[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Boys likes Mazinkaiser
Men likes Mazinger Z
but only giga chads loves Great Mazinger
>>
THUNDAAAAAAA BRAAAAAK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrGaL_xTCxU
>>
>>22561702
Coming out the gate swinging with that competitive inferiority complex
>>
>>22561718
ironic
>>
File: Great sad.jpg (276 KB, 1920x1080)
276 KB
276 KB JPG
>>22561702
Excited to finally get to it, Great is my favourite although I'm not exactly sure why. Z is quite endearing, Kaiser's appreciable although just cool enough to not count as tryhard, Great is just... well, great
I think the fact that it keeps getting shafted was a large part of it
>>
>>22561702
But I like all three of them (along with Emperor G and Grendizer too). Still Tetsuya & Great should get a remake of his original anime like Z & Soon Grendizer will be getting.
>>
What does everyone like about the Great and Tetsuya?
>>
>>22561974
>What does everyone like about the Great and Tetsuya?
>Tetsuya
I like how close yet different he is from Kouji. Tetsuya is more serious than Kouji yet still is into wacky things like martial arts movies, he's a trained pilot before the series even starts whereas Kouij had to get training from Sayaka to pilot Z right, and despite being the hero type, he still has a massive inferiority complex about being not blood related to Kenzo.
>Great
What's there not to like about it? It's got cool swords, THUNDER BREAK, built-in flight, and basically just a more sleek version of Z design (which I already liked).
>>
File: IRL Great Mazinger.jpg (569 KB, 1536x2048)
569 KB
569 KB JPG
https://twitter.com/Dynamicpro_info/status/1775399360907649482
>>
Luigi Mazinger
>>
>>22562217
megaman zero mazinger*
>>
>>22561974
OG MZ is essentially a guy in a suit, and that's exactly what makes him great. He fights closer to ultraman than a proper robot.
GM is a proper Super Robot doing crazy lighting shit and pulling a sword out of his ass.
>>
>>22562249
So the Luigi of Mega Man X
>>
>>22561702
Great > Zero > Kaiser > Grendizer > Z > Great Kaiser > Emperor G > SKL
>>
>>22561702
those thighs goddamn
>>
File: mazinzensyo-0002.jpg (509 KB, 1713x1500)
509 KB
509 KB JPG
>>22562467
Not only you missed, like, 12 more Mazins at least (not counting redesigns akin to Infinity), but also you got shit taste, aside from the placing of Great that I can respect.
>>
>>22562217
>>22562249
>>22562388
Mazinger Rider 2
>>
>>22562595
literally no one cares about any of those besides kaiser

>b-but
no
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0GTHpX0uKc
Thread the/m/e
>>
>>22562753
>kaiser cope
anon, nobody fucking cares about mazinger stuff outside of it's fans, lmao
If you care about kaiser but not about USA you are 100% a shin secondary that knows nothing of the franchise or nagai, and likelly thinks crybaby was good.
Reminder the men himself is a mangaka first.
>>
>>22562753
If by no one cares you mean that eops and srw newfags don't care, you're completely right.
>>
>>22562595
>hurr durr
Z Mazinger and Mazinsaga aren't translated.
Mazinger USA is shit.
god is alright, even the anime. But it's certainly the least cool Mazinger
>>
>>22562773
I'm completely right regardless. You don't give a shit about them either, you're just bringing them up to lord over another anon that you can name more things than he can
>>
>>22562881
>>22562914
what driving force posses people like this to try to shut down all conversation of things they don't personally know about.
>>
>>22562960
>anon: "I like these things"
>other anon "LMAO LOSER YOU FORGOT ABOUT THESE OBSCURE THINGS EVEN MOST OF /m/ HASN'T ENGAGED WITH HOW'S IT FEEL KNOWING YOU'RE A BRAINLET"
I find this type of behavior so repugnant that even as a third party I cannot let it go unchecked
>>
>>22562966
is just 2 anons arguing who has the bigger cock.
Why this turned into "NOBODY CARES ABOUT THE MANGA" is what makes zero fucking sense to me, your entitled ass dissolves the moment someone starts showing how little you know, and how little you care.
>>
File: Hero of the Skies.webm (2.59 MB, 646x480)
2.59 MB
2.59 MB WEBM
https://files.catbox.moe/xu3t2n.mp4
>>
File: file.png (1.13 MB, 1000x827)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB PNG
>>22562966
It's just 1 anon who wrote his opinion and an autist who cried because someone didn't mention the obscure Mazingers.
He probably didn't even hear of Big Daitan, Nagai's most obscure robot.
>>
File: Great Kaiser.jpg (104 KB, 1000x667)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
Thoughts on Great Mazinkaiser?

I call it Great Kaiser for short.
>>
>>22562881
>Z Mazinger and Mazinsaga aren't translated.
They aren't fully translated in English specifically. You can always skim through raws and read summaries, if not learn Japanese or at least Italian though. One could learn about MazinSaga through that one old MegaDrive game.
There are other Mazins that weren't in the pic too and known in English community anyway. like Energer Z or Grendizer Giga or Jim Mazinger.
>Mazinger USA is shit.
It's decent, when you get over the fact that it's just a short oneshot. You can see how it was inspired by God Mazinger, as well as leading the way to MazinSaga and eventually Mazinkaiser. Not to mention that the mech itself is really cool.
Speaking of, design is a pretty important part too and can be judged without any additional knowledge.
>>22562914
I give a shit about them and in general is pretty passionate about many things from Dynamic Pro. Hell, on a hobbyist board like /m/ I'd expect people like me instead of downers trying to disregard things that aren't interesting to them.
>>22563111
It was in Mazinger Angels, so it can't be that obscure.
>>
File: Tetsuya recovery 2.jpg (389 KB, 850x1200)
389 KB
389 KB JPG
Dothe Great's wings retract into a backpack, or does the whole thing (somehow) disappear completely into his back?
>>22562109
>he's a trained pilot before the series even starts
I know "combat professional" is a bit of a meme, but it's honestly really cool
>>22562370
I didn't look at it this way, was too enthralled by Z's powers to consider it a toku suit.
>>
>>22563111
>Nagai's most obscure robot.
>>
>>22563264
>weren't in the pic too
Energer Z is the early design of Z, it's not canon outside the 2008 anime which appeared as a homage.
>Giga
because it was made like 2 decades after that image
>Jim Mazinger
not even a robot
>>
>>22563893
>Energer Z is not canon outside of canon where it's canon
But Kaiser, SKL, Zero, Great Kaiser and Emperor G are canon? Huh.
I mean, if you wanna talk stuff like the original God Mazinger or Dai Mazingers I'm all for it too.
>because it was made like 2 decades after that image
That image clearly wasn't exhaustive, which was indicated in text.
>not even a robot
Still a-Mazin.
>>
>>22563636
You’ve got me there, I haven’t even seen or heard this one yet. Those wings more resemble devilman’s from the 72 anime than the jet scrander
>>
>>22561702
Tell me, what is so great about this particular Mazinger fellow?
>>
>>22563636
>Sunline Getter Man
>Hitachi Fluorescent Lamp G (Getter)
Wtf? It's a lamp ad? Named after Getter?????
>>
>>22563636
looks like the Chinese gundam statue
>>
>>22563636
tiny pic but from what I see on its parts descriptions
>the pilder-like head ornament is called "machine falcon"
>"ultra beam" from its eyes
>"bazooka shutter" mouth
>"parabola/parabolic ear"
>"G sickle" (outer G chest piece)
>"getter ray gun" (inner chest piece)
>"screw blow" forearm
>"getter machinegun" fist
>"knee missile"
>"get wing" scrander-like attachment
>>
File: GKSW-17bIAA3LJk.jpg (90 KB, 679x355)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>
>>22563893
>canon
>mazinger
>canon
what the fuck am i reading
>>
>>22564673
I meant to say that Energer Z doesn't exist outside the 2008 anime.
it's literally an early design of Mazinger Z, not a different Mazinger.
>>
File: 00-03.jpg (665 KB, 1097x1600)
665 KB
665 KB JPG
>>22564777
>I meant to say that Energer Z doesn't exist outside the 2008 anime.
Do you ever get tired of being wrong?
>>
>>22564870
That's Iron Z.
But yeah, Energer was in Zero and SRW, so he's wrong.
>>
>>22563183
His transformation scene and fight with ZERO are really sick, but I don't really dig the design much.
I think it's really just Kaiser, but with the breastplate ornament replaced by Great's
>>
>>22564923
And different blades on the arms
and blades on the hips
and a flared out head
and different wings

