[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

(now on Crunchyroll)
>>
>>22606026
based if true
>>
Why not just play the game?
>>
>>22606035
Because the game doesn't have
MEGATON MEGATON
MUSASHI MUSASHI
>>
>>22606035
You can't stuff yourself with snacks while playing action game.
>>
>>22606066
Yes you can.
>>
>>22606071
How?
Unless it's some casual asscreed shit that you can play with one hand, you'll get killed right?
>>
>>22606073
There's a lot of cutscenes and stuff where you can eat, drink and go take a shid to make space.
>>
>>22606074
I don't play games to watch cut-scenes >.>
>>
>>22606087
But you watch shows to eat food, curious.
>>
>>22606026
>using crunchyroll
Why are you normies like this?
>>
>>22606035
Because playing the game is basically the same experience but for $60. 90% of the game is cutscenes and pushing A to advance dialogue.
>>
>>22606304
>Because playing the game is basically the same experience but for $60. 90% of the game is cutscenes and pushing A to advance dialogue.
Unless you start doing side-missions and then you realize they can open even without progressing the story for a while (like I have side-missions on lvl35, while the main story is still on level 15).
>>
You fucking morons, complaining /m/ shit is so sparse and then complaining about the dumbest shit like the game having a large plot.
>>
>>22606035
You can watch the anime and then you get to skip all the cutscenes in the game and get straight to grinding
>>
So why was the entire Wired portion of the story so rushed?
>>
>>22607065
It was the portion of the story made after the game failed twice and with no accompanying anime multimedia project. I haven' gotten there though, so no idea how bad it gets.
>>
File: 1704725230821.gif (429 KB, 220x165)
429 KB
429 KB GIF
>>22607065
Another dead lv5 franchise
>>
>>22607065
Because apparently it's not over. They said in interviews that the game will be getting story updates.
>>
>>22606065
It eventually does.
>>
>>22608069
Have any links to those interviews? I trust you anon, would just like to educate myself.
>>
>>22606035
both
in any order
>>
File: 20240501085148_1.jpg (152 KB, 2560x1440)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>game already has long cutscenes without breaks so wonder why there's a warning this time
>start cutscene
>the game plays anime episode 28 in its entirety
>they just included a whole episode of the anime instead of remaking it as game cutscenes
I'm baffled.
>>
>>22609585
2nd season?
it was during F2P era, when sequel was scrapped in favor of trying luck with F2P approach
prolly tight funds
>>
>>22609566
https://gamerant.com/megaton-musashi-w-wired-story-game-dlc-support/
Here ya go anon.
>>
File: 1695571982314214.png (2.9 MB, 1920x1080)
2.9 MB
2.9 MB PNG
>queen before she went genocidal
Oh no, shes hot.
>>22609585
Its hilarious considering how that episode and the chapter for that was delayed.
>>
>>22609689
With how often GameRant copies random articles in forums, and how even that article tries to refer to Overwatch's PVP guidelines as an example of Level-5's strategies for the game, I wouldn't trust it. The only bit of info they got from a sit-down interview with the CEO is there may be some possibilities in the future to do something?
>>
>in post-game
>go to motherboard
>realize there's a R2 prompt next to Yamato's portrait
>press R2
>there's a whole second motherboard for Arshem
>>
File: 20240504174959_1.jpg (191 KB, 2560x1440)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
watch megaton musashi
or play
both are nice
>>
>best mecha game in ages
>/m/ isn't playing it
Are you all posers or what?
>>
File: file.png (600 KB, 796x417)
600 KB
600 KB PNG
>>22616541
they are clearly missing out
>>
>just finished the story
What the fuck happened at the end? Nothing was explained
>>
>>22616820
You see, evolution.
>>
>>22616541
Hate any and all games with Diablo loot out sheer instinct.
>>
File: 1694338243623719.jpg (107 KB, 573x523)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
Any other missions give upgrade discounts?
>>
>>22616878
You can just play on the 1st two difficulty and ignore the loot autism
>>22616541
/m/ doesn't like super robot. Bunch of gundam normies in here.
>>
hit player rank 70 how the FUCK do I get stronger
>>
Well I pirated it and beat it got to lvl 72. Wanted to support the devs so paid 70 bucks and the save won't carry over. Sorry had to refund.
>>
Dead game I guess
>>
>only game i played for the last 2 weeks
>71 hrs
>finally unlocked megaton II and the maximus blaze T armor and finishes premium pass
Okay i legit have to take a break.
>>
>>22617694
Fuck, I was planning on doing the same thing.
>>
File: file.png (269 KB, 408x282)
269 KB
269 KB PNG
>>22617971
same but I'm slow as fuck and only in middle of 2nd season
Good game, probably first time I'm this obsessed in decade
>>
>>22606026
Looks like a show for primary school kids. Is it worth it?
>>
>>22619114
You seem to be around same age, give it a shot
>>
>>22606026
I know I haven't gotten very far but the cutscene to gameplay ratio is awful. Is it going to be like this the whole game?
>>
File: file.png (160 KB, 639x282)
160 KB
160 KB PNG
>>22619003
I wish I could be playing more. Luckily finals week ends today, so I'll have the summer to enjoy this one.
>>
>>22619268
Around chapter 10 or 11 a bunch of side-missions open at once that go beyond your current story missions.
>>
I guess chapter 21 was when the devs know their time was up. Plot went override and all the subplot threads got wrapped. Then the whole ass anime ep cutscene
Grieffas and the queen got done dirty.
>>
>>22619003
Im going to stop for a month since im going to burn out if i join another fucking roulette and its gaufia armored farm. 71 hrs of this game for 2 weeks is already a megaton.
>>
>>22619537
it's better to take it in reasonable pace honestly
otherwise it is definitely easy to burn out
>>22621138
yea, I feel some burn out too, mostly due trying to keep up with coop with people who have way more energy than me
>>
Can someone give me pointers? I'm overwhelmed with mods, set bonus, and how many weapons you can bring into a stage. I genuinely don't know what to do with the customization system, just got done with the tutorial btw.
>>
>>22621183
you don't need to bother with that stuff until end game of high difficulties
just press "recommended" and don't worry about it
>>
>>22621189
Okay, if you say so.
Pretty surprising considering LBX was pretty much plug and play
>>
>>22621194
well don't forget that this game is 3 games together, with first one going thru development hell
and especially considering f2p period too, which generally devolves games into number crunching and minmaxing
balance is screwed in the end, since they put everything they could into the game instead of making one singular title as with LBX.

