[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1703851290518528.jpg (336 KB, 1700x2405)
336 KB
336 KB JPG
Like A Ninja Edition
>New Player Guide
https://pastebin.com/5xEAybEC
>Artbooks, music and emulation resources
https://pastebin.com/jxij0dxe
>the link for the ACV xenia tutorial
https://pastes.io/s7kp1uu925
>ACVD-friendly xenia link
https://dropmefiles.com/PS3lr
>pre setup emulator and dlc pack for ACVD rpcs3
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1izfMwvXnqpKE53hplyEH_xHHM4BuuN0V/view
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CIgmk7L_mIen9aQHwEqP1_8DMyQUSmPU/view
>models for all the gen 1 parts
https://mega.nz/folder/ZzF2zTgC#9GA7XuSi3K3utTbp4hBlkA
>Website
https://www.armoredcore.net/
>Steam Page
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1888160/ARMORED_CORE_VI_FIRES_OF_RUBICON/
>Emblem editor decals
https://files.catbox.moe/lwp114.png
>AC6 Part Spreadsheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YLPD_x-NSLkOPQJUR-WHoHipE4UI01Nz

Other News:
>Latest Patch (1.06/1.06.1)
https://www.bandainamcoent.com/news/armored-core-vi-fires-of-rubicon-patch-notes-v-1-06
https://en.bandainamcoent.eu/armored-core/news/armored-core-vi-fires-of-rubicon-regulation-update-notes-1061
>Ranked Match Season Reset
https://en.bandainamcoent.eu/armored-core/news/armored-core-vi-fires-of-rubicon-ranked-match-season-update-notice
>3D Modeling in AC6
https://cgworld.jp/article/202402-cgw305-ac6.html
https://cgworld.jp/article/202402-cgw305-ac6b.html

●Set matching to global for lobbies and use keyword acg to play with each other!

Previous Thread: >>22566098
>>
kek fucking retard
>>
File: 1712766307444287.jpg (2.01 MB, 3952x2344)
2.01 MB
2.01 MB JPG
>>22581978
https://shindanmaker.com/1202792
ACVI random assembly generator
>>
How do i salvage this?
>>
ninja acg ninja acg
>>
>>22582943
>zimmerape
>cringer lance
>melander parts on a ,god help me, arquebus core
Sorry senpai, to the work camp with you
>>
>>22582943
Is this pve or pvp? Or something that can do both?
>>
>>22583124
Both.
I am only closing to the end of the first playthrough though.
>>
>>22583134
Honestly you should focus on the pve bit first. Though I am curious what do you need salvaging from this? It seems to be a solid dmg burst at least from what I can tell. Like even nerfed, zimmermans still net you ease of kills.
>>
>>22583146
I was thinking on something to put on shoulder to punish staggered enemies.
also i have no idea what to put on thrusters, generator and FCS
>>
>>22583109
>melander parts on a ,god help me, arquebus core
Based and freudpilled
>>
>>22583147
Try changing the MORLEY to an EARSHOT.
Also do you have the ALBA or HAL826 frames? For generators try either HOKUSHI, SAN TAI or MING TAI. FCS try the ABBOT or TALBOT. If you got the WLT001 FCS then try that as well if you don't mind the high en consumption. For boosters try the FLUEGEL or BST-G2/P06SPD. I would also say do NGI 001 but I don't know if you have that.
>>
>>22583172
>do you have the ALBA or HAL826 frames
anon those are post first playthrough parts
>>
>>22583174
Right forgot. But don't you get the ALBA after that mission?
>>
>>22582943
For pvp optimization:
Laser lance is unreliable because of netcode since sometimes it just doesn't latch to enemies when it should and as zimmermonkey you want something you can punish with when you stagger. Plasma Blade, Laser slicer, HMMR, coral oscillator or ML-REDSHIFT. Plasma blade is pretty good since it does big damage, doesn't have a gimmick, and is usable in non-stagger unlike slicer/hmmr/baton/bunker/saw.
Switch the arms for BASHO and your FCS to OCELLUS. Melander c3 have good fire arm spec which is completely wasted as a double zimmer monkey since high FCS stats overpower poor firearm spec. Bashos are light, low EN, high AP, give bonus melee damage and zimmers basically don't use firearm stats. Otherwise use some other high AP low firearm spec with whatever high close range FCS you have.
Wrecker legs can stay if you like them but they are really en heavy, would replace them with VP-422/Melander/HAL if you want to stay midweight.
Gills are kinda shit since they have nothing but QB reload and are really bad when to comes to actually dodging so you going to burn through more EN than other boosters to dodge AOE, and more boosting = less damage. Burzels with extensive assault boost use was the zimmer rushdown boosters of choice since you can chase/disengage on your terms but P-10s are what's popular in the top 100 now.
Since you don't use energy weapons SAN-TAI would be slightly better in almost everyway of the 20C. However 20C would let you do something like a laser dagger/slicer + WUEGER combo.

For PvE, use what you want for weapons since situations other than ac 1v1s exist and netcode issues aren't a thing.
>>
File: muhbusty.png (2.22 MB, 1920x1080)
2.22 MB
2.22 MB PNG
>>22582201
>>
>>22583181
Amendment, I am retarded and meant pulse blade and not plasma blade.
>>
>>22582943
>>22583134
>>22583181
>for PvE
>2x close range burst damage weapon
>close range burst damage weapon
>melee burst damage weapon
It's hopeless. Missions with tons of MTs are going to be a huge pain. Balam would shit on you.
A single CURTIS or HARRIS would completely fix any and all problems with small targets, ideally in the right hand so you can fire a charged shot directly into melee on the stagger.

>>22583147
>punish staggered enemies
That's literally the purpose of melee weapons, and if this doesn't work for you, you're plain and simple using it wrong. Get close BEFORE your target is about to get staggered. Assault boost exists for a reason. Hard lock auto aims it into the target. Swap to your melee just before the target is staggered, which should be easy if you're using a CURTIS or HARRIS charged shot in the right hand.
I wouldn't call that kind of weapon loadout optimal for PVP, but it definitely works. HARRIS is good in co-op mod, because it's a reasonably powerful stagger punish from range, but also generates stagger for your other weapons to go for the kill. While also being one of the best PVE trash clear weapons.
>i have no idea what to put on thrusters, generator and FCS
Can you read? Try not ADHD spazzing out for 10 minutes and actually sitting down and reading and understanding the extended stats of your thrusters, FCS, and generator. A lot of them are self-explanatory on what their supposed role is.
>>
Which plasma rifle is best to put on a lightweight AC for some fun?
>>
>>22583390
Why Karasawa of course
>>
>>22583602
That's like... the heaviest weapon in the game...
>>
I'd be...30% better at this game if kicking didn't exist, and I wasn't hopeless at it. How the FUCK do you niggers keep landing kicks while I reliably miss them or run out of energy?
>>
>>22583730
Don't tell me you are kicking in softlock...
>>
>>22583730
>run out of energy
look at this retard using generators below 3k capacity and meme cores with longer than 1.5s recharge delay.
>>
I wish the escape mission had a UI that looked like it was on an older OS
Or the OSs having different UIs in general.
Or customizing your UIs.
>>
holy fuck I'm doing all my S ranks at the moment and just won Attack the Fueling Base by pile bunking both Ekdromoi in at the same time as Walter told me to take them out one at a time.
I feel like Shadow the Hedgehog or some shot
>>
File: file.png (3.79 MB, 1836x1466)
3.79 MB
3.79 MB PNG
Aaaand done. Game was very very good. Ironically Iguazu took me a surprisingly few attempts for the S rank.
This is my standard build for FRANKENSTORM.
>>
>>22583847
>Or customizing your UIs.
yes, this should have been a thing
>>
File: 123475452121524.png (191 KB, 620x1312)
191 KB
191 KB PNG
she won
>>
>>22584022
Won what?
>>
File: angry bee attacks.webm (3.92 MB, 854x480)
3.92 MB
3.92 MB WEBM
Yes, I am only C rank, how can you tell?
>>
>>22584039
rabenbowl
>>
>>22584204
>Implying there was a bowl
Is not like there was other coral waveform wanting to get into 621 brain.
>>
>>22584289
everyone on rubicon wanted a piece of raben
>>
>>22584310
A different kind of cut, no the same one as Ayre.
>>
File: 20240416115844_1.jpg (413 KB, 1920x1080)
413 KB
413 KB JPG
Finally doing Ayre's route, and I just defeated Snail. Omg the end of that fight was so close. We were both hugging each other in the back left corner of the arena, and I panic used my electric armor explosion expansion. It's what finished him off. He was firing some sort of aoe move at me as well at the same time, so it was extremely close for me to die as well, as you can see from the picture. Sorry for typing weird, but this fight was actually very difficult for me, and the ending of it was so frantic & close that I had my spirit knocked out of me. I'm shaking from head to foot, it's been a minute since a video game fight was that close to affect me.
>>
>Melander c3 parts after depths 2
So you don't only bet the everloving shit out of Iguana but he's the only opponen where you go extra mile to steal his entire AC while at it