you know, all the same ways Great Mazinger is different from Mazinger Z
It's still a Mazinkaiser in the same way Great Mazinger is still a Mazinger
>>
File: Mazinkaiser OVA.jpg (135 KB, 674x1000)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
>>22564935
Fair enough, but my point is that it could do a bit more. Like, Compare classic Z with Kaiser.
They're both still Mazingers but you can see there's still a lot of difference between them, like the breast ornament, the details at the head (which, i should add, is flared up just like Great Kaiser's), legs and arm blades, no doubt inspired by Great's Drill Pressure Punch. By comparison, Great Kaiser felt to me more like Kaiser but done in the mangaka's own style rather than it's own mecha.
Don't get me wrong, though, I'm not saying I don't like Great Kaiser, only that It's a bit too close to the original Kaiser for it to stick out to me, anon.
>>
>>22564870
>coomer bait spin off that isn't tied to Mazinger universe
Do you ever get tired of being pathetic?
>>
>>22564959
>(which, i should add, is flared up just like Great Kaiser's
nah, they're different, see >>22553578
Great's head is actually quite different, you can see the pilder channel is wider and flared outwards, the horns have more of an outward angle and there are fins on the back

As to your point, Mazinkaiser was meant to be a 90s upgrade of Mazinger in the same vein as Shin Getter. It's not even called a Mazinger anymore because its design is indeed wildly different. But Great Mazinkaiser is literally called Mazinkaiser and you're complaining that it looks like Mazinkaiser. It's weird.
>>
I loved SKL, what else should I watch?
>>
>>22565108
>what else should I watch?
The original Mazinkaiser OVA, if you have a lot of time Toei's Mazinger Trilogy (Mazinger Z, Great Mazinger, and Grendizer), Shin Mazinger Z, and Mazinger Infinity.
>>
>>22565108
getter robo
>>
>>22564976
>coomer bait spin off
So the same as Zero and SKL.
>that isn't tied to Mazinger universe
The most retarded shit you said so far.
Especially considering that you're giving Emperor G a pass, when it never appeared in any of the Mazinger media.
>>
>>22565299
>Zero
you didn't read it. It's a multiverse thing that linked all of Mazinger works (Toei Zingers, Manga Zingers, Mazinkaiser OVA, etc..) together as parallel universes.
>The most retarded shit you said so far.
since when parody works are regarded as main timelines, dumbass?
>>
>>22565354
>you didn't read it. It's a multiverse thing that linked all of Mazinger works (Toei Zingers, Manga Zingers, Mazinkaiser OVA, etc..) together as parallel universes.
Sure, a multiverse that is non-canon from the perspective of the works that it referenced.
>since when parody works are regarded as main timelines, dumbass?
There is no unified or main timeline in the first place. At most there's a so called "star system" (hence presense of Cutey Honey in some of the works for example).
And obviously Mazinger Angels is the main "timeline" for Mazinger Angels. Not to mention, being a spinoff doesn't make it a parody.
>>
>>22564976
>using coomer as an insult at all
>especially in a thread about something made by fucking Go Nagai
This is a whole new level of stupidity
>>
>>22565416
There's Toei Zinger timeline (Z, Great, Grendizer, Infinity and their VS movies)
Manga Zinger timeline (Z, Great, Grendizer, Mazinkaiser vs Shin Getter, Great Mazinger vs Devilman (last two included Grendizer's characters and the Spazers).
Gosaku Ota timeline.
Mazinkaiser timeline (OVA, Movie).
Zero timeline (which referenced all the older installments except Ota's).

god Mazinger (has nothing to do with Mazinger except with the shared name), SRW Mazinkaiser (ironically a Getter Robo more than a Mazinger), SKL (alternate version), 2008 (Reboot), Angels (parody), Otome (parody), Z Mazinger (alternate version), Mazinsaga (alternate version mixing Devilman with Mazinger), USA, Grendizer Giga (reimagination), etc.. are all standalone spin-offs.
>>
>>22565688
The point is? No one said that there aren't any interconnected works in Mazinger franchise.
If you're into listing things than list the criteria that you use to say that something is a "main" "timeline" and that something is a spinoff or/and a parody.
>>
>>22565688
>Manga Zinger timeline (Z, Great,
lmao
he doesn't know that there are two nagai manga timelines and that great is based on the toei-ized version of manga mazinger
just give up when it comes to mazinger canon, it's pointless
>>
>>22565872
NTA, but by two timelines are you also talking about the Gosaku Ota manga?
>>
>>22565881
No
>>
>>22565881
Nagai's Shounen Jump chapters and Tv Magazine chapters don't actually mesh well in spite of both being Nagai.

The volume compilation throws them together, but when you get to the final battle against Dr.Hell (which was initially written for Shounen Jump, Nagai only got around to finishing it up for the compiled volumes, often just thrown into Great Mazinger's volumes somehow) suddenly all the extra robots and characters from the Tv Magazine chapters vanish, and they stay like that during the entire final arc against Dr.Hell.

Then when the Mycenae battle starts, we're back to Tv Magazine robots and characters.

