[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: cover.jpg (932 KB, 1902x1070)
932 KB
932 KB JPG
I am glad that we finally got a good Gundam show again. UC wank, G-Reco, and IBO almost made me quit but G-Witch brought me back in! I am hopeful for the future.
>>
>>22616021
this is plastic walmart levels of bait
>>
>>22616023
It is true tho. Only people who hate on G-Witch are newfags who got into Gundam through the dreadful 2010s UCwankfests who's writting is bottom of the barrel, or IBO aka the worst Gundam series ever conceived.
>>
>>22616033
The irony
>>
>G-Reco
>gundam
>>
>>22616021
>I am glad that we finally got a good Gundam show again
Pic unrelated? Its pretty fucking garbage
>>
File: mm.jpg (369 KB, 1141x1400)
369 KB
369 KB JPG
>>22616053
It was a breath of fresh air.
>>
>>22616033
>newfags
>2010s
trolling goes to >>>/b/
>>
File: 1672190502577100.jpg (185 KB, 1920x1080)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
>>22616021
Every Sunday I listen to her song. Every Sunday I miss her.
>>
Why G-Bitch troons can't just move on?
>>
File: 1704374615650748.png (220 KB, 450x560)
220 KB
220 KB PNG
>>22616021

It shit the bed in the last five episodes. Even Miorine and Suletta's actresses said the show could have done with two more episodes to tie things up because shit got wrapped up fast near the end and it didn't feel natural at all.
>>
File: IMG_6447.jpg (67 KB, 600x600)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>22616033
ibo at least had cute gays instead of boring lesbians written by men
>>
File: 1687882417330218.jpg (271 KB, 1920x1080)
271 KB
271 KB JPG
>>22616373
Jeturk homos fucked it up. All that daddy issues nonsense ate up too much time, especially if he was just going to be a suletta orbiter anyway. Why is half the final battle wasted on his faggot brother pulling a Riddhe?
>>
I'm never watching this show, and for every G-Witch thread on the board I'm donating $10 to Palestine.
>>
>>22616021
Bait thread aside, I wonder how Gwitch will be received in years.
>>
File: Legilis6.png (403 KB, 640x360)
403 KB
403 KB PNG
>>22616398
I'm starting to appreciate AGE more as time goes by. Guess that's how it goes for Gwitch too if the next show is somehow worse.
>>
>>22616391
Ibo also had the better man x mecha slightly homosexual relationship
>>
>>22616398
G-Witch and IBO, regardless of if you like them or not, are not Gundam. Sunrise just puts parade colors on a hero mech and calls the show Gundam like it's that easy. Even if G-Witch was set in UC, it's not Gundam. It's not written or paced like Gundam. The story is not about the same things as Gundam.
>>
>>22616398
badly because the writing didn't attract younger audience, and even UC boomers saw how this show was written by old men who have a fetish for yuri.
making the MC a girl didn't do shit if she had little agency, i still read japanese questions the ending and think that if suletta was a male people would be more loud the show problems, instead the yuri distracts people from critique the show (even in japan you'd get called an homophobe if you say anything bad).
>>
>>22616430
desu I'm not a big fan of Gwitch but the franchise always was pretty open with liberties and "what is Gundam", Gundam X entire message was about this too. the director said the whole rant on "newtypes" by Domes was about Gundam.
>>
File: 1714653958984552.png (335 KB, 512x512)
335 KB
335 KB PNG
>>22616398
It will depends.
Gwitch, contrary to what some says, actually was VERY popular. But, it was a lot more popular with newcomers/younger fans than pre-existing fans, who enjoyed it but without much else at best for most of what I saw.

