[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: turn a.jpg (109 KB, 700x520)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
I'm not a zoomer and I'm perfectly comfortable with my sexuality and political views. Will I like this? Western internet says that this anime is "very left" and "very gay" whatever it means.
>>
>>22580820
As long as you don't freak out at people crossdressing and the fact that gay and dark skinned people exist you should be fine. The biggest things that will determine if you like it is if you can read between the lines and whether you can appreciate the story focusing on trying to avoid anything major happening.
>>
File: qsdqsdsd.png (1.16 MB, 1094x615)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB PNG
Don't care about what other says and make your own opinion on the show.
Regardless, even if things are possibily not your political view, you can still like it.
I had friends IRL from both the left and right, the only ones who left are the real extremist.

I hate how divided the world has become. All with the rise of extremism in all communities, no matter what things are about.
>>
>>22580820
Don't worry, the fag in the story is a bad guy and a piece of shit. The rest of it is trannies projecting because the MC crossdresses in disguise once.
>>
Oh yes, it's very left and gay.
Always trust what you read on the internet, my dude.
>>
>>22580820
Turn A is anti war and about accepting those with different beliefs. How can it be Left?
>>
>>22580820
You should kill yourself for making this thread since you're almost dead anyways
>>
>>22580853
Because the Turn a LEFTS up cows
>>
Why do americans need peer reviewed opinions before consuming media? Do sheep not eat from a patch of grass that hasn't been touched by the cattle yet?
>>
>>22580861
Because Culture Wars have taken over 100% of our lives.
>>
>>22580861
I can understand if it's with friends and all, but when it's based on political stances, I just find that stupid...
>>
File: live elan reaction.png (652 KB, 1298x1080)
652 KB
652 KB PNG
>>22580861
Not just Americans, but the English-speaking internet culture in general. Personally I blame video essays and analysis of pop culture. Video essays have made people look way too deep for "meaning" in media, like there's something you need to learn and study about it. Every small detail, every little joke, and every piece of dialogue carries some meaning that should be worked towards an academic argument or a hypothesis of what the work stands for. It's basically working out the breast size of that Dragon Maid character, but with politics and done by amateurs. It's how you end up with opinions like "Lego Movie is about communism".
There's also the fact that people want media that affirms their worldview, like what >>22580842 said. People want a medium to affirm their worldview, and become afraid that their video essay brain will suddenly destroy it if what they consume has an opposite message.
>>
>>22580820
>Will I like
If you have to ask, no.
>>
>>22580861
Americans are afraid of accidentally watching something that doesn't jive with their viewpoint.
>>
>>22580861
Culture of grifting in the new gig economy.
>>
If you're so comfortable with your sexuality and political views, why do you care what others think?
If this is just a roundabout excuse to randomly (You) people and call them tranny kikes as it seems to be the fashion of the times, just fucking get to the point rather than wasting our time. This whole thread is a goddamn waste.
>>
>>22580820
>Will I like this
Yeah
>very left
Not in the modern Amerigolem sense you're thinking of
>very gay
There's one gay and the main character crossdresses a couple times while being entirely heterosexual
>>
File: Turn A Gundam watercolor.jpg (2.31 MB, 3000x2662)
2.31 MB
2.31 MB JPG
>>22580820
>Western internet says that this anime is "very left" and "very gay" whatever it means
Leftists and Gays just project unto any media they like, they basically just apply "death of the author" and twist it until they can get a reading out of it they like which often includes large amounts of cognitive dissonance. Feel free to do the same.
For example Turn A's conclusion has the two sides coexist and share the land. Terminally online leftists would call this colonialism because of the terrans, an "indigenous" population being forced to give up some of their land to the invading moonrace.

But also consider >>22580861
>>
>>22580820
I didn't know "be a good person" was a leftist thing. Makes sense though.
>>
>>22580820
Turn A actually has messages that will piss both sides off which is why I think it's so unpopular.

