[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Just started watching Baldios and I have to say I'm in love, both with the show and this crazy bitch.
Can't say much about the plot or setting yet other than having a very nice set up so far with things moving rather quickly, I hope the titular robot shows up soon.
>>
No clue why VLC changed the screenshot's aspect ratio but it doesn't look like that in the actual video file.
>>
>>22579332
this series is depressing anon. that's all I'm going to say....
>>
>>22579332
I love this show too despite the jank animations.
It's extremely similar to Gosaku Ota's Grendizer manga. Both have the same plot and ending
>>
>>22579373
Gotta love Kokusai Eigasha jank
>>
>>22579373
>the jank animations
So far the animation seems great, are you referring to the mechanical animation?
>>
>>22579332
I'm watching it too, anon! I'm on episode 23 right now, and I'm really enjoying it. Each episode is just one tragedy after another -- the Little Tokyo episode and the two-parter stand out especially. It's even sadder than Ideon or Zeta because those shows at least had some levity and glimmer of hope every now and then, while Baldios doesn't at all.
>>22579373
The transformation looks quite nice. It's sort of a proto-Yuusha with the emphasis on mechanical details -- I also wonder if the Exkaiser/Fighbird sword grip was inspired by Pulsaber. Thanks for the manga rec too.
>>22579380
This was Ashi Pro, not Kokusai. Speaking of jank, at the end of one episode the two co-pilots and that blonde woman walked away super quickly and smoothly -- I guess they had extra animation budget left over.
>>
File: aezazaz.png (1.55 MB, 1088x816)
1.55 MB
1.55 MB PNG
I love how she says shit like "HONOLEEE" when angry
>>
File: AEZEZAS.png (1.4 MB, 1088x816)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB PNG
>>22579332
It's one of my favorite shows, but prepare yourself for sadness
>>
>>22579335
I only know about the neat opening song but that fucking filename anon
>>
>>22579332
I only ever watched the movie. It was an experience
>>
File: p^..png (1.67 MB, 1088x816)
1.67 MB
1.67 MB PNG
>>22580562
The movie is fine but you will miss a lot of things by only having seeing it, while it does a recap of some things, it's also the real ending. It's like with Ideon (but one movie instead of 2)
>>
File: gamjard.png (1.51 MB, 1088x816)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB PNG
Not enough people talks about the other humanoid mechas of the show, even if they are jobbers
Fun fact : the name "Gamjard" was actually the name used in the first draft of Baldios.
>>
File: jkjkj.png (1.32 MB, 1088x816)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB PNG
>>
File: sfdfsdfsd.png (978 KB, 896x799)
978 KB
978 KB PNG
>>
File: zaaZA.png (1.79 MB, 1088x816)
1.79 MB
1.79 MB PNG
Aldebaran soldiers full outfit looks cool
>>
File: iljili.png (1.88 MB, 1088x816)
1.88 MB
1.88 MB PNG
Aldebaran rations
>>
File: zeaze.png (1.9 MB, 1088x816)
1.9 MB
1.9 MB PNG
The third empire mini arc was really nice too
>>
I love Gattler's shirt. I guess this makes him a Char clone.
>>
>>22581079
>a Char clone
Shut up.
>>
>>22581084
It was obviously Zeon-inspired, but I'd say he's more like Gihren than Char.
>>
>>22581135
>It was obviously Zeon-inspired
Wait until this nigga hears about the hidden gem obscure anime Uchuu Senkan Yamato, it was never translated and only two VHS recordings exist in the world.
>>
>>22579450
I thought I saw Kokusai in the credits? Did they not also do J9 series and Acrobunch?
>>
>>22579332
This very thing happens to put Tomino's depression-based works to shame. Just saying.
>>
>>22581337
Koukusai Eiga-Sha co-produced it with Ashi Pro but the latter kept the rights. They were never an animation studio in and of themselves. Like the J9 shows were made with Toei (outsourcing to Korea).
>>
What kind of mental breakdown were the crew making this going through that they made everything so ridiculously downer?