holy shit
>>
>>22584367
His AC isn't even good.
>>
File: random ac.jpg (3.09 MB, 4008x3376)
3.09 MB
3.09 MB JPG
>>22582201
I messed around with random generated builds and it's really not as fun as I thought it'd be. They play surprisingly similarly.
>>
Barbaroi's red paint scheme as well as emphasis on speed may be a reference to the Gundam series' Char Aznable and his red Zaku, it may also be a reference to 'The Red AC' that makes an appearance in Armored Core 1 and Armored Core Nexus, who was similar, in that neither seemed to have an alliance with a major faction.
>>
File: 20240411200523_1.jpg (280 KB, 1920x1080)
280 KB
280 KB JPG
>>22583945
Nice robuttnik. Curious how a single chancheng holds up for you.
>>22584328
Nice. Took me many retries to get snailteus down. But after the initial run the guy is one of those fights you come back to because it's so damn fun.
>>
File: ORCA.png (18 KB, 380x380)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
the stars on ORCA's flag are the constellation Ares, Ares is symbolized by a ram. Orcas and Rams headbutt and crash into things.
Their banner design is the belly of an Orca and the banner of an executioner.
>>
>>22584666
usually the gun turned out pretty well. I switched between that and the first plasma rifle, the one with lots of ammo
>>
>>22584595
There's a lot of stupid trivia on the AC wiki. This is one of them.
>>
>>22584374
It’s got a cool head, though.
>>
>>22584801
They never put any real trivia in there.
>>
File: ORCA Flag.png (79 KB, 593x489)
79 KB
79 KB PNG
>>22584675
It's not Aries, it's Cassiopeia. The ORCA banner is supposed to have 5 stars representing the 5 original Lynx of the group (Thermidor, Neo Nidus, Julius Emery, Shinkai, and Malzel), but one is missing to symbolize the temporary absence of Thermidor. I never bothered to figure out which constellation it was, but I looked it up and it seems only Cassiopeia has 5. I took the time to overlay the constellation with the ORCA banner for your convenience.
>>
For a full set, is Melander C3 just flat out the best AC in the game? It’s got amazing stats in everything, is incredibly lightweight and one of the only cores that can use the Ling-Tai (Poorly because that gen is a meme that sucks), and its only real downside is the relatively low carrying capacity. Plus if you want to meme and you preordered you can even say it’s 621’s canon Redguns AC.
>>
I'm new to the game. Is there a generator better than the San Tai, or should I just give up trying to build anything around any other gen?
>>
>>22584948
VP-20C is the best all around gen in the game, and the Hokushi which I think is NG+ iirc is on par with it depending on the build. There’s also a hidden generator that’s really good in exchange for the longest regen time out of all of them.
>>
File: file.png (10 KB, 760x59)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
I'm trying to emulate AC4 on rpcs3, as soon as I complete the tutorial the game hangs and pic related is what the emulator tells me. Happens with both the emulator version in the op and the latest, same settings
>>
>>22584939
>full set
HAL core has extremely good stats, if poor stability. Legs are very good. Arms are fine. Head has good stats and the third highest recovery iirc. Full HAL is literally fine in PVP.
Full Snail may be fat as fuck, but even without customizing it at all, OPEN FAITH with the lasers instead of stun guns is a good PVP build. You get loads of AP, stability, and one of the highest energy defense stats possible.
I'd say both are better than either MELANDER, but both are actually pretty good.

>>22584948
Read, nigga, read.
Seriously, read the generators' stats and understand what they do. Then read your cores' stats and understand what those do.
SAN-TAI is specifically optimal on ACs that use a lot of energy very quickly, and are able to land and quickly recover. A core with fast recovery is absolutely mandatory, and so is having >3k, ideally >4k energy regen, but even more is even better since it lets you regen half-decently without having to touch the ground. If you're running some meme core like FIRMEZA, and also extremely drainy parts for some idiotic reason, putting you at 2k regen at 1.8s recovery or something stupid like that, SAN-TAI is useless.

You don't put SAN-TAI on everything, you put the appropriate generator and appropriate core for your legs + weapons choice. However, I would say that, in general, optimizing for energy economy is not only good, but basically optimal. The more energy you have, the better you are at fighting just about everything, if you know even basic movement techs. In many cases, a light AC that saves weight on generator would probably perform better by just shoving a SAN-TAI into it, weight be damned.
>>
>>22585050
Try xenia.
>>
>>22585061
Fair points! I still think MELANDER C3 is probably the best looking grunty set in the game though, the boxy look gives a nice mass produced feel while also remaining advanced enough to be an Ace model sorta look. What sets would you say are the absolute worst, not counting the meme that is JAILBREAK?
>>
>>22585158
Kinda hard to say, because all the complete sets have some useful strengths. I'd have to actually go in game and try to build for them, since I imagine the most awkwardness is going to come from arms forcing certain weapon choices, or core/weight restraints making generator choice awkward.
WRECKER has useless arms, so it's probably hard to make anything non-missile great, but it's really heavy and surprisingly drainy for that.
FULL COURSE has excellent energy economy and good stability, but is too heavy. Probably fine as a DPS race fatty though.
FIRMEZA suffers a lot from having an awful core.
>>
>>22585182
>WRECKER has useless arms
It's for chainguns paired with ocellus.
>>
>>22585207
In theory. In practice, nothing, not even WRECKER arms, can handle chaingun recoil. Not even a single one. You either shove it into your target's ass, or you practice such strict trigger discipline that the DPS drops through the floor and you're better off using literally any other gun.
>>
which gen has the most FUN pvp
>>
What do you think of SHOOTING STAR
>>
File: SHOOTING_STAR.png (3.4 MB, 1920x1080)
3.4 MB
3.4 MB PNG
>>22585330
I flew too fast and forgot my picture
>>
>>22585330
>>22585342
Aren't the Arquebus arms better for melee and just as light? Besides, you're a close range stagger rush, might as well complete the BVO unga bunga even if it's not meta anymore. Use a real head, KASUAR is light and has good stats. 1300 stability is a joke and you will die even to missile builds landing a kick on you, why are you RJ in the first place? ALULA with RJ also doesn't make much sense, if you're going ultralight for the speed meme, you can just go SPD, or ALULA + NACHTREIHER legs.

Lightweight stagger rush was never particularly good for a lack of stability. Stabilitymaxxed medium-heavyweights are much better for it. Lightweights work best for mid-long-range kiting, whether airborne or NACHT leg ground hopping, where you want completely different weapons.

Also I don't respect the 4-cell shoulder missile.

Base paintjob looks a little too saturated on majority parts. Garish bright colors work well as accents, not something that makes up a third of your AC, and ideally in contrast to darker or otherwise muted colors, not aggressively bright aluminum. I also feel like painting your entire AC in just 2 colors and using the same color scheme on every part including weapons, is a little boring, but that's personal preference I guess.
The desaturated purple accents are great, I'd start by swapping that color with the bright purple and working from there. Could definitely use decals, but that's obviously not worth the effort before finalizing the actual parts.
>>
>>22585309
ACVD probably
>>
File: AC3_Corps_Bizarro.png (343 KB, 960x960)
343 KB
343 KB PNG
What AC parts would these corporations make?
>>
>>22585363
please kill yourself
>>
>>22585309
>>22585349
VD is fun until you/your opponent engages in shield-play brainrot.
>>
>>22582943
O kurwa
Paint it white and red
>>
>>22581978
Is having 2 melee weapons through a shoulder swap as useful as freaking fun it is?
>>
>>22581978
One thing I LOVE about AC6 is that some machine gun with huge ammo capacity on a medium build AC is not a best solution to 99% of missions anymore
>>
Shotguns deserve another nerf.
>>
>>22585585
Now shotguns are the best solution to 99% of missions.
zims are still very strong and meta.
>>
I will personally kill whoever thought Swarms of Red Eyes was a good idea
>>
File: 1560425136556.jpg (80 KB, 750x753)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>22585363
Let's see, based on the logo aesthetic
>IGARASIK
Looks like a star or otherwise some sort of energy discharge, so mostly high tech energy weaponry and graceful, feminine looking frames that rely on their superior speed.
>EGARIM
Elegant, also looks like some fancy high end thingamajig, so cool electronic toys, gadgets and peripherals, anything to do with ECM, probably some endgame prototype gear.
>TSERC
Downward pointing triangle can be seen as a symbol of strength, so powerful and straightforward kinetic weaponry and sturdy angular frames exuding raw masculine power.
>>
>>22585647
Only if you bring multi-lock missile launchers, and even then, CURTIS/HARRIS + shotgun is going to be a lot more confident about killing all the trash for easier S-ranks. And it locks your shoulder slots out of the broken laser cannon, or even FASAN if you feel like it.
Yes speed matters the most, but killing a bunch of trash while ABing past it gives you a lot more leeway.

