[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mlp/ - Pony

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1119860.png (592 KB, 1195x796)
592 KB
592 KB PNG
>nobody likes you and attributes your very existence to the death of FIM
>get less art than background ponies whos only characterization is through shallow fandom headcanon
>you aren't included in any real major moments in the show or iconic moments
>even after a long passage of time, people will hate you and continue to hate you

They suffer and even at their lowest point, they get scorned and continue to suffer.
>>
>equating poochie with shimmie, the universally loved and adored alpha unicorn green ranger
Bitch please. No one is talking about glimnigger when they say "Mane 7".
>>
>>41019885
I am. I love Glimmy.
>>
I think every anon who hates them should be forced to lick their pussy and ponut until they feel happy.
>>
>>41019898
Glimmy's the best, those people don't know shit about shit
>>
>>41019881
>>get less art than background ponies whos only characterization is through shallow fandom headcanon
>you aren't included in any real major moments in the show or iconic moments
This is why everyone hates you niggers. New tacked on characters steal the show and yet it's still not enough for you. Them being forced in isn't enough, other characters need to be put down. Fuck you. Kill yourself.
>>
>>41019881
They dont deserve and also somewhat deserve the hate.
>>
>>41019881
None of this is true about Sunset except the show part, but Rainbow Rocks is insanely beloved anyway.
>>
>>41019881
>get less art than background ponies
Unless you have some specific criteria for what you consider art or who is considered a background pony, both of those characters have more art than every background pony. Glim has around the CMC's level and Sunset somewhere between them and Spike.
>>
>>41019945
Can i just do that anyway?
>>
>>41019881
Glimmer is literally just a clone of Shimmer. Sunset is a spinoff character. Both are boring and have an annoying "socially awkward tee hee" personality. I will say that I like Sunset's pony design though.
>>
>>41019881
I hate both of these poochies but at least Glimmer is fuckable
>>
File: 1687142227886598.jpg (24 KB, 680x680)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>41019945
this is the fate i deserve
>>
>>41020577
>have an annoying "socially awkward tee hee" personality
No? Sunset is a total normalfag but has insecurities over how she basically fucked the whole world up
>>
File: 1712325576834206.png (69 KB, 195x264)
69 KB
69 KB PNG
>>41019881
I and plenty others love Glimmy and attribute her to the most fun half of FiM.
Naturally she has less art since she came late and the fad/social movement had already fizzled by then, but her numbers are still impressive despite that disadvantage.
Glimmy wasn't forced into the m6 or had the lore rewritten to make her an element, she has an important place alongside the m6.
She is a beloved character by many, loud haters can't take that away no matter how much they screech.
>>
>>41020643
>the most fun half of FiM
God Glimmertards are absolutely pathetic
>>
>>41020648
Shut up, Faust.
>>
trixie hard carries starlight. not even glimmerniggers will deny this.
>>
>>41020656
trixie is exactly one good episode in the entire show.
>>
>>41020695
Based magic duel bro
>>
File: 1683349928419988.png (240 KB, 1852x2262)
240 KB
240 KB PNG
What kind of a monster would hate a beautiful mare like this.
>>
>>41020709
Those with terminal brainrot look at this mare and see a human somehow
>>
File: 1682383087691538.jpg (190 KB, 724x1024)
190 KB
190 KB JPG
>>41020577
>Both are boring and have an annoying "socially awkward tee hee" personality
Maybe in RR, but after that she's the exact opposite of a socially awkward nerd
>>
>>41020713
Even then it was because everyone was glaring daggers at her for the whole movie waiting for her to do something evil. She wanted to show she changed and did at the end where she immediately went back to being extroverted with the whole guitar riff thing
>>
File: 1687196952710280.png (517 KB, 1023x665)
517 KB
517 KB PNG
>>41019881
>this dumb glim vs shim comparison again
Sunset feels like a beta test compared to Starlight, Glim fixes many of Shim's issues.

