[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>The philosopher for teenage edge lords and neo-nazis.

Why? What happened?
>>
>>23327125
>What happened?
Protestant Revolt
>>
>>23327128
?
>>
It’s mainly his anti-Christianity and grecophilia. They come across as juvenile and poison his would-be better ideas. You can’t really build a coherent philosophy by self hating your culture and its religion, projecting an ideal on the Greeks, and evading basic logic and epistemology. So in the end, the whole thing is nothing more than a juvenile rant.
>>
>>23327128
Are you just saying shit for no reason or is there an actual connection between division Catholicism and Protestantism?

I want to know why every edge lord teenage boy is first introduced to Nietzsche before any other philosopher?
>>
>>23327133
>evading basic logic and epistemology
lol shut up
>>
>>23327133
This actually makes sense.

what are your credentials? Are you a turbo wizard neetfag or someone who is successful in education/career?
>>
>>23327145
Protestantism produced Nietzsche. It is an answer to a question that you apparently weren't asking.

Nietzsche's prominence comes from his iconoclasm and non-systematic and therefore approachable writing.
>>
>>23327125
I thought those people hated N on account of him not being a christkanger. You're ten plus years behind what is currently edgy for 13-30 year-old surplus males.
>>
>>23327125
fuckall is now the darling of humanities departments but fuckall just cribbed off neetcheese so...
>>
>>23327133
>You can’t really build a coherent philosophy by self hating your culture and its religion
Where did Christianity come from? In a way you are agreeing with Nietzsche but too much of an apologist for the anti-religion of self-hate and culture-destruction
>>
>>23327125
>>23327133
Nietzsche denies the validation of any given moral. For him, moral is just a question of taste.
In the philosophy of Nietzsche, the taste of some people are better than those of other people. And Nietzsche just toke the biologistic, social darwinistic, eugenic Zeitgeist of the 19. Ct. for granded.

For this reasons, he is attractive for a certain group of people. Which include edge lords and, yes, right-wing extremists.

Does that mean Nietzsche himself was kind of this group?
I don't think so. We has to recognise that Nietzsche lifes in the timeframe of 1844 untill 1900 and this works has often, mostly personal meaning.

Nietzsche will be known as a great critic of both, atheism and the common conception of moral. The left will try to cancel him and, I believe, faile.
Why? Because Nietzsches philosophy can not be reduced to some political program or the feeling of life of a "problematic" group.
>>
>>23327125
His writing style is attractive for edgy teenagers.
I have seen plenty of edgy atheists completely misunderstanding his points.

I once used his argument on the issue of morality without a belief in God on /his/. And they got really mad at me. So, for /his/ edgelords, Nietzsche would be a Christian apologist
>>
>>23327161
I’m an academic but not in philosophy. I just read a lot and read a lot of Nietzsche when I was younger before eventually moving on.
>>
>>23327180
Not self hatred. That would just be a lie.
>>
>>23327147
> *evades grappling with the indisputable fact that Nietzsche evaded logical justification and justifying epistemological claims*
>>
>>23327297
Why were the pre-Christian religions and value systems all destroyed for the sake of a foreign prophecy?
>>
>>23327125
Too much gooning
>>
File: 1701038494987623.jpg (346 KB, 682x1080)
346 KB
346 KB JPG
what's the issue with "edge lords" and neonazism? how does this affect you personally?
>>
>>23327125
He was both a biological determinist and a globalist, that's why. Basically the Devil according to all world religions.
>>
>>23327125
Daddy issues mostly.
Only, since he didn't have a father figure in his life, he defaulted to hating God.
G.K Chesterton was correct in his estimation of Mr. Moustache.
>>
>>23327125
This is just what butthurt religion and moralfags say. But Nietzsche was correct about many things and he’s the philosopher of the age.
>>
>>23327161
not sure who this >>23327294 joker is, but that wasn't me.
anyways, i'm almost done with the sophomore year of my political science degree, and i'm minoring in the venezuelan feminist movement. so, basically, i know what i'm talking about.
also im trans btw.
>>
>>23327125
Jordan Peterson, that's it. His ideas are easy to explain and to market to the disenfranchised youth.
>>
>>23327208
The left loves Nietzsche. He is huge in queer theory and the idea that "being differently abled," or "neuroatypical" isn't worse, or being somehow defective, but rather just different. Trans like him too for this reason.

There are two big groups that like Nietzsche. You tend to see the right wing /pol/ BAP types more here just because of the userbase. Go other places and you will find a lot of radical lefties who love Nietzsche. Where he doesn't have support is more so in the more centrist, elite groups where he probably would have preferred to have been liked. They tend to be more Plato, Aristotle, Augustine, etc.
>>
>>23327208
If morality is just arbitrary taste then it is impossible for anyone to be wrong about what is good or bad. If this is the case, then it makes absolutely no sense to write a philosophy book. Everyone is already always right about what is good (for them). Plato already realized this absurdity whole dabbing on Protagoras in the Theatetus.

Plus, it's clearly not true. If we were always right about what was good we would never make any bad choices, since whatever we preferred would be good. But every human being has, by their own admission, made plenty of bad choices. Hence, "good" needs to mean something more than "I like it." For example, buying some shit coin right before it shits the bed is not "good for you," despite it appearing to be good when you buy the coin.
>>
>>23327125
The basis of his work on morality boils down to, npcs follow public mores and morality because they are told to, ubermensch super dudes construct and follow morality on their own terms and apply critical thinking, often the latter are the people who define the rules that npcs follow, so forth and so on. The lesson being that following or disobeying these morals isn't what defines ubermensch and npcs its whether you actually think about and understand than accept these morals once you fully comprehend it that defines ubermensch and untermensch. to the teenage edgelords they misunderstand the first half and think what defines sheeples and gigachads is being a none-conformist social darwinist and to reactionaries take his conclusion of the established moral standard being absolute to its logical extremes. Left wing people also misunderstand his critiques of morality as a stance of liberalism and re-establishing a new morality system in reality their difficult questions posed to help one fully understand the morals that we have exist for a good fucking reason.
>>
>>23327125
No teenager read Nietzsche
>>
File: 8c7.png (60 KB, 600x600)
60 KB
60 KB PNG
>>23327125
>>
File: Ejb3sI9U4AEH8wJ.png (474 KB, 590x441)
474 KB
474 KB PNG
>>23327125
As opposed to?
>>
>>23327253
Nietzsche is unironically one of the most important Christian philosophers of the modern era.

Nietzsche is popular with edgelords for the same reason he's popular generally - he writes well. Also, he was an edgelord, and would frequently say things in an exaggerated way to court controversy and get attention. He's not a systematic philosopher so he can be adopted by anyone, left right or indifferent, but regardless of content he makes you seem a little dangerous to everyone, because he's said something to annoy everyone.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.