Also I'm pretty sure 2x R-RF are significantly more consistent than anything shotgun, because you never have to be in harm's way, can easily clear out any number of targets, and don't have to deal with the obscene recoil and energy consumption of HARRIS/CURTIS. Throw in two ACT-2 and you have to actively try to struggle beating a mission.
Conversely, you can still mistime, miss, or otherwise fuck up your shotguns, misread boss attack patterns and eat a ton of damage, or even struggle to keep hard lock on your target (noobs really struggle with not moving the camera) and whiff that way. And "optimal" shotgun techs, like switching to melee for the stagger finisher, are much harder to pull off. I'm not saying they're hard, but decidedly harder than shoot shoot dodge with rifles.
>>
>>22585680
I think its cool
>>
>>22585701
It is, but S ranking it is a pain in the ass.
>>
dead game
>>
File: swarms of red fucks.jpg (174 KB, 1201x1238)
174 KB
174 KB JPG
SIRIUS, my beloved
>>
>>22585126
Will do. Wanted to get the ps3 controller icons, shame. Inb4 it doesn't work with xenia as well
>>
>>22585832
yeah you've said it around three time in last thread, obsessed much?
>>
>>22585841
I've beaten the entire game and am in the process of S-ranking every Hard Mode mission on RPCS3, and all I've had are missing textures, the occasional graphics glitch and very rarely a crash. Godspeed LYNX, hope you find a way to make it work.
>>
>>22585841
Could always try looking at the AC Discord, go the channel where it says Gen 4 and look at the pinned comments and scroll down till you find the link with the RCPS3 bundle, it's got a couple versions the offline singleplayer only one was what worked for me
>>
>>22585869
Honestly even on original hardware the game had missing textures, graphic glitches and crashes. The emulators are more stable at this point
>>
>>22585944
God I wish the V/Verdict Day emulation was as good.
>>
>>22585919
What AC discord ? There's a couple
>>
File: IMG_3749.jpg (3.76 MB, 3840x2160)
3.76 MB
3.76 MB JPG
200,000 AP.
>>
I really want to play ACV/VD but my computer can only emulate up to 4/4A and even though I have a PS3, the aftermarket prices are retarded. Some day...
>>
>>22586099
>Has a PS3
You can buy it on the online store, can't you? I bought it for XB360 back in March for $20.
>>
>>22586121
Oh maybe, I should check. I thought they shut the store down but it's worth a shot.
>>
Every time I try to play a skinny AC I get killed to death...
>>
>>22585869
>>22585919
Got past the tutorial and into the menu with the euro version of the game, same custom settings as the us version. Strange thing to happen. I have access only to the first regulation, but I assume it doesn't matter as I'm not interested in online play. Will play some more later tonight
>>
>>22586199
First regulation is, let’s just say it’s a rough time starting out.
>>
>>22586208
Found a file for the updates, supposedly for the us version but also works on eu. What regulation would you say is best ?
>>
>>22586023
Itty bitty KE resistance.
>>
>can't S rank Attack on PA-N51 to save my life
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WHAT AM I DOING WRONG
My best run only lost a couple thousand AP, destroyed the enemy AC pretty fast, took out the bases fast. A rank at best. I can commonly get Bs and Cs. It seems so tight, last S rank I need in 4A.
I can repeat S rank Arteria Carpals pretty consistently at this point, it's absurd how much easier just straight up AC combat is.
>>
>>22586407
I S ranked it with all grenades and a few AA bombs. The best part is if you sit in the middle of those fuel depots for a few secs the barat squad MTs will shoot the base for you. Also do you have have high ecm?
>>
Is melee worthless in AC4 or am I just shit with it ?
>>
>>22586472
You’re shit with it.
>>
I wanna try a zero sens, no hardlock playthrough.
relying upon quick turns sounds... interesting, of course I will play as a heavy bipedal for it to make "sense"
>>
>>22586587
Tested the new settings on ayre, phase 2 feels impossible.
I think it's beatable if you abuse ab quick turns with zims, but yeah, anime teleports doesn't gel well with "classic" controls.
>>
>>22586587
>>22586617
I beat the game without using the hardlock. Ayre, Enfrocer and ALLMIND were definitely roadblocks though, and I hate seeing everyone's challenge run playthroughs where they ALWAYS use hardlock all the time.
>>
>>22586587
>>22586672
It's not difficult to not use hardlock. I'd prefer not to use it but you can't kick reliably without it.
>>
>>22586672
>ALWAYS use hardlock all the time
Isn't the problem here that the game is built around using the hardlock most of the time? Anything going up from a field miniboss level mob is infinitely faster dispatched with the game playing itself at least half of the time. Not to mention strafing or melee attacks against anything even remotely fast or maneuverable.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (29 KB, 200x200)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>22586587
>a zero sens, no hardlock playthrough
>of course I will play as a heavy bipedal for it to make "sense"
>W-wait a second? Armored Cores move like...that? S-so...what am I doing?
>>
>>22586472
It's good
You need a good radar and a melee-only spec build, and lots of practice
>>
>>22585683
So...
Just like Mirage, Kisaragi and Crest?
>>
>>22587050
There might be some very slight parallels present but I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
You like to Kisaragi prototype Armored Cores, don't you, Raven?
>>
Fiona, my beloved
>>
>>22587101
kasumi sumika.....
>>
>>22587105
is an old hag
>>
>>22584948
San Tai, Hokushi, NGI-000, VP20C, VE20B are all good and which one is the best depends on the rest of your AC and on your playstyle.
>>22585050
On the Armored Core trooncord there are pre-assembled emulator packages that just werk. Getting them to work by yourself takes a lot of unnecessary fiddling.
>>
>>22583947
When I played hacknet it was cool taking other hackers' X-servers and completely changing the look of your screen. Setting up different looks for your AC corresponding to the OS would've been really immersive.
>>
>>22587184
I hope we get full HUD customization on the next AC titles. Would be quite cool to make your own widgets and decide what info gets shown on your screen and where.
>>
>>22587081
Kisaraging your Bond burger tonight
>>
>>22587183
>On the Armored Core trooncord there are pre-assembled emulator packages that just werk
Even for every AC:VD mission?
>>
>>22587147
Out of ten!
>>
>>22587221
Haven't tried ACVD yet but the ACV emulator package definitely werks™, outside of having quite lower FPS if you enable AC textures in missions but it's no big deal
>>
>>22587218
>Bond burger
?
>>
File: emblem idea.jpg (41 KB, 680x604)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>22587308
It's a classic
>>
File: Haman and Cima.jpg (124 KB, 1024x1024)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
>>22587147
You say that like it's a bad thing...
>>
>>22587101
For me, it's Nell from AC2. Pleasant voice and really starts caring about the Raven by the end of the game. Even says she's thankful you survive after dunking on Klein.
>>
>>22587555
But I was Klein, anon.
>>
>>22587101
The AC3 Operator really cared about you too. I liked her.
>>
>>22587105
>has lines where she gets super possessive over Strayed
>aggressively reminds you that your her Lynx, gets offended on your behalf at people insulting you
>all of them unused
So close to being the GOAT operator.
>>
>>22588043
Do you have a source for the unused dialogue?
>>
>>22588051
It's in the gamefiles. Here.
https://files.catbox.moe/jz86lc.zip
They need to be converted.
>>
File: cuba libre.png (774 KB, 1920x1080)
774 KB
774 KB PNG
this is where i post from
>>
>>22589166
Cool Gundam.
>>
>>22589186
NEXT: Gundam
Pilot: Shinji
(the NEXT is painted like Optimus Prime)
>>
>>22589195
Emblem: a silhouette of Getter 1's head with glowy bits highlighted.
>>
Why didn't they release verdict day on ps4?
It would have been an easy port right.
>>
>>22589256
Publishing rights issues
>>
>Nacht arms aren't terribly amazing, but have super high firearm specialization for target acquisition at high speeds
>Nacht core is almost the lightest core in the game and has maxed boost efficiency and really high generator supply adjustment
>Nacht legs have the unique property of equivalent jump stats to reverse joints but with the QB movement advantages of bipedal legs, giving them some of the strongest movement options in the game

>Alba set loses all of this and the unique aesthetics and is just a normal lightweight set with more balanced stats that are pretty good for its weight

Why would they do this to Rusty
>>
>>22589459
Well ORTUS was made specifically for Rusty, so I guess that's his preferred build.
>>
>>22589463
In that case, Firmeza already existed and some of its parts are arguably better than Alba
>>
>>22589339
Same reason 4 and For Answer won’t get ported
>>
File: barbe-blue my nuts.png (526 KB, 1192x1229)
526 KB
526 KB PNG
Some missions on Hard Mode are fucking easy as shit, and some make me want to suck-start a shotgun
>>
>>22589670
Well they try to avoid DIRECT power creep in AC6.
There is a lot, but stuff like the pulse blade stays the best at what it does the whole game for instance.
>>
>>22589716
I really like how almost everything in AC6 has its own niche spot. I don't really know if the same holds true in previous games since I usually just found my sweet spot setup and rolled with it without experimenting much.
>>
>>22589825
I dunno, I like having to swap to weapons that have cheaper ammunition in certain missions to ensure that I don't go into debt.
>>
>>22589166
>One red arm
>One gold arm
Anything else to add to boring taste bingo: AC edition?
>>
>>22589838
Gundam colors.
>>
File: wrong thread.webm (125 KB, 188x206)
125 KB
125 KB WEBM
>>22587101
I love her too Anon.
>>
>>22588157
>>22588157
I tried playing a few of these and they're jp files. Is that what you meant?
>>
>>22589838
The colors are supposed to be the rum and coke from a cuba libre
The blue is the glass and the white-ish is the cup.
>>
Hey is the multiple energy rifle fucking worthless?
>stupidly heavy and EN sucking
>overheats in like 3 shots
>>
>>22589970
Do you mean krsw? It is okay once you figure a build that works for it but it's not really great. Kick+charged shot is devastating. They gave it more ammo for the uncharged burst so you can actually use it on missions. But there's no other reason to pick it than fully charged cheese, all the laser rifles and nebula do what it does but better.
>>
File: 1713579085.jpg (50 KB, 850x414)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
Do you want them as well?
>>
>>22590096
Yeah that's what everyone was saying when it was revealed back when the trial even was going on in Japan. I'm certain they'll put them back in DLC or in a sequel. But there are bigger fish to fry in terms of fixing the game. I wouldn't want to see dual linear gun arms if they still ricochet at 300 m.
>>
>>22589716
That's honestly it's worst quality
Under no circumstance should I ever be using old default junk for the entire game, that takes a lot of the fun out of making a build in the first place
>>
>>22590142
>junk
But it's not junk
>>
>>22590096
Gun arms are funny because they shit on the entire concept of piloting a machine that has hands, while still also retaining the presentation problems the hands have where they might as well not exist
Like, that one specifically is still just a normal ass gun on a normal ass arm, just replacing the forearm rather than being held by it

At that point I think weapon arms should just be the opposite of weapon bays, allowing you to slot heavier shoulder weapons on your arm in return for losing the functionality of the arms
>>
>>22590149
junk as in lowest common denominator dollar store parts, not just rusted scrap held together with duct tape
>>
>>22590157
ACs are junk in general.
Hence why Arquebus dumps them all for LCs the moment they can.
Except Freud because Freud is storing his power level.
>>
>>22590160
Arquebus uses the tech to develop new AC parts, the only people that jump ship entirely are losers like Snail and Pater- and only Snail's actually ends up being an upgrade, due purely to the massive increase in mass and materiel which probably costs a fortune
And Freud is a freak who's still using a PS1 controller and probably does the meme grip for fun

Speaking of, I bet the only real advantages PCA machines have is that the standardized designs would make them more straightforward for retards to operate and repair
>>
>>22590157
You play as a lone merc who risks his life for money.
AC's are like custom PC bulids, the best ones are cost effective, what's the point of doing missions if you waste all your money on overpowered machine gun ammo?
>>
File: 1713941174579867.png (236 KB, 807x922)
236 KB
236 KB PNG
Have any of you attempted 3d printing your ACs?
>>
File: file.png (2.78 MB, 1653x932)
2.78 MB
2.78 MB PNG
>>22590172
Also that the PCA designs are fucking huge.
>>
>>22590180
Man, I'd consider it. I feel unusually attached to FRANKENSTORM.
>>
File: 1682398266273141.png (466 KB, 1344x773)
466 KB
466 KB PNG
>>22590154
To be honest, I just want them for a proper tank cosplay.
>>
>>22590154
that is one hell of a reason to be against weapon arms
>>
>>22590181
>enemy-only design is the only way to use a shield in one hand and a sword in the other
Fuck this gay earth
>>
>>22590193
Miyazaki will get to make his fantasy mecha game one day, anon. You just have to believe
Though that game would just exacerbate the issues, making enemies more interesting by giving them tons of shit you can't use even though it looks like you should is From's core design philosophy
>>
>>22590096
Yes but attached at the shoulders, just guns without the arms.
Or they could give us "arm" parts that don't look like arms or hands at all and are basically just weapon holders that hold normal handheld weapons up next to the shoulder joint, to get a similar look without having to make a bunch of new weapon arm parts.
>>
>>22590178
So why have powerful parts at all if a hand-me-down 2010 macbook is going to be the only thing you need for the rest of your life
>>
>>22590154
What would be great is if we went back to late 3rd gen/4th gen where we had weapon storage. They you could just balance around weapon arms being way stronger than the handheld counterparts but not being able to drop your gun and grab another when you're out of ammo.
>>
>>22590342
Bringing that back would also be a great alternative to being forced to give up a shoulder weapon to be able to have another arm weapon, which is a ridiculous one-dimensional choice
>>
>>22590154
Yeah but AC7 finally made a point in hands by allowing you to throw hande after you throw away your weapons, weapon arms are a must now

