[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: dxm.jpg (846 KB, 1600x900)
846 KB
846 KB JPG
>>
>>22579478
I found it very boring
>>
>>22579478
Pretty much just anime Armoured Core. It's not bad at all, but it is not very original either and with AC6 around there is not much to say about it. Some cute girls tho.
The sequel is in development, I imagine they know they have to do something original now that they have very serious competition AND the genre is revitalised.
>>
Pretty good.
Mind you the content was exhausted years ago, back when it was a Switch exclusive, but if you don't mind a dead game it's still cool.
>>
>>22579478
It is the God Eater to Armored Core's Monster Hunter.
>>
>>22579478
It's alright. It's nothing special, it's not much more than the sum of its parts, but it plays competently and doesn't have anything directly infuriating to deal with, bar some really clumsy writing.
>>
Better than old armored cores, but not as good as 6. If you like armord cores, it's just another one, but off-brand.
I'm excited for the sequel.
>>
The story sucks, but the gameplay is pretty good. If you were disappointed by Darksoulsified Armored Core, give it a shot.
>>
>>22581512
Seconding this. This is more like AC lite unlike Armored Souls VI, which is still a decent game.
>>
File: EEPgt_gU0AEttT1.jpg (174 KB, 640x905)
174 KB
174 KB JPG
>>22579478
It was enjoyable for what it was and still is, a fun AC clone at a time where AC was well and truly dead.
Makes you wonder what they'll be doing for the sequel now AC's not dead anymore
>>
It is solid, a little lacking on parts, but a fun game with a couple of cool moments, plot and characters are full anime stuff.
>>
>>22581574
Cold beef, gross.
>>
>>22579478
For building, I'd go with MASS Builder. Gameplay is ok but a little bland and anime graphics automatically lower the overall value.
>>
>>22579478
Was my baby first AC-like game so I did enjoy it even tho I had no idea what I was doing most of the time I do remember it having some weird difficulty spikes like when Char and his two sidekicks called me to a meeting in an abandoned stadium and then the game expected me to casually take on the three of them; Game went from haha animu AC to methodically having to separate those three and take them one by one while keeping track of the others and the weapon ammo. Took a few trails but finally took Char down.... This particular mission still baffles me on how difficult it was when compared to the rest of the game. Then the final boos really threw me out of a loop to the point I had to check what build to take on the internets and it did comfirm that the final form does take people out of their comfort zone when they are not ready. Really need to replay this game bad.

>>22579486
>Mind you the content was exhausted years ago, back when it was a Switch exclusive, but if you don't mind a dead game it's still cool.
Only really played the campaign ONCE. What did I miss?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (98 KB, 1280x720)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>22582193
>difficulty spikes like when Char and his two sidekicks called me to a meeting in an abandoned stadium and then the game expected me to casually take on the three of them

The Char character in question did ask for you to come unarmed to the stadium in the mission briefing. And you didn't read/payed attention/assumed he was lying, did you?
Because if you do so as instructed (Gun Arms count as armed), he'll just talk to you. That's it. Pretty funny how the easiest mission in the game can turn into one of the hardest depending on how the player just presumes on how things will go.

>What did I miss?
Also similar to the the above, there is some choices on the story depending on certain actions on certain stages, somewhat minor stuff since it doesn't change the outcome that much. There is a couple of Co-op/MP exclusive bosses, Eclipse and Zeruchroar (pic), how are nearly impossible to defeat solo, and some missions, like exploration to find better gear.
>>
>>22582234
The real thing you miss out on though, for coming in so late?
The sense of discovery. It was a lot of fun prying into the game, seeing what stuff carried over from Armored Core, and just making sense of the absolute clusterfuck it throws you into. Day zero DXM was cryptic bullshit and I loved it.
>>
File: poster-DaemonXMachina.png (2.36 MB, 1488x1920)
2.36 MB
2.36 MB PNG
>>22582234
>And you didn't read/payed attention/assumed he was lying, did you?
No. Did come out of the Arsenal unar-
>Gun Arms count as armed
Oh... That explains it. The worst part is thay I keep on trying to talk to him by putting the Arsenal further away to see if it did have any effect and thus making it more and more difficult to escape them when they became agro. Then, on the third try (the second run out of ammo) did manage to defeat them and went on thinking it was a trap after all.

>>22582246
>The sense of discovery.
Really avoided guides until the last form of the last boss. Now I really want to replay it. Sad that the Exploration ones are no more. Is the gear in there that much better/impossible to find in the campaing? Then there is this thing that sort of "Discovered" by accident: While replaying the boss missions, just for fun, but also because the flying bomber/fortress thing did give me trouble so wanted to do better against it, noticed they give different rewards from time to time. Is that a thing as well?
>>
File: 20240415092513_1.jpg (272 KB, 1920x1080)
272 KB
272 KB JPG
>>22582308
>Sad that the Exploration ones are no more.
At least on PC they are still accessible by setting private rooms and setting the max player count to 1. Problem is, they don't scale to a solo player, unless you have really good gear and know what dangers tend to happen there, like the energy draining rooms and 3 enemy Arsenals that are worse than said Char mission. I didn't bother playing those much to get Radiant Gleam parts with slots, just enough to find a second Dainsleif so I could make a Arondight and get 100% on weapon collection.

