[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

How would you fix it?
>>
>>22584547
Punch Quattre in the eye
>>
>>22584547
Cancel 0079 before it even enters production.
>>
>>22584547
How can you fix perfection?
>>
What is there to fix, exactly?
>>
File: wingzero mercurius.png (1.4 MB, 1681x1069)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB PNG
Why fix anything?
It was a product of it's time and aged remarkably well considering how it's a prime example of lazy 90s writing. As a time piece it's still enjoyable for being silly as hell, plus it still has some great shots and designs.

They did make it remarkably hard to expand on the universe (ignore Frozen Teardrop) because of how they wrapped up the series.
Trying to do anything with the same cast just sounds like a recipe for disaster. They'd need skip to the future where everyone is long gone- So unless they handle the generational gap in MS/setting design well it'd probably go over better if they just make an entirely new setting.

But if I were to answer your question outright I'd get rid of the Gundam team. Shit like that just doesn't sit well with me, could barely sit through 00 either. No better way to show off that your target audience is children than to have your own Justice League where everyone has weird niche abilities. Bloating the cast too much just leads to 35 episodes of character drama and interaction, which gets annoying when at least half of it is just them complaining about how bad war is and how sad everything is.
>>
>>22584594
Spinoffs to 'expand' a series are generally cancer.

Just look at both Frozen Teardrop and G-Unit, both fucking worthless.
>>
>>22584547
I’d give it the general plot of X but keep all the designs and characters
>>
>>22584599
G-unit is cool
>>
>>22584605
G-unit has cool designs but it was a snoozefest.
I still need to read the remake to see if it made it at least passable.
>>
it's already perfect
>>
Quatre should have been the character. You might argue he's not much of a character, but he's the only Gundam pilot with any sort of ideology at all, even if it's a boring one. Plus, he's technically a Newtype and directly responsible for creating the ZERO System
>>
Cut the runtime in half, completely remove both Romefeller and White Fang and just have Oz be the sole antagonists instead of retreading the same political takeover plot 3 times, keep Dorothy and roll her into Oz since she's decent. Have some actual political intrigue between the Alliance, Oz, Sanc and the Colonies instead of having everyone in every faction be a nameless goon that folds instantly and gives up absolute political power to the named characters overnight. Give the main cast any actual backstory or development without needing Endless Waltz to do it after the fact. Give the full main cast their upgraded mobile suits before the last 5 fucking episodes so they have something to do and half of them don't spend 40% of the show's length sitting on their hands.
>>
>>22584836
>remove rich white man Illuminati
Do you hate fun?
>>
>>22584863
He's a rich white man so he feels attacked lol
>>
>>22584863
I just think they're boring. Dermail and the other mobile doll obsessed guy I can't even remember the name of are losers and nowhere near as entertaining as Treize or Zechs, and they don't really bring anything new to the table either before they both die pathetically in retarded fashion and hand political power over to the next group of dipshits.
>>
>>22584547
Less time in space since that's where the show drags the most.
>>
More Noin.
>>
You can't fix excellence.
>>
>>22584882
Post hands.
>>
>>22584547
Whats there to fix? Its great as is.
>>
File: DSC07322-276281754.jpg (112 KB, 1600x1200)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
>>22584547
More Wing, the poor thing barely did anything.
>>
>>22584547
Simply the story like this anon said >>22584836 . Also actually have the characters work try and work together more.
Overall, call it nostalgia, but I love Gundam Wing. It got me into Gundam and I’ll always love it. It’s stupid, and nonsensical, but a fun ride.
>>
>>22584547
More Epyon
>>
>>22584547
I don't remember this one too much. I think I enjoyed it. It had good Gundam elements, which modern Gundam anime doesn't do that well in my opinion. Modern Gundam animes have gone way off course from their core beliefs. I've been screaming tears all morning over the lost Gundam ethos. The shows need more movement. I don't like these new Gundam designs bro, they make me so anxious. They're cool I guess because something new is always exciting. The only problem with that is it never feels right in our hearts.
>>
File: areGundam.jpg (59 KB, 471x676)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>22592392
I get you're baiting but
>Modern Gundam animes have gone way off course from their core beliefs
You can only rehash the same exact fucking message so many times before people get tired of it.
Gundam is an intimidating series to get in to when there's like a dozen series, movies and OVAs to go through. Today's audiences are likely to veer away from it because jingling keys in the form of modern shows being released constantly.
>>
>>22584547
Trieze wins against that faggot Wufei and becomes world leader. Gundams fuck off back to colonies. God I hate wugay.
>>
>>22594908
Wufei is misogynist though so he's more based.
>>
File: GL7Q27kaIAAlnip.jpg (2.16 MB, 4096x3118)
2.16 MB
2.16 MB JPG
>>22584547
I wouldn't. Wing is perfect as is and I love it.
My favourite Gundam show.
>>
>>22591980
It never made any sense to have them "come together more" since they were all supposed to be doing the same thing. If anything, I would've argued for greater division, have them tear up more Alliance/OZ shit and then realize they have to come together better.
>>
File: dafuq.png (267 KB, 449x391)
267 KB
267 KB PNG
>>22594972
Sexism is bad though.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.