To the left:
>not everyone is born equal. Those born with higher abilities deserve every advantage to make the most out of them
>tradition holds society together and the old ways must be preserved
>some people are evil and violence is necessary against them

To the right:
>people who love conquering and fighting deserve to die
>sometimes traditions have to die off and progress can be a good thing
>gay and brown people exist. Accept it or be left behind
>>
>>22580861
>Americans
You mean all of Humanity? People tend to flock to what's already popular, after all. Even this place is kind of a circlejerk.
>>
>>22581143
>leftists aren't violent
>there are no gay or brown people in the right
Do leftards really believe this?
>>
>>22581166
Violent leftists and conservative gay black guys make up a tiny minority in their groups. I know you don't like leftists, gays or brown people but can you TRY to think with more than 1 braincell at a time or is that too liberal for you?
>>
>>22580820
>Will I like this?
You won't like anything. If you have to even ask you're the exact kind of retard who gets his opinions vetted before he even starts. Actually try watching things without asking permission first, you massive poser retard.
>>
>>22581181
>lefitsts aren't violent
those peaceful protests say otherwise
>>
File: 1601775626770.jpg (70 KB, 533x330)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>22581181
>Violent leftists make up a tiny minority in their groups
>>
>>22581143
>>people who love conquering and fighting deserve to die
The western right has historically been isolationist, especially in America where most 4chan users are from. It's always been the left that's been pro-interventionist. The reason why the term neo-con started becoming popularized around the late 90s, early 2000s was because of a shift in Republican politics to be conservative but also in favor of foreign intervention. The term exists to delineate more traditional conservatives from the new conservatives who are pro-intervention
>>
>>22581393
So you're just going to ignore the entire Cold War which saw the most foreign interventions and expansion of "spheres of influence" primarily under Republican presidents huh?
You're also going to ignore the actual two shifts in Republican politics being the 1960s, when they swapped moderates for Dixiecrats as well as the beginning of Nixon shredding the separation of church and state to court and promote Evangelical voters resulting in the 70s take over of the Republican party by Evangelical churches?
You're also just ignoring how it was the hippy commies that were the ones against interventions and foreign wars throughout the 1960s all the way up to the 1980s?
>>
>>22581363
You retards keep treating that 'mostly peaceful protest' thing like a meme, as if it wasn't just objective reality and most of the protests were peaceful.
>>
>>22580820
The main character has brown skin. You don't need more information than that.
>>
>>22581466
>he actually thinks they were mostly peaceful
lol
lmao
there's a reason no one wants to acknowledge them anymore
>>
Just started Turn A.
Am I supposed to have watched Nadia first? Or some kind of Ghibli movie? That's the feeling I'm getting seeing all these period details and the extremely androgynous MC.
>>
>>22581511
They were, retard.
>there's a reason no one wants to acknowledge them anymore
Because enough retards were bullshited into thinking they weren't, and also that they'd then have to acknowledge that they didn't actually do anything about what the protests were about.
>>
>>22581466
>You retards keep treating that 'mostly peaceful protest' thing like a meme, as if it wasn't just objective reality and most of the protests were peaceful.
Absolutely delusional.
>>
>>22581453
>So you're just going to ignore the entire Cold War which saw the most foreign interventions and expansion of "spheres of influence" primarily under Republican presidents huh?
No, you mean under democrats. Truman kickstarted the Cold War and post-WW2 interventionism even though the US had no reason to stay involved in global affairs, and his Truman Doctrine and Domino Theory affected policy for the rest of the 20th century. He was the one who intervened in Korea, Costa Rican civil war, the Chinese Civil War, and got the US involved in the middle east. He committed aid to the French in the French-Inodchina War, the policies and commitments of which would carry over to the Vietnam War, which LBJ pulled the US into. Did Eisenhower and Nixon carry on the policies of interventionist democrats? Yes. Were democrats the main drivers of Cold War interventionism? Yes, and Truman was the main architect of decades of policy to proceed him.

>You're also going to ignore the actual two shifts in Republican politics being the 1960s, when they swapped moderates for Dixiecrats as well as the beginning of Nixon shredding the separation of church and state to court and promote Evangelical voters resulting in the 70s take over of the Republican party by Evangelical churches?
The "swap" was basically white dixiecrats for blacks, who were already leaving the republican party. The Southern Strategy was a response to losing votes, not a conscious effort to swap voting bases. Anyway, dixiecrats were fundamentally focused on american race relations and states vs federal rights. They had nothing to do with interventionism, and neither did the Christian conservatives.

