[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: armored_core.png (1.36 MB, 1200x675)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB PNG
So seeing how Armored Core 6 and the Front Mission remasters went what do you think the future looks like for /m/ games? Is more mecha even viable within the current video game industry?
>>
>>22586066
things will be looking good when SLAI or gungriffon get official sequels
i don't think enough people were convinced by AC6 to try developing for the lite sim side of the genre and the FM remasters are rather niche
>>
>>22586066
GBO3 when?
>>
File: AC6spin.webm (122 KB, 640x360)
122 KB
122 KB WEBM
AC6 killed it off on the armored core side of things, it's going to be soulsshit all the way down from here. Best we can hope for is something new or the likes of mechwarrior going to an actually competent developer which seems unlikely.
>>
File: Mitch.jpg (134 KB, 979x517)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
>>22586158
Phantom Crash/SLAI aren't getting true sequels any time soon, Genki hasn't been a serious game dev in more than a decade, they do contract work for other studios now mostly. GunGriffon would be sick, but i think it's a similar situation with their devs, they're stuck doing endless HD remasters, and being contracted out to help develop other stuff largely. If FM2R does well on PC we might see more releases of old stuff from square like the other FM's.

Mechwarrior's not leaving PGI any time soon, iirc as far as we knew their license was good til 2025, but EG7's claiming they'll have another new standalone MW title out by 2027 after Clans comes out this year. So they might already have extended the license, or think it's a sure bet. pic rel (also peep the fucking factual errors in their own investor presentations)
>>
>>22586180
Considering how long they took to do the port, gonna be a while so that it can be considered as worth the effort.
>>
File: oldgen pvp be like.gif (264 KB, 1200x650)
264 KB
264 KB GIF
>>22586509
I’ll never get why you mekkaweebs get all hung up on something as trivial as turning speeds. Gundam Evolution didn’t need it, you know.
>>
>>22586836
>get all hung up on something as trivial as turning speeds
Armored core's aerial combat is bulit around the concept of "shooting your opponent at an angle THEY can't shoot back"
Without it, you get shit like this https://youtu.be/4MBVYW4oWZw?si=OLbw0ZeBc39hNUYB (2:14:00)

It either devolves into a messy button mash brawl OR a time-out rat simulator
>>
>>22586509
>it's going to be soulsshit
I like how everyone said this is what it was gonna be and then it didn't turn out to be that at all and now you have some real mindbroken hardliners living in an alternative timeline who pretend it's true.
Pure autism.
>>
>>22586968
We were wrong about ac6 being a souls-like.
It's actually a sekiro-like.
>>
>>22586968
Anon, it literally has an estus heal.
>>
>>22586836
That gif is unironically good. The heavyweight is a noob and standing still, while the lightweight is freely taking advantage of that.

Now, if he had turn boosters...
>>
File: 61mDpKoiGaS._AC_SL1500_.jpg (118 KB, 1404x1342)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>>22586066
Armored Core 6 is not a mech game to begin with. It's just a Sekiro game with guns, an over-reliance on stagger, unbelievably weak fodder enemies and overly difficult bosses just like Sekiro, and just about everything you do is basically locked to whoever you're TA'ing to. The max radius for 'losing' TA is 9999.0 in the code, faggot. All the shit like estus, hardlock and whatnot was a complete and utter after thought forced by Bandai.
Best part is that every mech game trying to ride on AC6's "success" is now going to be just as soulless and worthless. Give it up, it's over.
>>
>>22587035
I've been playing AC for 20 years and I liked 6 a lot, get the stick out of your ass, faggot. The game is self-published by FROM in Japan. These games have had massive changes in gameplay and controls over the years and if you can't see that, then you're retarded.
>>
File: GGYmBc9bwAEkQX6.png (688 KB, 680x573)
688 KB
688 KB PNG
>>22587044
and you're talking to the man with 14000 hours in the series alone. AC6 is a fucking travesty in terms of gameplay and music. Everything else is great, but it plays like ass and has fundamental problems that not even a 'Silent Line' or 'Verdict Day' would fix just by tweaking the numbers a little. Yes, Old, 4th and 5th gen are all distinctly different but they're fundamentally still mecha games. AC6 is not a mech game.
>>
>>22587069
You can fix ac6 by reworking a single mechanic.
>ASSAULT BOOST
Its such a limiting, braindead movement option.
a stark contrast compared to the free-form OB and glide boost.
>>
>>22587080
That still doesn't fix
>Hardlock genuinely magnetizing your AC into an orbit around what you are targeting, making you turn a full 180 just to fire off something if need be
>The camera facing direction and AC direction are not locked, not 'true' WASD movement like previous titles
>The worthless MTs that barely pose any threat whatsoever
but yes, I do agree that Assault Boost is fucking retarded due to how it locks you in place before it fucking goes off.
>>
>>22587082
>due to how it locks you in place before it fucking goes off
Thats not the main problem, I would list all the issues of ab but this video covers most of it.
https://youtu.be/hNj5Fj3zLXk?si=ACPcyNDkF2INThnU
>>
File: allsmirks.png (45 KB, 186x186)
45 KB
45 KB PNG
>>22587095
oh, it's you, celtic lmao
what's up? it's rhob
anyways, continuing, i do agree with a lot of the points in the video but personally, AC6 just feels incredibly stiff despite having possibly everything to make it feel like a great AC game. that sekiro director and bandai's meddling is what held the game back, man