>Is a bad pony just because, no explanation why. Her villainy wasn't even interesting at all, just generic highschool bully turned into generic take over the world villain.
>Extremely lazy reformation on the level of Luna.
>Redemption in the next movie feels hollow without knowing her motivations and insecurities, not only that, she is a completely different character from the previous movie. You can replace her mind controlling students to be cannon fodder with her smearing her shit all over the bathrooms and nothing would change about her redemption.
>Butchers the lore of the elements and is forced to be part of the m7, becomes the face of her show.
>Is super talented at everything for no reason at all.
>No further character arcs after redemption, no proper ending either.

Glimmer is a major improvement in every way.
>Best villain in the series by utilizing one of the core themes of the show.
>Actually has a backstory that explains how her idea of friendship became corrupted through the blaming of cutie marks. Her motivations and insecurities are crucial contexts to her following reformation and redemption arcs.
>Isn't defeated by brute force. Twilight shows major growth by finally using the principles of friendship to make friends with her enemy.
>No instant reformation, actually has to work hard fighting against her instincts and learning about friendship to better herself. s6 explores several aspects of her anxieties and receives a ton of character development.
>No instant redemption the next episode either. Her redemption only comes after all her struggles throughout s6 at the finale. The best part is how she does it, not through brute force, but by relating to Chrysalis with her past misdeeds and showing what real leadership means. This thematic growth that ties in with her past is completely missing in Sunset's.
>Her reformation is finally completed when Twilight graduates her, after learning many lessons, improving herself, and as well as saving Equestria.
>Isn't blatantly forced into the m6, gets her own circle of friends to explore new friendship concepts that are inapplicable to the m6 dynamic.
>Has real character flaws like her impulsiveness and isn't super talented at everything.
>Is able to remind and support her teacher, Twilight, about everything she learned showing just how far Glim has come as a student of friendship. Guidance counselor is a fitting role with her ability to empathize with others.
>Becoming headmare of the school of friendship is the perfect ending as her entire character arc spanning five seasons comes full circle. She started as a leader of a cult to spread her misguided ideas on friendship, then ends as a leader of a school teaching students the true values of friendship.
The difference is pretty crazy. Starlight has so much love put into the development of her character.
>>
>>41019885
Shimmer = Poochie = Glimmer
>>
File: 1711177236384.jpg (234 KB, 1906x1080)
234 KB
234 KB JPG
>>41021075
tl;dr
Nobody likes sociopathic cunts
>>
>both are just perversions of the unicorn rival trope started by Trixie but not continued by her because everybody wanted to create their own donutsteel, Shadow the Hedgehog tier OC
>Sunset, Starlight, Tempest all only exist because of this and usually have some exaggerated trait or forced exposure

As others have said at least Sunsets design is nice. Thats about it.
>>
>>41019881
>nobody likes you
Wrong, tards LOVE Poochie like crazy,
>>
>>41019881
two sexy horses
>>
>>41021445
>Trixie isn't a donut rival steal twilight
>>
File: 1704031385896254.jpg (6 KB, 512x512)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>41020643
>and attribute her to the most fun half of FiM.
>>
>>41021445
Sunset's colors are way too flashy. It screams look at me I'm the main character pay attention to me. She looks like an OC in her own damn show.
Starlight is pleasant to look at and fits right in with the rest of the cast.
>>
>>41021820
Too bad that Starlight's role in the show is the same as Sunset's looks.
>>
>>41021828
Starlight is a side character, not a poochie like Sunset.
>>
>>41021820
>. It screams look at me I'm the main character pay attention to me. She looks like an OC in her own damn show.
That's exactly the intent, look at the marysue shitter abilities they give her, the muh special snowflake 7th element. it was mcarthy's oc and always been the lowest knuckledragging shlop from the beginning.
>>
File: 1705656056685145.jpg (821 KB, 1080x1331)
821 KB
821 KB JPG
>>41021075
>Glimmerchad
>makes a high quality post
As usual.
>>
Imagine the threesomes.
>>
>>41021075
Literally every point about Sunset is wrong.
She wanted to rule Equestria. High school was just a means to an end so that she'd have bodies and access to an alternate world to abuse the crown in. She was denied the position of princess so obsessed over it and took matters into her own hands just as Celestia said at the start of the movie.