>You're also just ignoring how it was the hippy commies that were the ones against interventions and foreign wars throughout the 1960s all the way up to the 1980s?
Hippies ranged from commies to libertarians, it was a mixed group. And a lot of american communists were blatantly pro-soviet and pro-communist expansion
>>
>>22580853
No war but the class war was always a hard left slogan.
>>
Interventionism was fashionable at the time when you considered the myriad ways isolationist head-in-hole politics blew up in people's faces in the first half of the 20th century. Blue team was big on dicking around with other countries ostensibly to export the wonders of neoliberal free market Capitalism backed by democratic principles (but mostly the Capitalism part, it makes sense when you recognize that we were having a hissyfit over the idea of Communism spreading), but then again REDFOR was also big on the neoliberal free market stuff so really it's less that interventionism was a left or right thing but rather an economically expedient thing, which applied equally to the Communards.

In this incoherent ramble I just want people to understand the biggest lie fed to America is that liberal is interchangeable with leftist. Every fucking American is a neoliberal, there is no left vs right, the simple fact is that we are and have always been Federalist vs Antifederalist.
I will eat a shoe the day America has a labor party, and I'll gladly do it too.
>>
>>22581555
>Blue team was big on dicking around with other countries ostensibly to export the wonders of neoliberal free market Capitalism backed by democratic principles (but mostly the Capitalism part, it makes sense when you recognize that we were having a hissyfit over the idea of Communism spreading),
FDR and Truman were just anglo supremacists who wanted to protect colonial interests. That's why wherever Britain and France were, the US intervened.
>>
>>22581519
You are supposed to shut the fuck up and watch silently.
>>
>>22581555
>In this incoherent ramble I just want people to understand the biggest lie fed to America is that liberal is interchangeable with leftist. Every fucking American is a neoliberal, there is no left vs right, the simple fact is that we are and have always been Federalist vs Antifederalist.
>I will eat a shoe the day America has a labor party, and I'll gladly do it too.
Preach it.
>>
>>22581568
But there's a voice in my head telling me that I'm not enjoying it properly.
>>
>>22581143
>gay and brown people exist. Accept it or be left behind
You seem to have missed the entire point of Gwin. His homosexuality was absolutely pathological, not because of the homosexuality itself but because of his inability identify what his actual desires were. He didn't want "Laura", he wanted to BE a girly boy like Laura. Lily chews him out about this exact point at the end of the show.
Notice that once he abandons this, fully rejected by Loran in the finale, he finally becomes a man, shown by his getting a beard and going off on his own to find his own place in the world.
The message is not "gays are okay" the message is "don't pretend you love something just because you covet it."
>>
>>22580820
You won't like it because it isn't good. Ugly MS, ugly animation, bad story. First 15 or so episodes are good. Whenever they get to the Aztecs and the muscle woman is when it becomes horrible shit. Main cast of characters is good though.
>>
>>22580833
>trying to avoid anything major happening
Episode 27, midnight sun
>>
>>22580820
It's a Tomino anime. So I don't know what the fuck you heard that from. (Probably just made up to bait your thread)
>>
>>22581661
an interesting interpretation but completely baseless
he's a great example of bourgeois identity politics. He is gay and knows he's gay, but he flaunts his heir status whenever he can because it is a symbol of prestige and men lust for power. Class, prestige, power are the most important things that drive men within the gravitational pull of the bourgeois, Tomino is a writer in the Japanese postwar leftist literary school even if he is not ideologically Marxist (and he might very well be). The conversation between him and Lily make it clear that while he is gay, there must be a traditional man and woman in the relationship, someone must wear the dress and it won't be him, the heir. He's speaking of tops and bottoms. He sees Loran the way the Heims saw him, as "the help," a lower class person and bottom in all senses. He is anxious and fears above all losing his position as an elite, highly emphasized when he was told that his currency had no value when war swept across Inglessa.
His growing a beard is irrelevant to "finding his manhood." If it indicates anything other than his disappearance from the public arena, it would represent his clinging to his masculinity as the final vestiges of power, having lost everything in his multiple failed bids to power over the Earth sphere.
>>
>>22582422
Yknow the last thing we really needed was to consider the Marxist critical perspective on tops and bottoms.