my personal biggest issues is just the over-reliance on stagger and the stilted as hell movement mechanics, like the AB shit you mentioned but also how QBs work, alongside the little difference between LWs and HWs
>>
I think we are likely to see another Armored Core title in the coming years. Miyazaki said in interviews that AC6 was a success, not everything was perfect, and he was determined to continue. Not likely that anything will happen while Elden Ring is still going since its magnitudes more profitable and popular. I doubt a For Answer/Verdict Day type release is viable in the industry now, which is a shane because AC6 could really benefit from one considering the parts selection is limited compared to the other games
>>
>>22587590
I think we're more likely to see a DLC of some kind as opposed to a second game like the old days. Or maybe some new parts. I kinda get the impression that the new parts they have added just weren't ready in time for launch.
>>
>>22587598
hopefully they've got something in store for may 17th. they announced that date in advanced on steam so that's what some players are fixating on
>>
>>22587598
I agree. The Lammergeier frame makes me think that because it rounds out the tetrapod leg selection to have a light, medium, and heavy option. The real question is whether or not a DLC this far from release would be profitable, and I don't think it would since most people have moved on from AC6 by now
>>
>>22587633
there are medium tetra legs? both the other options are significantly heavy.
>>
>>22587640
The first set you get are lighter than the second set and heavier than the Lammgrier so they're technically medium.
>>
>>22587026
It literally has a healing item. Is every single game with health potion a souls like? You sound deranged
>>
>>22586066
I want Armored Core 6:Subtitle/7 NOW. I WANT IT NOOOWWWWW!!!
RIP the old ACs though, your clunk will never be forgotten
>>
>>22586509
>Mechwarrior
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>22587035
>Armored Core 6 is not a mech game to begin with
Seems like it is to me, as you use a mech.
>>
File: mechabreakexteel.png (663 KB, 632x923)
663 KB
663 KB PNG
>>22586066
Mecha Break is going into closed beta in the next week or so and I got in. Super stoked.

I think Mech games are in a better spot than they were say, 5 years ago. Seeing as how the current video game industry is starting to lean more towards indi devs than AAA games, there is a chance for niche games in general to rise up.
>>
File: 1703796586167.png (98 KB, 512x288)
98 KB
98 KB PNG
>>22588164
But will we get more with tomboys in bikinis/topless?
>>
>>22588164
mechabreak being an exteel-like would rule
>>
>>22586066
idk but I am going to eternally get a kick out of the fact that AC6 was a massive success but every fan of the game is somehow convinced it's over for the AC franchise and we are never getting any new mech game ever again. what's funnier is that From themselves have stated they had little hopes for the game but we're super surprised and satisfied by it's success and are already thinking about how to improve on it in the future, this confirming the will be working on AC again
>>
>>22588424
Really it was a good model for things, Elden Ring alone more than financed it having the the lower price tag. Plus that tag means they reasonably budgeted the game so even if the sales weren't AAA numbers it didn't matter. Plus the company is a household name now. By all accounts it seems like AC is pretty back.
>>
>>22586836
>>22587035
>an option to automate quick turns is available
>quick turns now cost as much energy as quick boosts
>when groundbound, "kick turns" are made available, which generally cost less energy but are impacted by leg stats
How’s this for a compromise?
>>
>>22588777
Combining 4's quick turn and 5's drift turn might work, auto quickturn sounds like a noob trap desu.
Coral gen, infinite flight bulids and the redline mechanic in general will need a rework if these changes were to happen.
>>
>>22588424
>but every fan of the game is somehow convinced it's over for the AC franchise
most fans i've talked to online loved 6 though
>>
>>22589182
I'm not saying they didn't love it, most fans I've talked to are borderline obsessed with it, it's just that simultaneously they are convinced it's over for AC and mech games in general...for no reason. They will accept that they loved the game, everyone else loved the game, it was a huge success, more people want more of the game but...it's over...for some reason
>>
Armored Core 6 is mecha kino, but I hope the franchise goes more into the Souls-like direction as I prefer skill based gameplay and difficulty over build-based one.

As for Front Mission, unless it comes to PC I don't give a shit.
Been itching to replay 4 though.
>>
>>22589240
it's over because of the audience shift
>>
>>22589290
>Armored Core 6 is mecha kino, but I hope the franchise goes more into the Souls-like direction as I prefer skill based gameplay and difficulty over build-based one.
Armored Core is damned due to people like you.
>>
>>22586968
>>22587729
You dishonest faggot.
It has hardlock meaning following your target never ever matters, like in soulslurp where one pression on the joystick makes you target your enemy until the heat death of the universe. No struggle to keep a clear line of sight, one key element of the fun in AC is just taken away by yamamolerat because this faggot is into fighting games and everyone's like "lol whatever", I mean what the fuck?
It has mechs with zero weight, you can go from 0 to 999mph with little to no inertia, like how your soultoon reacts.
It has dodges, because soulslop is all about pressing the getting out of harm's way button. Oh, and every projectiles coming your way are making your defense system go "BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP" so retards know when to dodge. Very hardcore.
It has magical healing potion, so to reduce the cost of mistakes.
It has no turn rate and your mech controls, again, like your average souls protagonist, going wherever your joystick goes in a blink, no delay, no hard to master but satisfying when accustomed to controls. You're 100% in control from the start and it's all full arcade, what are the really hard to pull off moves in this? How's the skill ceiling? Extremely fucking low, a dwarf would have a hard time standing straight.
EVEN the ricochet/stagger philosophy bring back souls game combat management with low distance encounters where you're encouraged to keep close to your enemies, reducing the possibilities and diversity of the game.

It's a sekiro/soul Frankenstein's monster disguised as an armored core game. The only thing I respect in it is the art direction, the animations, ost, voice acting and scenario. All that is in the 10/10 range, and it's crazy to see everything being tainted by this yamaretard.
>>
>>22586066
Armored Core VI is not going to revive anything. Companies aren't looking at ACVI and thinking there's a market for mecha games, they're looking at it and thinking From Software can do no wrong. We might see more indie mecha games because of it's influence, but forget it if you think we might be in for a ZoE revival or a proper Front Mission 6. The remasters for the latter all looked like crap and, judging by the number of reviews on Steam, it seems they aren't making any waves.
>>
>>22589738
Remasters are a tumour on culture. No one wants to do something new, they just want to rewind to 20 years ago with fancier graphics.
>>
In the Japanese poll for AC6 there were questions about if people enjoyed Hardlock and Stagger.