The official volume compilations we have nowadays do try to sell all this as a single continuity though, with the way they order the compile the chapters, but things are obviously off.
>>
>>22565909
>The official volume compilations we have nowadays
It's actually the original volume printing from the 1970s. It's always been like that. It's only in recent decades that the SJ and TV runs have had their own volume compilations.
>>
>>22565881
>the existence of an earlier short manga means the other one is invalid and doesn't matter at all
wow you are so tough and kool!!!
next you will tell me that Zeta and ZZ are not canon because they aren't connected to Origin
>>
>>22566359
Assuming you meant to reply to the post higher, that's not what was written or even implied, you retard. All that anon was saying is that there are two Nagai Mazinger Z manga continuities. Though that isn't the only questionable point in your list.
Also, connections to other media got nothing to do with validity and influence.
>>
>>22566495
yeah sorry, I misquoted
>>
>>22565688
The Vs Movies often contradict events from the shows. Also, Infinity doesn’t acknowledge Grendizer at all.
>>
>>22566675
>Also, Infinity doesn’t acknowledge Grendizer at all.
it's set after the events of Grendizer where Duke and Dizer went back to Planet Freed.
>>
>>22566760
They could still show a hint the series happened at all, like a view of the ranch, Hikaru or Danbei, but nope. As far as the movie is concerned, it didn’t happen.
>>
I genuinely can't remember the name, but the rocket punch variant with the bracelet, did it just completely disappear from the show? I'm near the end of the show and he uses the Giant Swing Rocket Punch now and then, but it feels like the other one showed up literally once
>>
https://twitter.com/masahashi17/status/1776452316406906977
>>
>>22567346
Reinforced Rocket Punch, and yeah, it's only used the one time
Made a handful of SRW appearances, at least, unlike the finger missiles or the freeze beam
>>
>>22567397
>find him cool and mysterious in Shin, like him from Zero
>can't wait to start Z and get to Great
>watch specifically this episode and the Great Booster one because too impatient
>he actually dies thinking that he's won, and is generally a pretty honourable guy apparently
I ended up liking Z as well and got super attached to Baron Ashura, hopefully Ankoku Daishogun is just as endearing within 30 episodes. I think someone else suggested it too, but from the naming pattern of all the enemies, Ankoku might just be his legal name?

>>22567406
The first time I saw it was in Zero and I was so confused as to what that was.
>finger missiles
I don't even remember that existing. Doesn't he sometimes have thrusters on his fingers to realistically call back his rocket punch (as opposed to the regular thrusters going backwards somehow)?
>freeze beam
>from what's apparently actual radar antennas, from the ep where his radar got damaged
It felt slightly odd for it to have an elemental attack, but I was still ready to give it a chance but it just stopped showing up for some reason. At least we'll still get the Thunder Break lots in Great!
>>
>>22566760
That didn't stop Bandai from making a new story for Grendizer Infinitism.
>>
File: file.png (772 KB, 1920x1080)
772 KB
772 KB PNG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWUm86GraaA
>>
>>22567542
My slowpoke realization that Shin Mazinger aired 15 years ago.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (81 KB, 1280x720)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>22567955
>>
>>22567955
>>22567965
15 years ago was 30 years ago...
>>
File: 1994 Anime.jpg (887 KB, 1160x2160)
887 KB
887 KB JPG
>>22568005
>30 years
Oh shit, Shin Cutie Honey is turning 30 this month
>>
>>22568019
Rayearth too! And there's quite a lot of OVAs...
>take one look at Genocyber, because someone mentioned it to me
>body horror in google images
Nope I'm out
>>
>>22568020
It has a fantastic song at least.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFpp9b-O_JU
>>
https://twitter.com/ironsaga_staff/status/1776915319048823249
Being resumed.
>>
https://twitter.com/Catry_Caesar/status/1776411753926287584
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owyUkRBStbc
>>
File: Asura Mazinger.jpg (182 KB, 923x906)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLYxd6_BrsE
>>
>>22562511
Leg day, every day.
>>
>>22567467
when and where?
>>
I always use Tetsuya more than Kouji in pretty much any SRW. He's just got such a cool vibe. I think Great's just a neater machine too.

>>22563628
Yeah, Great's Scramble Dash completely shrinks down when Tetsuya doesn't need it. I like how Mazin Emperor G's Emperor Aureole is hiding a Scramble Dash-like secondary flight unit underneath too.
>>
>>22570356
Around 5 years ago, when they started the toyline. It's more of an AU multiverse romp that ties into SKL/Seelen, rather than Infinity movie tie-in outside of aethetics, which is fair, as Toei isn't involved and it's written by Tadashi Hayakawa.
Originally it was released in a magazine, but they released it on the web 2 years ago.
https://hjweb.jp/article/633262/
>>
>>22570653
>Seelen
Who?
>>
File: 1000168370_7.jpg (165 KB, 1200x1200)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
>>22570611
Some of the toys even include the little folded up version. There is some variation as to whether the Scramble Dash disappears completely or this little thing is visible. The very first SOC had this ugly ass spring-loaded accessory that tried to emulate how the wings would pop out in the show
>>
>>22570702
Seelen the Hunting World. It's a manga series that's sorta tied in with SKL and Infinitism. Features some more military-themed robots that resemble the classic Dynamic Pro super robots.
>>
File: Devilman and Mazinger fa.jpg (881 KB, 1124x1458)
881 KB
881 KB JPG
>>
>>22570705
The Kaiser Scrander can do it too. Well, sometimes. The Alpha version could. Still, I like that the built-in flight unit sells how much of an improvement Great was as far as versatility goes.
>>
File: Jeeg Goldrake.jpg (444 KB, 1270x1799)
444 KB
444 KB JPG
>>
https://twitter.com/masahashi17/status/1775731111664173309
>>
>>22568156
That it does!
>>
>>22570611
>>22570705
>Great's Scramble Dash completely shrinks down when Tetsuya doesn't need it.
>There is some variation as to whether the Scramble Dash disappears completely or this little thing is visible.
I honestly don't know which I'd prefer. The miniature one is cute and more realistic, but leaves it open to danger.
>>22570861
>I like that the built-in flight unit sells how much of an improvement Great was as far as versatility goes.
Me too, versatility is great (heh), which is why I love the Great Boomerang, seems like it can do almost anything.
>>
>>22571447
I'm pretty partial to Thunder Break myself. Kind of a cliche answer, but that pose is just so cool.
>>
>>22571480
When I first heard there was a Mazinger other than Z, kid-me thought the Thunder Break was some try-hard nonsensical addition to the otherwise-fine repertoire of regular super attacks.
But nah, kid-me's opinions were dumb as shit, the Thunder Break is really cool - even the pose as you say - and powerful. A bonus in that it can suddenly come out of nowhere for a dramatic surprise entrance, think SRW30 did that depending on which route you picked (and Tetsuya shows up mid-stage), whereas I think for Mazinkaiser he came back with the boomerang, but immediately went for the good ol' Thunder Break after the reveal.
Here's hoping the Space Thunder's just as cool when I eventually get to it.
>>
File: Mazinger Z 91 Preview.webm (3.85 MB, 1440x1080)
3.85 MB
3.85 MB WEBM
https://files.catbox.moe/ucuv97.webm
>>
>>22571550
>Two random Mechanical Beasts
>No Dr. Hell in a super cool machine
What a gyp, 91 episodes for this.
>>
>>22571550
>>22571558
At least we'll get Marshal Hell in Great... or maybe there's a surprise somewhere in the last two episodes, the show sometimes gave a few surprises now and then
>>
>>22571119
There was one in the work but it was scrapped after Nagai stopped working with Toei over the Gaiking dispute
>>
https://twitter.com/ka_ghost_sei/status/1777165446439129471
>>
File: Frustrated Shiro.webm (2.82 MB, 1440x1080)
2.82 MB
2.82 MB WEBM
https://files.catbox.moe/t5skje.webm
>>
File: What's the matter Shiro.webm (3.96 MB, 1440x1080)
3.96 MB
3.96 MB WEBM
https://files.catbox.moe/5z8eco.webm
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8DCbtYJiUQ
>>
>>22561704
What a great scene.
>>
File: Kizuna AI discomfort.jpg (26 KB, 500x334)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>22572385
>>22572432
A bit painful...
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlPwBK_KKAw
>>
>>22571743
There was no such thing as a Gailing dispute. That whole thing is a hoax.
>>
>>22571119
>>22573908
By the way, there was no Jeeg crossover because it was owned by Takara and Popy didn’t want to promote a toy from a rival company. Simple as that. Gaiking employed some Dynamic Pro staff as freelancers but otherwise it had nothing to do with Nagai.
>>
>>22573908
>>22573911
https://mazinger.fandom.com/wiki/Grendizer_vs_Steel_Jeeg

