[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: latest-2330534421.jpg (26 KB, 640x352)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
I'm on episode 14 of Gundam ZZ.

Why did he smack everyone around in Zeta over nothing, but he lets everyone get away with everything now? Is he afraid of Judau?
>>
Bright mellowed out a little by ZZ. I would like to assume.
>>
>>22612754
Doesn't ZZ start like 6 months after Zeta ended?
>>
>>22612758
I really don't know why bright chilled out. Maybe he was scared of judau.
>>
>>22612753
I know this isn't what you were talking about but it's related so I'm gonna say it anyway. ZZ sucked so much harder because nobody in the main cast had a definitive mobile suit. Everyone in zeta had an MS that perfectly reflected them but the gundam team is always swapping suits around like a mobile suit orgy and half the kids don't even get a suit.
>>
>>22612753
>Is he afraid of Judau?
He is. Amuro and Kamille were insecure boys with no friends. Judau however is a self made man who owns a home, takes care of his sister, runs a business, and has friends he can count on. Judau is fine with saying no to Bright's bullshit in ZZ and walking away. That's why when Bright attempts to laser a space colony, he doesn't even attempt to try to pull rank on Judau since he knows Judau won't fall for that.
>>
>>22612753
He's tired.
>>
>>22612846
and busy being an adulterer.
>>
>>22612761
Who wouldn't be, he took out Wong Lee!
>>
File: 1670355731357335.gif (1.38 MB, 407x275)
1.38 MB
1.38 MB GIF
>>22612934
This is gangster pimp (where's my money bitch) wong lee btw
>>
File: page_54.jpg (196 KB, 884x1251)
196 KB
196 KB JPG
>>22612753
>>22612761
>>22612818
> Is he afraid of Judau?
On the contrary he was afraid of Amuro as Ryu stated because he didn't know how to deal with him. Kamiille mellowed out quite quickly in comparison and he didn't have nearly as much trouble as the other two. With Judau and his gang he didn't really have to try hard because they were just a bunch of dumbass kids and they were pretty easy to fool given he tricked them with the prospects of money (of course Leina helped with this as well) so its more or less that he was self aware enough through his experience with Amuro and Kamille that he didn't take Judau NEARLY as seriously.
>>
>>22612753
because anime ja nai
>>
The Shangri-La kids have spines that Kamille, Katz and the engineers didn't.
>>
Bright was beyond done with it all by ZZ.
>thrust into a position he wasn't ready for and in command of mostly civilians that don't know military protocol
>constantly contradicted and in conflict with hormonal teenagerds
>brought back into combat a few years later in charge of a more competent crew but at odds with hot headed retard aces
>watches one get killed and another become braindead
>crew reduced to a skeleton with only a few reliable dudes
>has to bargain with mildly competent street rats to survive
>does not have the energy to get angry
>just wants to see his wife and kids again
>leaves at the flimsiest excuse
>>
>>22612753
He's pretty shaken up over what happened to Kamille in particular. Even after following his gut and defecting to AEUG he still tried to be the 'proper' officer that got him through the OYW. Look where it got him. He's so fucking done, halfway convinced he'd be on the first shuttle out if not for the fact he can't abandon the fight against Neo-Zeon in good conscience.
>>
Their numbers were so low I figured it would be better to not have your only good pilot fuck off immediately by slapping him and just let him get away with his own dumb shit sometimes.
>>
>>22612758
>6 months
Not even, timeline wise ZZ basically starts a week after the end of Zeta since Titans was destroyed and AEUG was crippled where Neo Zeon took advantage and made its move.
>>
>>22613289
How fucking small was the AEUG that the Shangri-la brats were the best they could come up with as the best pilots for what was basically the most powerful and important vessel the AEUG had at the time? I know that the AEUG was the underdog against the Titans, but there was never really a good measure of how much of an underdog they were, the best idea we could get was that the Titans still had so much an advantage that despite the colony laser winning the final battle for them, their AEUG's fleet was left with damn near nothing worthwhile, with the implication that if they didn't have the laser, they'd have gotten crushed by even what was considered the last remaining Titan's fleet in space, and that was AFTER the Titans had their own civil war with Scirocco's usurpation.
>>
>>22613372
It was really tiny, and they were desperate after their fleet was destroyed in the final battle. It was a true grassroots movement.
>>
>>22612753
>>22612761
Did you forget Z's ending? Bright would have to be an emotionless robot to not be affected by that.
>>
>>22613381
So, what was up with the "half the Federation military is sympathetic to the AEUG" assessment made by Bask and Jamaican in the beginning of the series? Or when the Titans were cut off from official Federation government support later on? The AEUG didn't massively grow in size and support after the atrocities by the Titans were exposed and laid a lot more bare?
>>
>>22613302
They hadn't even had time to get Kamille to a proper medical facility or make more than the most basic repairs to their remaining mobile suits, too. ZZ picks up right after the Gryps battle.
>>22613403
The regular paranoia and cope that comes with being that kind of organisation. In the show you see them toss the accusation at basically any Feddie officer that doesn't immediately spread their asshole for them.
>>
>>22613403
>Or when the Titans were cut off from official Federation government support later on? The AEUG didn't massively grow in size and support after the atrocities by the Titans were exposed and laid a lot more bare?
Yeah, but don't you think people would be too scared to fight the Titans after hearing all the bad things they did? The Federation was too weak and corrupt to oppose the Titans in any meaningful way, hence why they were taken over by the Titans in the first place.
>>
>>22612753
>Why did he smack everyone around in Zeta over nothing
Because someone thought that this shitty meme was funny and tried to force it.
Alternatively, he was taking it out on his underlings after Titans "corrected" him and his pride got wounded.
>>22612792
I'm slightly pissed that Methuss wasn't given to Iino or even Mondo.
>>
>>22612792
>the gundam team is always swapping suits around like a mobile suit orgy
this is based though and helps mobile suits feel like tools rather than superheroes
>>
>>22612753
>but he lets everyone get away with everything now? Is he afraid of Judau?
Bright had to bust his ass to get the Shangrila kids to accept working for the Agarama and if he started going around slapping them they'd just leave and then they'd be without pilots again and Neo Zeon would kill them. I think the circumstances are a little different this time around compared to Zeta, the AEUG pretty much lost everything in the Gryps War.
>>
>>22612753
>consistent writing in a cartoon pre1990
If you want a reaching answer then you can consider that Bright was a 19 year old who was functionally put in charge of a fucking warship and his only lifeline was some autistic teenager.
I'd be smacking the shit out of people too.