Hopefully enough people said no so that those 2 systems are taken out.
>>
>>22589745
afraid to gamble on something new that might flop, they'd rather cash in on nostalgia especially when remastering an old project means less actual work than producing a new show from the ground up
>>
>>22589746
Stagger is fine. Hard lock was utterly unnecessary. Next game should either dump it or increase the speeds to beyond FA levels so the lock is actually needed.
>>
>>22589723
Personally I see ACVI as a child of a FromSoftware that on one hand wants to show the world this cool franchise they love and on the other hand knows too well how many times it has died and how difficult would it be to make a breach in today videogames' landscape and in their current fanbase.
Stagger is here beacuse the direct know the mechaninc well and it lead him to a GOTY. it's just a safe point of reference on what their new mecha action game should be.
Assault boost it's stupid as a mechanic as >>22587095 noted, but it is a necessity in big single players maps in which you need to zoom around and a good way to put in in advance if you are in a clutch. Remember, there are no Sunbros this time around, the player must do it alone. Assault boost was maybe made in orrder to have a "secure strategy" for the player at any given time.
Hard lock was made because, for the last ten years, they designed acclaimed bosses around Z-lock. Whould it work without? Maybe, maybe not. And it's better to be safe and sorry.
Same the not-estus: a familiar mechanic that also is associated with a positive, engaing thrill of having them finished that is well know by the fanbase and From knows being simply good to use.
For me, ACVI is like a sort of Demon Souls for the new From: a point of entrance for new fans and a first step towards a refinement of what truly is a Armored Core game by this mature, big From that wins over AAA studios every time. I personally think it will just get better from here, but one can't expect them to release a new Last Raven.
>>
>>22589765
>I personally think it will just get better from here, but one can't expect them to release a new Last Raven.
The problem is that people don't want Armored Core. The people want whatever FotM From drops, and associating modern From gameplay with AC is going to taint it, probably to an irrecoverable level.
>>
>>22589723
>The only thing I respect in it is the art direction, the animations, ost, voice acting and scenario. All that is in the 10/10 range
you shouldn't even respect the scenario writing, it's just another link the fire/not link the fire story with a third option thrown in as spice.
you light the coral and throw rubicon into a "oh it looks like we burned all the coral but we actually didn't" conundrum again or you pick the other endings to either accept the coral or open the future up to some other solution to the problem
the collectible loreitem storytelling, the bland ambient ost and the link the fire endings are all non-gameplay effects of the expectations of modern fromsoft fans, and the worst part is that people who support the game will primarily seek to defend these limitations rather than pressure fromsoft to evolve past them
>>
>muh hardlock
I played through the entire game without it on console and the only time I've ever gotten use out of it was when I was trying to kick an enemy AC. Didn't even need it for Ibis.
>muh Assault Boost
I don't know how anyone could have a problem with AB unless you're talking about PvP, which is shit for a million other reasons so who cares. PvP is after thought with Armored Core as far as I'm concerned. It still shouldn't be so crucial to PvP's meta but I feel like that's more a consequence of the Stagger system.
>muh Estus
With the damage numbers the campaign shits out it's essentially like your AC has it's base health times 3. I personally think the bigger issue is the resupply killing any sense of tension with the boss fights or long missions, but they kinda have to because of low ammo counts and how quickly you lose health. I would hope to see them become a rarity in the next game, whatever it looks like.

Stagger is absolutely a dumb mechanic though, I won't argue against that. It fucks with the balance of the game at every level, and it needed to be nerfed in some capcity. Make it harder to get and make it last much less time against AC's. This alone would make AI AC fights harder and make some bosses less of a cakewalk.
>>
>>22589775
desu I rate it while keeping in mind the previous fromsoft games that all have an abhorrent story with a last arc deflating like a party balloon abandoned there still tied to a chair two weeks after the anniversary happened. Compared to them AC6 story seems very professional and satisfying.
AC6 has multiple paths with different outcomes, a cool secret ending, another secret credits rolling with a bonus song, yeah I'd say it's great when the last game you completed was elden ring and the last thing you see after hundred of hours is your character sitting on a chair and depending on your choices three skies with a different color akin to the ending of mass effect 3.
>>
>>22589907
I feel like they made Ranni and the Frenzied Flame endings before the rest and just ran out of time, like many other things in Elden Ring.
>>
>>22589897
Playing without hardlock the game becomes better but it remains a very arcade AC very different from what I'd expect from that IP. I'm not saying that it's bad, it's just still too similar to soul/sekiro in many aspects and I wish they went for a less accessible game with no fear of losing the new audience with a rougher, harder game to control.
I'm not delusional though, after watching streamers playing like utter shit even with all the assistance they can get from the game I know we won't ever get something like AC2 in our current era. Things like mission failures penalizing you, harsher energy management, more tuning depth with lot of optional parts and very specialized builds, physic based flight are all elements that'll scare away ecelebs and be a death sentence to the IP.

And using or not the hardlock won't fix the whole skeleton of the game. It's not much about acquiring target when your so mobile and fast as it is about cycling weapons and playing around the stagger meter. Only some bosses like ayre and iblis become really dangerous with no hardlock.
And the mp is rubbish with or without it because the rest of the room is going to use it anyway.
>>
>>22586509
Fuck off troon.

AC6 DLC
New Ace Combat
New SRW
New Front Mission

That's all I need.

And From can make a new Another Century's Episode too.
>>
>>22589923
AC has always been arcade with literal bunny-hop.

Either you aren't playing the games or you are here for doomposting or both.

>muh accessibility
Every AC games have increased accessibility because it's better to play the game via good controls than fight the game with bad controls.
>>
>>22589923
Again with the Souls/Sekiro comparisons. I'm not trying to be combative but I legitimately do not understand how anyone can compare the games, beyond the focus on bossfights obviously. I like the bosses but there's too many and most of them are absolute shitters. But there's a hell of a lot more that goes into that type of game than that. And far as story comparisons, the story endings are themes we've seen before but they're well executed imo. Also as much as I love AC 1 and 2, I do not miss the old tank controls with the speed the games move at. 4th gen doesn't look like it has any sense of weight either but I have yet to play them. Maybe you can feel it in the controls. But I definitely don't want to go back to 5th gen movement, aside from wall kick tech that shit was ass.
>Things like mission failures penalizing you, harsher energy management, more tuning depth with lot of optional parts and very specialized builds
Absolutely agree. There's no penalty for fucking up whatsoever in AC6. No Human Plus retsarts, no planning your build around how much dosh you have, and the optional parts are way too limited. Now granted I never messed with optional parts very much because I unga bunga'd my way through the other game, but having them is nice for people who wanna get turbo autistic with their builds.
>>
>>22589939
Bandwagon jumping faggot, play the old ac where you're out of energy for what feels like a decade when you're in the middle of a fight and mismanaged your build and burned up all your energy past the red and tell me it's the same as AC6.