They made it into a short manga after the cancelation
>>
File: GKyydEgaQAASMvQ.jpg (210 KB, 1400x640)
210 KB
210 KB JPG
>>
>>22573911
Is there a chance we could get Gaiking for Infinitism, their take on it would be really cool...
>either Kaiser and Jeeg prices of just being bulky and having different colours and the only gimmick is the combining one, or we're actually provided with a bonus vehicle
>>
File: Hover and Jet Pilders.jpg (1.38 MB, 3024x4032)
1.38 MB
1.38 MB JPG
>>
>>22575801
0 chance. Infinitism is for mecha owned by Dynamic Pro.
>>
>>22576013
Where is this from?
>>
>>22576064
The Yokosuka Museum of Art's Japanese Giant Robots Exhibition
https://twitter.com/doopopo/status/1777250558572892330
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IT4_UaiD-A
>>
>>22576041
That's a shame...
Tangentially, how much was Zero read/acknowledged/endorsed/praised by Go Nagai? It seems he's credited as a creator, but it was two other guys afaik? Seemed like a love/thank you letter to him by the end, was wondering if we knew his thoughts on it.
>>
>>22576510
Yoshiaki Tabata handled the writing and Yuki Yogo (who last year was involved in Kingohger) did the illustrations.
>>
>>22576510
>Tangentially, how much was Zero read/acknowledged/endorsed/praised by Go Nagai?
I haven't seen him mention it much, if at all. I don't think it would be as prominent as it is now if not for SRW picking it up.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPAw8QlCJfg
>>
>>22576517
I don't recognize anything by Yoshiaki Tabata other than seeing that there's a remake for Black Jack, but I saw a bit of King Ohger which was pretty
>>22576543
Oh... Well, hopefully he still liked it. I mean, I liked it!
>>
>>22576510
>>Tangentially, how much was Zero read/acknowledged/endorsed/praised by Go Nagai?
it made him money, so he was happy about it.
>>
>>22577394
Don't say that, Go Nagai still cares about Mazinger... right?
>>
>>22577413
Sure, he cares about HIS Mazinger. Zero is just one of numerous derivative works he licensed his characters for.
>>
>>22577602
But it was also a lovely thank you message about the original Mazinger, so I hope he liked it
>>
File: Shin-Mazinger-Zero-01-000.jpg (846 KB, 1858x2143)
846 KB
846 KB JPG
>>22577394
Doesn't he have a writers credit on there. I don't know how much a hand he in the plot exactly but from what I can find online he contributed in some capacity
>>
>>22577640
no, he has "Original Opera" credits.
>>
>>22577640
It just says original creator
>>
File: Mazinger Z 91 plan.webm (3.91 MB, 1440x1080)
3.91 MB
3.91 MB WEBM
https://files.catbox.moe/dyee03.webm
>>
File: file.png (1.85 MB, 1920x1080)
1.85 MB
1.85 MB PNG
>>22578282
Next ep is the Shiro's mom one, we actually got an ep where all three pilots did around equal work in defeating the kikaiju. Also we got a few waves of Southern Cross Knives this time, that's probably not related.
>the series finale might be a two-parter
Hype..
>>
>>22573167
https://files.catbox.moe/8dfara.mp4
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GofRPXVgTY0
Mazinger Z mentioned around the end of the video.
>>
>>22561702
Do people like when the helm is grey and the limbs are white or when they are both the same color?
>>
>>22579026
>Misato was trying to be a maternal figure for Shiro
1) That's sweet, Misato's a good person and Shrio doesn't deserve her
2) Need
3) I guess this episode won't be as infuriating if there's Misato. Does she show up in Great or Grendizer at all? Think she was only mentioned or briefly showed up in Infinity, didn't really know she existed.
>has as much courage as Sayaka and Koji but without as much training or any robot at all
Straight-up taking death row convicts on a helicopter joyride with no fear, she wouldn't feel out of place in a Getter Robo manga.
>>
>>22568020
Don't fret. Genocyber is "optimistic and cheery" like Nagai's Devilman manga.
>>
>>22580157
You mean with similar cheery plotpoints and a feel-good ending?
>>
>>22572385
>>22572432
>>22580138
>it's the equivalent of tricking someone in the middle of a mental breakdown
>Shiro doesn't even believe it at first
>but then he's convinced, and then the mom hands him a bomb and tells him the next kikaiju is going to attack soon
>Koji's also tricked by this, it's actually a pretty difficult situation if you're a human being
>Shiro sort of redeems himself at the end
I don't know who to be upset with, but what a distressing episode
>>
https://nordot.app/1151114123117428831?c=39550187727945729
Go Nagai donating to his hometown of Wajima and writing a prayer message for recovery
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbo0voPnzSI
>>
>>22573911
>>22573908
That just leaves to one more question, why DID he have groizer X animated by knack rather than toei?
>>
>>22581554
I'm pretty sure Knack were the ones that aproached him for publicity purposes and he got some bad blood with Toei over Mazinger at the time so he agreed. He barely did anything with Groizer himself.
>>
File: GLG8VvfawAAdFvR.jpg (207 KB, 1024x682)
207 KB
207 KB JPG
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmLtZWVv0Vo&t=1s
>>
File: IMG_2075.jpg (125 KB, 1920x1080)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>>22581632
Wait, so we know the gaiking dispute was a hoax but whats this bad blood he had with toei regarding mazinger Z?
>>
File: 4 17.jpg (213 KB, 1200x675)
213 KB
213 KB JPG
>>
>>22582756
What Mazinger media did the girl on the right appear in?
>>
>>22582765