No war but the ass war.
>>
Woah. Tomino is a Marxist!!! Just like my heckin' favorite streamers.
>>
>>22582422
>your analysis of actual character motivations doesn't count because my cult bible, which isn't ever referenced in the show, doesn't agree
You completely miss the actual story by trying to project your uncritical understanding of your "critical" frame onto it. Why do you think the first scene of Gwin has him surrounded with a massive amount of shirtless, muscular men?
>>
>>22582422
>>22582428
This is your brain on scientific materialism. Do not try it, kids.
>>
>>22582475
A great professor I had in college said "All weird interpretations about a story's 'hidden meanings' are bullshit unless the author actually said it in an interview". I think about his words a lot.
>>
>>22582475
>Why do you think the first scene of Gwin has him surrounded with a massive amount of shirtless, muscular men?
If you're not allowed to say out loud if someone is homosexual, then it means they aren't homosexual.
Suletta and Miorine are not married and they both love Guel. And you can't debate me because homosexuality is banned.
>>
>>22582493
Your professor was autistic. After a work is created any and all interpretations of that work are valid if they can be backed by some kind of rationale, regardless of whether or not the creator agrees. Even the creator of a creative work's own thoughts about the work are just, like, his opinion man.

Also OP you should be fucking ashamed of yourself for /pol/baiting instead of just having a nice thread about Turn A. I hate you
>>
>>22582493
Tell your professor that truecrit is for losers.
>>
>>22582422
>ideologically Marxist (and he might very well be)
Tomino explicitly rejected leftism after attending Japanese Communist Party marches and events
>>
>>22583062
He's a guy where I've heard him say some left wing stuff, but also some right wing stuff. I think he's just a real,person with nuanced takes and not some twitter-brained retard.
>>
What is up with this show's directing? There's a bunch of techniques I've seen from this that I only remember appearing in 00s and 10s shows. Plus at some points it just straight-up looks like an 00s show instead of the 80s look it's usually sporting.
>>
>>22583145
>techniques
Lol shut the fuck up.
>>
>>22583156
What else are you supposed to call them?
>>
>>22582493
Wise guy.
>>
So tiring. Feels like there's a discord server or Twitter denizens specifically targeting this place.
>>
File: file.jpg (186 KB, 1997x1368)
186 KB
186 KB JPG
>>22580846
>crossdress
>trannies jump out of their skin trying to groom you
its all so tiresome
>>
6 episodes into the show.
So how long does it take for Harry Ord to start showing a unique personality?
>>
>>22580842
One side has been convinced that it's life or death for them, the other side is aware of the history of it actually having been life or death for them in the past. It'll stop when trust and understanding prevail.
>>
>>22581143
>gay and brown people exist
This is nothing new. The aniti woke crowd hating on them due to oversaturation of western propaganda (which always existed in media anyway) is stupid. Even worst the people behind all of this propaganda are almost always white. Blacks typically don't care about "muh representation" so who the hell else does?
>>
>>22581466
According to which objective metrics those protests were peaceful? The cost of damages? The committed murders? The number of set on fire buildings in the capitol? Which all exceed J6 or whatever right wing violence media had cired about in the past 8 years?
>>
>>22583282
He'll always been queen's top bodyguard but he shows hints of his own desires and thoughts after the halfway point of the show, I think.
>>
>>22583188
I remember last month there clearly were some twitter denizens trying to promote some poll "tournament" on Twitter, clearly trying to get /m/ to raid it.
>>
>>22583726
Watched episode 7. I love that it's Loran in a dress that Harry's reaching out for in the OP.
>>
>>22583472
>Blacks typically don't care about "muh representation" so who the hell else does?
This isn't true, but I understand why you'd be desperate to believe it. Also,
>oversaturation of western propaganda
is wrong too. It's not propaganda, it's white Americans throwing up their hands after 250-ish years of Puritanism, realizing that they'd systematically destroyed their own chance of developing a distinct culture outside of larping Euroboos and weird poor German immigrant antics, and defaulting to basing everything going forward on black/Jewish/Native iconography because that was all that was left.
>>
>>22583745
That was my thread. I didn't want a raid, I wanted to raise vote turnout so that anyone but Suletta would win the poll. I'm not affiliated with any Discord server.
>>
>>22583472
It depends. I think everything is ultimately anecdotal when it comes to x member of y group liking or disliking representation.