Less excuses in Zeta but Kamille really needed to get his shit straight.
>>
>>22613875
Learning to trust them was a good character development for him.
>>
>>22613129
who is the ace that dies, emma? or do you mean char's fakeout
>>
>>22613885
The only time I remember Bright smacking Kamille is when Kamille fights with the navigators which is fine because they were fighting while they were on standby and wouldn't calm down. The guys who hit up Kamille multiple times were Char and Emma
>>
>>22612792
That's just painfully wrong. During the latter half, everyone started to play a roll within the gundam team. Judau as the tank with ZZ, Roux had Zeta as a scout, Elle's Mk.II played a supporting roll along with Beecha's leadership in his Hyaku Shiki. Mondo and lino flew the mega rider, ZZ's corefighters, or base jabber.
>>22613446
Yeah but the Titans are shown to be a pretty incompetent organization during the show along with them not being able to handle an organization as small as AEUG. I'd feel that much more people would join the fight after they got exposed. Tbh both ZZ and Z suffer from being told stuff one thing but showing another.
>>
>>22612753
Because ZZ is a parody of Zeta until episode 20
>>
>>22614402
>Tbh both ZZ and Z suffer from being told stuff one thing but showing another.
I personally found both much worse at giving you a sense of the wider conflict. Gundam had a similar ship cast set up, essentially defining that archetype for the genre, but occasionally someone would show up with a mission or they'd join up with the larger war effort. Those and the scenes with Char and the Zabis all contributed to giving you some sense of what was going on in the setting. As the war shifted, you could tell.

