[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1561019507981.jpg (66 KB, 640x417)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
Found this pic going through old folders
>>
When will Raideen get translated.
>>
>>22582369
>>
>>22582356
Wait, how’s dunbine more scientific than mazinger Z? The show actually does go through some interesting scientific elements for mazinger Z that makes it a more “realistic” super robot compared to its successors afterwards.
>>
>>22582356
doesn't votoms have god in it? though, maybe it's just talking about pre-OVA votoms
a modern version of this woulf probably have flag in the top right and votoms in a slightly more moderate position
>>
>>22582356
What would be in the top left?
>>
>>22582677
You should be asking that for most of the series, including VOTOMS. They never even mention how Scopedogs are powered, let alone why no one simply uses mines to stop them
It's almost like this is just a bait image meant to start arguments and you got caught like a retard

>>22582739
Mazinger Z
Most Gundams
Dancouga
Gunbuster
>>
>>22582739
my first guess would be Galient
>>
>>22582748
We know that ATs have the single most flammable fuel in existence thanks to that one Mellowlink episode.
>>
>>22582791
PRS was mentioned in the main series too, i'm sure. more importantly, Mellowlink also depicts the use of mines against ATs and goes into more detail about anti-AT infantry tactics
that anon clearly didn't watch VOTOMS and i actually thought he was just baiting
>>
>>22582803
I watched it a long time ago but I can even kind of remember the use of mines in Mellowlink
What I can't remember is any actual discussion about ATs at all, why they are not rendered obsolete by mines and proximity explosives, how their joints can somehow take the stress of skating and sliding around at all times but not the stress of an airdrop, why the fuck the Standing Tortoise was designed with the optics in a fixed, immovable position, etc.
VOTOMS did not give a single fuck about the logic behind its mecha
>>
>>22582748
> It's almost like this is just a bait image meant to start arguments and you got caught like a retard
Impossible, my anti bait skills have prevented trolls from baiting me, did they finally manage to hook me this time? Looks like my machine is in need of a second season upgrade.
>>
>>22582886
>VOTOMS did not give a single fuck about the logic behind its mecha
Duh, that's because it's a Real
>>
>>22582886
>why they are not rendered obsolete by mines and proximity explosives
For the same reason any guided missile doesn't render any tank/ship/plane/heli obsolete, or why bullets and grenades don't render infantry obsolete
>>
>>22585486
>For the same reason any guided missile doesn't render any tank/ship/plane/heli obsolete
cost of production? Mines aren't more expensive than robots
Cheaply produced kamikaze drones more or less have rendered heavy duty vehicles obsolete in modern conflicts, btw

>bullets and grenades don't render infantry obsolete
because they're fucking useless without infantry? Mines aren't

So no, I don't think it's the same reason. I think perhaps VOTOMS chose to follow the story of one guy rather than a war so that Takahashi wouldn't have to think too hard about how large scale AT conflicts would play out and would therefore have an excuse not to explain why no one is using the extremely obvious counter to ground based heavy duty machines with more maneuverability than your average pilot can keep up with
>>
>>22585501
>Cheaply produced kamikaze drones more or less have rendered heavy duty vehicles obsolete in modern conflicts, btw
They said the same thing about man-portable anti-tank launchers like 75 fucking years ago, and people keep parroting the same shit every 10 to 20 years. They're not gonna stop making drones, and they still haven't stopped making "heavy duty vehicles". Ain't no one scrambling to dump their existing supply of vehicles or figure out a replacement.

>because they're fucking useless without infantry?
Why would you need infantry for those things? Just use a drone to deliver them, dumbfuck.
>>
>intergalactic warfare? yeah I know all about dat shit nigga I know all about how it'd play out trust me they should jusy strategically plant mines in every square inch of the planet and problem solved how bout dat?
This is why american fiction fucking sucks and no one takes your """entertainment""" seriously.
>>
>>22585619
their spaceships don't even have fucking radiators, even gundam eventually put those on
>>
>>22582748
>Gunbuster
Get that shit out of this discussion
>>
>>22582748
>Gunbuster
Keep that shit in this discussion
>>
>>22585505
This post caught his tongue so good he went into hush mode. Burst into flames like an inflammable AT.
>>
File: 1645430263422.gif (814 KB, 300x225)
814 KB
814 KB GIF
His argument burst into flames like an inflammable AT. IMAO HOLY SHIT
>>
>>22586943
>>22586945
Samefag.
>>
>>22586948
Yes! :)
>>
>>22582739
Escaflowne? Knights and Magic?
>>
>>22582356
>Eva
>Realistic
I feel like Japs' brains turn off automatically when they see Eva
>>
>>22588656
>I feel like Japs' brains turn off automatically when they see Eva
Might be some truth to that. They really are not familiar with christian iconography like westerners are. So the religious symbolism might give them a unique & curious dopamine hit. I really don't know.
>>
>>22588656
Everyones do

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.