I remember going to a comic book shop over a decade ago. Right when DC did their New 52 relaunch. A young, kinda dorky looking black kid was going off on the shopkeep about how much he HATED what they did to Mr. Terrific. For context, he's a black and somewhat conservative and straight-laced hero. He was given a bunch of tattoos and a new "from da hood" origin that pretty much no one liked. Said kid liked him because he was like the only black character that wasn't "urban" in some way or didn't have a backstory that invovled being a pimp or gang violence.
>>
>>22580820
If you're comfortable with your own beliefs then viewing something outside of that shouldn't bother you.
Watch it and rate it on it's own merits instead of retarded identity politics and party lines like they're the most all consuming force in your life.
>>
>>22583939
Representation is nuanced. It depends on the space. Black Americans embrace Black Panther even though he's an ultranationalist foreigner who runs a country where the populace has egos like West Indians on steroids, created by a white Jewish guy, because he's a strong black hero who represents pan-African interests on a meta level within the context of a mostly-white Marvel headliner line-up.
Same with Lion King (featuring literal non-human lions) within the context of a ridiculously white Disney canon back in the 90s.
I compare that to my experience with, say, black sitcoms from the 90s going forward. There are a lot more of them, and lot based on really dumb shuck-n-jive Amos-n-Andy humor, so I don't feel bad saying that I don't care for them and don't relate to them. The only time I've ever really felt represented in that space was Everybody Hates Chris (and the next major project the star was in, Dear White People), because they're the only times I've seen a nerdy, awkward, middle-class, fundamentally downbeat, (and, in the latter case, gay) black male character spotlighted. The vast, vast majority of other black characters seem tryhard or alien in some fashion. I've long accepted that media isn't interested in the kind of person I am and would rather pretend I don't exist.
Circling back, this is also why anyone with dark skin or even afrocentric features is fair game in Gundam for "representation". Sci-fi with black characters who aren't caricatures or feel like they're token (or who exist at all) are historically hard to come by. Gundam seems to do it naturally and consistently, though. There were a number of Black Weeb Twitter tweets when Chuchu was introduced in G-Witch. She's lily-white, but the fact that she had afro puffs, comes from a struggle background with strong family bonds, and was ready to throw hands made her relatable (for better or worse). Also Suletta with her brown skin and nappy-headed father.
>>
>>22583939
Not all representation is intrinsically good. Propping up stereotypes is one of the most infuriating manifestations of representation's capability for negative outcomes, for example.
I mean for fuck's sake name one work of fiction involving a Jew who isn't implicitly an Ashkenazi. Even the goddamned antisemitic shit is all steeped in stuff that specifically calls out the Ashkenazi like there's no other kind of Jew. Some fucking diaspora if they all scattered to Eastern fucking Europe. Childhood me was blown away seeing the Rugrats do a Hannukah Special but fuck me you know the Olds who show up in that episode are absolute alter kocker Yids.

Sage for offtopic judenrant.
>>
>>22583145
Tomino was always a forward-thinker.
>>
15 episodes in. Was that an MSV or a GM II that Will Game was piloting?
>>
>>22583717
>According to which objective metrics those protests were peaceful?
This one.
>>
>>22580820
It's ok. Tomino went downhill after Victory Gundam though
>>
>>22586053
The GM cannon thing isn't from anything else, it just looks similar to a GM cannon.
>>
>>22586246
I care about the characters in Turn A ten times moe than I did the Victory cast.
>>
>>22580820
the left didn't exist when this was made.
so no mental illnesses and pandering in it.
>>
>>22586263
So it's an MSV unique to Turn A. Where's the original GM Cannon from?
>>
>>22580842
Guin Lineford doesn't look that nice as La Gu
>>
Is in Lineford or Rhineford? I'm getting the feeling that Trails of Coldsteel stole the name "Reinford" from this show.
>>
>>22580994
Based and true
>>
>>22581102
>leftists
Everyone does this. Even you. Even me.
>>
>>22589625
No, I'm better than them. We're better than them. We believe in nothing but self-satisfaction and might making right, and nothing makes us happier than to believe us superior to those we oppose.
>>
>>22589170
Gundam MSV, though I think it appeared in the movies?
>>
>>22590037
The movies and the TV series. During the AEUG drop operation to attack Jaburo, a bunch of old MSV designs are shown fighting as Jaburo's defense force.
>>
>protecting the Lunar monarchy and re-establish the EFSF is "very-left"
Holy shit, internet leftoid.