That's Minerva X from the Mazinger ZERO manga which is what this collab is based on.
>>
>>22582766
But Minerva is between Sayaka and Kouji?
>>
>>22583021
>>22582765
Iron Saga's Bluetail Eye
>>
>>22583021
I didn't notice her. I'm guessing she's one of the original characters for Iron Saga. I don't know her name though.
>>
Which upgrade do you prefer? Great Mazinkaiser or Mazin Emperor G?
>>
File: Mazin Emperor's power.jpg (94 KB, 1117x632)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>22583033
I prefer Mazin Emperor G. I like the broken-apart cap that can become the great booster, The big sword it calls down from the sky making it feel more like an Emperor of the sky instead of a Hero of the sky, and lastly THUNDERBOLT BREAKER. Great Mazinkaiser is still cool tho.
>>
>>22583033
They're both trash, honestly
the only upgrades Great Mazinger needs are Shin Great or the Light Quantum engine
>>
>>22583151
Isn't Shin Great just the same thing just with anime colors and Double Thunder Break?
>>
>>22583159
Yeah, and the latter is just the same thing with Grendizer's engine
You can't improve on Great Mazinger's design. It shouldn't be fucked with
>>
File: greato.jpg (1.39 MB, 1536x2156)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB JPG
all mazingers are fucking good(except SKL FUCK THAT RETARD) i dont know why you guys are discussing
>>
File: Great pride.png (1.42 MB, 1920x1080)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB PNG
>>22583711
Read Devilman vs Hades for this page you posted, wish we got more Great Mazinger, but I get that it was a Devilman-focused thing.
>>22583033
I appreciate them for being cool upgrades, but I honestly don't really feel them that much. Kaiser's a cool and passable upgrade but Great Mazinkaiser looks a bit forced, and Emperor G (which I prefer over the two) is too colourful and is evocative of Getter, which is a good SRW upgrade but not as a standalone Great upgrade. Even the OVA knew that you can't improve on Great's design. The real question is whether you want Great's limbs in black or blue.
>>
>>22583711
I have to say it was weird to see Great using Photon Beam in this manga.
>>
>>22584011
Does it not have that in the show, I assumed all Mazingers had that attack
>>
>>
>>22584122
>Cutie
Cutey
>>
>>22584016
Nope. Great doesn't have Photon Beam in any other incarnation that I'm aware of.
>>
>>22570857
Where do I obtain the Ultraman kaiju bag?
>>
>>22584165
https://twitter.com/mazingo_info/status/1776141413568176465
Only found the picture from this link. The link says "Seibu Shibuya Store" in it.
>>
>>22583711
>except SKL FUCK THAT RETARD
Why are some people like that?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ6AcIRJrVE
>>
>>22584237
Any idea who these voice actors are?
>>
>>22584155
It's a bit odd that it doesn't have it, it's its own power, it'd be like if Shin Getter Robo didn't have the Getter Beam
>>
File: Mazinger Z ED 2.webm (3.9 MB, 1440x1080)
3.9 MB
3.9 MB WEBM
>>
>Dr Hell seething and getting pretty steamrolled for his last stand
I get that it's a contrast since he's at the end of his rope, but I was expecting something a bit more. One last episode remains, I guess it's an epilogue where nothing bad happens at all
>>22584457
Today will be the last time I see this cute ED (unless I revisit it), for but one episode of Mazinger Z remains. Then it's onto Great (unless I'm supposed to finish my other shows first)!
>>
>>22584503
Watch Mazinger Z vs The Great General of Darkness before Great
>>
File: Mickiney defense.png (1.36 MB, 1920x1080)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB PNG
>>22584517
I'm pretty(?) sure I've watched it, that's the one with the extremely bad subs, right
I watched it before or after watching the Mazinkaiser movie
>the brother of Armoured Omnipotent Knigh (sic)
>New Mazinger Z
I also vaguely remember that it and the last ep contradict each other/you have to pick which one leads into Great
>>
>>22584522
I thought you haven't watched, my bad. I don't remember it having bad subs, tho
>>
File: Mazin Emperor G 90s.jpg (448 KB, 1600x899)
448 KB
448 KB JPG
I have a Toeizinger subfolder, but it's already at 700+ files, I'm not sure what catchy name to give the Great subfolder
>>22584526
The sole torrent on nyaa has sobs that makes it near-unwatchable and it was a ruinous experience, I think the movie itself was inoffensive but I had to squint my brain very hard to see this. Is it that much better than the series finale? I can try looking for better subs, worst-case try to watch it in Korean
>inb4 that uses names that I just will not recognize
>>
>>22561702
Childhood is Mazinger
True chadliness is accepting Dr. Hell did nothing wrong ever and should have won.
>>
>>22584535
The movie felt stronger as both an ending to Mazinger Z and a prologue to Great to me. Dunno where you could find better subs, I watched it years ago on an online website
>>
>>22584559
I found a few files on archive
https://archive.org/details/mazinger-z-vs.-the-great-general-of-darkness-toei-doga-1974-blu-ray-1080p-ac-3-jpn-sub-eng
This could very well be the subs that I watched, I would have absolutely no way of knowing until I downloaded these
https://archive.org/details/Mazinger_Z_vs_the_General_of_Darkness
whereas this looks fine subs-wise but uh
Uh
>>
https://files.catbox.moe/hdpksh.webm
>>
>>22584617
I almost don't want it to be over...
>>
>>22584536
Everyone kinda chuckled when Dr. Hell gave his "diversity is bad" speech when I saw Infinity in a theater.