>Every AC games have increased accessibility because it's better to play the game via good controls than fight the game with bad controls.

Ultra faggottron opinion. Harder and more complex controls mean higher skill ceiling and more enjoyment from getting better playing it, unless your dopamine receptors are fried from edging to trans porn.
What do you do with ac6 after getting S ranks?
All the basic enemies die in one hit.
All the core piloting enemies use mismatching unacceptably unoptimized shit builds and aren't a threat.
The stagger/ricochet system and the simplified control also aren't helping with replayability, it gets stale quickly.
Even playing with 621's starting mech the whole game isn't as much fun as playing the old games and fucking around making builds, AC6 deserves better. I hope they won't listen to faggots like you for the sequels.
>>
>>22589960
>Bandwagon jumping faggot, play the old ac where you're out of energy for what feels like a decade when you're in the middle of a fight and mismanaged your build and burned up all your energy past the red and tell me it's the same as AC6.
If you are playing out of energy, you are playing a bad build or seriously gimping yourself.
>
Ultra faggottron opinion. Harder and more complex controls mean higher skill ceiling and more enjoyment from getting better playing it, unless your dopamine receptors are fried from edging to trans porn.
You sound like an edgy wannabe faggot.

Easy more intuitive controls means less time fighting the controls while doing cool shit.
>What do you do with ac6 after getting S ranks?
I move into other games because I don't play one game forever.
>>
Also, I remember nobody complains about hard lock in Another Century's Episode until AC6 comes out.
>>
>>22589954
nta but there's not really much beyond the bossfights anon
all shown types of biped MTs are basically musou enemies and you get too many of them between quad MTs where you really need something like the 3rd gen gibbons or 1st gen ogres or just any cool MT variety really to spice up non-bossfight missions
there's some faction-specific variety but it's not nearly enough
>>
>>22589975
There are a bunch, the ALLMIND ghosts, the PCA MT, the RRI bots.

I think the ALLMIND ghosts are the most fun enemies tho.
>>
>>22589975
I wish we had more Tetrapod MT's to fight. Or more Cavalry units.
>>22589978
ALLMIND's Mystery Niggas are a lot of fun to fight.
>>
>>22589980
Game just needs more content is all, the expac is gonna bring everything up to speed.

Let the haters unironically seethe.
>>
>>22589978
>ALLMIND ghosts
too faction-specific
>PCA MT
functionally the same as the BAWS MT as i stated
>all shown types of biped MTs are basically musou enemies
>RRI bots
present in like, two missions
>>
>>22589991
>too faction-specific
Hmmm, OK.
>functionally the same as the BAWS MT as i stated
Naw, they have an actual moveset and can dodge your shit.
>present in like, two missions
Yeah, which is why we need more I guess.

As I have said, game just needs more content, more missions and everything, this is just an appetizer.
>>
>>22589993
>Naw, they have an actual moveset and can dodge your shit.
maybe it's because i'm bored out of my mind but i've actually seen a BAWS MT do a side QB
it was in the honest brute assassination mission
>>
>>22589995
The PCA MT clearly does it tho, showing the grunts can do it.

In fact, imagine if the game's primary grunts are replaced with PCA MT and the ghosts, very, very annoying.

The Kill Michigan mission is already made easier because it's all normal MT instead of PCA MTA.
>>
>>22589998
>In fact, imagine if the game's primary grunts are replaced with PCA MT and the ghosts, very, very annoying.
i really wouldn't mind that
>The Kill Michigan mission is already made easier because it's all normal MT instead of PCA MTA.
it's only moderately difficult, the game just doesn't make you practice the tactics that make it easy
for example wave 0 and wave 1-ish are pure MTs so you can clear those without wasting ammo by just putting on a medium build and instakill kicking everything
when the quad MTs and michigan actually show up you ideally fight them with high splash area weapons so you kill bystander MTs by accident
>>
>>22590017
I remember people whining a lot about that mission.

But for me the hardest mission (due to S ranking) is the one where you fight Snail and Iguazu in the steel plant.
>>
>AC4 sets a trend
>AC4A perfects it
>AC5 sets a trend
>ACVD perfects it
>AC6 sets a trend
>???
Faggots will always whine when a new AC gen comes out.
>>
>>22590017
The ammo thing was only an issue for certain weapons and a lot of the balance passes the game got later just slapped more ammo on a lot of them
Going into that mission with two flamethrowers or the some of the earlier weapons gave you plenty of room to kill everything without resorting to kicks
>>
>>22589907
Honestly ACVI blows other Fromsoft stories out of the sky by the sheer value of actually having dramatised events and characters the audience can care about.
I never gave a single fuck about anyone in Elden Ring because I spent zero time with them and I never felt like I had any stake in the world because all the cool shit happened off screen.
Love Cinder, love Waltuh, love Ayre.
>>
>>22590195
I don't know why they didn't put any escort/companion missions in the game, probably gor the sake of total liberty and they were afraid players would want to go somewhere else in the middle of a story mission where you're accompanied by an ai. That sucks. You have occasionally one npc joining you for a fight and that's that.
>>
>>22590245
You do get to escort the RLF chopper and hang out with Rusty in the liberator route, at least.
>>
>>22590248
I meant in elden ring.
Even if you're not accompanied very often in AC6 you're constantly having someone talking to you on radio. Even enemies and random soldiers on the battlefield. + Ayre + Walter. There's ten times the engagement from npcs in ac6.
Elden Ring is a very lonely and miserable experience where you kill trillions and lose sight of why you're killing by that lack of engagement.
>>
>>22590255
This is a thing for Dark Souls, the Souls fan want muh dreadery loneliness, at least ER has a hub and things you can summon so you have some imaginary friends.
>>
>defend the strider with 621's starter mech
>got one institute faggot left and I have under 1k HP
>his stupid little missiles slowly eat up what's left of my hp before I can kill it