Her reformation still had more effort put into it than Glimmer because she had to actually deal with the consequences of her actions instead of them being brushed aside for no reason and everyone accepting her as their new bff forever (no, the m6 didn't do this either; see Rarity saying saying she's going to demand an apology for what Sunset did to her last year)

>knowing her motivations and insecurities, not only that, she is a completely different character
You're a complete fucking idiot and it couldn't be anymore transparent. She put her stock in the idea she was literally the most deserving person ever, so she treated everyone like dogshit. When she was proven wrong she had to keep living among those same people she treated like dogshit. She changed because she had nothing else after and got a second chance, but still had to prove she DID change and not relapse unlike Glimmer who continued to act like an abusive psychopath to everyone and get away with it.

>Butchers the lore of the elements
This never happened

>is forced to be part of the m7
From the first movie. Only retards say it was forced, she's the only pony that lives there

>Is super talented at everything for no reason at all.
This isn't true and she fucks up constantly on her own, speedwatcher

>No further character arcs after redemption
Not even close to true; she continued grown and developing in every movie. Sunset in Friendship Games and Sunset in Legend of Everfree are blatantly different. The same is true about Forgotten Friendship and Backstage Pass
>>
>>41022369
Sedentary unicorns with big butts and plump tummies.
>>
File: downloadfile.jpg (244 KB, 706x931)
244 KB
244 KB JPG
>>41021075
Love me some glimglam
>>
Remember if you hate a mare, you aren’t going to Equestria. Thats a fact.
>>
>>41019953
Based. I'm all for glimmy
>>
File: 1688323434041133.png (1.9 MB, 1614x1153)
1.9 MB
1.9 MB PNG
>>41022462
>She wanted to rule Equestria.
That's a generic take over the world villain, buddy. Shimmer had no real motivations for why, for example wanting to change Celestia's policies because her hometown was effected negatively by them or toppling the monarchy in favor of a democracy. She had no grand plans for Equestria, she was just a plain boring power hungry cunt.

>she had to actually deal with the consequences of her actions
It's funny how this point always gets brought up as if it's unique to Shimmer. A lot of Starlight's suffering was psychological, she had to deal with the guilt as well as trying to change under her own willpower. Not only that but she was constantly reprimanded when she makes mistakes while also getting constantly reminded what she did to Our Town. In the end Starlight had to put up with way more shit than Shimmer.

>still had to prove she DID change
Shimmer actually falls flat here, since she was instantly changed by the laser the only thing left she can even do is try to convince others that she is a good girl now. Meanwhile Starlight backed down to Twilight's words and resolved to change under her own willpower. Everyday was a battle against her instincts, even against roadblocks or setbacks she never gave up, she had to put actual effort into becoming a better pony. And she really didn't need to convince others as much as she needed to convince herself that she got better because of her internal struggles. This is why Starlight's reformation is a million times more compelling.
>>
>>41022765
Sunset has anger problems just in general. We can't say if they were worse when she was with celestia, but they would have existed.

Sunset does not have a real plan for equestria. When she comes to regret her deeds she says "I didn't know there was another way." It's a cryptic statement, but means that there is something in what twilight stood for or in twilight's actions that she never conceived of at all. She thought there was only one way to be and acted accordingly.

This means that she had this same philosophy while she was under celestia, whatever the philosophy is. It also means she thinks of celestia as operating the same way, since that is the only way she thinks exists.

This means that she did not see a difference between what she was doing and what celestia was doing. This means she, as far as she knew, simply did what she was taught. Specifically, she gave a bunch of highschooler's magic power, which is quite similar to the school for gifted unicorns. "Have underlings at the prime of thier physical fitness, then rule equestria." That's what her teacher taught her, so that's what she was doing.

If we tie this to her anger issues, she always had a tendancy to think that the proper response to opposition is violence.

Probably, she thought of herself as a cog in celestia's machine, designed to attain power and complete her purpose. Being denied power would mean she was being rejeected by that machine, which would mean the machine was going to turn on her, that she was in danger. This would explain why she immediatly threw herself into a portal to another dimension when celestia refused to teach her more dangerous magic.

