[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1.png (566 KB, 640x480)
566 KB
566 KB PNG
Second batch. Done in joint with /m/subs, as always, read their writeup as well.

https://nyaa.si/view/1812377

https://www.inka-subs.net/2024/04/msubs-inka-gear-fighter-dendoh-13-26.html

https://msubsreleases.wordpress.com/2024/04/30/m-subs-inka-gear-fighter-dendoh-13-26/
>>
>>22608184
Based. Thanks for this. How many episodes are left, 13?
>>
>>22608184
Thank you! I'm glad this show is finally getting some better subs. It's one of my favourites.
>>22608193
>>
>>22608184
What a handso/m/e robot.
>>
File: gf-22.jpg (93 KB, 614x351)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
Let's hope the novels get translated next. Here are the cancelled sequel plans, since we have a Dendoh thread now:

"The world three years after the battle with Galfa. After the planet Alktos was moved into a diagonal orbit around the Earth, its central computer was shut down. Accepting a very small number of settlers such as doctors and engineers, the country is gradually starting to establish itself as a country.

This time, the United Nations Secretary-General visits Alktos, and Earth, without Meteor and Dendoh, is attacked by an unknown enemy."
>>
File: ovsr04.jpg (30 KB, 540x271)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>22608207
New enemy “Nexeed”:
A space plant that floats through space and devours planets. What they seek is nutrient-rich soil and water, and they fly to the solar system to sacrifice the earth for the next bloom. Galfa's new enemy, ``Nexeed,'' is a gigantic parasitic plant the size of an asteroid. As they float through space, they find and devour planets that provide food for them, rich in plants and animals.In terms of the cosmic ecosystem, they are humans' natural enemies. It is centered around one giant mother tree, consisting of two types of solid bodies called ``plant bodies'' that look like plants and trees themselves, and ``katsudo bodies'' that take the shape of humans who become soldiers to drive out foreign enemies. They are a simple and highly complete national society. They are not evil beings themselves, but their normal life activities are incompatible with humanity.
This is not the first time they have fought against human-like creatures, as they have long lifespans, emotions similar to those of humans, and high intelligence.
They were aware of the existence of Dendoh, Oger, and the seven data weapons, and took a certain plan against the two Gears.

Space Pirate Castanea Heath:
For Nexeed, who desire healthy soil, Alktos, despite its rich appearance on the surface, is not a target for invasion because the planet's interior has become mechanical. With Earth as their goal, they use GEAR's visit to Alktos as an opportunity to plan to contain the two major Gears. During the several weeks it takes for Nexeed to capture a single planet, they send an assassin to Alktos to pin the two Gears to Alktos. Space Pirate Castanea Heath, who is a human but joins forces with the Nexceed, who can be said to be humanity's natural enemy, and he uses the Gouren, one of the seven lost Great Gears. We are finally starting to organize ourselves as a country. Alktos, which was trying to enjoy peace, is once again attacked by war.
>>
File: wlv00.jpg (32 KB, 340x247)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>22608211
Main Characters:
Shuji Tsubaki: the main character of the story and a 5th grade elementary school student who attends Tsukikage Elementary School. Although he is an excellent athlete, he tends to be isolated and tends to do everything by himself. He is the type of person who cannot take action unless he is convinced by logic, and his personality is quite stubborn. He becomes the pilot of the heavy GEAR fighter "Flame Talk".
Paul Gallagher: Shuji's classmate who just moved next door to the Tsubaki family from Hoshimi-cho. Although he is a crybaby and timid, he is very curious and surprisingly active. He pulls Shuji, who is cautious and slow, around. He is selected as the pilot of the air combat GEAR "Wingroove".
Shigeru Kai: A sixth grader, one year older than Shuji and the others. He is the hated upperclassman at school who hangs out with his friends and bullies the weak. He has a dog-monkey relationship with Shuji, who stands out among his lower-class students. He was later chosen to pilot the underwater GEAR "Wavelade".
Yoshimi Kato: A 5th grade elementary school student who attends the same school as Shuji and his friends. She is a mysterious girl who is always protected by a black panther-shaped data weapon. She has a quiet personality and is somewhat shy. As for her, let me state this first, but she didn't fall from space.