Turn A Gundam is unironically 100% right wing, like Tenno Heika banzai tier.
>>
>>22590037
>>22590071
The movies also end up adding a few more random MS/MA that weren't in the TV series.
>>
Loran is tr∀ns.
>>
>>22589175
Guin with Gym's voice?
>>
>>22590075
>Tenno Heika banzai
>Loran explicitly refutes Gym's Darwinian logic
>successfully prevents another descent into war, defying the Turn A's history by using it as something that can save people and bring peace
>the samurai-esque Ghinghnham Fleet characters are clearly depicted as actively ignorant for thinking the Dark History was glorious
>Sophie, who developed into being one of the biggest sabre rattlers of the protagonist, gets the saddest ending
>everyone else moves on into peaceful lives, even Guin and Merrybell

Did you even watch the show?
>>
therz no such thing as very left in japan boy.
>>
>>22581466
the background of that meme was an ongoing mass arson & murder event, you dingleberry
>>
>>22590106
Trans-Am Turn A
>>
>>22590370
Yet the Lunar Monarchy lives.
Yet the EFSF is gradually being rebuilt.

This means the Right wing end can mean peace and quiet for everyone, you just have to trust the Lunar Princess (tm).
>>
>>22590441
You're really stretching for this.
>>
>>22589185
Hint: Rean no Tsubasa
>>
>>22590370
>>Loran explicitly refutes Gym's Darwinian logic
What does that have to do with Tenno Heika?

>>successfully prevents another descent into war, defying the Turn A's history by using it as something that can save people and bring peace
It was a war. By your logic the Gryps Conflict, Operation Stardust, and the Neo Zeon civil war weren't wars either. Turn A didn't prevent anything any more than any other Gundam show did. It didn't solve anything and they were already planning a sequel in the early 2000s about a wider spread conflict.

>>the samurai-esque Ghinghnham Fleet characters are clearly depicted as actively ignorant for thinking the Dark History was glorious
The samurais were put down by the Imperial government in favor of the Emperor during the Meiji Restoration. The Imperial government reform that restored the Emperor to power was literally what wiped out the Samurai as a political class and the military reforms that created a national military made them obsolete as warriors. Turn A references the struggles between the centralized (imperial or in this monarchical) government and de facto samurai warlords as much as it references the growing divide between the emperor and military during WW2.

>>Sophie, who developed into being one of the biggest sabre rattlers of the protagonist, gets the saddest ending
Cope. Diana was clearly dying

>>everyone else moves on into peaceful lives, even Guin and Merrybell
Nope. The planned sequel was going to see the cast involved in a conflict overseas. The idea that Turn A found world peace is one of the strangest head canons in the "fanbase" since that was never the plan by the people who made it and the show doesn't claim to either. It's a complete misreading of the show
>>
>>22589083
Turn A is from before the French Revolution? Damn, wasn't expecting that
>>
>>22590976
Being a liberal is considered right wing today
>>
>>22590071
So it's an original-run MSV that cameo'd in Zeta and then got a redesign in Turn A. Did it also show up in ANT Zeta?
>>
File: D4UsVwaWkAAQ5qd.jpg (156 KB, 1440x1080)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
I worry that Turn A is one prominent video essay away from getting bandwagoned by twitter normies who got into Gundam via G Witch and soon I won't be able to talk about my favorite show without people instantly assuming I'm a tranny
>>
>>22593542
>giving a shit what idiots think
>>
>>22593542
i think you should kill yourself dilbert
>>
>>22580820
very left and gay?
huh?
>>
>>22593542
>bandwagoned by twitter normies who got into Gundam via G Witch
It's way too late for that
>>
>>22593542
Nobody makes anime video essays anymore. They all died out when Digibrony went full retard.
>>
>>22594223
I still consume video essays in the background and never listened to digibro, I haven't heard of him in years, I just know he trooned out in between that period
>>
People here can watch literal communist propaganda and come out not getting any of it
It's a robot show with pretty brown boys, ie an mecha anime, just fucking get over yourself you probably won't notice anything
>>
>>22580820
>left and gay
>the black gay is a villain
>the black protag is 100% hetero and resists his advances, asserting that he is straight even when being forced to cross dress by the black gay villain
>the black protag is also 100% subservient to the white queen and is also happy to work on a plantation for a white family
>>
>>22586053
Nope. It was a unique MS.
>>
>>22593557
While I agree, the issue with this is that unfortunately idiots are often loud which causes them to be heard by the studios/companies in control of this stuff which causes them to cater to those idiots.
>>
>>22594266
Are there any good ones, or are they all low-powerlevel randies who are trying to convince themselves what they watched was totally different from the rest of the shows they watch?
>>
>>22594266
I feel fucking bad for him. He got brainraped by his friends.
>>
>>22594350
They're a mine family not a plantation family, there are subtle differences.
>>
>>22580820
I don't know maybe?