Dr. Hell is literally me.
>>
File: Larry Hell.png (204 KB, 402x593)
204 KB
204 KB PNG
>>22584687
>born too late to watch Mazinger airing
>born too early to pilot a mass-produced Mazinger
>born at the right time to shitpost with Larry Kolchak Hell
Sir it is an honour
>>
>>22584689
Which Cutey Honey is that again?
>>
Is Toei Getter Go any good?
Asking here, because it gives me Mazinger vibes and no one at Getter threads cares about Toei anime.
>>
>>22584913
I couldn't tell you, I saved it from here, sorry.
>>
I read a bit of this. Though, only the first two chapters are available in English. The rest are only in French.
>>
>>22585253
Oh hey Proto Getter
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl6xSQLnxAo
>>
https://files.catbox.moe/bjlpvw.webm
>>
Someone post Zeta Final Mazinger X please. I want that monstrosity to be canonized so bad
>>
File: Zeta Final Mazinger X.jpg (215 KB, 1418x2028)
215 KB
215 KB JPG
>>22585377
>>
>>22585378
I noticed ZERO never tried to pick a fight with this.
>>
>Kenji Akabane: Koji
>Hiroshi Yanaka: Tetsuya
>Ai Uchikawa: Sayaka
>>
>>22585362
>that cheeky preview
It's actually interesting that the show introduced the Mycenae mid-show, Toei Getter had the Dinosaur Empire's shadow ruler but the manga definitely introduced the Hyakki Empire near the end. Just not really sure what the kids were thinking or expecting once the show was starting to end. Maybe they thought that Koji would get a new Mazinger? Or that the Mycenae would be defeated in the last episode?
>>
File: Mazinger fin.png (1.48 MB, 1920x1080)
1.48 MB
1.48 MB PNG
>series finale for Mazinger Z actually seems rather dire
>especially combined with the song, it feels like it's Z for once that's going out to fight a losing battle, rather than Diana or Boss
>almost immediately Shiro and Tetsuya both butt heads but also get along, establishing their comfy relationship to come
>no Jun yet for some reason
>Kenzo actually does talk with Yumi a bit
I'm going to assume Great actually does deal with/address "where the fuck were you when I was nearly dying against Dr Hell" when it eventually comes up, but what a show, what a finale. I've warmed up to even the fucking crow after reading Devilman vs Hades, so there's going to be no obstacle stopping me from enjoying Great's show. Can't remember off the top of my head any weak episodes or anything I found to be offensively unnecessary, the worst offence was probably Pygman eps feeling a bit out of place, but the crime of "introducing a new henchman so Dr Hell and Brocken don't feel lonely" something ultimately forgivable. 92 episodes and this show never tried to peddle anything subpar or dogshit at me once. Thank you, Mazinger Z.
>even in the last ep, the back of Z's head is sometimes blue
It looks fitting at this point, I want to chalk it up as an alternate design rather than an animation error with its frequency and pleasantness.
>>
>>22585911
>Hiroshi Yanaka: Tetsuya
>Ai Uchikawa: Sayaka
I guess, Fumihiro Awano and Youko Honda are too much of literally whos to bring back.
>>
>>22586127
That's how it's been for the other Mazinger collabs in Iron Saga as well. Kenji Akabane for Koji, while everyone else gets their OVA actors.
>>
>>22584277
I think it's to set apart Z from Great (and Koji from Tetsuya, therefore). Just like Great has, for instance, the Thunder Break, its swords, the boomerang/Breast Fire attachment and a built-in Scrander, Z has, say, the Photon Beam, the Scrander's Southern Cross Knives and a separate, armed Scrander.
>>
I asked about this now and then, but why inner-magenta wings and outer-red wings for the Scrander and the Scramble Dash? Was it for animation reasons, or just to make it look cool? I'd prefer all-red but it's definitely too frequent to be an animation error (ignoring the blue back of the head for Z)
>>22586301
I was a bit worried with Z falling short, but I guess apart from the Great Booster showing up very late, those are potential advantages that Z has over Great. From seeing the Jet Scrander in action, I don't really mind it not being built-in anymore, maybe it's safe to stick to ground action until you need a flight thing rolling in, as opposed to getting too cocky with built-in flight and getting it damaged early on.
I will feel bad for Z if Great performs fine underwater though.
>>
>>22583997
>>22584011
but it was fucking cool no?
>>22584200
its edgy retard not edgy cool, i just can take thoses over the edge lords, also the design was too much le edgi
>>
>>22586521
So you don't like SKL because it's edge is too loud/"juvenile" and design is too authentic to metal album covers. Is that right?
Well, to each their own. Personally, I can't really stand Zero for similar, but in a way opposite reasons.
>>
>>22586521
You're an idiot. And I dislike you immensely.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzTHT67OFuc
>>
>>
Mazinger Z first half: light-hearted comedy/campy adventure
Mazinger Z second half: More serious and dark

