths of Mount Nyiragongo and make a giant nigger stew.
>>
>>23323921
You think Nikki will really do that?
>>
>>23323921
You have allowed yourself to stoop low, congratulations on your descent to Satan.
>>
>>23323658
>Church fathers
>Somehow not delusional
???

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.