[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1713412237417.jpg (30 KB, 736x552)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
So I just finished watching Stardust Memory and wanted to ask the scholars of /m/ about scene that bugged me. So at the end, why did Nina make this face after reunitung with Kou after that ahit she pulled?
>>
>/m/ - Autism
>>
>>22586718
she was about to throw a carrot at him wish her luck
>>
>>22586718
She still loved Kou. She just didn't want two men she liked killing each other over stupid shit.
>>
>>22586801
>killing each other over stupid shit.
It was war, people kill each other all the time. The fact that she was even there to begin with is so stupid.
>>
While it's easy to poke fun at the surface value of a character's actions Nina still serves as emotional crux of the story. While her faith was wildly misplaced, she was still the only person trying to reason with Gato instead of just accepting that he's an enemy and needs to be fought.
Women fall for the wrong guys all the time, and it's easy to have feelings for multiple people. See dudes make fun of female characters like this all the time like they'd never been in a similar position before. If not then they probably just lacked the opportunity for it.

There needs to be 'unreasonable' emotional characters to contrast the ones who start believing in 'reasonable' rationale for war. When people get too comfortable with the idea of killing it's about as dehumanized as you can get, outside of extreme deviancy like serial killers and the like.
It's easy to say the zeeks started (and restarted) it, they never hide how calloused and sometimes outright cruel the Federation can be in maintaining order, as well as rife with corruption.

Also
>>22586718
>So I just finished watching-
You can find a better opener than that. Literally no one cares if you just watched it or watched it 5 years ago and just thinking about it now.
>>
>>22586881
In war and battle, there is no place for romance for love triangle, You can ask random war widow who are still alive. Human might have feelings and heart, but bullets, explosions and artileries don't.
>>
If Nina was the human emotion aspect of Stardust Memory, then the script writer failed.
>>
>>22586718
How has she managed to avoid jailtime anyway?
>>
>>22586905
lol ESL
>>
>>22586907
>Nina was the human emotion aspect of Stardust Memory
That would be Kou anyway. He's an emotional teen and disregards military order to act on his feelings (he abandoned his role to hang out with some crippled former soldier who then tokkou'd himself).
>>
>>22586905
Your post smells weird
>>
>>22586913
Probably told the federation guys, who found her, she managed to get away from her captors after the ZEON guys dropped her off in EF territory before fucking off.
>>
>>22586913
She was quote on quote "kidnapped" behind the scenes, i bet. Being a woman & playing the victim card works wonders.
>>
>>22586881
Yeah I think the point is that the war hasn't changed her as much as it has everyone else. Gato is outright subsuming himself into an avatar of Zeon and Kou hardens into a pretty lethal killing machine by the end.
Nina got in the middle of shit for dumb reasons, but they're pretty human ones. People focus on how she functionally helped Gato but I do believe that she simply didn't want either of them to come to harm.

It's also a pretty clear result of the second half of the show turning into a bit of a mess with the behind-the-scenes changes so I cut the character a bit of slack on that front.
>>
>>22586914
>No argument was made
Yeah keep defending your dogshit waifu.
>>
>>22586989
There is nothing human about Nina's action. The way she wanted to have a 3some relationship is so fucking bizzare.
>>
>>22587090
She didn't even recognise Gato in episode 1.
>>
>>22586718
Because the writers couldn't decide what they wanted her character to be.
>>
>>22587088
No one finds nina "their" waifu.
>>
>>22586718
She was contemplating trying to start a relationship with Kou back up again after she was a slut who betrayed him and the rest of the Federation for her terrorist ex. She figured he was a pathetic enough simp to forget all that, and she can still settle for the silver prize.
>>
>>22588833
Aquarionoid does: https://aquarionoidarchive.wordpress.com/anime-harem/
>>
>>22588997
>She figured he was a pathetic enough simp to forget all that
The look on his face said otherwise.
>>
>>22589017
What the fuck.
>>
>>22589042
Isn't there a picture where he shoots her? I remember seeing it but I don't remember where.
>>
>>22586905
>In war and battle, there is no place for romance for love triangle
Sir this is Gundam we're talking about
>>
>>22589865
Doesn't have as many love triangles as you think it does. That's really more Macross's bag.
>>
File: Gundam_Age_Poster.jpg (1.64 MB, 1200x1691)
1.64 MB
1.64 MB JPG
>>22589865
Monkey's paw, etc

There was room for it AND it was poorly executed anyway.
>>
Read 0083 Rebellion instead, it's the better story.

Even has the meme Monsha as main character stuff.
>>
File: pazcvd0gng131.jpg (106 KB, 1334x750)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>22589868
When it comes to Gundam, all I can think of is SEED Destiny.
>>
>>22589017
Who?
>>
>>22589941
Pff, yeah, that trash fire is better. The manga that made Nina into a lunatic, coudln't stop padding events with random shit, turned Oliver and Monique into Axis Zeon members, turned Kurena into a monster who's working with people that barely a month ago had helped drop a Colony.

The only redeeming aspect of this disaster is Alice Miller getting something to do after 8th MS Team.
>>
>>22589042
This face?
>>
>>22590256
>Huh?......Nina?
Looks like his simping for her didn't change...
>>
>>22590256
The face of a man who dislikes carrots.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY3gmLRCewo
>>
File: 008302-0162.jpg (133 KB, 818x1200)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
>>
>>22590222
>turned Oliver and Monique into Axis Zeon members
well, the ending of apocalypse 0079 had them escaping A Baoa Qu rather than surrendering..
>>
>>22590222
Nina has always been a lunatic, except Rebellion's Nina is more pro-Feddy and Kou.

Dunno about other people.

But seriously, I think Rebellion is great.
>>
>>22589937
Yeah honestly every Gundam with romance mixed in has been questionable. The only time where it actuall fits was G Gundam, a show with non-war setting.
>>
>>22586913
fucked the police probably
>>
>>22590536
GWitch was set in a non-war setting too but the romance in it was abyssmal.
>>
>>22590536
I thought 0080 did a pretty good job with it.
>>
>>22589941
I would like to, what's a good place to read gundam manga?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.