I never got that sense in Zeta and ZZ. Often times it would feel like the main cast were the only ones actually doing anything, despite that obviously not possibly being the case. Sometimes it'd seem like things would just happen in the wider setting without any real logic or feeling that there were other actors involved. Oh no Haman dropped a colony on Ireland and has all the Federation leaders pledging fealty to her at a party! Oh wait, who cares those guys weren't doing anything for us to begin with.
>>
>>22612753
I'm pretty sure Bright is calm and more forgiving when he's on solid ground like on a colony or earth, but when he enters space he gets stressed and paranoid because enemy ships could strike any moment and it doesn't help his crew is always questioning his command.
Atleast that's what I think is going on with him from 0079 to ZZ
>>
>>22612753
>Why did he smack everyone around in Zeta over nothing, but he lets everyone get away with everything now? Is he afraid of Judau?

If you read Tomino interviews, he said he felt Zeta Gundam was too dark and had a depressing ending.

So he wanted to make ZZ Gundam into a comedy show and very light hearted. Something that the viewers didn't have to take seriously and could make people laugh.

Ironically, Tomino ended up get complaints and hate mail from the Japanese about ZZ Gundam. Many viewers complained about the tone and expressed their strong distaste for the show.

So Tomino never made another comedy Gundam show again. ZZ's unpopularity is also why ZZ Gundam is one of the only Gundam shows that Tomino retconned and chose not to make any compilation movies for.
>>
>>22614524
eh, with Zeta the Radish had some POV stuff, and I think there were only a few other ships flying about
it was like four total ships or something lmao
>>
>>22614184
>The guys who hit up Kamille multiple times were Char and Emma
And Wong giving him a straight up beat down. Imagine being a fighter pilot and the president of Lockheed-Martin karate kicks your ass into tomorrow because he thinks you don't appreciate your experimental jetfighter enough.
>>
>>22614659
It's also important that, even if not everyone is constantly beating up Kamille, whenever it happened everyone else was usually saying or thinking something like "harsh, but it was necessarily." That mentality is completely gone by ZZ.
>>
>>22614637
IIRC during episode 10 where Quattro and Emma were discussing about the Jaburo drop operation and they were deploying 9 ships (Argama, Radish, and 7 Salamis) plus around 80 MS. I would assume it is just a portion of the total forces AEUG had but I don't know how big of a portion it is.
>>
>>22612753
The writers were smoking crack in 86
>>
>>22614624
When did Tomino retcon Zeta? Neo Zeon still needs to be defeated before CCA happens and Char makes Neo-Neo Zeon.
>>
Because Judau literally kicked Bright in the face first chance he got and Bright instantly thought something like dang this kid isn't some weak-ass nerd like Amuro and Camille better not mess with him and his friends
>>
>>22616113
>Neo Zeon still needs to be defeated before CCA happens and Char makes Neo-Neo Zeon.

The Zeta Gundam movie prevent ZZ Gundam from happening. It's a peaceful ending that Haman chose.

So If you have to come up with how it leads to CCA, then...

1. Haman didn't declare war and went for a peaceful ending in the movies, then maybe you could say that Haman's Axis Zeon peacefully gets reabsorbed back into Side 3's Government.

2. Most soldiers who lived on Axis just wanted to go home back to Side 3 after six years of exile on Axis. Families get reunited, and people go Home to live in colonies.

3. Axis in largely abandoned since every went back to the colonies.

4. Haman dies off screen for some Reason (disease, accident, or whatever)

5. Several years of peace happen.

6. Char sees that his Dakar speech did nothing to change the Federation's ways. He gets upset they aren't moving to space.

7. Char Begins to form Neo Neo Zeon and rally support.
>>
>>22612761
>I really don't know why bright chilled out.
Because literally everything that happened broke everyone and made them realize none of their shit worked. He wasn't mellower he was basically broken.
>>
>>22615783
The way that they talk about it, Char in particular, makes me think it's a pretty substantial force commitment. Arguably the point is to give the impression that AEUG has more resources available than it really does.
>>
>>22616126
What changes in the ending aside from Kamille not getting his brain messed up by Scirocco?
>>
>>22613398
Why? He is military. He would care less.
>>
>>22616178
Specific changes include introducing a scene where Haman mentions sending Mineva down to Earth for schooling or something. There's also a visual shot at the end of Axis ships flying back out away from the Earthsphere.
>>
>>22616179
It's he WOULDN'T you retard, and military people actually care very much about these kinds of things.
>>
>>22616178
- Haman decides not to invade Earth and be nice. She even sends Mineva to school on Earth.