Tho one should be asking modders, not fromsoft
>>
>>22590428
AC6 I mean h-haha
>>
Dual zimmers and dual VE-60SNA for punishing stuns y/n?
>>
>>22587233
Other anon here, talk me out of just getting a cheap hackable ps3
>>
>>22590349
Ultimately, they should revise the amount of ammo a weapon has and the amount of AP various enemies have especially ACs (including you). I get the new From design philosophy of being able to get killed in one or two hits and having heals as opposed to just having one health pool but the bursty, short encounters are not as well suited to this game, they were doing it right before. The way the game currently stands you never really worry about ammo much; that 1+1+1v1 against the branch jobbers doesn't put much pressure on your resources whereas I remember running low on ammo fighting zuben and having to pull the hangars out for rimfire in LR. Wondering whether you have enough ammo and having to change it up for certain missions and also less lenient ammo costs and no farming from replays would put the heat back on. Aside from the first time doing certain bosses the game doesn't really offer a challenge that you have to meet in the garage.
>>
>>22589838
you guys find the strangest things to get mad about
>>
MAD ABOUT 621
>>
>>22590096
I've never understood peoples' attachments to weapons arms. Having played every AC game, weapon arms usually suck compared to regular weapons with only a couple exceptions or niche circumstances. They almost never have enough ammo to make their use viable for missions or arena fights. It only gets worse once 3rd gen starts introducing left-hand weapons.
>>
>>22590660
Iguazu...
>>
>>22590682
>arena fight
That's their best use case, unless you are missing your shots alot.
>>
>>22590653
Piloting an AC and not a limbless ground MT? Fuckin casual
>>
I want to marry Ayre
>>
>>22590863
You can have her
I want to marry and protect Maeterlinck
>>
>>22590877
I fucking hate her for bullying me in the arena in my first playthrough. She deserves being abandoned.
>>
File: SS RANK BITCHES.png (295 KB, 2409x1320)
295 KB
295 KB PNG
Now I can finally play For Answer
>>
>>22590934
Was it worth it anon?
>>
Do i wanna play 4/4a first or go with 1st gen and up?
>>
>>22590938
Yeah, game was great.
>>
>>22590934
Man, I don't think I'll ever S rank all of 4. Between it feeling like shit to play compared to 4A now that I'm used to the latter plus it crashing all the time for me. Enjoy 4A.
>>
>>22591001
Think of it as training for 4A. You're wearing your weighted clothes, so when you take them off you're a god.
>>
Tell me about the coop mod. Is it still alive?
>>
>>22591137
Played invasions just a couple days ago. Depending on the time and weekday, I would sometimes get 20-ish minute stretches of struggling to find a host to invade. During prime gaming time, getting an invasion going usually didn't take more than a couple times. I do feel like the hype has died down a little, but it's not DEAD dead. Certainly more alive than /acg/ lobbies.

Some missions are still aids, like the arsenal mission with the stealth mechs locking you behind an invisible wall if you invade late, or whatever that grid mission is with an early elevator, where you're either locked in a teensy-tiny thunderdome with 3 statchecking fatties, or literally unable to follow the host. Which, next to 6x zimmermonkey rapesquads spawncamping you in retarded missions, is probably the most annoying part.

The mod is still pretty buggy, with invading empty missions at times, not getting to connect, or putting you in with a host that's literally at the closing dialogue. Changes to spawn protection and having to scan your target to even get a HUD indicator were quite good, but now a good scan head is mandatory as invader. Even scanning is buggy, and I feel like the indicator range and duration are arbitrary, to the point where I'm not sure jamming would even help you.
>>
>>22590682
You make a good point, and I agree, weapon arms kinda suck in a lot of AC games, but you gotta admit at least that thr Verdict Day gun arms are really, really fucking sick looking
That and, at least in 4a, they're a good workaround over not being able to use MGs in both arms in PVP due to wonky netcode.
>>
File: 20240412212650_1.jpg (304 KB, 1920x1080)
304 KB
304 KB JPG
>>22591001
Grenades and sniper cannons are your best friend. Easiest weapons to S ranks most missions with, if not all. Like out sniping Mary Shelley or killing MTs without delving deep in the Kojima sphere mission.
>>22585061
>HAL core has extremely good stats, if poor stability.
HAL is love.
>>
I'm honestly surprised to see so many people who are against the return of weapon arms. Who are you all? Gundamfaggots? anti-mechwarrior newtards,? or just newtards?
>>
File: Destroid_Defender.jpg (69 KB, 894x988)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>22591374
They were only ever good as throwbacks to Macross' destroid designs.
>>
>>22591357
Sniper Cannons are rather mid, actually. What you want are either OGOTO grenade cannons or the SIRIUS laser cannons. They're just better, and the latter especially has the benefit of having much lower ammo cost, making S ranking way, way easier.
>t. posted my SS at >>22590934
>>
>>22591374
I'm completely neutral.
And I am a newtard. I have literally never consumed /m/ content until this game.
And I'm not a fromdrone, either. Sekiro was the only From I liked before this game. I probably would've played the older AC games when they came out but I had both never heard of them and also didn't consume a lot of single player games when I was younger
>>
>>22591379
You did grenades for kojima sphere?
>>
Dream game:

AC6 but with actually good netcode and an ACVD-style Global PvPvE war (but, yaknow, for Rubicon) and also with like triple the part count (also like ACVD)

Honestly I guess I just want a spit-polished ACVD
>>
>>22591374
I want to see them return, but they clearly need a more defined niche than they've previously had, in my humble opinion.
>>
>>22591381
Yeah. The raw fucking radius on OGOTO makes the bottom floor a piece of cake, and because of how narrow Sphere is you don't need much in the way of range.
>>
>>22591386
Hold up. I forgot, don't you lose points for S rank in the sphere if you cause even minimal amounts of collateral?
>>
>>22591374
former chromehounds player here please let me snap a massive cannon to a hardpoint in lieu of an arm I promise not to run out of fuel before I reach the objective :)
>>
>>22591388
Not sure, but I fired away willy-nilly and got S on my first go, on Normal as well as Hard.
>>
>>22591390
Normal I understand but it was Hard mode that I remembered it for.
>>
>>22591392
I was honestly kind of surprised I got the S on Hard, Silent Avalanche kicked my ass for a good 20 minutes trying to S rank it.
>>
>>22591382
AC6X soon brother
>>
>>22591382
VD is so close to being an amazing game but it's held back by jank and awful balancing. I will not miss the Rock Paper Scissors damage system.
>>
File: file.png (3.35 MB, 1392x1665)
3.35 MB
3.35 MB PNG
>>22591382
For me, it's...
>>
>>22591406
are there fan servers for the RPCS3 version? I tried googling but everything's just about the server shutdown

I was really lucky to play it for the last two months of its official life to snag all the xbox achievements and honestly had a blast piloting with the bros
>>
>>22591416
I like the way your head works anon.
>>22591425
I'm not sure there are yet. And yeah I wish I'd had the patience to get all thr trophies for it on PS3, but I really did fall off of it about half way through.
>>
>>22591406
They could get away with it imo since your team could have a rock, paper and scissors on it. It was a bit much though.
>>22591374
I honestly think only a few weapon arms were ever good but I do think they look cool. It added a lot of stylistic diversity in that you could look like a Gundam, guntank or like catapult from MW all in the same game.
>>
>>22591416
how do I even parse this? am I eating bait?

you want, what, "Dynasty Warriors: Rubicon, Troon Edition ft. Dante"
>>
File: Shadow Skating.gif (3.36 MB, 810x810)
3.36 MB
3.36 MB GIF
>>22591434
>I want AC (skating, shooting, high speed, some build customization)
>I want DOOM (trapped in arenas with lots of enemies requiring actual thought to beat, weapon switching)
>I want DMC (Stance dancing, teleporting, melee)
>I want Sonic Unleashed (basically high speed running between combat encounters)
And I want it to be Shadow the Hedgehog killing hordes of demons/aliens/whatever is coolest.
>>
>>22591445
only half joking but go play Ultrakill
>>
>>22591445
Damn, different strokes. I just want defend the submarine and destroy the train missions but with some modern flavor. Something tacticool where you have to secure an objective in time that lets you access the area where the train will pass or fight through a highly guarded zone to get to an alternate point to do so.
>>
>>22591406
>I will not miss the Rock Paper Scissors damage system
It worked well for team fights, of course it was shit for 1v1's because the game wasn't designed around it.
>>22591425
The online is still playable after the shutdown.
>>
>>22591374
I wouldn't necessarily say that I am against them, they have an aesthetic that fits Armored Core, but if they are brought back they REALLY need to have some kind of reason to exist. I think AC6 does actually have potential to balance them: a more powerful dual-wielding layout at the cost of not being able to store handheld weapons/blades (no melee other than kicking + less versatility). And for the love of god give them enough ammo that you can afford to a few miss shots and still be able to kill someone.
>>
>>22591433
>>22591464
Well that's the thing, by the time I started playing the multiplayer was dead as a doornail.
>>
>>22591464
To what extent is the online still playable?
>>
>>22591485
Weapon arms would be hell in AC6. Imagine zimmy arms. Now you can have less weight but more firepower.
>>
>>22590180
Wait are there STL files for the parts?
>>
>>22590180
hm, wouldn't it better the print the bulk of the gun and then use thin tubing for the barrels?
>>
>>22591521
Freebattle (duel, ffa, team battles)
hey at least it's better than nothing.
>>
I wish there was an Ultra Nightmare for AC6.
>start from NG
>set route order of Fires -> Liberator -> Latin
>set mission order (must do NG+ missions as prescribed, hence why Liberator is 2nd as many of the NG+ missions are Liberation Front)
>no supply sherpas
>must do arena battles as soon as they surface
>death deletes your save file
And idk what the rewards would be.
>>
>>22591684
Also don't forget
>can not restart missions
>you're mission scored every mission. Lack of S rank = run dead
>>
>>22591416
Every game on that list has
>speed as a focus
>a mission-based structure
>>
>>22590172
Nah, Pater's LC is decent. He just sucks at piloting it. Give me his mech and I'd clear the story with it easily.
>>
Describe your perfect AC game.
>Remove repair kits and turn them into your AC just having more AP
>Delay between losing energy and recovering it is gone, now your AC just recovers EN faster or slower and does it instantly after some of it's spent
>Increase QB thrust across the board by 25%
>Remove soft lock and hard lock, bring back FCS screen lock boxes;
>Assault armor and pulse armor are now 2 in one like in Gen 4
>Stagger only occurs if your shield is broken and then you're squishy
>Pulse shields regen but don't come back after being broken
>Hand held shields; blade weapons in right hand functional
>Weapon cooling/reload gone entirely, for guns and melee
>Shoulder mounted boosters
>Two-handed weapons that are 2-in-1
>Smaller ACs, Gen5 sized but not as chunky, with Gen3 designs
>Ancient aliens like in AC2
>NEXT-esque boss fight with alien AI that shared original AC tech with humanity thinking they would be better than it's creators, but was very wrong
>>
File: poorly explained idea.png (47 KB, 1232x825)
47 KB
47 KB PNG
>>22591948
People talk about removing hard lock which, while I agree, likely will never happen.