>noticed they give different rewards from time to time. Is that a thing as well?
Colossal Immortals (said bosses) drop certain stuff the more you defeat them, mainly blueprints so you can make certain weapons, arguably the best weapons in the game excluding Exploration missions variants. For example: pic is my usual build, with the Mia Lepida sword on it's right pylon, you get it's blueprint by defeating Eclipse Ω enough times.

>>22582246
> seeing what stuff carried over from Armored Core
That is gonna be the opposite for me, seeing as I never played a Armored Core game yet. I plan to, but that might take some time, irl stuff and lots of games on my plate already.
>>
>>22582353
>olossal Immortals (said bosses) drop certain stuff the more you defeat them
Good to known.
>arguably the best weapons in the game excluding Exploration missions variants
ouch
>>
>>22581574
Anyone has that pic in a better resolution?
>>
>>22579478
No. We have armored core at home.
>>
>>22579478
The devs didn't get what made Armored Core fun to play
AC2 and further on all capture the feeling of overboost speed better than DxM, where it feels bland as hell and not like you're going fast
Mecha-feel handling is worse than in the hardlock AC6, even
Also can't customize the glow/visor colors, not bueno at all

Not too terrible tho, but little reason to play it when AC6 PvP is active and it has a working co-op and invasion mod that's in development
>>
>>22579478
It's expensive and even the sales are never cheap enough.
>>
>>22585546
>armored core
>overboost speed
>OBing
>ever
AhahAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHfaggot
>>
>>22585581
>t. seething bunny-hop-circling 'sawa/1000-round-machine-gun/missile-boat E-ranker
>>
>>22585584
Hey, you forgot midweight biped defaulting! If you're gonna call me out on my playing Armored Core in the missionary position, at least do it right!
>>
>>22585626
Yeah nah I know how fags go "actually I'm more of medium-light/medium-heavy pilot" and then bunnhyhop in reverse jointed AC for "smart" longer hops
>>
>>22579478
No, it's a dollar store brand armored core that no one has any reason to buy now that an actual modern armored core came out.
>>
>>22586071
Everyone knows midweight normal biped with fat gens is the only way to play.
>>
>>22581512
>>22581556
Neither of you actually played AC6 if you think it's Soulsified
>but muh healing kits
Don't be a nitpicky bitch about it
>>
>>22586112
This, AC6 is Frame Gride in disguise
>>
>>22579478
It was fun. I pre-ordered and played the shit out of it, including the demo. Its like what God Eater is to Monster Hunter.
>>22581512
>Darksoulsified
Look man, the stagger system sucked ass but that doesn't make it soulsfied.
>>
>>22579532
I sure hope you're no implying monster hunter is good
>>
>>22586077
>it's a dollar store brand armored core
SOLD
>>
>>22579478
better than AC6 lmao
>>
>>22579478
I liked it, but there's definitely room for improvement.
>>
>>22579478
DxM mogs ACVI for UI customization and dual melee weapons, Fromchuds on suicide watch
>>
>>22581574
>>22585422
Have this.
>>
>>22588911
ew cold beef
>>
File: GLdXIGIWUAE3iZb.png (1.05 MB, 838x708)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB PNG
>>22579482
>Pretty much just anime Armoured Core.
But Armored Core has always been anime.
>>
File: crimson lord.jpg (64 KB, 1280x720)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>22579478
>>22579532
>>22579563
>>22585546
It was trying to do all the things the previous Armored Cores were known for:
Factions
Faction Specific Missions
Factional Warfare

However, midway through development they realized that they couldn't truly achieve any of those goals so they retooled it into a basic looter shooter (and subsequently improved it via updates).

You can still see fragments of those factions in the game as all three supposed "factions" send letters acting as though you joined them, all 3 sent you faction-specific information and all 3 thank you for your supposed service before they were destroyed by late-game story reasons.

Which was a shame because the plot went into an interesting direction after the reveal.
All the AI enemies throughout the game have been trying to stop humans (their creators) from meeting the Dominator (humanity's creator), a super ancient machine.