I cheated and installed another BML-G1 in my next try on C4-621. Feel bad.
>>
>>22590032
>implying there'll be a new game
More like a dlc later on that make's it eventually become the definitive edition.
>>
>>22590346
You mean like Shadow of the Erdtree? That will work too.
>>
>>22589998
>new variant of kill Michigan/pater and whatever the other guys name was where they get support from the PCA specifically to trap and kill you
>>
>>22589923
>I want the game to control like shit on purpose
Absolutely mindbroken.
>>
>>22590405
>smoothbrain faggot misinterpreting what people are saying, even when the thought he's attacking has been clarified with nothing left to vague interpretation
absolute state of the newcomers, no wonder some of you fags are asking for the stupidest things like an open world AC.
>>
>>22590417
Shut the fuck up edgy wannabe faggot.
>>
>>22586509
This is literally from a quickturn-during-boosting OS upgrade you buy in game
>>
>>22589290
>I prefer skill based gameplay and difficulty over build-based one
>uses 2 zimmermans
>>
>>22587035
>It's just a Sekiro game with guns
It's Frame Gride + Baldr Sky you mong
>>
>>22590438
You fucking wish.
>>
>>22590346
>implying there'll be a new game
Considering this is the highest selling game in the series, you'd be retarded to think they won't make more now.
>>
I finished NG+ and how can I marry Ayre?
>>
>>22590724
sorta. keep working through NG++ and the analysis arena in particular
>>
>>22586066
AC6 honestly did good, plus you see more interest in the series now from people. I'll take a few annoying normies in the fandom rather than it being dead.

As for Front Mission 2, surprise, StormTrident put out another update this month since they are gonna release on other platforms at the end of April, and NOW the game is playable. Translation is still a bit wonky in places but FM always had a certain jank to its localization/fan translations, so I'll take the script being readable and the bugs being ironed out over not being able to play the game I paid for. And hopefully the pollacks do better with FM3R.
>>
>>22589960
Wow, you are the most trihard faggot imaginable, dunno if this is your natural state or just larping, but I gotta commend you on that post.

>Ultra faggottron opinion. Harder and more complex controls mean higher skill ceiling and more enjoyment from getting better playing it, unless your dopamine receptors are fried from edging to trans porn.

Newsflash nigger, even back in the early 2000s people hated the clunky PSX-leftover controls. That's why more people got into the series once the late PS2 and 7th gen games started streamlining and updating controls, like adding twin stick support.

Outdated, clumsy or outright bad controls aren't a fucking gameplay feature, they are either a compromise or just plain bad game design. Don't pretend otherwise.
>>
>>22586968
Everyone who enjoyed the game has moved on to other ones, the only people left are chronic shitposters sadly
>>
>>22590907
ofc its just larping
even /m/ is not invulnerable from the hordes of zoomers who want to pretend to be le epic and hardcore oldfags
>>
>>22590779
>AC6 honestly did good, plus you see more interest in the series now from people. I'll take a few annoying normies in the fandom rather than it being dead.
Ah, you'll regret it in time, don't worry. Normalfags ruin everything when pandered to. Things are dumbed down, simplified, changed to get new people in. Those new people bring new people in and the content has to be changed more. Eventually you have something unnatural wearing the flensed skin of your favorite game/novel/setting, but at least FotM people enjoyed it for a short while!
>>
>>22591010
>Normalfags ruin everything
We know, I'm replying to one now.
>>
>>22591014
>We know, I'm replying to one now.
Gosh pal you sure flamed me! Boy howdy, I'm so mortified by your brutal rebuke that I'll go hang myself in my garage.
>>
>>22590907
yeah and the same retards got RE to become a shooter franchise, not like everyone was a genius with good taste back then
>>
>>22589745
It's different for Front Mission because it's for games not previously available in English (and the fantranslations being crap)
>>
>>22589960
>All the core piloting enemies use mismatching unacceptably unoptimized shit builds and aren't a threat.
Basically every AC ever, the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>22589960
>where you're out of energy for what feels like a decade when you're in the middle of a fight and mismanaged your build and burned up all your energy past the red and tell me it's the same as AC6
It is, lol.
>>
>>22589960
>What do you do with ac6 after getting S ranks?
PvP and invasion mod, lil' sissy
>>
>>22590564
Use a double melee build, lol
>>
>>22591047
The only one I can think of that wasn't was AC1's Valk. Her shit was built to stunlock you to death in one long barrage.
>>
>>22591010
Exactly.
It's funny because there's also another class of people that's even more pathetic than the normalfaggots leaving after having their fill of FOTM. It's the delusional cuck always defending whatever the devs are doing no matter the impact it has on the IP, you can see them everywhere in the thread saying how the game's fine and how they're having so much fun playing the sooooo popular pvp full of millions of players...
>>
>>22590907
It's because it had all the things you consider to be negatives that the serie got its niche appeal, customization, unique controls and physic, I don't understand how it flies above the head of fagots like you. It's what allowed it to stand out.
Not flanderized, simplified, homogeneous controls that taste like every popular games. With features removing the edge and the weird imperfections making it special, checkpoint, estus, hardlock etc etc all that shit I already called out.
But everyone's a soulless automaton so I bet you love ac6. No matter how brown and sludgy it is.
>>
>>22591354
Jesus fuck just play mechwarrior 3 at that point
>>
>>22586962
Well maybe fromsoft should’ve addressed that issue as well? Make it more like a console tps or something?
>>
did /acg/ die I was only gone for like two weeks :(
>>
>>22591364
It's there, just search /acg/. The OP doesn't have Armored Core General in it for some reason.
>>
>>22591368
oh pfft thanks
>>
File: TheJoke.gif (478 KB, 367x280)
478 KB
478 KB GIF
>>22588865
>auto quickturn sounds like a noob trap
>>
>>22590438
baldr sky would be fun though
>>
>>22591354
You are such a tryhard I really doubt you play classic Armored Core.
>>
>>22587035
I started playing AC games since the first on PS1.
I loved AC6 and it brought a breath of fresh air into Mecha games.
>>
>>22591983
Noooo noooo you cannot exist.

