[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

GundamINFO's at it again. They're uploading the whole of Narrative on Friday.
>>
NT fucking sucks.
>>
they should upload a good movie instead
>>
>>22583290
I just joined the waiting queue. Very excited to finally get to watch this in hell.
>>
>>22583290
easily the single most shameful product. cant believe anybody signed off on this big piece of shit
>>
>>22583290
Gundam NTR
>>
>>22583290
>Whole of
As opposed to half a film?
>>
>>22583567
What would of have it then been?
>>
Michelle is hot
>>
>>22583290
The worst gundam movie for free? Well it still has no value & didn't need to be made in the first place.
>>
>>22583290
Victory doesn't get streamed yet this steaming pile of shit does, fuck this shit.
>>
I liked the Narrative Gundam. It doesn't save the movie though, not even close.
>>
>>22583290
i keep hearing this movie is bad. what is exactly wrong about it?
>>
>>22583567
As opposed to in pieces like the rest of Unicorn
>>
>>22583394
That's Stardust Memory.
>>
>>22583366
That's Twilight Axis
>>
>>22583735
Having cool designs and animation should not be enough to make something good. Especially if the story is an active detriment to everything going on. Just look at how Unicorn bombed on Toonami.
>>
>>22583749
Nothing, while its not the best movie by any means, its a nice lil side story. Redditards like this thread shit on it for "continuity and pacing" even though knowing full well its like a less than two hour gundam movie.
>>
>>22583749
It's Unicorn on steroids.
>>
I once heard Fukui get called the Tom Clancy of Japan.
>>
>>22583923
You just demolished CCA with that criterion, take it easy.

>>22584125
KEK. Maybe he should've stuck with verisimilar military stories instead of mecha
>>
>>22583290
Best UC movie.
>>22583923
You don't watch much anime or you got brain washed by "only plot and characters matter" propaganda.
>>
>>22583751
It’s one film. Fuck anon you retarded
>>
>>22584465
It's an hours-long movie. I still remember when people sliced up their uploads instead of them all trying to be Quinton Reviews.
>>
>>22584295
>You don't watch much anime or you got brain washed by "only plot and characters matter" propaganda
I want the voices in my head to stop hurting me. And for that to happen I need to find a show that doesn't have anything that pisses me off in it. Or has tons and tons of shipping.
I don't think mecha is for me, I can't really pick favorites in mech designs.
>>
>>22584283
CCA's story is literally fine