There's a dude in it that everyone insists is a faggot, I think even the creators said he's a gay, but they did a pisspoor job of showing it. He comes off as obsessive and people make fun of him in a, "if you talk about him so much then WHY DON'T YOU GET MARRIED harharharhar". Then at the end they pair him off with a chick. He's not gay, just another autismo in the world of gundam.
>>
>>2258082

the western internet by default is very white. Depending on which section of the internet, you can get a very white take (both far left and far right)
They tend to be populist and extremist. It is either a very gay/very woke version of left or a very fascistic/nazi woke version of right. Rarely you get a nuance opinion about anything anymore if you read internet comment sections. If you see that take, most likely the user who commented is likely a far right person.
their default take is anti woke / anti SJW and basically will attribute anything that is not white/straight/christian as globohomo/globalist/far left/gay/jew conspiracy that will try to force diversity to white westerner so they are more accepting to lgbtq/colored/nonwhite people and they afraid that the more colored people coming to white country it will destroy their identity as they think the demographic is destiny. So national character will change if nonwhites becomes majority.

Dont have anything to comment about turn A. But I figure out this is basically a perfect thread for me to explain these western internet ecosystem.
>>
>>22594629
>He got brainraped by his friends.
No, I feel like Digi just hit some kind of ennui where he couldn't enjoy anything anymore, and it also didn't help that he made the classic mistake of turning his hobby into his sole career. So he just went full self-destructive retard and alienated himself from everybody when he announced himself as a pedophile.

I don't see him trooning out as the issue, I see it as just another symptom of the issue.
>>
Finished watching Turn A. Pretty damn good, though it felt like the best stuff was the switcharoo shenanigans and the other assorted lighthearted episodes.
Feels like a missed opportunity that we don't get a more detailed wrapup for the cast, though.
>>
Just found out that Guin was gay and calls Loran "Laura" because he's a creepazoid leering at a teenage boy.
Man, I wish they could've stated that outright.
>>
>>22597556
It wasn't exactly subtle.
>>
>>22597556
it's more creepy when it's less straightforward
>>
>>22597574
I didn't get it though. I was expecting "Laura" to be setup for some kind of twist involving reincarnation or hidden pasts, just like I was expecting Dianna and Kihel looking identical not to be a coincidence. Also I just hate people not being explicit with their intent in general and wish indirect language was a crime punishable by death.
>>
File: 1012861[1].jpg (70 KB, 640x480)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>22597586
>>
>>22597591
Where is the joke Dobson
>>
>>22594627
GaiaGaiyus is the only good one. He actually talks about obscure stuff and comes up with lots of fan theories rather than just regurgitate production histories.
>>
>>22597665
Dude's whole channel is "Hey have you ever read Gaia Gear?"
>>
>>22596334
>he couldn't enjoy anything anymore
Never did. All those video essay and review fags only liked anime ironically because they realized they could grift weebs and nerds by parroting popular opinions, like SAO le bad for example. That's how leftists infiltrate hobbies and farm clout before going masks off, full retard and trying to promote retarded beliefs. Thots do the same thing. Put a few flavor of month prize figures in the background and reacts to a few popular scenes from the flavor of the month and suddenly every thirsty idiot ironically believes a caked up stacy that just spend 2 hours doing make up for a video actually enjoys anime like them, so the nerds sub to their onlyfans and get swindled out of their meager money.
>>
>>22597881
I don't think that's a bad thing since only 1 book is in English right now.
>>22597891
>Never did. All those video essay and review fags only liked anime ironically because they realized they could grift weebs and nerds by parroting popular opinions, like SAO le bad for example.
That wasn't a popular opinion when Digibro made the SAO analysis video. That video was actually pretty contrarian for its time. But I'm glad that /a/ elitist genre seems to be dying out; they were boring anyway. Why watch someone talk about how much of an anime master they are for 20+ minutes when you could watch an anime episode or two in that time?
>>
>>22590912
I think you're assuming a little bit about what I said.