Also, they managed to get Amuro and Char into the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkEA5LXh9a0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyrcT7OEg0E
>>
>>22589165
Bro I just like how all the merc groups have their own theme songs. Especially Panzer Crown, their theme's fucking sick.
>>
>>22589165
You forgot to mention this is all speculation on your part and was never outright confirmed as a development rework.
>>
>>22579478
So... It's the sequel coming to the switch or what?
>>
File: 1432806111143.png (8 KB, 438x499)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>can recolor robot
>can't recolor equipment
>>
>>22589245
Why do you think it was released early?
>>
>>22589103
I forgot, Is Regret also on the cold side as well? I know for sure the other two are but don't remember her to be like them as well.
>>
>>22592458
Regret is the chick from Terrors, anon. You’re thinking of Nemesis.
>>
>>22579478
the story was fucking ass. Which sucks cause it had a lot of good things going for it. First it's a hell lot more customizable than ac6, UI was customize city, and the co-op and the bosses were a great time. that said you don't get much color option, pvp was ass, weapon balance is garbage, and pilot mode, while cool, is rarely ever used.

I miss zeruchroar rooms. That was closest the game ever got to monster hunter with mechs. Like this is basically co-op armored core, and its great if you want a chill mech game.
>>
>>22593491
>pilot mode, while cool, is rarely ever used
Killed a Zeruchroar with it while being the last man standing of my team, the feature was worth it
>>
>>22593948
Zechroar rooms had a lot of idiots going at him in pilot mode. Atleast at one point someone left their mech still alive for me to use. Which brings me to another feature i like from this game. You can use somebody elses arsenals.
>>
>>22594005
It trashed my arsenal before me going desperate though, kek
>>
The story was almost unbearably braindead anime bullshit but I enjoyed the gameplay even though it could have done with a little more depth and polish. I wish there were more options for customization at least on the paint/decal front to really make the Arsenal uniquely yours.
>>
File: dxm_chara.png (306 KB, 1462x1300)
306 KB
306 KB PNG
>>22594728
>story was almost unbearably braindead anime
It was so silly off-the-wall that kind of enjoyed it for some reason.
>>
>>22592503
Oh. OK then.
>>
>>22588911
Cool girls and butt
>>
>>22579478
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJHd3MQh3WE
>>
>>22579478
Zoomers would call it "mid" since it isn't armored core, but it does the job. Plays pretty fast with mechas feeling weightless and zippy, alot of weapons and parts to used and make in the factory, story is shit, but you can skip it if it's that deal breaking.
>>
Basically everything other than the story is good. Character customization is great, which is really funny since you barely see your character and when you do they're an unrecognizable mess of cybernetics since all of the game's permanent upgrades are tied to augmenting your pilot and change them visually.
>>
>>22602592
>he didn't do a pure human run
You didn't beat the game
>>
>>22598610
well that was a nothing burger.
>>
>>22602592
>change them visually.
>spent the whole game staying human thinking something will happen
>LOL NOPE
I love this game but cmon man, that shouldve lead to another route or some shit.
>>
Modern From is shit and so was AC 6. Looking forward too the sequel
>>
>>22579482
This.

Its not bad but it also wasn't lighting the world on fire. Gameplay is very "fast", so if you are one of the peeps who likes his AC games with lots of weight to them, you'll feel betrayed. Also ironically, yes, this and AC6 kinda went in similiar design directions.ddkgm
>>
>>22579478

Fun gameplay.
Bad story.

I got a few multiplayer games going which was nice.
>>
>>22604188
>Bad story
The "story" is way, way too random to be called as such.
>>22603880
However, still looking forward to the game as well.
>>
File: Devastation.jpg (496 KB, 1920x1080)
496 KB
496 KB JPG
>>22579478
>>22598610
Wasn't the Switch already too taxed by this game? Is there enough power left to squezze a sequel in it?
>>
>>22608251
The story's just really, really undercooked. I'd call it unfinished, almost. It's like the skeleton of a story, but missing everything else. That being said the game itself is really fun, if unpolished. Both of those things are why I look forward to whatever sequel they're doing, if it's improved all-around I think it'll be really great.
>>
File: 69637879324.png (1.87 MB, 1917x1080)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB PNG
>>22579478
Decent enough I guess. Though pools of water in square rooms still set my heartrate up even over 2 years after I last played it. Funnily enough, it would be a complete nothingburger if I could consistently get even just 1 co-op partner.
>>
>>22603882
>Gameplay is very "fast"
They didn't really bother to make it exactly feel fast like even AC2 managed to
>>
>>22608257
It's clear the devs have the entire setting worked out behind the scenes, but the story DXM tells is one that keeps the player out of the loop as much as possible, and to me that always felt like a deliberate design choice.

Though, I still think ancient astronauts from Mars is wildly out of pocket even with how batshit thing get. But if Tsukuda wants to go solar like that then fine, I expect Titanic Scion to be about ayylmaos though!
>>
>>22579478
Clear me something before I go back to it. Does something ever "happens" in the hangar screen? That is to say, Is there a point going around the hangar (looking for something else to interact eith) other than to look at your Arsenal?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.