No matter how much of that you want to argue down, her motivation was exactly that she was a teen who didn't think her choices through very well and got blindsided with the very idea that "another way" existed.
>>
>>41022765
>Shimmer had no real motivations for why
Because she believes she was the one who deserved it. Characters don't need overly complicated and embarassing motivations like Glimmer who got her start over sonething as ridiculous as her friend going to school.

>A lot of Starlight's suffering was psychological
So completely fucking worthless when everything external is ignored and swept under the rug. Everyone forgave her instantly. Multiple times. People only had to forgive Sunset once because she took her history as a villain seriously and never undermined it with evil actions after she was supposed to be a good person. This is unrealistic as fuck, you CANNOT take Glimmer seriously when she abuses ponies in one scene and talks about how far she's come not long after. Nobody had to look the other way for Sunset because even in Spring Breakdown she was taking responsibility for her actions in EQG1, which is what makes her more compelling than a character who feels vaguely bad while being showered with new friends and the exclusive position as a princess's student

>since she was instantly changed by the laser the only thing left she can even do is try to convince others that she is a good girl
The laser didn't change her. She changed when confronted with reality. Glimmer didn't change enough to sell that she's "good" even after 4 seasons of development.
>>
>>41022787
>all that conjecture from "I didn't know there was another way."
That's nice and all, but its all headcanon.
>>
>>41022812
>isn't willing to engage with what's posted
Thank you for demonstrating why discussion with Glimmerniggers is pointless
>>
>>41022813
>discussion with Shimmerniggers is pointless
FTFY see what >>41022806 just posted lmao
>>
>>41022818
Yeah my post is pretty badass huh
You can't even properly respond to because of how correct I am
>>
File: 1711768001063924.png (2.8 MB, 3134x1996)
2.8 MB
2.8 MB PNG
>Wall of text from shimmerchuds and glimmerniggers to justify their ETERNAL SHIT TASTE
For me, it's Trixie. She's neat.
>>
>>41022824
>my randomly made up headcanon means I'm correct
The delusion on this guy.
>>
>>41022829
>literally just what's in the show and eqg
>"""headcanon"""
>>
>>41020713
>this is what a 30 year old in barbieland looks like
holy...
>>
>>41022818

>Those other people are worthless
>So I will be worthless
>nevermind the guy over there who ISN'T being worthless he's not important and I don't want to talk to him

>look at the shimmernigger
ok
... is there some reason you don't want to respond to his post?
The top and bottom portions seem correct. The laser just took away her magic. It really doesn't gotta be deep.

If you think something in the middle bit is wrong why not just post the information supporting that? What good does being a bitch about it do?

Is it "headcannon" to say that "psychological suffering is worthless"? I thought something else was the problem with that statement.
>>
>>41022827
for me, its her penis
>>
File: 1711765913796492.gif (1.11 MB, 786x600)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB GIF
>>41022842
True
>>
>>41022852
oh how i would greedily lap up her precum while she teases me about sucking her cock even when she hasn't washed it
>>
>>41019881
>through shallow fandom headcanon
Look who's talking.
>>
File: 1704424078903766.png (2.42 MB, 2614x1333)
2.42 MB
2.42 MB PNG
>>41022806
>Because she believes she was the one who deserved it.
As if generic take over the world villains don't think this. Sugar coat it all you want, she is a generic villain.
Starlight has real motivations like wanting to make the world a better place with her ideology which was developed from experiences throughout her life. Starlight has actual depth to her villainy that also relates to themes of friendship at the same time making her a far superior villain.

>So completely fucking worthless when everything external is ignored and swept under the rug.
Not worthless at all just because you have no argument against it, pal. A person's mental state is a huge factor when it comes to changing something about themselves. What is actually unrealistic is Shimmer changing into a good girl in an instant with zero effort, that is why her reformation has no depth compared to Starlight who needed to change under her own willpower. Nothing "external" is ignored either, Starlight is forgiven just like Twilight and her friends are forgiven whenever they make mistakes, but Starlight actually gets reprimanded too while everyone else gets a free pass most of the time. So no, she doesn't get "instantly" forgiven. What Twilight did in LZ is even far worse than Starlight did in ELTSD as well yet that got "swept under the rug" as you put it. Forgiveness is a part of friendship if you didn't know. And Starlight actually does take responsibility for all of her mistakes, she makes things right and apologizes when necessary in all her episodes. Again, Starlight had to put up with so much more shit than Shimmer. All Shimmer had to do was try convincing others she turned good and the most she had to suffer was students being mean to her for a short while.