>By your logic the Gryps Conflict, Operation Stardust, and the Neo Zeon civil war weren't wars either.
Those were all out wars with complete mobilization and massive atrocities. Turn A's conflict is much more about avoiding that final precipice into the same legacy of war the conflicts already existed in. I'm not sure where it's suggested it's superlative compared to other Gundams, they all fought to stop conflict, yes.

>Turn A references the struggles between the centralized (imperial or in this monarchical) government and de facto samurai warlords as much as it references the growing divide between the emperor and military during WW2.
While there are certainly comparisons that can be made, the character of Dianna and the loyalists are of an absolutely completely different character than Imperial Japan.

>Cope. Diana was clearly dying
Well, yes, people... die. But she's dying on Earth in peace, with Loran, her pseudo-knightly guardian, and confident she actively took responsibility in her position and is leaving things in good hands.

>The idea that Turn A found world peace is one of the strangest head canons in the "fanbase" since that was never the plan by the people who made it and the show doesn't claim to either.
Forever world peace and the characters involved in the story finding peace are completely different things.
>>
>>22597556
>autism
Anon, normal people don't just walk up to each other and announce their feelings.

It also just wasn't really that subtle. He actively, regularly refers to a boy by a girl's name. The fact that it's creepy and inappropriate is precisely why he isn't more direct.
>>
>>22597891
Mad At The Internet.
>>
Turn A is the most aesthetic Gundam show. The post-post apocalyptic rural setting makes the environmental destruction more impactful and Loran manages to play a pacifist without coming off as unreasonable or hypocritical.
>>
>>22580820
Jesus Christ the snowflake shit going on here.
>>
>>22580820
It doesn't sound like you're comfortable at all if you have to ask, anon. Thinking about media only in terms of whether it affirms your existing political beliefs has destroyed both your ability to think critically about media and your ability to enjoy it. You are a braindead sheep incapable of personal growth or a sense of taste, so frightened of consuming any media that might label you cringe among your peer group that you need dozens of anons to tell you what to think.

Tl;dr: either watch the show or fuck off.
>>
File: 1695905298853.png (42 KB, 664x613)
42 KB
42 KB PNG
>>22582422
>Tomino is a writer in the Japanese postwar leftist literary school
Leftists are just roundly absolutely retarded about Tomino. There's like interview after interview of him describing how he didn't understand any of that shit at all
>>
>>22597556
I always thought it was super funny how people are like " Tomino fought to include homosexuals in Turn A " and the character is just a walking stereotype of faggots being backstabbing pervert creeps lol
>>
>>22580820
Turn A is okay, but Victory Gundam is much better imo
>>
>>22600184
This is still the same guy who wrote Anaheim to be a Jewish conspiracy and let Uso say a woman's purpose is to die in childbirth.
>>
>>22580820
You can avoid this if you aren't on twitter
>>
>>22601439
What's wrong with Twitter? Bandai uses it for Gundam announcements
>>
>>22601578
It's not 4chan.
>>
>>22580820
OP, you never need to preface a post with a disclaimer. Dicks on 4chan are going to shit on your regardless.
>>
>>22601344
You're overliteralizing both statements.
>>
>>22601991
If I don't literalize it, then it becomes purple prose.
>>
>>22600184
And he wants to groom and gaslight an underage boy into becoming his tranny bride because of a fetish he just discovered.
>>
File: 1589817906876.jpg (447 KB, 2000x1075)
447 KB
447 KB JPG
Peak mecha
Loran should've ended up with Sochie
>>
This thread is fucking trash and I hope everyone involved with it dies. /m/ is dead
>>
>>22602294
That's pretty probably what he meant by " pervert creep "

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.