- We also get to see scenes of the old White Base crew living their lives and relaxing.

-Mirai and the Noa family.
-Kai with Sayla on her island.
-Amuro with his harem of Beltorchka, Fraw, and Kikka.
-Kamille gets a happy ending with Fraw
>>
>>22616205
>>22616178
Haman's Axis troops also leave Axis (the asteroid) behind and leave with their ships to the outer solar system. So, you don't even need to search for excuses. It's explicitly shown abandoned on-screen.
>>
File: dp030kd91bd61-2169463800.jpg (242 KB, 2000x2667)
242 KB
242 KB JPG
>>22612753
>Is he afraid of Judau?
Good judgement and fear are not the same thing.
>>
>>22616205
>Amuro with his harem of Beltorchka, Fraw, and Kikka.
Did Hayato die early or something?
>>
Judau is a gigachad zoomer frfr no cap so bright boomer was mogged skibidi toilet
>>
>>22616126
>Char dropped Axis because of [bullshit he told the public]
Psycho with a lot of clout and not as many reasons to live has a midlife crisis and starts a war so he can experience the emotional highpoints he could only hit in battle
>>
>>22612753
I know it's Unicorn adjacent so feel free to call it non-canon fanfic shit, but "The Man Who Could Not Ride the Rainbow" goes into some detail about Bright's thoughts on all the crap that happened over the years (before the events of Unicorn).

Around the start of Zeta he bought into the idea that Kamille was the second coming of Amuro like other people in the AEUG were pushing, so he treated him like Amuro and brushed off all the outbursts and crap that Kamille gave them as being the result of being born in a different generation. By the time the shit with Neo-Zeon starts happening Bright comes to the realization that Kamille was in fact different from Amuro and needed serious help/guidance, but because he didn't know how to help him, and was hoping that Char would do something, he did nothing and watched as Kamille destroyed himself. He personally blames himself (and Char). By the time he gets to Shangri-La he's completely desperate for a hail mary because the war situation has collapsed and the mood on the Agama is in the shitter, so when he sees Judau's potential as a newtype and that he's basically the emotional opposite of Amuro and Kamille he recruits him and stakes his hopes on him. He doesn't want the same thing to happen again and regrets having to force Judau into the position, so he treats him differently in what he sees as the only form of penance he can give him.
>>
>>22614101
He definitely means Emma. Nobody believed Char died, he was considered MIA. Especially since Newtypes can feel when somebody dies.
>>
>>22616190
>>22616205
>>22616225
Huh. Well, that would certainly change things a fair bit, even if it sounds completely implausible that Haman Karn wouldn't lead Neo Zeon to war. Thanks, anons.
>>
>>22617476
Char just needed to kiss her and tell her that war is bad or something
>>
>>22616939
Always took it as the events of Zeta left him blackpilled on the nature of humans as a whole, they don't want to save themselves, they just want saviors and martyrs. So he concocted and elaborate suicide by cop. To have one last bout with Amuro and punish humanity for not learning the lessons it should have after the oyw, Gryps, and Neo Zeon wars. Maybe also to try and sour future generations of spacenoids against blindly following some charismatic idol into war again like the Zabis, Haman and, himself.

Ultimately he's proven wrong about his belief that people won't come together to save the whole at their own expense. (Although that last bit about spacenoids following idols didn't take if were considering Full Frontal and later Minerva.)
>>
>>22612753
having survived 2 wars on the front lines, he realized he's not the main character and to just let the genius kid pilot do his thing
>>
>>22612753
Bright loses his bite and becomes one of the "adults" by the ZZ era see >>22612818 when he's considering destroying Axis. He can't fuck with Judau because Judau is the opposite of what he's become.
>>
File: 195.png (1.3 MB, 1280x747)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB PNG
>>22617503
SRWT was wild. These two teaming up are like Caesar and Cleopatra.
>>
>>22616205
>Kai with Sayla

my boi fucking did it!
>>
>>22617135
This is retarded and contradicts Zeta and ZZ.
For starters, Bright was the one who pushed comparisons between Kamille and Amuro, as well as seeing Judau as being similar with both of them.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.