[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_9781.png (2.28 MB, 2892x4096)
2.28 MB
2.28 MB PNG
>Bad ass spike shield
>no snag hazard exposed pipes
>Actually destroyed a Gundam
It’s a better mobile suit than its successor.
>>
File: ms-05 zaku1.jpg (66 KB, 706x1000)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>22622282
I really wish there was more of a gradual change between the zaku 1 and 2, showing how the design flowed into the next.
It also does seem sort of backwards to have exposed pipes on the successor to a suit which had no exposed bits. Feels like a weird flaw that would exist in an early prototype instead of a mainline machine.
>>
>>22622288
consider they might have updated some shit but the only solution for new issues was to put external pipes on it
>>
>>22622282
>>22622288
>pipes
Since they were power pipes that got externalised for some better generator output and for easier Zaku maintenance, does it mean Zaku II losing pipes to light-penetration shrapnel would shut it down?
>>
>>22622956
they're just the CO2 feed hoses for the onboard fountain drink machine
>>
>>22622282
The bar in the center of the head seems like an inefficient design.
>>
>>22622288
the pipes were moved outside because Zaku I had serious heating issues. It just wasn't viable for mass production without major reworking and that was the most cost efficient way. Plus, this left the internal sections with a bit of empty space which ended up being a huge boon for specialized and regional variants that earned Zaku's reputation as a flexible and dependable machine.
>>
File: sdf.png (851 KB, 982x788)
851 KB
851 KB PNG
>>22622282
Good morning, I like Zakus.
>>
>>22624104
Kid on the right wouldn't have made it if he wasn't in a neutral colony, fucker isn't surviving a week of rationing.
>>
>>22622282
Hell yeah. The Zaku 1 is a sexy machine. I love me the Zaku II as well, but the Zaku 1’s lack of pipes makes its kits so much fun to play around with.

Too bad there aren’t as many Origin variants of it versus the Zaku II. Give us Ramba Ral’s Zaku 1, cowards!
>>
For me, it's the Zudah.
>>
Me? I like it goufy.
https://youtu.be/nKqs1JLDbp4?si=SvxclBMHONfhDAIu
>>
File: IMG_9814.jpg (201 KB, 900x1200)
201 KB
201 KB JPG
>>22625592
It’s got goofy feet
>>
File: 109.jpg (2.32 MB, 2219x3032)
2.32 MB
2.32 MB JPG
>>22622288
>I really wish there was more of a gradual change between the zaku 1 and 2, showing how the design flowed into the next.
The MS-06A Early type sort of exists for that purpose.

>It also does seem sort of backwards to have exposed pipes on the successor to a suit which had no exposed bits.
Some earlier models like YMS-03 and MS-04 had external pipes. According to the Master Archive Zaku databook, the MS-05 Zaku I was made with the intentional design decision to lower the overall weight and improve mobility as well as to internalize all of the power pipes. They succeeded at all of that but the internal design of the limbs ended up being tight and difficult to work with in terms of maintenance and modification for future expansion and variants, so the Zaku I never got many variant designs. They intentionally went back to external pipes for the Zaku II and modified the limb structure for the newer Zaku II to allow for greater future expansions and changes, making it easier to develop variant models.
>>
File: IMG_9817.jpg (2.56 MB, 1290x1834)
2.56 MB
2.56 MB JPG
>>22629670
I like the early type Zaku II
>the goal was to lower the overall weight the very next iteration was the chunky C type.
>>
>Actually destroyed a Gundam

bullshit
>>
File: IMG_9849.jpg (1.19 MB, 1290x1659)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB JPG
>>22634673
>Migaki, who was the head of the maintenance team, modified a Zaku I that had been deployed in Fenrir's unit for work purposes. An acoustic sensor was added for Schmitzer, who has a sequela on his optic nerve. Aboard this machine, he defeated the far superior RX-78-6 Mudrock Gundam of the Earth Federation Forces, becoming the first pilot in history to defeat a Gundam with a Zaku.
>>
>>22624078
Makes sense to me. You mostly see out of your dominant eye, not centered. It behooves a pilot to position the monoeye and align right along his dominant. Eye. Which is why pilots use those one eyed cameras when aiming instead of putting on some VR head set.
>>
I wish they made a perfect grade ms-05 zaku

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.