[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: F2OHt7bW8AAs3m7.jpg (960 KB, 2506x2992)
960 KB
960 KB JPG
>buys kits of every series
>buys kits only series that you like
>hg only/mg only/rg only
>yes
>>
I'm not a Gunpla collection.
>>
a plamo guy
>>
>>22586809
I only buy Frame Arms Girls
>>
Post yours.
I only got the 1/100 models that my favorite character piloted on screen.
Barely started one of them
>>
yes
>>
>>22586809
>literally just snapped together without paint, let alone color correction or panel lining
>not even top coated to remove the shitty plastic look
>no posing, the action bases are only there to keep them from falling off
>does the same for even P-Bandai kits
>crammed into shelves and cubbies purely for efficient use of space
I feel sorry for those Gunpla.
>>
>>22586873
>imagine the smell
And the dust
>>
>>22586809
I buy kits from any series or franchise. I prefer HG, but get some RG's and the occasional MG if I really like the kit. For me it's about consistency. My tism hates the different sizes being side by side.
>>
>>22586809
None. Gave my entire collection to orphans years ago.
>>
>>22586873
I want to save that Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann from the back of that shelf
>>
>>22587041
Were they iron blooded?
>>
File: poker face.png (81 KB, 432x288)
81 KB
81 KB PNG
>>22586809
>Machinedramon has to share its box
>Machinedramon crammed into the back of its own box
>Nightingale gets its own box
>Unicorn bust that doesn't even fit into the box, gets its own box
>one box entirely empty
>>
>>22586809
I just buy whatever is cheapest because I'm poor. I do tend to prefer MGs, however.
>>
File: b240_25.jpg (83 KB, 548x700)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>22586809
I like to collect old SDs. Ones ideally from pre '03. I'd like more Ganso kits, but they're too expensive and rare. I like them because I think the gimmicks are fun, and their elaborate armor designs/minimal color separation make for interesting paint challenges. Like this ugly li'l weirdo the Kabuto Gundam. Can barely hold his weapons, and falls apart at the mere mention of articulation, but I love having him on my shelf, and painting him was a trip.
>>
I just buy whatever the fuck i like the look of irregardless of scale or series. Which is why I've spent well over 10k on this hobby and have too many rooms full of kits both built and unbuilt.
>>
>>22586873
I think it will happen to every hobbist eventually once they bought too many of them.
>>
>>22589927
I don't think so. I've got a backlog a mile long and I haven't even considered just snapbuilding 'em.
>>
>>22586809
Seems like this guy just buys anything that's new, and whatever monthly reprint comes out.
>>
>>22589994
Even when you taking more care at post processing, the kit won't have space to reside in your room.
>>
>>22590004
That's why you get a house instead of a room. More space. But frankly, when it gets to that point, shoebox 'em, and rotate the ones you have on display. You've gotta clean eventually anyways. Might as well spend a little time reposing, shuffling display models, etc when you do. Solves the space issue and keeps the same static posed models from becoming wallpaper over time.
>>
>>22589994
Anti snapshitters are so autistic its unreal. They'd rather have junk boxes taking over their miniscule rooms instead of snapping them and then painting them when they get a chance to. The same type of person to use water based acrylics and claim they're anywhere as good as lacquers.
>>
>>22590628
The anti snap thing originated from boomer builders when they look down on snap kits and call it "stuff for children". Traditional modelkits require liquid cement to glue the parts together, then paint them since oob kit were monochromatic. Gunplafags nowadays mistaken this discrimination and doesn't realize that it applies to every snapfit kits, not just unpainted ones.
>>
>>22590628
Like, not even joking. The boomers see gunpla as nothing but starter kit for children. Any gunpla builders would be eaten alive by the boomers in term of skill, knowledge of the hobby and experience.
>>
>>22590655
Honest question: are glue and paint models still a major product or did they get supplanted by snap kits because technology improved?

If it's the latter then this guy sounds like he commutes to work by horse because car technology makes it too easy.
>>
File: IMG_3073.jpg (3.44 MB, 4032x3024)
3.44 MB
3.44 MB JPG
>>22590655
>home for Christmas
>flipping through dad’s train autism magazine to kill time
>suddenly, Gundam marker airbrushes
>>
>>22590655
There's absolutely no reason for plastic kits not to be completely snapfit now. If they aren't it shows a lack of engineering skill from the developer. The only time glue should be required is for resin kits and custom building. American and European companies just can't compete with the engineering and quality of these Japanese kits and even Chinese kits now, and I'm not sure why. Unless its because boomers only buy kits that require it? So they would lose out on their boomer audience if they changed things at all?
Even the idea of a non partsforming transformable snapfit plastic kit literally makes boomers shit and piss their pants
>>
>>22590677
Majority of boomers still don't get into snap kit much, despite how they are the new normal now. They are only interested in traditional glue kits and Tamiya still releasing those kind of kits for their 70 years old-customers. To them, what's enjoyable is the journey, not the destination.
>>
File: 41Ppj8frEHL.jpg (30 KB, 1000x533)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>22590667
Boomer's favourite is the Badger airbrush. Don't know what gunpla builder's favourite is, though.
>>
>>22590664
>are glue and paint models still a major product or did they get supplanted by snap kits because technology improved?
Still more common than you think. Entire Maschinen Krieger is monochromatic and Tamiya's military kits are non-snap.
>>
>>22590692
Iwata eclipse hpcs is the goto
>>
>>22586873
Its the no posing that bugs me the most
>>
>>22586809
i have 1 zaku 1
>>
>>22590677
lmao try "engineering" a miniature ship to not need glue to put fine detail parts on

like you're not wrong, western model kits are decades behind (because the hobby died in the west decades ago) but get over yourself. glue isn't going to kill you, and your cartoon robot kits would be better off if you just glued the fiddlier bits down.
>>
Only bought one to be able to say I've done it.
>>
I just snap together 0079 kits because I like them
Once I run out of those I'll do Nu Gundam and Sazabi and then maybe some of the better Z and ZZ mobile suits
>>
>>22595138
Glue is inevitable in Modelkit hobby. Like eventually you will get tired of simple snapfitting and started to remove seamlines to make the kit looks prettier. For boomer-leaning kits, i think they need glue because alot of them are hyper detailed, down to the catepillar pieces of the tank. Snapfitting just won't gonna cut it.
>>
>>22595138
>glue isn't going to kill you
>>
>>22586809
This looks like a pain in the ass to dust.
>>
>>22586873
>>22590814
Posing is for gays.
>>
>>22595385
I always pose my kit and the amount of homosexuality i got from doing so made me a super faggot.
>>
>>22590655
I don't care about what those boomers think, I just want some little figure of those giant robot I like
>>
>>22586809
MG and Metalbuilds only
>>
File: 70501893.jpg (102 KB, 1024x693)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>22596008
You can just be a chogokin purist while at it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.