[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1690528104405030.jpg (491 KB, 2270x1702)
491 KB
491 KB JPG
What's the worst book you have ever read? For me, it's Blood Meridian. Makes me nauseous just remembering that prose...
>>
THAT is the WORST book you read? how many books have you read?
>>
File: file.png (399 KB, 331x550)
399 KB
399 KB PNG
>>23324117
BM is awesome and you're a huge faggot.

btw, this book was a piece of shit. Explain yourself frenchbros
>>
File: 31148709232.jpg (355 KB, 986x1951)
355 KB
355 KB JPG
You know what I'm owning it. Yes I've read this book and it was by far the most poorly written, disjointed, stupid mess of a text that I ever subjected myself to. The author must be banned from composing an email let alone a novel and he surely bribed or threatened someone to have this published
>>
File: 1700515534529048.jpg (57 KB, 944x494)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>23324122
I've read 92, since I started tracking them in January of last year.

>He ate the last of the eggs and wiped the plate with the tortilla and ate the tortilla and drank the last of the coffee and wiped his mouth and looked up and thanked her.

Tell me this doesn't look like a /lit/ shitpost.
>>
>>23324208
>>He ate the last of the eggs and wiped the plate with the tortilla and ate the tortilla and drank the last of the coffee and wiped his mouth and looked up and thanked her.
That's not in Blood Meridian

>Tell me this doesn't look like a /lit/ shitpost.
You literally pulled it from a lit post two days ago
>>
>>23324217
OP BTFO. Blood Meridian is still shit though. Stupid gimmick satanist, punctuation was made to be used.
>>
I always finish really bad movies because it's just 2 hours. I've never finished a bad book, I'm not reading some shit for 10 hour.
>>
>>23324117
L'Etranger
>>
Atlas Shrugged when she finally meets the guy running the show, it was about three pages into his monologue that I just said "fuck this shit" and returned it to the library. The only book that I have never finished, I don't even disagree with Rand, but what a terrible setup.
>>
>>23324242
kys christcuck
>>
File: 1690463220456010.jpg (129 KB, 1312x1538)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
>>23324217
Still from McCarthy. Illustrates my point. I pulled it from an article posted on a /lit/ thread, not from a /lit/ post. Notice how you don't approach the point: you know deep down that McCarthy is a shit writer. I mean, just look at pic related. LOL.
>>
Three Body Problem. There's four time skips in the first three chapters (which go back and forth describing the main character's life) and when we finally get to the story's hook, she decides to leave the room and wait outside while the big cool thing happens offscreen. Never taking book recs from my dad ever again
>>
>>23324361
What's wrong with it?
>>
>>23324117
It's Only the End of the World by Jean-Luc Lagarce. It's a theater piece but we had to read it in France for the finale exam. It was horrendous.

The book is a auto-fiction of the author who is dying of AIDS and is struggling to tell his family about it. It is completely neurotic and unreadable due to the repletion of the dialog. Every single character has echolalia and we had to analyze it over and over again in class like it was one of the greatest works of arts ever written. French literally education system is broken beyond belief.
>>
>>23324381
Wow, your dad has good taste.
>>
>>23324361
There is absolutely nothing wrong with pic, and in its context it works beautifully.

>you know deep down that McCarthy is a shit writer
>LOL
You have about as much self-awareness as Cullen or one of the nameless in Glanton's gang. Deep down you know you're a brainlet.
>>
>>23324382
If you even have to ask, I feel sorry for you.
>>
>>23324361
Ok, that's some wooden dialogue.
How does the plot compare to, say Justine By de Sade?
>>
>>23324117
If you think that is bad... Just wait until you read something by Henry James he has the worst prose ever put to paper. It's like he sat down and asked himself "Whats the most tedious way I could possibly write this scene?" and then did it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.