It disproves tryhard fuckers who pretend to play AC3.
>>
>>22591988
I don’t get why people are so bitter. I thought Armored Core was dead, and FS brought it back from the grave.
Is it a perfect game? No. My biggest complaint with the game was honestly the music. I thought it was a Little lackluster. I miss the techno beats (AC2 & AC2 AA had my favorite music).
>>
>>22589723
i hope they try to catter to a more dedicated fan base in the next game, they even had made a survey for it. I also do believe that the next installment will have generally less sales due to it no longer having a lot of people trying the game out to see if they like the genre. Kinda just wish they would port the older games to pc to at least have feasible controls and not force me to buy a controller and heavy emulation hardware. But hey, it is what it is.
>>
on a side not, ac 6 is probably one of if not the easiest game fs ever made.
>>
>>22592519
No, 4A holds that crown of easiest fs game.
>>
>>22592557
Occupation is way harder than anything in 6
>>
>>22592558
Occupation is a meme mission though. The other missions even on hard are piss easy.
>>
File: Allen Van Duel2.webm (2.96 MB, 640x480)
2.96 MB
2.96 MB WEBM
New question
>What /m/ game you wish to exist

- Patlabor-like game with a fake-physic that have weight and not necessarily humanoid mecha that fall into pieces, losing arms/legs.
- Simulator of Metal Gear sized mecha that isn't just a shoot'em'all or a tank-game.
- Highly-realistic space-cargo simulator (still FTL) that's not a 2D spaceboat with anti-gravity landing.
- Fantasy space-game that let you build up a fleet of specialized ships instead of those lone ship do everything gameplay.
- Escaflowne-like game with heavy medievalish mecha and NOT a massless lightshow with quadruple flips/rolls FF-like slashs attack.
- power-armor centric game with lot of movement that aren't just "jetpack this, jeckpack that".

>>22586066
>what do you think the future looks like for /m/ games?
I stopped having hopes, it hurt too much.

>Is more mecha even viable within the current video game industry?
Actually yes, nowadays indy game revitalized the industry with actually creative ideas instead of "Franchise Game n°6+"
And online game shops like Steam put the Indy games at the same level of visibility than A[...]A games.

So if you are targeting a niche audience, the shop will let said audience find the game.

>>22587095
Dang, I was looking forward AC6 hoping it brought back HEAVY into mecha, but clearly it seem they have succumbed to the siren of "let's turn everything into a high-speed slasher".
>>
File: file.png (206 KB, 555x232)
206 KB
206 KB PNG
>>22589939
>arcade
NTA, just pointing out that "Arcade" mean: "simplistic&rigid gameplay to be easy to understand but easier to fail in the name of artificial longevity".

Also
>increased accessibility
Is indistinguishable from
>good controls
Regardless if it aim for a public of dumb kids with 3s of attention-span or a young adult who could learn to fly airplane if he wanted.

I'm annoyed by fanboys who defend clunky gameplay built at a time where Interfaces/mechanic/physics were extremely limited, while shitting on modern games that let you have organic orgasmic experience where you do more than time one jump right to the pixel.

>pic is the controls scheme for the next AC game
>>
>>22592519
AC6 Day 1 is at the very least harder than AC1, AC1PP, AC2, AC3, and Nexus. So... no.
>>
>>22591010
Everyone's a new/normalfag at some point, unless you are born with crippling autism.

When I was a kid I only played gameboy and snes babyshit until I watched my brother play Mechwarrior 2 and had him handhold me until I played it on my own. When later games removed and added features it didn't ruin the game for me.

Everyone larping these days like you only can keep this "hobby" pure by gatekeeping forget that without new blood genres like this fucking die and then we won't get ANY new games and then you faggots will cry how devs don't make any new mecha games. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Either give a concession to devs and new players to change stuff or enjoy your stale games you already played through a gazillion time.

>>22591354

There's charming imperfections and then there's just fucking outdated game design you cave-dwelling troglodyte. From soft not using those perfectly useful joysticks for the longest time was one, for example. There was no reason for them not to offer a control scheme that used them while also having a classic control mode for nostalgic retards like you.

I'm not defending every design decision in AC6 but if I don't like something I can ignore it. If the healing charges and lock on aren't too your liking, ignore them. I've seen enough vets do that.

If you are such a dysfunctional sonic-fandom tier autist that you can't cope with that, sorry, this world ain't made for you.
>>
And lol... people fetishizing tank controls are definitely LARPers. Yes, everyone hated it and yes, anyone with two brain cells remapped the controls so that the symbol buttons were camera and the D pad was movement. Every AC game EVER has remappable controls so if you think past AC games were better just because of a default control scheme that you can change as soon as you access the main menu, there's no helping you. These people probably don't even know what the first AC game to support analog stick controls was.
>>
>>22592940
>There was no reason for them not to offer a control scheme that used them while also having a classic control mode for nostalgic retards
NTA, you shouldn't do that either.
The most limited control scheme would forcefully dictate the gameplay and waste the potential of a superior interface.
>>
>>22592558
Carpals aside, which the other anon is right to call a meme mission, the one that gave me the most trouble as a kid was Arteria Cranium and even I got through that within hours. IBIS, Ayre and ALLMIND probably took a day each. In fact Ayre took me trying out a whole new AC while FA was easily beaten with a lightly modified and tuned AALIYAH. FA's quickboosting and quickturning are just that good.
>>
>>22592838
>- Escaflowne-like game with heavy medievalish mecha and NOT a massless lightshow with quadruple flips/rolls FF-like slashs attack.
Frame Gride, brother
>>
>>22592558
Just pick a hit and run sniper tank build and spam rail cannons
>>
File: 1653651561014.jpg (115 KB, 815x1015)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
How is that Front Mission 2 remake?
I saw they still keep that less than desirable 3D from the first one but the UI, and how the battle screens look don't look like dogshit.
>>
>>22592838
>>What /m/ game you wish to exist
Special attacks from PS2 VOTOMS game and tackle melee counters from GBO2 gave me an obsession with the idea of mecha game with melee focus that features a lot of quick wrestling and judo
>>
>>22593095
>IBIS, Ayre and ALLMIND probably took a day each
How can you say this and expect to be taken seriously?
>>
>>22593242
"A day" can mean a gaming session after work, not necessarily 24 hours.
>>
>>22593242
I didn't literally spend a day, anon. It was like multiple sittings throughout a single day. Meanwhile the hardest missions in FA were beat in a single seating with the exception of Carpals.
>>
>>22593199
Far better than at release. Actually playable. But still a bit jank, and not as good as it could be.
>>
File: VOTOMS nosound 7.webm (3.91 MB, 1024x576)
3.91 MB
3.91 MB WEBM
>>22593237
PS2 Votoms has some great special attacks
>>
>>22593251
you mean people actually have lives outside of poopsocking games?
>>
>>22593316
It's on sale for $24, I might snag it
If nothing but to support Front Mission
>>
mechiro series dies twice
>>
>>22593328
That shit is still smoother then some fucking modern day games. Damn.
>>
>>22593474
Funniest thing is that the devs of that one specialised in pro wrestling games
>>
>>22593162
>>22592838
I mean Frame Gride is fairly close but also has a lot of ranged options and most people who play it seem to devolve into just a magical pew pew playstyle.