>>22584295
Meds
>>
>>22585646
>CCA's story is literally fine
>magical pregnancy/metaphor
>Gyunei
>Hathaway
>No explanation for where Char's been for six years or why he's leading Neo Neo Zeon despite hating politics
>No explanation where Neo Neo Zeon came from after Neo Zeon fell apart and got crushed by the Feddies at the end of ZZ
>>
File: LqKJHy5.jpg (387 KB, 2048x1536)
387 KB
387 KB JPG
>>22584125
>>
>>22586033
LOL that's even more insulting
>>
>>22584498
This is not a problem that will ever be solved by simply distracting yourself. You need to deal with whatever is causing this issue directly.
>>
>>22586054
I can't go to a therapist. I'm worried they'll call the police if I tell them shit like "I want to shoot up a public place in the name of the Aryan Reich, and I think Hitler was right when he said the only good humans died fighting off the Bolshevik hordes in WW2 and believe humanity should all be exterminated in revenge for destroying the greatest human civilization ever in Nazi Germany".
>>
>>22586025
>thinking during a movie
You're not even trying to suspend disbelief.
Next you're gonna be telling me characters should make sense and have a consistent character that's presented through dialogue and actions.
>>
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting. No (You).
That or capeshit has done immeasurable damage to people's psyche
>>
>>22586025
>>magical pregnancy/metaphor
Wtf?
>>
File: GB0PeKgW8AAKaQ6.jpg (253 KB, 1674x942)
253 KB
253 KB JPG
Reminder that Rita masterminded everything and Michelle didnt actually want the time manipulating powers of Phenex. if they want the time manipulating powers, they can slap the psycoframe on Narrative, since Unicorn psycoframe is compatible with Narrative, then they can use Narrative's psycofield and do some timey-wimey magic.
>>
File: 46299.jpg (27 KB, 225x350)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>22584125
I bet those are his words & no one else's
>>
>>22586863
Are you criticizing CCA or defending it? I've seen a bunch of people utter shit like this unironically when defending Unicorn.
>>
>>22586894
The glowing bauble Chan carries on her/Beltorchika's unborn baby having super-potent Newtype powers. There's a random female pilot who gets beaten by Chan similar to how Fuala loses to Marbet in Victory.
>>
>>22587227
Missing stuff on the nose like this is why we can't have honest conversation with speedwatching anons
>>
>>22587256
Most of the gundam discussion on this board is driven entirely on memes by people who didn't watch the shows.
>>
>>22583366
What's so bad about gundaminfo? The service is kind of crap and they randomly upload and remove series but its free so I can't complain.
>>
>>22587279
Or they're Duel and they're trying to recreate the Five Monkeys experiement.
>>
>>22583290
>>22583301
>>22583307
>>22583366
>>22583394
>>22583588
>>22583601
Reminder: You may not LIKE Gundam NT's story. But it is one of the recent Gundam projects where everything is hand drawn and animated by hand. No CGI was used. So it proves hand drawn animation is still possible. They didn't take the easy way out and use CGI like Hathaway. Show this Gundam movie some respect!
>>
>>22587377
>You may not LIKE Gundam NT's story
No one said that
>>
>I wanna be a bird!
Yes, let's waste the movie's limited time showing this scene five more times. Surely this meaningless flashback and the MC's realization that he also wants to be a bird will be very important!
>>
>>22583290
should I watch Unicorn first?
>>
>>22587543
They're the same thing. Narrative is just a condensed version. Just depends on how you prefer taking a ball-peen hammer to the gonads.
>>
>>22587377
The concept that they could have given a shit about what they're doing and instead decided to funnel that effort into this rather than G-Witch or The Origin is more likely to make me angry than tolerant.
>>
>>22587217
>I've seen a bunch of people utter shit like this unironically when defending Unicorn.
CCA & Unicorn are obviously not of the caliber. Also unicorn is better than NT too. NT looks like crap.
>>
>>22587227
Did you even watch CCA?
>>
>>22587377
Nigge, shut up. You're just mad no one in the world thinks that dog shit is good but (you).
>>
>>22587423
>>I wanna be a bird!
Wtf? was that scene even about? What's the point?
>>
>>22586025
>No explanation for where Char's been for six years or why he's leading Neo Neo Zeon despite hating politics
zeta is your explanation.
>>
>>22588796
1)
He didn't watch it.
2)
He speedwatched it
>>
>>22588789
girl wanna be a bird. it's not hard, m8
>>
File deleted.
>>22587279
I use Aniwave.to and I don't speedwatch.
>>
>>22588955
>Brrrrp
>>
>>22588948
>it's not hard,
Not hard? Yeah, I don't want to hear that if you find NT better than any other gundam movie.
>>
File: IMG_8359.jpg (113 KB, 661x721)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
>>22587377
Yeah and it looks like shit
>>
The stream's finished.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnOYrla5lD4
Fuckton of gooks who were watching in chat. Apparently it was 8PM in Korea.

There's also a dub version for people who want to bash it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ylOEjdJYKg
>>
>>22588820
Get off your high horse
>>
>>22589021
Gundam has never had good movies. Gundam has never been good, period. If you don't enjoy bad media, you should just kill yourself.
>>
>>22587377
>everything is hand drawn and animated by hand. No CGI was used.
Bullshit. The Phenex itself was 100% CGI in the majority of its appearances.
>>
>>22589172
Gundam has some of the best movies in the medium. (CCA) That's a universal agreed opinion. Anyone baiting otherwise out of sheer cope should blow their filtered brains out with a pump action shotgun or hang themselves. Like (you). Someone that's so high on their own horse shit that they act snobbish & prideful on hating good media. You little weasel.
>>
>>22589076
No anime movie should have character art quality that look like this
>>
>Gundam has some of the best movies in the medium. (CCA)
Also encounters in space too. A medium defining classic.
>>
>>22589171
If this is (you) >>22589172
Practice what you preach. You hypocritical no self awareness retard.
>>
I watched Narrative last night and thought it was pretty fun. Good action, and effect, some drama. I enjoyed it despite the turned up to 100 newtype mega space magic.
>>
>>22590224
>That's a universal agreed opinion
No it isn't you jackass
>>
It's a really flawed and dumb movie and I'd love to know what went on during its production. I'm all but sure it was meant to be some ONA or multimedia thing like Twilight Axis, but got bumped up to being a theatrical release when Hathaway's Flash was lagging behind or something. Either way, it reeks of something that was pushed out the door to sell some (mostly repainted/retooled)Gunpla and keep UC on the fans' minds for another year. Psychoframe having the ability to literally rewind time is still a retarded retcon.