I'm gonna explain this badly because I have failed augmentations in my brain but if we *must* have a hard-lock system, make hard-locking camera-only, and your AC has the option to slowly rotate to "catch up" and follow and automatically align a separate weapons reticle window (sorta like now but if you put hella brakes on rotate speed) OR you can remove camera hard lock and go full manual which will be far more accurate, like all the old AC games.

Maybe its a stretch to make a compromise like this idk I'm not a game designer I just like big robot
>>
>>22591948
>Describe your perfect AC game.
Last Raven but with Nexus intro-tier graphics.
>>
>>22591948
Probably just 3rd gen with more polish and some more complex missions in larger maps with ACV checkpoints where you can change some equipment but limited to weapons that you prepare before the start. Not every mission would be like that but certain important contracts would have that structure. Also Last Raven style story progression with multiple paths. Put the game back on Mars or on some moon of Jupiter or Saturn.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (358 KB, 1600x1200)
358 KB
358 KB JPG
I want an AC game with the most complicated controls ever, and you'd need something like the Steel Battalion controller to play it
Only the controller would be even bigger with way more buttons, switches, and what-not
and before every mission you'd have to go through an entire launch sequence
>>
>>22592109
>Last Raven style story progression
I'm gonna be honest, I think the mission progression system in LR is probably the worst aspect of the game (excluding the music). It has Shadow the Hedgehog syndrome where in order to reasonably let you play every story path, a single playthrough has to be extremely short. And in order to let you jump between factions to technically be independent, it doesn't really feel like any mission you undertake makes any meaningful difference or impact to the story or world. LR also really made me feel the slog of maps being reused over and over again (Diorgan Distribution Center and both inside and outside the dam being the most egregious examples that come to mind) and I loathe how you have to basically do full playthroughs, repeating missions over and over again, just to get ONE mission at a certain time added to free play. This would be even more awful if I hadn't been using a guide since the dependency of certain missions on others is completely arbitrary.

I think multiple story paths are a good idea, but it would be better to have the split occur early in the story with minimal reuse of mission locations between paths and no jumping between factions. There should be a third "independent" story path that doesn't lock you to a certain faction, but still gives you a mostly linear story path with a few instances where you can pick between one of two missions.
>>
>>22592130
This is literally how robotics projects IRL go
>>
>>22591967
Oh like in War Thunder but with the lock rectangle
Those were the initial theories of how AC6 could go
>>
>>22591416
Bro it's called Baldr series VNs
>>
Iguazu manages to wrangle control from ALLMIND by sheer power of seething at 621
kino
>>
>>22591948
Third gen remakes with 6's controls, movement, and weapon mechanics
More meaningful complexity in the form of shit like leg and core types that actually change how you play the game
A mid-range assault boost for combat alongside overboost for speedy travel
Usable parts from non-AC bosses
Esoteric tech plot isn't just shit you can't interact with or a smattering of high-cost gimmick stuff like coral weapons, but stuff that fundamentally changes the gameplay, unlocking entirely new systems for you to interact with in the mid-late game
Something, anything that gives longer range encounters the same kinds of player interaction options that close range gets; strafe and QB while holding shoot after acquiring a lock can only hold up for so long
>>
>>22592350
And then you have games like 6, where you have to play through three separate times with only a handful of new missions, with no choices whatsoever mattering other than one singular one at the end and one in the third playthrough that is also mutually exclusive with the others
>>
>>22591967
The simple thing is to just make hardlock like 4A, where it doesn't take full control of your camera away but instead nudges it in the direction of your chosen target to help you keep it onscreen and is breakable if you let the target leave your screen. 4A's lock system was so good that everybody used it, but so balanced that you never relied on it or felt that it was playing the game for you.
6's actual system suffers deeply from a resurgent gamedev brainrot that's terrified of letting the player touch the right analog stick. It comes from gamedev talent pools being diluted with people who don't play games, have never played games, will never play games and are filtered by the unfamiliarity of 3D camera control.
This was excusable back in the 90s when Nintendo made the abomination that was the N64 controller because they were afraid of letting players control the camera when 3D gaming was shiny and new. It's silly now.
>>
>>22592350
You can play 3 different endings with no reused missions in LR. It's not THAT bad until you have to fully clear the game. Map reuse I'll give you but they just need to clean it up a bit. My idea with the long form missions peppered in between shorter ones was that you would have mid mission decisions like AC6 did that could alter the progression. I think the smartest thing they could do with missions that are shared by story paths would be yo have some small detail change depending on what you did before, like the difference between hard and normal mode in 4th gen. Like if you partnered with corp A and did mission 12, mission 17 would have an AC hired by corp B attack you but not if you did mission 13 where you worked for corp B. I really want them to deliver on the mech mercenary fantasy. Some acknowledgement of your standing in the Arena in a mission or vice versa might be cool too. I liked how in AC2 if you killed Strung in the story he was dead in the arena.
Also the music in LR is great, what is it with you autists. It fits the mood of the game.
>>
>>22592408
>AC6 controls
Maybe. I think they're a tad overloaded, for your right thumb.
>Movement
Maybe if we got classic energy management, not this Gundam ground touchy rubbish. I actually like old gen there's even a purpose for walking without boosters whereas in later gens it became vestigial.
>>
>>22592442
I always thought that they have hardlock as a vestige from Souls and Sekiro, games where you're on the ground and looking around in 3d doesn't have as big and impact, and so they can put more actions on the face buttons like jumping, sidestepping, interact with thing, use/swap item. They reused a lot of what's in Sekiro, for example. Heals being a thing and also one that's mapped to a button where you remove your thumb from the left stick is egregious in AC even though in Sekiro it's okay because you aren't constantly pushing a direction. And this is before considering how dumb it is for boost and camera control to be operated by the thumb. Gen 1 had a more sensible system if you remove hard lock from the equation. I think 4th gen really settled on the perfect AC control scheme. But it's impossible to go back to firing only 2 weapons at once. Because 2 is less than 4 and that means your going backwards and that's bad!
>>
>>22592500
>he plays AC6 with a controller
Point and laugh at him fellow keyboard Chads.
>>
>>22592523
NTA but I actually started to until I fought Sulla and was getting rolled and realized I should be moving my camera a lot faster than I was.
Switched to mouse and 1 shot him.
>>
File: KING'S GAMBIT.png (3.38 MB, 1792x965)
3.38 MB
3.38 MB PNG
how's this for a build with zero inspiration other than "man the dafeng arms and legs are super cool i wonder if i can make something viable with them"
grenade thrower and appetizer are non-negotiable, indecisive on internals/shoulders
>>
I just want boost to be a hold instead of toggle.
>>
Man they REALLY nerfed Balteus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNEs_rOV5Zg
>>
>>22592535
Assuming you keep your dumb weapon choices, swap your shoulders. You'll never ever need the R-RF and pocket sand at the same time, but having your rocket launcher on hand might be useful.

Your missile choices are pressure, and pressure. You can do better DPS/IPS wise. Both missiles fire sustained streams of missiles, which serve little more purpose than to make dodging a lose/lose for your more bursty weapons, of which you have none.
Your overall build suggests you have no game plan. Thrower opens up stagger, but doesn't punish it well. Neither do your other weapons, so you have to resort to kicking, which you won't do effectively enough to replace your lack of weapons unless you're RJ, which you aren't. You're also fat as fuck without a booster that can AB well enough to facilitate kicking.

Assuming thrower and APERITIF are locked in, and you're also keeping the Dafeng limbs, get better shoulders. Thrower is great for close range brawling, APERITIF keeps up the pressure and is difficult to dodge when the missiles pincer from the opposite side of your boot. You need something bursty that can actually deal damage on a stagger. Duo missiles are great for runners but useless up close, so split missiles are your best bet if you need a multi-role weapon. Energy gen with LCS or FASAN is massive damage, LCD is pretty good even from neutral. EARSHOT is your braindead option. Get yourself a BUERZEL and learn to AB every time you gotta be somewhere, you're too fat to function without one.
>>
>>22592523
Why wouldn't I play with a controller? That's how I played every other entry. Using a mouse hurts my hand desu, I can't play games that are fast paced like that anymore with kbm. The best layout would be two joysticks that have two triggers and a bunch of buttons for your thumbs. Then you can really feel like you're piloting a robot and have more buttons to work with.
>>
>>22592543
Why? You're almost never not boosting.
>>
>>22592412
To be fair I'm pretty sure AC4A works this same way. Then you have to redo everything on Hard. Well, there's a reason I stopped playing AC4A before getting all S ranks when it came out...
>>22592459
Agreed, but to be able to fight the final pulverizer you have to do everything, and that's the point where it becomes a slog. I don't think you can even play every mission just by getting the 6 regular endings (maybe you can if you highly optimize your runs?) If they took some of the random "indepedent warlord" missions/filler missions and rolled them into 3-4 story paths (I think everyone can agree the ending where all you do is shoot down fighters and 3 nerfed leviathans can be axed no problem), I think my LR experience would have been more enjoyable. 3 playthroughs of a campaign is about as much as I can stomach for any Armored Core game before I have to move on to something else.
>>
File: KING'S GAMBIT.png (3.31 MB, 1778x956)
3.31 MB
3.31 MB PNG
>>22592565
that's a way more indepth answer than what i thought, but yes, shoulders were more so place holders. how's this? i don't want to be an earshot user out of principle, so i feel like the jvln alpha is a worthy competitor, since it doesn't cuck my energy efficiency as hard. as for the buerzel, of course i considered it but felt put off because i heard it was nerfed, but the stats still seem fine. ABing into grenade thrower seems like my bread and butter.
>>
>>22592583
BUERZEL was brought in line from being disgustingly OP to having arguable competition, but AB degeneracy is still the way to go in most cases unless you're some kiting build. Which this one clearly isn't.