Secondary Characters:
Sarah Gallagher: Paul's older sister, a second year junior high school student. She is also a former classmate of Eris and serves as her support in Tsukikage Town. She has an unfazed personality and is quite natural, and although she lives with British parents, she was born in Japan and her English skills are poor.
Tomomi Kai: Shigeru's younger sister and Shuji's classmate, unlike her brother, she is a solid person. However, thanks to her hated older brother, she is kept at a distance from her other classmates, and she does not even speak to Shuji.
>>
File: tobe05.jpg (108 KB, 640x372)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>22608223
Secondary Characters (cont):
Kohakumaru:
A mysterious ninja who appears out of nowhere when Shuji and his friends are in danger. He uses a variety of ninjutsu and coordinated attacks with the data weapon "Silver Owl" to compete against the enemy's combat mechs.

Nexeed:
Illhim: One of the three battle commanders in the Nexeed movement. He is the youngest of the three and has a very serious and direct personality, and he himself goes into battle in a battle mecha, and views Shuji's GEAR "Flame Talk" as his rival.
Zera: She is one of the combat commanders and is a rare female type among active groups. She has a habit of enjoying battle, and is combative and cunning. She leads the cyborg insects and takes the lead in the first battle of the Earth invasion operation.
Ukfurt: He is the oldest of the combat captains and has been around for nearly 1000 years. Contrary to his strong appearance, his actions are delicate and faithful to his duties, and he is also a supporter of the two young men.
He is an old friend of Heath.
Castanea Heath: He is a cyborg who has lived for over 300 years, and is a bodyguard of Nexeed even though he is a "human". He is also the pilot of "Gouren", one of Alktos' seven great GEARs.
Ouju Deripel: When Nexeed invades Earth, he infiltrates Alktos alone to stop Dendoh Oger.
Hiki, a Nexeed who has lived for tens of millions of years while devouring many planets, and the king of his clan. He came to the solar system to sacrifice the Earth for the next flowering.
>>
File: g-f702.jpg (47 KB, 600x206)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>22608263
Mecha (returning):
Name: Gear Warrior "Dendou"
Affiliation: Earth>GEAR, a secret agency under the banner of the United Nations
Pilots: Ginga Izumo, Hokuto Kusanagi
Specs: Reversible, versatile, no fixed equipment
Weapons:
Data Weapon (DW) Phoenix Yell (Akatsuki Odachi)
DW Unicorn Drill
DW Leo Circle
DW Dragon Flare
DW Gatling Boar
DW Viper Whip
DW Bullhorn
Misc: It is the last of the seven major gears of Alktos, and is the only gear that is compatible with Galfa's anti-program.

Name: Knight Gear "Fang Fang"
Affiliation Planet Alktos > Old Kingdom, current Republic.
Pilot: Althea
Specs: Single seat, universal type, no fixed equipment
Main weapon: DW Phoenix Ale (Kumokami, Kaizuchi)
Misc: One of the last-generation Gears that was the guardian of the planet Alktos for a long time. In contrast to Galfa, which has a powerful backup system, it was created as an assist mechanism for Dendoh.
>>
File: mc-02.jpg (37 KB, 302x450)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>22608268
Mecha (new)):
Name: Heavy Gear Warrior "Flame Talk"
Pilot: Shuji Tsubaki
Specs: Three seats (one pilot), semi-universal type, equipped with plasma booster
Weapons: DW Wolf Spartan, 30mm 5-finger Vulcan, 4-finger linear gun x 2, fire string
Misc: It was the first of the 7 major Gears to be built, and it is also the gear that is most likely to be used as a weapon. It has a unique amplification device called the Plasma Booster and boasts the greatest power and destructive power of the seven, but on the other hand, it is the largest and heaviest, so it lacks maneuverability and has low flight ability, so in fact it can be said to be used exclusively for amphibious warfare.