Of course nothing of that excuses game for being overwhelming with mechanics which may not be someone's cup of tea.
Sadly the further you go the more mechanics there is, so just try to figure them out at your own pace.

If to back to points - 6 weapons you can bring is due of enemies can have variety of weaknesses. When you attack enemy with right weapon you can see change of damage number colors and green arrow near down where weapon is.
That's why you can set recommended weapons from mission select.
Set bonus I personally didn't look into. Mods I just go with auto select for now too, since you can focus them on specific attribute (melee/ranged) etc.
Game auto setups are really god send with this amount of numbers, so in that case it is still "plug and play" but not the great variant of it.
>>
I've already watched.
>>
>>22606026
>episode 3 still not out on Crunchyroll
RIP
>>
>sudden rape scene
Wtf? They really threw everything at the wall like >>22621129 said
>>
>>22621171
>yea, I feel some burn out too, mostly due trying to keep up with coop with people who have way more energy than me
One thing I wish they have is power scaling if youre too high so it would cause you to even out. I coop a ton and i feel bad whenever I coop with lower powered players. Sure I can change my gear but i like the weapon models im using and it would be annoying to dedicate a rogue for each range.
>>
>>22616820
Apparently more content is coming
>>
File: 1000000.jpg (280 KB, 1280x720)
280 KB
280 KB JPG
you can do it bros
>>
how do you input a rush attack properly on controller? trying to do the lance rush attack into hold button for multiple pokes but I cant see to get it to work, only randomly
>>
Does the Megaton Musashi X part of the story starts right after the city launches as a floating ship? If that's the case I can see how the original game underperformed. That seems way too short and there isn't any kind of story resolution.
>>
What the hell is this?
>>
>>22625095
You can change who you're playing as mid-mission. Press up or down when you're on the weapon select menu.
>>
>>22625095
text tells you to change to other unit
>>22625005
Seems like it, tho I'd say to be disappointed in game being short people must play it at first, I feel like it didn't even reach that threshold.
I think our general impression of playing Wired is scewed since it's easy to make missions take no time since balance is borked.
>>
>>22625100
>>22625097
Oh. I ended up just shooting the boss to death.
>>
>>22625005
I think X was always planned to happen to continue the story judging by the anime being planned for 2 cour. They just shift gear from a DLC expansion to f2p.
Ending the original game on a cliffhanger is just shitty though, like copying Asura Wrath. Just another bad Lv5 move.
>>
Man, post anime story was rushed as fuck
few missions and cutscenes and that's it
You can really feel that money gone dry
Sucks a little bit, it had chance to be as elaborate as 1st or 2nd season. Or at least a movie
>>
>>22627212
yeah it really feels like they condensed all the plot of another 10-12 chapters into 3. Was kind of bummed because up until that point it had been a pretty good ride.
>>
>>22627212
They did they'd be updating it over time too. Whether or not that actually happens in the first place or if it gets an English release either is going to be the question.

I still remember them fucking over White Knight 2 and leaving the Avatar Story JP Only DLC despite it being necessary for some of the plot to make sense since its all about your created character.
>>
>>22627595
>They did say they'd be updating it over time too.
Fixed that and found the link where its mentioned too.

https://gamerant.com/megaton-musashi-w-wired-story-game-dlc-support/
>Just as the game received support in Japan for years, Megaton Musashi W: Wired will also get similar support.