I assume SONGBIRDS are out of the picture as well. Energy regen is indeed a little tight at 4k. Wasn't JVLN A the one with the follow-up explosions after hitting? IIRC those throw your target out of stagger and let them dodge a large portion of the damage if their QB is powerful enough. You're better off with a grenade launcher if "worse EARSHOT" is your strat. At that point, just use a bazooka, those work great with grenade thrower. TRUENO is another half-decent and somewhat multirole option with its usable mid-range harass, but I personally find it doesn't hit hard enough on a stagger.
>>
>>22592563
The problem with early iteration of the game is that its extremely easy except for a couple speedbump like Baltheus, Ibis, Snailtheus and perhaps the final bosses. But unlike Souls game, nothing in the game condition you to face any kind of challenge making those fight frustrating outlyers for most. BUT instead of giving us a hard mode or something they downgraded everything.

The only missions which have any semblance of difficulty are escort the weaponized mining ship and intercept the redguns.

The game's mechanics are very solid and fun but underutilized because of its low difficulty.
>>
>>22592610
Here's hoping we get another expandalone sequel that has a proper high difficulty curve instead of just dlc with some fucktarded kaizo remixes
>>
File: ENTER.png (289 KB, 857x546)
289 KB
289 KB PNG
>>22592605
quite the contrary, had this not happened i wouldn't have even considered it.
>>
>>22592620
They kind of wrote themselves in a corner with AC6 story tough.
>>
>>22592628
One of the only endings- and the one that's mostly good without being hyper ambiguous- is literally "everything is the same but without most of the main characters, and can lead to whatever the writers want"
Coral is also left vague enough that practically anything they want can be done with it, they could even just throw it out by moving the setting somewhere else or have it all mined dry from Rubicon and used for shit
>>
File: KING'S GAMBIT.png (3.33 MB, 1777x953)
3.33 MB
3.33 MB PNG
>>22592605
>>22592625
here's another idea that emphasizes supply efficiency. i would rather keep the mind alpha aesthetic-wise but this feels better.
>>
>>22592620
The problem with ''difficulty'' in AC6 is that your AC is way too mobile for the average grunt, along with the fact that they dont pose a threath damage wise.

Earlier games were good at giving the impression that MTs were more or less mass produced grunt able to overpower adversity trough sheer number (in the dystopian cybercorp future human lives are worth less than meterial ressources). But in AC6 they are about as usefull as pikemen againts fighter jets.

They also missed the opportunity to personalize each of the corps' grunt by giving them unique weaponry, like giving a Turner to Balams MT or a laser rifle to Arquebus own squad. I understand that they were made by BAWS but heh. They also made ammo virtually unlimited so they cant even serve as proper canon fodder because they dont force you to use any meaningful ressources.
>>
>>22592610
I actually played the unpatched (no patches at all, including day 1) version and it's not just the bosses, there's a load of other changes that make it harder like enemy placement (like the helicopter doesn't bomb the enemies next to the destroyed AC you have to analyze so you have to fight them) and some general shit like how there seems to be more gravity. After patches it feels like when you fall from the air you're kind of floating down, but pre-patch you drop like a rock. Enemy ACs are also just generally way more aggressive and the player gets staggered way more.
>>
>>22592720
If you're on console and have the disc, you can try it out by uninstalling the game and then starting a new game while offline. If you don't want to delete your save you can just make a separate account.

I found every single version including the day 1 patch too easy but the pre-patch version is actually pretty refreshing.
>>
>>22592720
>and the player gets staggered way more.
My guess is that this is why they toned everything down. Not playing is not a fun mechanic.

This is also why I never used AB in single player the first time I played. You AB then get immediately stagerred by something.
>>
File: v10.jpg (22 KB, 711x524)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>22592720
Differences I noticed
-First stage has the copter fly somewhere else so you have to fight two enemies with shields to get to the G7 wreckage

-After destroying the eyeball the marker telling you to get away appears on the highest point of the back part of the Strider instead of off to the side in the desert. If I had to guess I'd say some players got stuck going back through the front part and died there, when all you actually need to do is jump off the side. If you actually get to the marker you get a pretty good view of the Strider falling over sideways though, which was probably the intention of the devs.

-The Da Feng trainee is placed in front of the building instead of next to the transport, and seems to be tougher (more aggressive, also the slow homing missile seems to be way more persistent)

-No difference for Juggernaut

-AC Entangle's detonating bazooka does 50-60% stagger in v60, in v10 it seems to do 100% and is also way more accurate. Shit damage though (using Loader 04 it only does about 1000)

-Balteus missiles home better, gatling gun and flamethrower and grenade launcher are more accurate, AA range is far wider to the point that if you're in melee range when it starts up you're going to eat it (with same build/range on v60 you can easily back out of its range). The actual most dangerous thing it does is the flamethrower though, which comes out WAY faster and usually takes out almost half your life in one hit, and the double flamethrower which also comes out way faster seems to be an instant kill on Loader 04

I reconnected to the internet to play something else and the damn PS5 went and updated the game so I'll have to reinstall it again to continue but I actually really like v10.

>>22592732
From what I saw (everything up to Balteus) you don't get staggered enough to make it miserable, except the one case of Sulla who keeps instant staggering you with the stupid bazooka which doesn't even do that much damage which is really annoying.
>>
>>22581978
Are there any use for the P04 booster on a light build? Rusty 2.0 use it on his AC claiming hes fast a fuck boy but it just seem to be worse than any other booster on a light build given that its not fast enough to control distance both on the ground and in the air and its efficiency is kinda wasted by its overall bad stat. I tought that having a more efficient booster would pair well with lighter generator but ultimately it jsut seem better to use the heavier gneerator and more powerfull boosters in all use-cases. Is there something I missed?
>>
>>22592768
The pre-patch flamethrower was absolute horseshit, I'm glad they nerfed it.
>>
>>22592789
I feel like it's meant to teach you a lesson, that you should always be on a different vertical plane from the enemy. The flamethrower will basically never hit you unless you stay level for a long time, and if you apply the same lesson to Ayre or Allmind their melee attacks likewise will never hit you.
>>
>>22592798
Yeah but outside bosses nothing requires such thing, and the very next AC-like boss, Ibis, is scripted to ALWAYS be above you. Most mini bosses and hard ennemies like LC and HC are also scripted to be always above you as well as not using the energy mechanic.
>>
>>22592798
After beating Allmind a few times now, I can confidently say that Phase 1 is the annoying phase and that phase 3 is a victory lap
>>
>>22592459
Oh, and as far as the music is concerned, there's at least a couple of tracks that I like, but compared to the OSTs for AC3/SL/NX, which I can listen front to back no problem, LR's soundtrack is absolutely grating to listen to. For the handful of songs that are good (e.g. Six, Old Peal) there's tracks like Mister that are just outright annoying. I get the whole "fits the mood" thing but I'm sure if Kota was involved with the composition we could've gotten something fitting that also stood better on its own as music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaxGqy9mDD4
>>
>>22592805
Yeah the boss itself is fucking lame and the adds poking you in the back is just annoying and not fun at all.

Meanwhile phase 2's adds literally do nothing and I only hate them because they ruin the cutscene.
>>
>>22592775
i think they just used the P04 because it had a better QB performance for the fight
if he actually wanted speed it'd probably be with the P06
>>
>>22592625
Huh, neat.

>>22592659
Unless you're using the head for aesthetics, which I find hard to believe, you can fit something with better stats, namely recovery. VE-44B is pretty much perfect if you don't care about energy efficiency, but might not fit your aesthetic I guess. I think HAL is the runner-up?
Since you're already pretty fat, and now using a bigger generator, I'd fit drainier or heavier shoulders, i.e. get rid of the missile and put another FASAN, or run two LCD. But that will obviously hurt your versatility for dealing with longer ranges.

Nice colors btw. You should start putting some decals on the arms and legs if you're sure that you'll keep both of em.
>>
>>22592768
Can you use this version on PC?
>>
>>22592847
i decided to go back to the san-tai and jvln alpha since i don't know how to use ngi 000 desu, san-tai fits my play style and reactions better. i do like how kasuar looks and it's a little better stat wise than ve-44b but not defensively. 5220 supply efficiency will have to do. and yes green and red go super hard together.... i just don't know what to fill the empty space with. i'll come up with something and report back.
>>
>>22592868
sorry, meant to say the kasuar is better than hal stat wise
>>
File: file.png (189 KB, 281x268)
189 KB
189 KB PNG
>>22592868
NGI gen takes some getting used to, it helps to have a way of dumping a lot of energy fast. For biped with BUERZEL that's usually ABing and doing a bunch of side dashes, then finishing with a QB when you're about to run dry. The trick is to intentionally redline yourself whenever you have some breathing room.
That's the theory.
In practice you can just unga bunga AB toward all your targets and pop pulse armor as you run out if you're close to being staggered.

The main problem you'll run into with NGI gen is that it's not great with melee aggression, which explosive thrower really wants to do. Melee puts your energy recharge on cooldown, which SAN-TAI doesn't care about. I assume you're just using your melee correctly, but that doesn't work all that well with the generator. Not necessarily your fault.