Vanguard Bandits hits thematically closer but that's also a strat-rpg like Front Mission/FE.
>>
>>22593366
That's honestly a decent price. Go for it.
>>
File: Earthsiege.jpg (120 KB, 1280x720)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>22593162
>Frame Gride
Heard of it. Bit to old for my taste.
Also, at the time this was as speedy as they could do.

>>22594061
>Vanguard Bandits
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXZNvdkecpk
>the pain! the pain!
That genre is also too old for me.
Nowadays I want what is basically the hardest stuff to do in video game: physic heavy TPS with invert kinematic for necessary immersion.

Arguably if you just upscale all the "human warrior" games and slow their movement you'd think the tool exist. But those game have not been built with heavy inertia in mind. More often it's the "massless lightshow where the armored character magically fly in the sky, flips a dozen time ignoring gravity before his sword multiply and inflict 86dmg regardless if any of the light bit went through the enemy."

So wish me luck finding that in my remaining lifetime.
>>
>>22595581
>finding that in my remaining lifetime.
At that point just DIY
>>
>>22591010
You do realize that gatekeeping kills a hobby, right? Like all you're doing is trying to kill AC7.
>>
>>22596051
I'm rather young but it would still be a race.
>>
>>22597118
Stop being a faggot.
>>
>>22597118
Good.
>>
>>22597118
As a tabletop wargamer I disagree.You're probably trolling, but had Warhammer and BattleTech been better gatekept they would not be the burning piles of shit they are right now.
>>
>>22592557
What are you smoking? 4A was decently difficult, VD and V are easy as fuck, damn near braindead along with 6.
>>
>>22586066
Ive only played the main ps2 games (-LR) and the PSX games since 2020, AC6 was fin as hell but I didn't like the stagger mechanic, mainly for bosses. I wish Part breaking was a thing there weren't enough parts. Ive been playing Lost Planet and the mech gameplay is fun, id like a mech game with FMP style mechs and similar gameplay.
>>22597118
AC7 came out, haven't played it yet.
>>
I don't understand what exactly stagger boosting damage is supposed to add to gameplay.
It feels like Sekiro leftovers trying to push players to mix the multi-weapon system.
But ammo and cooldowns already exist, so why are you slashing my openings for damage and creating inconsistency in DPS?
>>
>>22597365
You can't gatekeep something that's owned and marketed by people who don't want it gatekept and actively work against you. You can say "this is ours, you're not welcome!" and then they'll support another gay zine or feature trans pride color schemes or something regardless because they want that.
>>
File: exteel-shut-down.jpg (194 KB, 1024x768)
194 KB
194 KB JPG
>>22588270
Immediately what I thought of, I'll be on it if true
>>
>>22588270
>>22600414
Man, it's been ages since I played Exteel. How do I still miss it after all this time.
>>
>>22600390
It just feels good to score those big damage stagger punishes, plain and simple. It is 100% just the sekiro posture system minus the deathblow counters, but crushing an AC or a boss with a charged pilebunker or laser cannon is satisfying. Having to build up the stagger meter creates tension leading up to that moment, and interacts well with other systems given that you have to make sure you land the stagger from an opportune position, with enough EN to capitalize, or at the end of your other cooldowns (this is build dependent, but most things are anyway).

I think the gap between normal damage and direct hit damage is a little too wide, personally, because aside from energy weapons, fire, and stun damage, there aren't many ways to do decent damage outside of ACS overload...and let's be honest, stun damage is just stagger-lite and fire damage's gimmick us that it makes you stagger faster, so really it's just energy weapons. Point is, I would like the next installment to tweak things so that you could build on a spectrum of consistent damage/ low stagger to low damage/high stagger & punish, with a variety of options on both ends. But i guess that also has to do with the number of parts in AC6
>>
>>22600677
Honestly, laser kiting is pretty viable. You've got to spec for it with this one specific generator and parts that don't require a lot of EN but it's doable. Hell, I Beat Ayre with 2xVP-66LRs and the starting missiles.
>>
>>22600704
Based me too, beating Ayre with a agility twink laserspam build was a ton of fun, just staying in her face frantically pewpewing
>>
>>22600704
It's totally viable, and I like playing that type of build as well. My point is that if you want to do that type of build, you're notably more limited than if you wanted to do a stagger -> punish build. I would just like to see more options catering to that playstyle
>>
>>22600727
So would I. However, I'm pretty confident that Fromsoft will expand on AC6 the same way they expanded on AC2/3/4/5. Maybe I'm getting old but I'm not too worried.
>>
>>22600390
It gives you cool cinematic kills without actually using qtes or finisher moves and an additional back and forth mechanic. It's very refreshing leaving behind bamaham press x to pull of a dudes head, not that I'd want that in AC anyway. Stagger into pilebunker is one of those all time feelgood things.