> According to Hino, Level-5 has plans to "continue the game and the story as well." He mentions there are a few possibilities and what those are remains to be seen, though it will likely be more than bug fixes and customer support. This new content could add more general content to the game and new additions to the story, but another possible avenue, depending on Level-5 plans, is more collaborations.
>>
>>22627212
>Man, post anime story was rushed as fuck
Season 2 felt rushed as fuck in general but I didnt expect the W part to fucking go from 200mph to 1000.
>>
>>22627611
The plot in the last chapter barely even wraps anything up, feels like they definitely are going to make another dlc... though with how rushed the wired content felt I'm not sure it'll be much of anything better.
>>
Why is it impossible to find colosseum matches? I have to imagine there's some kind of strict ping limit because I find it unbelievable that across the entire world and consoles and PC there are not 6 people willing to play at once.
>>
>>22628078
Have you tried switching crossplay on/off? I heard that setting was acting strangely somewhere
>>
>>22628078
genuinely no one bought this game because level 5 decided to not advertise at all
the peak on steam didn't even hit 800 players
>>
>>22627587
I guess even level 5 can't print money enough to make new mecha franchise as they'd want
>>22627595
yea, but updating will prolly be about Eve and such, not about first from zero to climax story in few stages we got with 5 year after time skip before credits
>>22627614
2nd season felt generally okay honestly, maybe it's due me talking to every npc ever
>>
>>22627676
It's really too bad how rushed the pacing is towards the end, because it was pretty kino before that. Felt like reading a manga that is about to be axed.
>>
>>22627614
Everything pre-sanctuary is fine, if a bit slow-paced IMO. Condensing the whole sanctuary finale into 1 chapter is certainly a choice though. They went full wrap-it-up mode.
For comparison, the whole sanctuary finale was like a third of the anime's season 2.
>>
>>22628139
The settings option to enable cross-play is mistakenly labeled "Same Platform Matching Only", so if you turn it off, you're actually turning off cross-play. The toggle that appears when starting a multiplayer match is labeled correctly though.
>>
>>22621634
>Crunchyroll now forgot to release episode 4 this week
RIP again
>>
https://www.megaton-musashi.jp/wired/en/patchnote/ver_3_0_3/
New update with lots of fixes.
>Adjusted the Rail Shooter's hit count so that it would be less affected by FPS settings.
>>>less
>>
>>22633669
Can they nerf megaton 2 or something, this shit is too hard
>>
>>22633753
Should have gotten the Jap to carry you
Joke aside, once multiplayer dies, shit is gonna be inaccessible though
You would have to grind pretty long on megaton 1 for legendary +20 or better to power through solo
Or just abuse burning build.
>>
>>22633669
Is it nerfed? Rail Shooter felt like the only way to solo progress the early stages of Megaton 2
>>
File: Wailing Wall.jpg (120 KB, 746x800)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>22633669
>Fixed an issue whereby deploying on a mission with certain parts equipped caused the game to end while loading, or prevented the player from progressing.
DAMNIT! I reset the game just a couple days ago because I thought the data were corrupted.
all the legendaries i got... sob!
>>
>>22634197
I can pretty much solo all of them except the ones that drop relic rarity parts. I can't even beat that shit with a party, the fucking beetle is impossible holy shit.
>>
Does story mode get harder and/or does the combat system expand at all? I'm just mashing square most of the time.
>>
>>22635540
Story mode is baby mode until you get to the start of X's story and get to select the difficulty.
Combat expands a bit beyond mashing one button.
>>
>>22635540
After you advance past chapter 11 I think you get the ability to raise difficulty level even for the first playthrough of story stages. You get the ability to raise diffculty levels of other mission earlier than that.
>>
>>22627611
So they might have more plot, but they don't know, and might just stick in robots from other series for one story mission here or there? That'll be years from now even if they start today.
>>
File: 1450226320389.gif (337 KB, 446x451)
337 KB
337 KB GIF
>>22635540
You'll eventually get to a point where you'll wish it was easier
>>
>>22636045
Yeah megaton 2 is ass, honestly. I really don't like how limited loot is by the end either, I hope they update the game to have more options in that regard at least, it feels like shit when a game all about customizing throws out most of your options at end game.
>>
I'm getting disconnected in multiplayer constantly. Anyone else?
>>
are they gonna add Gundam to the game or just the litterally who super robots?
>>
Is it worth grinding out the Conquest Mode when I unlock it? The adapters seem like ass, I keep getting absurdly niche set skills on mine.
>>
>>22636404
It's weird how there are so few megaton 2 missions. You also need to unlock them by raising your megaton rank. After megaton rank 18 they expect you to go all the way up to 25 with no new missions which is an absurd grind.
>>
>>22636747
I can’t see them adding Gundam, but fingers crossed for Big O, Godmars, or Shin Getter/Mazinger.
>>
why can I never play online with anyone
are most people at end game?
I'm at chapter 6
>>
>>22639001
Yeah you're not going to find many people who want to run chapter 6 stuff. You unlock dreadnought missions at chapter 10 which are like raids.
>>
>>22636747
>literally who super robots
kys
>>
>>22606026
How is the game? I'm thinking of getting it but not sure if its worth the price. I dont like farming materials.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.