Stuff like Gattler as the military general who couped the government to become the villain also raped the chick he raised as part of making her the perfect henchwoman is so edgy its ridiculous.
Or the series ending with basically every side character being killed off over an extended period.
>>
Hell yeah it's finally here!
>>
>>22582309
it's even funnier considering how a good chunk of the Baldios staff ended up making Goshogun just after
But if you want something funny, neither the TV show ending or the movie ending are as dark as the original intended ending before the show being canceled.
>>
>>22582855
>neither the TV show ending or the movie ending are as dark as the original intended ending before the show being canceled.
?
>>
>>22582846
Modern toymakers trying to make this design into a fully poseable action figure is quite a feat.

https://youtu.be/FEgE9elnMRc
>>
File: Space Warrior Baldios.jpg (314 KB, 723x1023)
314 KB
314 KB JPG
>>22582846
God what a cool design for a robot. I love the samurai look of it and the colors on it are perfect.
>>
>>22583141
Zambotgundam?
>>
File: baldidepression.png (195 KB, 1823x461)
195 KB
195 KB PNG
>>22582858
>he doesn't know
>>22585508
Baldios was made to surf on the mecha wave made by Gundam (Baldios was made by Toei trying to make their "big dramatic mecha anime", though it failed), leading to many "gundam-looking" robots. and the original Gundam had inspirations from Zambot for it's final design, so it make sense.
>>
>>22585640
>Baldios was made to surf on the mecha wave made by Gundam
It seems that you don't know.
>>
>>22585689
Gundam made an huge impact, yes mechas existed before and were popular but Gundam is fucking Gundam
>>
>>22585710
Yeah and Gundam Victory was made to surf on the mecha wave made by Evangelion, Sunrise was trying to make their "big depressing mecha anime".
>>
>>22585718
anon are you retarded, Victory was made years before EVA and Anno even said he was inspired by Victory (which is his favorite Gundam show)
>>
>>22585640
What a bunch of edgy faggots.
>>
>>22585640
Baldios is not Toei, it’s Ashi Productions. And it was in production before Gundam. This entire post has so much misinformation it must bait.
>>
>>22585739
A lot of writers that grew up in the aftermath of World War 2 were just like that.>>22585752
>>
File: 068.jpg (309 KB, 1280x1816)
309 KB
309 KB JPG
>>22585752
Baldios had a different face during pre-production. That's one of the easier things to change even if you're making a toy.
>>
>>22585870
Pretty much every titular robot gets design changes during production.
>>
>>22585804
>>22585870
>>22585930
And yet, Baldios came out at the awkward time when Gundam wasn’t a success at all. It aired roughly a few months after it ended and it would take a while for the Gundam boom to start. Why would they mimic a show that failed?
>>
https://youtube.com/shorts/GLG2P2qOtZA?si=ooqR1YPQzU6gBJT8
>>
>>22585953
The designer thought Okawara's facial designs were hot to trot.
>>
>>22585739
How are they being edgy & not (you)? A lot of old ass literature & mythologies were dark as fuck. Very based on actual reality too. Good guys never win in real life.
>>
>>22579332
I watched the first episode of Baldios and couldn't take any more. It felt like it had been originally written as a parody of space war anime and then directed as a serious tragedy. The combination didn't work at all.

>>22579335
Just look at that clip. The father makes the son escape alone when they both could have made it because of... stupidity, I guess. The father is the top scientist on the planet, by the way, and the villains in the military decided to kill him for a very stupid reason. This stupidity is endemic in the plot. The plot wouldn't even exist if the characters had half a brain.
>>
>>22590755
Yeah it's not a show for pseuds sadly.
>>
>>22590886
>pseud
>capable of basic logical thinking about the plot
Baldios doesn't even have a fast pace and flashy combat to make it watchable despite its flaws. It's supposed to be enjoyed on the basis of the narrative, but that narrative is a second-order idiot plot, delivered with deathly seriousness.
>>
>>22591015
>basic logical thinking
Like I said man, it's not for pseuds.
>>
>>22591232
Okay, here is an example from Episode 1:
>They have a council over what to do to avoid dying in 1 year.
>Kind of late to address the issue, but whatever.
>The military wants to make preparations to invade and conquer another planet.
>The scientists want to develop a machine to save their own planet.
>No reason why they couldn't do both at the same time.
>There is no overlap in personnel.
>If either team succeeds, they are saved.
>If both succeed, they rule over two planets.
>Yet none of the characters at the table thinks to suggest that.
>The hero included.

And by the way:
>No one even dreams that repairing the airlock could help.
>The hero included.
>Even though he just used the visibly leaky screeching airlock in the beginning of the episode.

I gather that you think this is good dramatic writing and the characters aren't being too dumb to live, or if they are, it's fine with you.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.