Name: Gear Striker "Win Groove"
Pilot: Paul Gallagher
Specs: Single seat, air combat type
Weapons: DW Falcon Slicer, Flash Lightning Blade Attack
Misc: One of the first generation Gears created in the next generation near Flame Talk.
Although it is lightweight and has excellent maneuverability, it is less powerful and less decisive than other Gears. Rather than fighting alone, it shows its true value in combination with Flame Talk.
>>
File: mc-03.jpg (43 KB, 338x450)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>22608272
New Mecha (cont):
Name: Gear Diver "Way Blade"
Pilot: Shigeru Kai
Specs: Single seat, for underwater combat
Weapons: DW Anchor Shark, Echo Knife, 505 Water Gun
Misc: One of the first generation Gears. Although it can handle ground combat fairly well, its underwater combat power is unmatched by other Gears. It incorporates a considerable amount of the know-how of late-model Gears, and has potentially quite powerful power.
>>
File: mc-04.jpg (30 KB, 250x450)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>22608277
Name: Gear Warrior "Todorokama" (Gear Warrior "Gouren")
Affiliation: space pirate
Pilot: Castanea Heath
Specs: Single seat, universal type, anti-electromagnetic plating
Weapons: DW Griffon Nova
Misc: One of the 7 Great Gears, it was once taken out of Alktos by people who disapproved of the planet's management by a central computer and separated from Vega's ancestors. Although it has become a model for all-purpose machines such as Dendoh and Oger, its combat ability is extremely high as it has never been sealed and has continued to fight in active duty and has continued to be improved and strengthened. The metallic body color is not the aircraft's original color, but a molecular robot coating that absorbs enemy radar waves and provides optical camouflage.
>>
>>22608184
Big o7, can't wait for the last episodes
I had literally given up hope on ever seeing Dendoh subbed years ago. You're a blessing, dude
>>
Ah, yes, the mom anime.
>>
File: 230416.jpg (2.43 MB, 4122x4000)
2.43 MB
2.43 MB JPG
>>22608184
Holy shit I never thought I'd see the day, I bit the bullet ~2 years ago and watched the crabsticks and now we're here. I have no more excuses to postpone the rewatch now.
Anyone watched Mai-hime? I don't see /m/ talk about it a lot.
>>
>>22609278
My-HiME was actually inspired by C-DRiVE, the idol group from Dendoh, right down to the name. It's crazy that Sunrise was planning to make Dendoh a whole franchise -- it would have been a lot better than Gundam SEED. A My-HiME character also used Vega's planned redesign for the sequel and stole Sarah Gallagher's name.
>>
>>22608184
Cheers OP.
>>22609278
Not yet but Mai-Hime is on my backlog.
>>
Is it true Fukuda’s wife hated so much working on this show she almost refused to work on Seed? And was only convinced after watching Kamen Rider Kuuga and realizing you can do a legacy series for the current generation without taking the older fans into consideration.
>>
>>22609639
No, she actually enjoyed it. It's more that she wanted to be on her kids' PTA and didn't feel like she any business being a screenwriter. Fukuda liked her casual suggestions a lot, and he put her on so that he wouldn't have as much resistance for his crazy last-minute ideas (Dendoh was going to be sentient until Fukuda decided otherwise a week or two before the airing of the first episode).
https://trafalgarlog.wordpress.com/2023/07/12/id-like-to-talk-to-this-person-107-chiaki-morosawa-from-animage-vol-358-april-2008/
>>
>>22609663
>No, she actually enjoyed it
>That’s right. To be honest, I really didn’t like it very much.
???
>>
>>22609663
>"It was actually supposed to speak up until the last minute, so we even had a voice picked out. I can’t say who it was, but to this day he still badgers me about “Why didn’t you put me in?” whenever we meet (lol)."
It was extremely last minute, iirc Dendoh's lips were still moving on a certain promotional video (it's been taken down from youtube).

>>22609696
>"My enthusiasm for making things was curbed a lot when working on Dendoh. That’s why I think it still feels unambitious and mediocre. [...]"
Nobody liked working on Dendoh.
>>
File: 1611399978475.png (2.63 MB, 1800x1600)
2.63 MB
2.63 MB PNG
>>22608184
bless you
>>
>>22609278
I did back in the days, plus Mai Otome and its prequel OVAs.
The Mai Otome prequel OVAs have a lot of Dendoh references.
>>
>>22609703
Satoshi Shigeta did, years ago when the Super Robot Chogokin came out he talked about it a lot,
>>
>>22610622
>The Mai Otome prequel OVAs have a lot of Dendoh references.
What were they? I tried watching the first episode of that OVA, but I absolutely hated it so I couldn't continue.
>>
>>22608184
incredibly based
>>
>>22610955
Off the top of my head Rena pulled out the Akatsuki blade in the last episode.
>>
The original 2000 website is still up, amazingly.

http://www.dendoh.net/index.html
>>
>>22611811
Most old Sunrise anime websites are still up. I'm pretty sure the Wings of Rean website is still up.
>>
>>22609703
>Fukudas didn't like working on Dendoh
>it's by far the best thing either of them did
>>
>>22615961
This is the first time I have heard Fukuda disliked working on it, but some years ago I went to SunFes where Furusato and Fukuda talked about how regulations for kids anime at the time were very strict following the Pokemon Shock incident.. They gave an example how Vega had to wear helmet all the times.
>>
>>22616046
Uh yeah, she's not a retard.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.