For detailing, I'd suggest stealing ideas from whatever mecha figurine of your choice, whether Warhammer mini or gunpla. Simple stripes can be fun, consider playing with the same red or tertiary gray you're using. Edge highlights also work wonders. Think putting a red highlight around the front of the knee, right where that little seam is. Or on top of the leg. Can be meticulous to do, but worth it.
>picrel 500 hours in sharex
I'm sure you can come up with something better if you actually try.
>>
>>22592890
>melee puts energy recharge on cooldown
that makes a lot of sense. i find i never run out of energy with san-tai while being able to qb most big hits, so i'll keep it that way. good idea for the knees, i'll nab that and see what i can do, thanks for the help anon
>>
>>22592628
Have it be that the MC of the expansion is a non-coral-bonded Merc from earth, sent by corps to get Coral for money. The RLF are now in control of Rubicon with Coral-bonded AC pilots. Raven+Ayre shows up in NG as a boss, and is an ally in the NG+ alternate route. New weapons from Arquebus and Balam since the Arq forces on Rubicon undoubtedly sent the PCA tech's specs to HQ, and Balam's made new gear to try to get a leg up again. Maybe some other corp, be it from Rubicon or no, is a third party trying to take advantage of the situation.
>>
>>22592848
Probably not because it auto-updates.
>>
>>22592610
People complained about low difficulty in 4 gen too but I think, in whatever post-1-gen AC the first playthroughs are intended for fun cool stylish playing, and the real singleplayer difficulty is in collecting and S-ranking everything
I think this is even implicitly emphasized in AC6 by removing mission ranking on first plays
>>
>>22592628
Not really, failing Regain Control of the Xylem ALLMIND says she can get another coral war going even in the event of OVERSEER's total coral death success. AC6.5 could always pull a Verdict Day with the cradles and have coral release eventually happen no matter what ending happens if they time skip enough.
That said Alae Iacta Est gives them the most flexibility if they wanted a direct sequel. It took one mad scientist locking himself in a closet to kickstart coral-based horrors beyond comprehension. Now coral is everywhere, everyone has access to it. Coral parts and C-weapons have an excuse to exist off of Rubicon in excess, and new ones developed. As Walter said, where there is Coral, there is blood. Corporations will fight, countless worlds will burn, humans will suffer. But hey, Raven has Branch to go make a Raven's Nest to fill the hole ALLMIND left in the independent mercenary network, so you'll probably get a schizo waifu and a fistful of coam at least.
>>
>>22593212
>That said Alae Iacta Est gives them the most flexibility if they wanted a direct sequel
I'd imagine they'd have more flexibility with the other two endings since they can both fuck off to some other part of the galaxy and not even mention Coral.
>>
>>22593212
>>22593290
621 should show up as a boss in the sequel.
>>
Will dlc be announced on 6/21? It'd be close to a year out from release, they've gotta have something cooking.
>>
>>22593309
The Elden Ring DLC comes out on 6/21
>>
I used to think Walter was a disappointing final boss, but if you think of
>Snailbalt = Ayre
>Rusty = Walter
just fought in opposite order, then it makes more sense
>>
>>22593362
but then the laser dance is the only thing that makes Snailteus challenging
>>
>>22593368
I don't find Ayre particularly difficult either anon
>>
>>22593371
Iguazumind isn't hard either...
>>
File: 20240422103812_1.jpg (206 KB, 1920x1080)
206 KB
206 KB JPG
Ahhh Kaskedu Reinji, my beloved.
Is it possible to ADD modded parts to the game, instead of replacing existing ones?
>>
>>22592021
So AC6?
>>
>>22590934
Was Berlioz's dialogue muted for you in Marche Au Supplice? It's a weird problem I've had and I've never been able to solve it.
>>
>>22593492
NTA but even on Xbox I was never able to hear his line "In over your head, mister Mercenary?" when he kills you.
>>
>>22593492
Nope, works on my machine
>>
>>22593391
the AC6 arsenal mod does it but apparently it's a pain in the ass
>>
>>22593505
So it isn't just a PS3 problem then, interesting, though I can't hear most of his dialogue not just that one
>>22593506
What emulator were you using?
>>
>>22593302
>White Glint
>Black Glint
>Red Glint or should I say Red Phantom?
Checks out, I guess.
>>
>>22593530
Gay Rainbow Glint on Pride Month DLC
>>
>>22593511
RPCS3
>>
>>22593550
Hmm, same here, which version and where'd you get your rom? I've tried a few different sites with no difference so it could be my version of RPCS3 itself
>>
>>22593552
Got it and emulator from here. It just worked.
>>
>>22593212
>Coral parts and C-weapons have an excuse to exist off of Rubicon in excess, and new ones developed.
So, what's the actual pipeline of 'coral as fuel' -> 'coral as "voices"' -> 'coral as sapient, self aware beings'? Where's the exact cut off point between each? Ayre seems to be shocked at the fuel part revelation, expresses regret when the coral powered machinery gets destroyed ("coral voices lost again"), yet by the endgame she has no qualms with piloting a coral powered craft armed with coral powered weaponry. Then there's the ambient coral in the environment that, in high enough concentration, powers machinery that's not even originally powered by coral (player's AC during the free flying mission, assuming it has non coral generator), whether or not it's just a gameplay gimmick. Is the coral only sapient and self aware when it makes contact with a sapient and self aware being, a human in this instance, and kind of automatically assumes such complexity of thought when faced with and adapting to interact with an artificially 'augmented' organic neural network? Mingling with machinrey seems to produce 'coral voices', yet the player never actually does hear what they say, nor Ayre mentions anything aside from basically noting that they exist and can influence artificial intelligence operating various machinery, as seen with the Worm "answering to a greater imperative", which makes also makes it sound as if the Worm's ai decided by itself to protect the coral convergence instead of just being piloted/reprogrammed by the coral it ran on.
>That said Alae Iacta Est gives them the most flexibility if they wanted a direct sequel.
There's certainly a lot of potential to continuing from that point onward.
>>
>>22593578
>what's the actual pipeline of 'coral as fuel' -> 'coral as "voices"' -> 'coral as sapient, self aware beings'?
Coral seems to be an absurdly combustible organism that is capable of sapient thought and communicating with other coral. It's so combustible that the fires of IBIS supposedly burned hot enough to harm stars outside of its own system. Naturally this means that combustion engines love coral. Hence why the moment the major Corporations hear that the coral has regrown enough to harvest again they all rush off to Rubicon to mine it.
The name, coral, is likely derived from its color and the fact that it grows and converges over time.
>>
File: ACLR AC WP.jpg (1.32 MB, 1920x1080)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB JPG
>>22591948
A polished gen 3.5 Gen game with lots of mission, map, MT and part variety.
Good Co-op would be nice
Last Raven esque structure but it takes place over a month instead of a day in order to justify going to diverse environments (Cities, Snowy alps, Rainforests etc)
No hardlock, FCS lock boxes but somewhat more forgiving in sizes
Nearly every single part from 1 to LR portable
Option to pick your own OST if repeating missions
Debt
Arena with real opponents who mail you
The varied melee options from 6
Kicking
Weapon tuning and tuning for weapon arms, NO OS Tuning
Customizable AI ACs
Not very harsh turn-speed but still mattering
Hard-mode with part damage
>>
File: dolmayan_emblem.jpg (222 KB, 636x1024)
222 KB
222 KB JPG
I just realized that Father Dolmayan had a Contact and managed to find himself a coral waifu. Well, it didn't last it seems because he learned that releasing coral inside her isn't the best interest of all Rubiconians so he decided to cut the contact, which left him devastated and jaded.
>>
>>22593647
Would emblem reading be an equivalent of palm reading for Ravens?
>>
>>22593662
Does that include player emblems?
>>
File: Nice Try Kiddo.webm (3.77 MB, 720x404)
3.77 MB
3.77 MB WEBM
I haven't played since game since the first month or two since it came out. Is the coral missile launcher still busted or do I actually have to get good at the game now?
>>
File: cool emblem.jpg (77 KB, 585x831)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>22593695
I don't know, try this one out
>>
>>22593717
Shouldn't the exclamation mark be red?
>>
>>22593713
Coral missiles got nerfed very hard. The mini-missiles are much weaker now, and I believe the tracking is significantly worse. It definitely doesn't feel like the same weapon anymore, and the nerf made me stop using it because it was no longer worth the energy drain on non-NGI builds. It's kinda just a scarier, but worse active homing missile now.

Also the build in the video is trash anyway, you should in no way have success using 2 missiles and 2 chain guns, as any dedicated close range build will ignore your missiles, and any dedicated long range build will never take any damage from your chain guns. It's only low skill morons that eat the missiles by ignoring you in 3v3, and then try to fight into a statcheck AC with their low impact shrimp shitbuild, like this guy. Also you can tell just how painfully dated that webm is by the fact that it's not constant terminal armor juggling. Not that TA is universally optimal, it's just easy, and most players are hella retarded and don't realize that you need to be a burst damage build to actually make use of it.
>>
How many games in a row do you think they can get away with having a secret AI villain, but referencing white glint instead of bringing back nine-ball?
>>
>>22593778
All of them.
>>
File: 85hkki.png (329 KB, 707x400)
329 KB
329 KB PNG
>>22593778
>Somehow, Nina-Ball has returned...
>>
>>22593785
If they can have a secret underground city affected by an ancient apocalyptic disaster protected by an automated system named IBIS then it's perfectly justified to give us a little nine-ball, as a treat
It's not my fault that 4th gen is the only time AC wasn't about AI masterminds and/or ancient esoteric technology(because 4th gen was about modern doomsday technology that would go on to be ancient esoteric technology in a conflict with AI masterminds)
>>
>>22593802
There are imbligations that Otsdarva/Thermidor is an AI, since he dies in lava I mean water and then appears again.
>>
>>22593804
He must be Mertzel’s little brother then, since they’d both be Rayleonard-made AI.
>>
>>22593802
Well, isn't the whole AI being the secret mastermind/manipulating humans a reference to Nine-Ball in itself? Thematically, at least.
>>
>>22593831
Yes, Smallmind is basically moe'd Nineball.
AC6 give us both red glint and blue ball, why people are fucking complaining.
>>
>>22593831
Fuck thematics, I'm here for mechs
Give me a cool new nine-ball design and let me use the parts
>>
>>22593846
Nine-Ball DLC soon, trust the plan.
>>
>>22593837
Mind-All just ain’t Nine-Ball.
>>
ALLMIND and Ayre being the game's antagonist have their woman moment and are doomed to fail.
>>
>>22593804
I always thought he just had scuba gear or had a submarine pick him up or something. The water around Line Ark can't be that deep given the bridge and skyscrapers. He wouldn't need to sink into the water if he was an AI, he could've just blown up into little pieces like a Last Raven AC and that would be more convincing.
>>
>>22593935
Additionally if he was an AI he wouldn't need to be absent from ORCA like Malzel says in the ORCA Discord voice chat while he's running around as Otsdarva.
>>
>>22593804
White Glint also survives
>>
>>22593935
>scuba gear or had a submarine pick him up
And who operates the submarines in gen 4? Omer. Coincidence? I think not.
>>
>>22593892
>Iguazu was the one to have Allmind's woman moment
If he never died, he'd eventually come around to enjoy being outclassed by 621 all the time
>>
>>22593945
Imagine if we had an option to help iguazu. Maybe cut him some slack and have a rivalry turned friendship story arc. He deserved better.
>>
>>22593945
>>22593949
Sounds horrendously gay.
>>
>>22593346
They really like to tickle torture our balls, huh.
>>
>>22593362
You figured it out.
Snailteus is the final boss.
Walter is closure for the story and for the character. It's not meant to challenge you, it's meant to make you feel dem feelz.
>>
>>22593578
To gain sapience Coral must undergo a specific observable mutation.
>>
>>22593592
>The name, coral, is likely derived from its color and the fact that it grows and converges over time.
And also as a reference to Eureka Seven.
>>
File: Loader Skirt Lift.png (2.86 MB, 1250x1822)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB PNG
>>22593979
Nothing wrong with a little bro/m/ance.
>>
Are there any more of those shneiderifiction pics?
>>
Ayre and ALLMIND needs correction
>>
Rollback netcode in duckstation is now more stable, had a few matches on pp and it was buttery smooth (115+ ping)
Moa is still broken or some shit idk.
>>
>>22594067
>Augmented human C4-621... that's the wrong hole... kyaaaaah!!!
>>
File: sneak peek.png (228 KB, 258x318)
228 KB
228 KB PNG
>>22592659
i have given up whatever numeric advantage i could have had in favor of raw aesthetics. forgive me.
>>
God, haven't played this game in a hot minute.
Grenade Cannons are too fucking powerful, man.
>>
>>22593949
Sounds like the perfect scenario for the Redguns route.
>>
>>22594510
The OGOTO's fucking splash radius makes EARSHOT look anemic, it's so fucking massive. Only downside is that for certain missions its ammo cost ruins it, but those you can easily handle with the SIRIUS.
>>
>>22594039
Looks even of more ALLMIND style with those weird spoiler strips all over
>>
>>22594372
Cute fishnet slut you're piloting
>>
>>22594510
They're so good that you just slap them on lowest AP NEXT you can build and that's how you S rank most of things
>>
>NG++
Do i have to actively cripple myself to make the game challening? The only encounter that took me more than 3 attempts was Ayre so far.
>>
>>22594688
I'll be real, I like how they have massive splash damage. That's a nice niche for them and for the kind of NEXTs that use them. What trivializes everything is that splash damage is about the same as direct hits. It's too fucking easy to just kite and pelt one after another at a motherfucker, eating their entire PA in 3 hits and then just either keep doing it because it's so easy or just stand in front of them and blow them apart with 2-4k damage INJIL shots.
Like, come on, they're not even the BIG Grenade Cannons.
>>22594695
I now further appreciate AC4A's shoulder weapon variety, given I had very little choice for a shouldermounted ballistic weapon to compliment my shotty arms. I was hoping for at least that banana mag gun was in 4, but it's 4A exclusive.
Hoping we get a 6.5 to add just as much new and interesting shit to AC6. Proper shoulder arm-weapon mounts instead of hangars might be interesting to pair with weapon arms.
>>
>>22594700
Yes the game is easy. Just play using LOADER 4.
>>
>>22594700
Let me guess you are a zimmermonkey/tank user
>>
>>22594714
For games with focus on customisation, restricting oneself to starter builds is always fun in some special way in ACs
I wonder why?