The animation is really inconsistent. The weird art style is ugly and strange. Not really keen on Jona's arc. Mostly since it kinda putters out. Banagher showing up just to fire the beam magnum and yell SORA DEMO is delightfully retarded.

I do dig all the new tacticool attachments on the Jestas though. And the ending fight is really nicely animated for the most part. I like how memetic the poster art is and Zoltan's design is so shitty it loops back around to being amazing.
>>
>>22583290
Wait theres just a massive volatile fuel storage by the moon that could destroy the earth? That seems like an incredibly valuable position to hold as a Samson option. There's no way characters like Ghiren, Delaz, Char, or FF wouldn't have leveraged such a potent tool.
>>
>>22590860
I believe this movie was supposed to be the final goodbye to Zeon. After the Sleeves were destroyed during the events of Gundam Unicorn, the final remaining remnants of Neo Zeon were used in this film as last and final Antagonists.

They weren't many Neo Zeon left either. Just enough Zeon sympathizers left to fill a single ship. Most of the crew are younger kids lead by a few older adults. After 20 years of fighting, this is all that remains of Neo Zeon's army.

One last goodbye. One last blaze of glory before fading into the night.
>>
Even if it kind of sucks, it at least has a Sawano OST.
>>
>>22591051
I could watch Attack on Titan and enjoy myself ten times more.
>>
Would you want to become a bird, anon?
>>
>>22590916
>Final goodbye to Zeon
Until Mars Zeon rises up 20 years later.
>>
>>22590856
Yes it is, dipshit
>>
>>22591051
The sawano ost is pretty good
>>
>>22591268
No it's not. Anyone who's not a Gundam fan thinks CCA is up its own ass.
>>
>>22591363
Dumbass. You're so pathetic and dishonest. Non Gundam fan viewers of CCA just find it to be a fun action movie. They never find anything psued or "up its own ass about" about it. try harder, retard.
>>
>>22592127
I am literally looking at a Toonzone thread from 2003 that says otherwise.
>>
>>22591363
At least it has something to say and some interesting themes I think about to this day. I'd take that over a muddled, half-assed presentation any day.
>>
>>22592510
>a muddled, half-assed presentation
You just described CCA.
>>
>>22592478
>Toonzone
Imao, go back.
>>22592536
Nope. Meds.
>>
>>22592510
This. Tomino self inserted with CCA as well with the theme of looking past our differences & dogma & do something right that makes more sense, while NT is bad guy evil, non characters must stand around talking & fan fiction exposition about newtypes & lore. Also cool action now. So forgettable.
>>
>>22583290
Watched it for the first time last night. The added exposition around the Unicorn debacle was refreshing and I liked the MS designs that came from it, but the newtype shenanigans left a bad taste in my mouth. The "conquering time" plotpoint felt woefully underdeveloped, Jona's arc feels really unsatisfying, and also Rita staging everything unintentionally paints her as a really shitty person who led a bunch of people to pointless deaths.
>>
>>22594843
NT's use of stock footage from previous shows just makes me wanna watch them instead.

For me, a big part of why NT is just so utterly meh is that Jona's arc sorta goes nowhere. He keeps saying he wants a reason to keep going and something to show him that life isn't miserable and that he has a reason to live. But then nothing really changes. His only friend dies, he rides the Phenex for two seconds and then Banagher basically says "SORA DEMO someday you'll have something to live for".

It just sorta stalls out for him.
>>
>>22594878
The movie didn't care at all for its characters, i feel. They were shallow plot devices for the new lore dump with potential for something more, idk.
>>
>replying to namefag tranny
When will newfags learn?
>>
>>22594898
Yeah. The movie is just a weird stopgap thing to shill some gunpla and introduce more weird psychoframe lore. Which is dumb. The more you explain it beyons "weird psychic technology that does stuff we can't explain sometimes" the more retarded it gets.
>>
>>22595354
>complaining about getting more cool robots
Communist.
>>
>>22595358
If we got a ton of new mecha, I'd gripe less. But we just got variants and retools aside from the Narrative itself.

>Sleeves Sinanju Stein
>Phenex with tassels
>Even more tacticool Jesta
>Dijeh with a new paintjob
>>
>>22595325
>>22595358
Go back
>>
>>22595354
No, it was literally just made for the status in Odaiba.
>>
>>22591160
Not canon.
>>
>>22590916
They weren't even actual Sleeves, though. They were all Republic of Zeon military personnel essentially posing as Sleeves/Neo-Zeon.
>>
File: dafuq.png (267 KB, 449x391)
267 KB
267 KB PNG
>>22600971
>Not canon.
It is though?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.