(though Gwitch also wasn't done to be the "big public" gundam project either, It was a more experimental project. the big public project is the live action movie which they want to be popular just like the Monsterverse. So a completely different demographic)

The question will be: will the newcomers brought by Gwitch stick around for the next big show?
Will SEED FREEDOM massive success also influence what is next?
>>
>>22616398
In nipland it was never particularly hated. Though the Michaelis didn’t sell, the series overall was pretty well liked all the way to the end. That likely won’t change much for them.
In the west, I think it depends on how much longer this culture war bullshit goes on for.
Everything gets looked at more favorably with time, since there’s always “something worse” that comes out. It’s just going to take longer for G-Witch because half the discourse surrounding it is still
>muh woke
>muh gays
and all that shit. But it isn’t any gayer than Gundam has ever been before this point.
>>
>>22616448
>will the newcomers brought by Gwitch stick around for the next big show?
I don't think so. Most newcomers came for the yuri.
>>
>>22616448
it's so popular that no major brand or store signed for a commercial collaboration. the best they could afford was the one done by the radio station that was hosting the radio, two items and no one went there because no appealing merch or character.
people could say that bandai invested their cash in seed movie promo and I think they are right.
>>
>>22616531
Yeah the lack of promo was a bit surprising. I think the most relevant one was the one that featured Suletta and Miorine touring Japan during the big break between cours and that's it
SEED Freedom had the sanrio one for instance
Can't remember if IBO had any relevant ones though
>>
File: Gamera_manga.jpg (15 KB, 207x188)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>22616448
>Gwitch, contrary to what some says, actually was VERY popular.
>>
>>22616547
probably bandai hired the same studio/people and did a whole batch for seed and gwitch. the fact that for seed was involved the whole cast while for gwitch only two characters was utter bullshit imo
the gundam cafe was still around when ibo was a thing and i remember seeing quite different merch, like the mouse/cat small figures (something definitely aimed at female fans).
>>
>>22616550
Anon you can just look it up online, it did very good gunpla sales, it's the most followed Gundam accounts on most social medias etc
They still do some new merch here and there too. Vanadis Heart also has being going on for more than a year now with no hint at it ending.

Just because something isn't big on /m/ (and the /m/ thread still were popular-ish, though the final one was made lesser due to SEED FREEDOM being announced)
>>
>>22616531
what about the aerial chips? I'm sure there was more merch done as collabs
>>
>>22616578
they officially promoted with original sketches the first batch during season 1, the most relevant one because had the whole cast with a limited flavor. but after that nothing else that made people go out and buy. the second batch for season 2 was very forgettable.
>>22616577
>gunpla sales
Sure, because the mecha designs were good for almost all the mecha and gunota would buy toys if they are cool, not because they like the show.
>Vanadis Heart
Was on hiatus but that doesn't relate to Gwitch because is a spin-off managed by other people, doesn't have any character from the show.
>>
>>22616605
>>gunpla sales
>Sure, because the mecha designs were good for almost all the mecha and gunota would buy toys if they are cool, not because they like the show.
forgot to add that one of the biggest backlash was not enough fights/action between mecha and underused mecha, like schwarzette or the one who was used as taxi in the last episodes (can't even remember the name) because they had production issues and couldn't do anything cool.
so they sold well because designs were cool but not because the show was a good showcase.
>>
>>22616618
I mean, Michealis sold like shit despite looking cool
>>
>>22616618
>the one who was used as taxi in the last episodes (can't even remember the name)
Demi Barding
It did more stuff in the opening than in the show itself
>>
Can we have one thread about G-Witch that isn't bait?
>>
>>22616627
The Michaelis looks like shit. It literally looks like a generic grunt from a non-mecha flavor of the month show that threw in mechs for no reason in the middle of the story.
>>
>>22616673
Name five that look similar to the Michaelis.
>>
>>22616649
I wish so, the only good threads are the rare MS ones, and the Felsi one I guess.
>>
>>22616678
Nah, I'm not gonna play that game. Instead, just look at the Kimaris, Kimaris Vidar, and Kimaris Trooper. The Michaelis looks like it belongs as a grunt to the Kimaris.
>>
File: 1509217700935.jpg (57 KB, 500x403)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>22616705
>running away as soon as the bluff is called
That's what I thought.
>Kimaris, Kimaris Vidar, and Kimaris Trooper
The only things even half similar is the antenna and them being purple, that's it. That's like saying the Barzam is the Varguil's cousin.
>>
How could you all fall for this /u/ pedo bait thread?
>>
File: 1714457613079437.jpg (571 KB, 1440x2160)
571 KB
571 KB JPG
>>22616802
>implying you wouldn't go full P-DoS if an earthian hobo girl asked you for bread

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.