Grendizer first half: Serious and creepy
Grendizer second half: light-hearted campy adventure

Great Mazinger: Very childish and toyetic from start to finish
>>
>>22586854
I'm not sure if it was the halfway mark or even earlier where it got a bit serious-
>Genocider F9 and the Jet Scrander showed up in episode 34
Yeah, even around episode 20-something, there's definitely a build-up of Mazinger barely winning against flying kikaiju, Dr Hell anticipating they'll make a flight module, nearly thwarting them build a flight module... it picked up surprisingly quick
>Great Mazinger: Very childish and toyetic from start to finish
I really hope this isn't the case...
>>
>>22563183
The greeble is surprisingly good here
>>
>>22569678
Tank-class BETA-looking Mazin-ass
>>
>>22584123
Cutey Honie
>>
File: Ichiroumizuki.jpg (593 KB, 1846x1852)
593 KB
593 KB JPG
>>
>>22587710
What year is this from?
>>
>>22587322
Honestly, feel like it's the same retard repeating his personal opinions over and over again in thes threads. I remember Great being fine and getting bored wih Z and Dizer in several occasions. Especially Grendizer.
>>
>>22587723
https://www.discogs.com/ja/release/13699451-%E6%B0%B4%E6%9C%A8%E4%B8%80%E9%83%8E-%E3%83%AD%E3%83%9E%E3%83%B3%E3%83%86%E3%82%A3%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF%E3%82%A2%E3%82%B2%E3%82%A4%E3%83%B3
>>
>>22587322
>I really hope this isn't the case...
I watched the Spanish dub of Great Mazinger before it got English subs.
not sure if the Japanese version is better but it wasn't really a good show.
I still love Great a lot
>>
File: Great Mazinger 34.jpg (573 KB, 1500x1981)
573 KB
573 KB JPG
>>22587883
Two episodes in so far and it's inoffensive, as long as it learns from Z and does similar in showing continuity about tech or relationships between regularly-interacting cast members, it'll be fine hopefully. Kenzo's continuing to look distressed about Shiro while Tetsuya and Jun are taking him in. I'd assume they haven't clued into their relationship (like how Shiro's classmates asked if he was related to Koji) because "surely Kenzo would have said something if their surnames were related, right".
>I still love Great a lot
I like Great too, hopefully despite any weaknesses in the show, it's still carried by my love for Great.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_5PrgPguRo
>>
>>22588767
>Z got a game
>Grendizer got a game
>Fucking Mazinsaga got a game
>Great got shit
No, SRW doesn't count nor does the arcade.
>>
>>
>>22588826
>Fucking Mazinsaga
Well, it does literally start with fucking.
>>
>>22588861
Mazingers arms are NOT blue.
>>
>>22588861
Got this on display for my birthday, it’s quite fantastic ngl
>>
>>22589189
Mazinger is a HERO and blue is a HEROIC color
>>
>>22589197
Mazinger is a demon.
>>
>>22589197
The real, True and Honest Mazinger Z has black arms
>>
the reason i like mazinger is because of kouji's personality but it's bizzare how unlikeable kouji is in the original mazinger z tva
>>
File: KojiSayakaManga.png (70 KB, 831x1300)
70 KB
70 KB PNG
>>22589345
Him and Sayaka are a lot different in the original manga compared to the TV show.
>>
>>22589349
also both their voices were weird in the anime
>>
>>22589353
Funny how Sayaka had three VAs in Z's run.
>>
>>22589232
Or a god!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owyUkRBStbc&t=4s
>>
File: Shinn and Koji.jpg (916 KB, 2001x2658)
916 KB
916 KB JPG
>>
>>22589373
>>22589497
Has Mazinger ever became a god?
>>
File: 1701505606883000.jpg (176 KB, 822x1184)
176 KB
176 KB JPG
>>22589507
>>
File: Great Booster SRW30.webm (3.99 MB, 1280x720)
3.99 MB
3.99 MB WEBM
Was I mistaken in remembering/assuming that Great's wings move like Z's Scrander?
>tfw know nothing about aerodynamics to know what the benefits and disadvantages of forward-swept wings are
https://www.boldmethod.com/learn-to-fly/aerodynamics/wing-sweep/
Even the Jet Scrander has its wings move from one position to the other, is it just so it looks cooler? I can't stop thinking about the wing designs for fucking super robots
>>
File: 1653961770320.png (1.7 MB, 1440x1440)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB PNG
>>22585362
Anon I know for a fact that Mazinger Z: Interval Peace, the prequel to Infinity, had official releases in Korea, from the fact that there's blogs on naver showing pages of it... but I can't seem to find any scans online from googling with my limited understanding of where Koreans put this online. If you think you'll have better luck, could you try looking for it when you have time, if it's not too much trouble?
>>
>>22561702
Tetsuya...
>>
>>22590137
Tetsuya what?
>>
>>22590139
Tetsuya-san
>>
>>22590122
Is it me or does Jun look lighter here? She almost looks lighter than Tetsuya.
>>
File: Tetsuya family man.png (1.73 MB, 1198x767)
1.73 MB
1.73 MB PNG
>>22590150
It's the back cover of the prequel manga to Infinity, but I get what you mean. Could have sworn she was at least slightly dark, but even in picrel from the movie she looks lighter than Tetsuya.
>>
File: Random Mazinger pages.jpg (1.13 MB, 2110x990)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB JPG
>>22590122
Gonna be real honest with you, this is my first time hearing Infinity had a prequel manga. My Mazinger manga experience is very, very limited. I have only read the Nagai Mazinger Z manga, his Mazinkaiser one shot and a little bit of Mazinger Angels. All I found is an Italian translation of the first chapter on mangadex
https://mangadex.org/title/df6e49f4-a540-4200-a004-ea9f6cbff574/mazinger-z-interval-peace
https://www.gonagaiworld.com/mazinger-z-interval-peace-le-immagini-del-manga/
>>
https://twitter.com/hitasuraeiga/status/1780796245256397197
>>
>>22589676
Guy on the right with the red eye makes me think of Devilman with that demonic wing on his head.
>>
File: D.png (770 KB, 1327x948)
770 KB
770 KB PNG
Would Duke say this?
>>
>>22591570
Short answer, no.
Long answer, not in this situation at least.
>>
>>22591570
Duke loves the earth too much not to help with its problems. So no I don't think he'd say this.
>>
https://twitter.com/yoshirinkun/status/1781494874858262736
>>
>>22591570
That's just a pathetic cope not to put Grendizer in the story because Japanese fujos are still angry about Grendizer making Koji a side kick and Dynamic Pros doesn't want them angry again.
They probably committed suicide after France-Arab funded the nee game abd upcoming movie.

Shin Mazinger Zero vs Ankoku manga also played this with this meta, with Koji telling Duke to not make Grendizer show up or it will bring chaos to the Mazinger world and make Zero angry a lot.