Feels like it's a swap with how excited I had been to customize and tune everything on first playthroughs
>>
>>22594717
NTA but this is a barely-finished-one-playthrough take.
2x R-RF + 2x ACT missiles is the easiest build that can braindead through the entire game. SCUDDER if you want to just hold down your triggers the entire time. None of the bosses are hard to dodge with hard lock on, and the build plays itself.

Shit on zimmers for being OP all you like, they still require AB input and timing your shots, where rifles are as braindead as it gets.
>>
>>22594717
Zimmers are for PvP and similar PvE, comparatively useless against snipers, hordes and beefy bosses
>>
>>22594731
Zimmers are there for staggers, you want to follow up you get a double earshots or rubiconian handshake or whatever
>>
>>22594736
>4 burst damage weapons
The underlying cause of people bitching and whining about the redguns mission being too hard.
>>
File: KING'S GAMBIT.png (3.81 MB, 1668x1048)
3.81 MB
3.81 MB PNG
>>22594693
slut, you say?
hm... it does give me an idea, though...
>>
>>22594742
Desaturate and darken your reds a little. You can still change the color of a decal even once it's applied.
Full tilt vibrant red almost always looks atrocious.

I like where you're going with the shapes.
>>
>>22594739
Any in particular? i was blasting with this exact build through my playthroughs
>>
>>22594719
It's kind of a 'was it really all me or is it the car?' feeling. Styling on bosses with your dual gat wheelchair is one thing but doing it in the shitheap you start the game with just proves you got better.
>>
>>22594745
The one where Michigan takes a bad fall.
It's totally possible to beat the game with any stupid or over-optimized build that can't handle generalist tasks, but it'll be a lot harder when it doesn't work out. Lotta people struggled with that mission, presumably because the game just teaches you to button mash with shotguns, which doesn't work all that well when there's a for once semi-threatening amount of MTs, and idiots suck at adapting.
>>
>>22594754
It was easy for me - Slam earshots at any group of MTs, focus heat on Tetrapods, rush down Liger Tail - done.
>>
>>22593744
It would appropriate Coral culture if it was red tho
>>
Build seller i need you strongest glass cannon builds.
>>
>>22594764
You game can not handle my builds, Raven, you better go to a gen with stronger MTs
>>
File: KING'S GAMBIT.png (3.48 MB, 1589x1047)
3.48 MB
3.48 MB PNG
>>22594743
wew thanks, excellent call.
so yeah this is the final build, i would add more to the legs but decal counter is already filled and i am NOT optimizing it. i have done some light pvp with the build and the idea is there, now it just needs practice.
next build from will be a light one.
>>
File: 5209.jpg (464 KB, 900x790)
464 KB
464 KB JPG
>>22594780
Too much red. Especially in crotch area.
Otherwise I can see where you're going with this.
>>
>>22594754
This mission is dynasty warriors shit if you have enough ammo. I was a laser pistol user so melting the MTs wasn't a problem. Too bad Balam doesn't have any LCs and HCs, that would have made it a lot more challenging. The little guys in 6 don't do enough damage in general. Remember that first mission with the flying spheres in AC2 that just pepper you and will melt your AC if you don't maneuver and use cover carefully, that's what they should have next time. Most of the tough parts in AC6 come from not dodging a boss's big attack and not enough from constant chip damage and the pressure of insane repair costs after the fact.
>>
File: Vespers.jpg (672 KB, 3798x1512)
672 KB
672 KB JPG
Choose.
>>
>>22595165
Fem Snail has the best body but because the charter is ruined by glasses I'm going to have to go with Maeterlinck.
>>
>>22595165
I want to cuddle with Fem Hawkins in the wee hours of the morning before getting out of bed and in the quiet hours when we head to rest
And if I wake up in the middle of the night I am plowing the shit out of her before passing out again
>>
>>22595165
Still not going to join the Vespers even if they made them all female in the game.
>>
>>22595165
O'Keeffe is perfect.
Disappointed that Maeterlinck isn't a shota bullied by Freud and Rusty in this universe though.
>>
File: 1712496565656.png (1.43 MB, 1900x928)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB PNG
Anyone else have feedback re: pic related? I've noticed some improvements visually but certain effects (ex: strider detonation) still trigger some visual slow-down.
>>
>>22595433
The point of this mod is just to circumvent the restriction that EAC places on the application, allowing you to set CPU priority above normal. Normally you'd do it just by right-clicking an app in the Details tab of task manager, but EAC prevents any admin-level access to the process.
All it does in practice is shift the game's priority above other tasks in the system. It's usually a good idea to have games set above normal so that they are prioritized over background tasks like your web browser, but it's not a performance fix and won't magically make your CPU give more than it could otherwise, it just lessens the effect of Windows deciding to do a scan in the background while you play and can have some funny but unintended side effects, like fucking over your internet connection if you put the app's priority over your network driver while your CPU is throttling.
>>
>>22595230
>glasses
>ruined
Shit tastes
>>
>>22595165
Maeterlinck of course, I am not into trannies.
>>
>>22595165
>rule 63 of Vespers
>no rule 63 of muscle dommy mommy drill sergeant Michigan
It's not fair.
>>
Which death made you saddest in AC6?
I think it was G6 for me.
>>
>>22595736
i don't know how would femguns look like but im sure iguzau would be a smelly femcel
>>
>>22595849
Liberator route Walter.
>>
>>22595165
What the fuck have you done to my buddy Rusty
>>
>>22595718
Nobody, real or fictional, has EVER looked better with glasses. Megane fags only pretend to like glasses *because* it brings girls down a few points and paints an image that this is a nerdy/geeky cute girl that could fall for them.
>>
>>22596126
I am sorry that you can't appreciate rectangular glasses
>>
>>22596131
Yes, eye cages look better all of a sudden if they have corners. Bizarre cope.
>>
>>22595165
>no male maeterlinck
one fucking job
>>
>>22595849
Novice pilot. He just wanted a callsign of his own.
>>
Why did /acg/ move from /vg/ to here?
>>
>>22596237
Hello I indeed like Ace Combat
>>
Rate my gameplay
>>
>>22596237
Why yes, I enjoy Animal Crossing
>>
>>22596258
Indifferent
The only builds I find satisfactory are either melee or Loader 4
>>
>>22596237
yooo i love asseto corsica
>>
>>22596237
Actual answer: /acg/ was semi-frequently too slow to survive getting outbumped to page 10 on /vg/ shortly before the merger, and since this community was on /m/ for the longest time anyway, merging was only natural.
>>
File: aa.gif (261 KB, 220x220)
261 KB
261 KB GIF
>someone posts their "new" ACVI build
>it's just nachtreiher with basho arms and a head that doesn't match
>>
Rate my build
>>
>>22596393
You're an enormous faggot for using LAMERGAYER legs, and an enormous retard for using SPD on tetra legs when boost speed doesn't apply to hover.
>>
>>22593643
>Debt
That thing would only matter if you couldn't just replay missions.
It's way more complex mechanic than being able to get negative pay at the end of missions. That's why they scrapped it so early on, it's too much to account for, while most players will just reload their save instead of going into debt spiral.
>>
File: 20230919102224_1.jpg (304 KB, 1920x1080)
304 KB
304 KB JPG
>>22596393
>I want iridescent paint but too lazy to make my own/10
>>
>>22595165
>Hawkins
made for redgun dick. unf

Also, there was the anon playing on 1.0 and i gotta say, it was worth going back to. i dunno why but if feels.. nicer? the fact that you drop faster after booster cutoff and falling just makes dodging shit like blades feel better.
>>
don't forget the subject this time, you goofballs
>>
>>22596701
All the generals I visit forget to put the subject, it's unreal
>>
Happy hunting.
>>22596866
>>
>>22596225
Poor sod just had to come across the deadliest pilot on the entire planet.
>>
>>22596258
Cancerous.
But nice paint scheme.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.