Playing older AC games, death coming at 0 hp with little hit effects tends to make the fights feel like you're floating around draining each others health and then someone falls over. Especially at higher speeds, you get missile/melee kills while you've shot passed them. They probably wanted a mechanic that keeps things looking cool and focused on the big hits and honestly, it works. I dunno the problem people had with stagger.
>>
>>22600778
>Playing older AC games, death coming at 0 hp with little hit effects tends to make the fights feel like you're floating around draining each others health and then someone falls over.
This is probably more a function of limited resources on old hardware. They could absolutely make the more simulationist aspect of AC look flashy with some decent particle effects and damage decaling
>>
>>22600778
> I dunno the problem people had with stagger.
As far as I can tell, their problem was that this wasn't in AC3 or any of it's spinoffs.
>>
>>22600390
>>22600677
Slow, slow, quick-quick, slow...
It's about making the pace of the combat as non-monotonous as possible
In previous AC, if you had any melee parts along with ranged weapons, you went into melee for finishers only for personal style points and satisfaction and rarely out of practical use (tho maybe there's a good way for this in 2-3 gens if you focus on ramping up opponents' heat to have their energy generation too crippled for evasive boosting, gotta try that out)
AC6 ramps that aspect up but makes it practically sensible and involve more satisfaction with cinematic slow-downs on death and possibility to enter photo mode
Frankly I prefer that over the trend that made things like bunny-hopping, overboosting and/or quickboosting around with rifles and missiles be the 90% of things you encounter in "meta"
>>
>>22600778
>>22600805
running melee also knocks down your ammo costs by one or two weapons if you need it.
>>
>>22600677
>>22600778
It's a massive limitation to the player, that instead of engaging freely with the enemy taking shots based on positioning and opportunities, has to play around the shitty limitations of a stagger bar.
It tries to hard to introduce le epic Sekiro finisher but actually intrudes the gameplay.
First abd foremost, using heavy hitters right before the stagger bar is finished wastes most of it.
Second, and most important, you have compared using heavy hits to Sekiro deathblow, and you are right, it's about as deep as it gets
>Fire dual laser/pistol/smg
>Stagger
>Fire heavy weapon/melee
That's all there is to it, that's optimal 1vs1 AC6 gameplay
This is why the best bosses are those that don't stand staggered and are balanced around recovery between attacks
>>
File: Armored Core 6 Ayre.webm (3.99 MB, 854x480)
3.99 MB
3.99 MB WEBM
>>22600778
>>22600677
It also doesn't guarantee that a big alpha strike will kill enemies as you xan see in this webm >>22600390
It only pushes playered to save those for when the stagger bar is full, which in turns males the gameplay boring, and makes me wonder why they even bothered giving all triggers to respective weapons, if they are going to make offensive play some formulaic.
The Sekiro director sucks
>>
>>22604108
>70% of weapons are mostly useless in 1-5 gens compared to only 10% of weapons being mostly useless in AC6
>talks about limitations
>>
>>22604177
it's about limitations on gameplay, on when to use them
>>
File: cbt-news.png (264 KB, 800x320)
264 KB
264 KB PNG
I've put a lot of hours into the MB beta test and it's solid. Not "amazing" but I can very easily see many of the problems getting fixed before launch like few maps, shaky balance, etc. The Battle Royale mode fuckin' sucks, and I say that as someone who has enjoyed a number of BRs. Performance modification parts take 1 whole ever to get, but I did spend a lot of time just making my pilot and painting my robot. Way more detailed than I expected on both counts. Like 51% sure it will have scummy monetization, but you never know.
>>
>>22604177
I don't give a shit about balance, the game tells you when you should fire your weapon based on some arbitrary hud element on top of your target
Kill yourself
>>
>>22604240
>the game is psychologically dominating me so fuck you
here's your phytoestrogen latte, xir
>>
>>22604242
Keep sucking Yamamura cock
>>
>>22604272
Assblasted moron
Cannot defend his statement
Quotes worthless statement
>>
>>22604236
Maps are dogshit, needs more cover.
They were clearly chasing a trend with the br mode.
It has a good foundation but they will definitely fuck it up in the future.
>>
>>22593475
I believe it. According to anyone who tries to do wrestling it is actually very hard and why the pro wrestling games cling to ancient engines.
>>
>>22604108
>instead of engaging freely with the enemy taking shots based on positioning and opportunities
You still do this. It's not like you can't attack with heavier weapons until they're stunned, they just gain their maximum potential if they are. You'd be building stagger more slowly if you very strictly only use high stagger weapons normally than if you used them occasionally as well.

I dunno. It all just feels like it sets off peoples optimization autism. A lot of people just throw their hands up into their air and shout "well I guess I just HAVE to now!" because there's a narrow path they force themselves onto. I played the second half of the games with energy weapons only and you don't even really use the stagger mechanic if you do that. It does more damage than stagger and you'll kill them before it triggers.
>>
File: 20230903171546_1.jpg (1.36 MB, 3840x2160)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB JPG
>>22586066
Mecha games never went away.
>>
>>22605751
This. Kiting builds are extremely good and whittling down opponents without depending on stuns.
>>
>>22605751
You really hit the nail on the head with 'optimization autusm' lmao. Some people find optimization fun intrinsically for the process, others extrinsically for the result of a super effective build. Other people optimize to bolster typically less-effective builds. Others still will literally just slap shit together and go ham.

Then you have retards who will optimize their build just because their ape brain compels them to. They dont even enjoy the process or the end result, they just sperg out about how the game is bad because it 'forces' them to do xyz.
>>
>>22586066
The only thing AC6 proved is that normiefags are filltered by raw mechs.

Immersive and cluncky gameplay has to be scrapped in favour of cinematic expirience and gorillion eva refrences, which defeats whole purpoes of the game being mecha to begin with.
Pop culture strays from anything that is an extension of male hobby.
>>
Is the Front Mission remake a decent way to play it? I played a bit of the DS version when I was younger and liked it enough but I don't think I have the cartridge anymore. It's like half off right now so I'm tempted to get it, but I have like four other mecha SRPGs to finish (SRWs V and 30, G Generation Genesis, and Relayer).
>>
>>22608104
clunky is not immersive, and AC6 was as far from a sony movie-game as you could get
>>
>>22608104
>any AC
>clunky
spotted the ubershitter
>>
>>22608104
>gorillion eva refrences
All I'm seeing is cyberpunk'd Getter Robo
>>
>>22608104
Yes we must return to the days of tank controls and no thumbsticks!
>>
>>22608104
>>22609500
>>22609484
Here is the controller AC7 will be made for to satisfy the real true fan of AC >>22592885

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.