Fujos are pathetic insects
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syVZfJTZTB4
>>
>>22592124
>Japanese fujos are still angry about Grendizer making Koji a side kick
You keep posting this, but this makes absolutely zero sense, as lack of Koji would literally destroy the reason for proto-fujos of mid-70s to be engaged with the show in the first place.
>>
https://twitter.com/Sachi_Ch/status/1782055099071975822
Grendizer and the ships
>>
>>22592767
How is the Grendizer game?
>>
>>22592801
An alright to decent experience.
>>
Great go
>>
>>22593119
Fire on!
>>
https://twitter.com/michel_9899/status/1782258288241037596
>>
File: GLv-5MCaAAAmizo.jpg (125 KB, 680x680)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>>
https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/status/1782484824906924153
Discotek day.
>>
File: Mazinkaiser Discotek.jpg (513 KB, 1180x1500)
513 KB
513 KB JPG
https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/status/1782485054486426095
>>
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKw7F-xxuig&t=9s
>>
>>22586123
https://files.catbox.moe/mk6w7q.mp4
>>
>>22595202
>Great
>>
>>22595731
>"You know the manga where the MC's love interest head is on a pike? Let's put it in our series for kids."
>>
>>22595866
Whoops, it was Z all along. The sword and the heat sinkless chest actually made me thought it was Great Mazinger.
>>
https://twitter.com/fujihiro_i/status/1781950147112599801
>>
>>22595875
Man I love the original manga colors. Mazinkaiser is the only anime that had it.
>>
File: Shiro dad greet.jpg (1.03 MB, 1920x5400)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB JPG
>>22595735
Maybe the horrid subs soured the movie experience, but the beatdown for Z in the show was pretty bad (good) and emotional as well. Also consistently surprised in Great how much Kenzo is pretty human and a softie, instead of a cold hardass I assumed him to be (I swear he had an eyepatch).
>>
>>22596079
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3vCbo5LeII
Aniki's insert song really elevated the show and movie scenes of Z's beatdown.
>>
>>22596082
Yeah... although I'll just have to take the subtitulados' word for it regarding the content
>>
>>22595879
Grendizer U is doing original manga colors too, although who knows how long the Mazinger Z is lasting there.
>>
>>22596106
>Grendizer U
Still no release date?
>>
>>22596136
No real release date yet. Currently, the official account just says "To be broadcasted in 2024"
https://twitter.com/grendizer_anime
>>
>can't decide whether to get Infinitism Mazinkaiser or Zero (or Getter Dragon)
>have to reread Shin Mazinger Zero for the second time (third read in total) since I'm still not sure whether I was mostly excited about the story, or the actual mecha itself, or if I just wanted a decent villain on my shelf
Thankfully it IS a fun story, even if Zero only really shows up in the second part.
>>
File: GL179Pka4AAmcEA.jpg (185 KB, 945x1200)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
https://tamashiiweb.com/item/14701/?wovn=en#
>>
>>22596513
I didn't know Lorelai was in Toei anime too.
>>
>>22596526
Yeah, she's a brunette in the Toei anime
https://files.catbox.moe/ti7oz5.webm
>>
File: Lorelei grr.png (1.21 MB, 1920x1080)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB PNG
>>22596526
>start watching Shin but get through the manga
>she's in the manga, Shin does the arc pretty faithfully
>start watching the Toei anime
>there's no Gamias, surely they wouldn't have this heavy-ass arc
>they do, they have it almost 1:1
>stop rewatching Shin Mazinger because I was about to watch two Lorelei arcs back to back
I don't have the official preview image of the arc saved but here's the only close-up of her face I have
>>22596530
>Boss saving the day
>again
I never said it was a bad arc, just a depressing one
>>
File: Mazinger Z Next Time.webm (3.93 MB, 1440x1080)
3.93 MB
3.93 MB WEBM
https://files.catbox.moe/15qmwx.webm
>>
https://twitter.com/evolutiontoy/status/1781925834594394233
>>
>>22596573
Please tell me Great starts to pick up I beg of you
I like Tetsuya and Kenzo but it has yet to have the same charm as Z had. I've just finished episode 7, I hope my socks to be knocked off soon.
>>
File: Sad Tetsuya.png (403 KB, 724x487)
403 KB
403 KB PNG
>>22597834
Episode 9 with the Battle Beast fembot one and 13, the parents day episode with the sad Tetsuya reaction image. Those two episodes in the 9-13 range are the ones I was most fond of.
>>
File: Tetsuya tears.png (1.09 MB, 1920x1080)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB PNG
>>22597933
The fembot one was better than I expected but felt it could have been better. It was its own take on the concept but wasn't tremendously different from the spy one and Minerva X episodes. But I haven't been enjoying anything the past few days, so I genuinely don't know whether it's the show or not.
>the parents day episode with the sad Tetsuya reaction image
Ok that sounds like it might be painful. Tetsuya's been a bit of a rebellious jerk but a likable one, it'd be good to see other facets of him and his worries/insecurities.
>Those two episodes in the 9-13 range are the ones I was most fond of.
Sorry, "those two are my favourites in that range" or "my favourite episodes for the entire show are those two, in the 9-13 range"? Like, I sure hope there's others in the 20-50 range..
>have to watch an ep before the Great Booster one because the DVD remote doesn't work
>it's the one with the dying child that challenged Tetsuya to boxing
>he died before Tetsuya could finish beating the battle beast and come back
>there is no lesson or positive outlook or literally anything about the end of the episode, it is just a depiction of how life sometimes has its tragedies
I didn't mind but it hurt a bit
>>22590173
I forgot to respond to this, but thank you. I've been typing out some of the pages on google translate but it's been draining.
>>
>>
File: Coming Soon!.jpg (182 KB, 1040x1040)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
>>
File: GL7yLRMa0AAJz_F.jpg (162 KB, 600x800)
162 KB
162 KB JPG
https://hobby.dengeki.com/news/2318932/
>>
>>22598306
What game is this?
>>
>>22598318
https://twitter.com/LINE_PKPN_JP/status/1783375387302514703
Line Pokopoko
>>
>>22596550
>>22596573
I need more shota romance in mecha
>>
Is shoving Mazinger everywhere the new plan?
>>
>>22598888
No, that's an extremely old plan.
>>
File: GL-IM2qakAAI53n.jpg (301 KB, 2048x1536)
301 KB
301 KB JPG
>>
>>22599007
I extremely need any translation of the manga
The Zest kit is pretty affordable but it doesn't look great, especially without context, it's potentially cool
>>
File: Shinji and Koji.jpg (573 KB, 2000x2299)
573 KB
573 KB JPG
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIyIB7IFWKw
>>
>>22597940
Not the entire 56 episodes of course. Episode 16 goes a bit in depth on Tetsuya's past training and has a tragic Battle Beast character.
>>
File: Mazinkaiser ED.jpg (299 KB, 1920x1080)
299 KB
299 KB JPG
>>
https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/status/1782847794715513304
>>
>>22599900
Do the horns do anything?
>>
>>22599911
I remember the horns doing the freezing beam attack in the Mazinkaiser vs Great General of Darkness OVA.
>>
>>
File: Mazinger Z 5 17.jpg (273 KB, 1040x1040)
273 KB
273 KB JPG
https://twitter.com/LINE_PKPN_JP/status/1783737775688151457
>>
File: GKm9TTmacAA91I6.jpg (245 KB, 1040x1040)
245 KB
245 KB JPG
>>
https://twitter.com/Alfes2010/status/1783625617746841856
>>
>>22600934
>>22600939
Haha I can't wait for Tetsuya and his pals to show up in the next one
>>
>>22599798
Ep 12 was fun, even though it was some basic bullfighting episode. Maybe it was the combat, or my diet or whatever. Next ep he ostensibly fights Ank himself.
Getting to see about his past sounds interesting, the Brain Condor theme alludes to it not being so great, and at least verbally he's treated Kenzo moreso as a boss/teacher than a father. I swear Tetsuya had a fear of birds but unless it surfaces in the Great Booster ep I'm not sure how I picked it up or when, since it didn't come up in the crow episode.
>>
>>22601188
Yeah, I can't wait for the crow to show up in the next one.
>>
>>22601420
He fucking shat into Boss' mouth this episode I am so fucking tired
I would rather the crow just leaves the show (and live) than feel fulfillment as a human being
Why did they think this was a fun idea
>>
>>22598330
Ganbaruger has some shota romance.
>>
>>22601422
The staff simply thought it was funny for their own amusement.
>>
>>22601544
Do you have a source
I am so mad
>>
https://twitter.com/Dynamicpro_info/status/1783436526141219299
Uncle Go with the Cutie Honey the FIRST book.
>>
One last Great Go in this thread.
>>
File: Great OP.png (10 KB, 1391x117)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>>22605805
>>
>>22605925
>>22299835
Great Go and Dash Dash, Aniki
>>
>>22605929
>that's still up
What
>>
File: dafuq.png (267 KB, 449x391)
267 KB
267 KB PNG
>>22605943
Have a reaction image for next time.
>>
>>22606174
Thank you
>>
>>22605943
"We will never let your flame die"
>>22583271
>>
>>22606498
>he will never sing new openings
>ever
Hurts
>>
>>22606500
Always remember and treasure him like the "Aniki-ren"
https://twitter.com/aniki_staff/status/1688529334338985984
https://www3.nhk.or.jp/lnews/nagano/20230807/1010027715.html
>>
>>22606505
I will-
>that Mazinger
Cute!
>>
File: Take that, stupid Shiro.jpg (173 KB, 1440x1080)
173 KB
173 KB JPG
>>
>>22606540
This was a slightly distressing episode, and Shiro also felt a bit out-of-character, pointlessly bullying animals and getting into fights seems like something that he would have gotten out of his system earlier, he seemed like he matured a tiny bit in Great and I was so proud of him... I wouldn't even have minded him getting a robot, but I'm not entirely sure anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.