>She changed when confronted with reality.
That "reality" was simply Twilight overpowering her with brute force. Losing a fight doesn't change your personality into the opposite. That is not enough justification for Shimmer to go from an arrogant, self-centered, cunt into a good girl in an instant.
Starlight graduated from being Twilight's student, kept her mentor on the straight and narrow, became guidance counselor and later headmare of the School of Friendship. She successfully became a better pony through hard work and friendship. You are a disingenuous troll who doesn't even watch the show.
>>
Now real growth would be facing the fact that engaging should be done for it's own sake and doesn't always get you so much as a (you).

>>41022926
But life will do that on it's own time and I'm not your mom.

>a generic villain would have that modivation
See that wasn't an argument against her being generic. Her motivation is generic. It is THE generic motive. Every single bad guy who ever thought they could do a good thing with bad methods and every bad guy who thought the methods couldn't be bad if they won all thought they "deserved" it.

It's an argument against her not having real motivations, or at least that's how it looks to me On this point you're arguing, I don't think you two even disagree in the first place on this.

>Depth in her villanry makes her the better villain
Tirek is shallower and also a better villain than either of them.

See that's not an argument about who the better villain is. It's an argument against the logic used to say starlight is better.
That'll do for now.
>>
Every time one of these threads crop up, I'm reassured that Starlight is the Thinking Man's waifu.
>>
>>41019988
Eat shit and die fuckwit.
>>
>>41022926
>That is not enough justification for Shimmer to go from an arrogant, self-centered, cunt into a good girl in an instant.
Blame Faust. See Luna
>>
>>41020613
Yeah, Sunset wouldn’t touch your pathetic ass.
>>
>>41022926
>wanting to make the world a better place
She never actually believed this, it was all just a power trip because she got her highs from people drinking her kool aid and locking dissidents in a shed. Went exposed she went mask off and it was all about revenge, not making another attempt at building something for the greater good.

>Not worthless at all just because you have no argument against it, pal.
You ignored it. A character's internal conflict is lessened to meaninglessness when the universe bends around them to ensure that they can do whatever they want. Sunset lost and had nothing; there was nothing else she could do beyond adapt to the truth and reap what she'd sewn. We don't need to witness a psychopathic cunt go from repeatedly abusing other characters to doing it slightly less to show some kind of progression because what matters is that soneone who did horrible things STOPPED and recognized that what they did shouldn't be repeated. EVER. Being scolded for a second after the fifth relapse of the week doesn't make a compelling redemption arc, it makes everyone around Starlight look like a gulible retard fir letting themselves be treated like shit and let her off with a "sorry". Saying sorry didn't cut it for Sunset. She stopped acting like a maniac and learned the obvious lesson from day one.

>That "reality" was simply Twilight overpowering her with brute force
You ignored what I said again. Sunset thought Twilight was utterly beneath her and only she deserved to rule; she was huffing copium and running from the truth for the whole movie when Teilight was turning things against her at the school little by little. She gave up everything she had and dedicated years of her life to all that for nothing. Her worldview was broken and she was offered an alternative.
>>
>>41021844
Let's assume your nitwit read of her character is true and Su set is a flawless mary sue for the sake of a thought experiment: How far could we make it into EQG before things veer wildly off course?
>Sunset enters the castle
>Swaps Twilight's crown with the fake
>Gets out because she's clearly that super cool and stealthy
>Uses the crown in EQGland immediately
>Turns into a demon and gathers her zombie army
>Sends them all intk Equestria to become an army of duplicate ponies including Celestia and Luna
>Surprise attacks the princesses and M6 in the middle of the night, resulting in her victory by 2016 movie standards
So I have to ask: where the fuck is my demonic princess wife???
>>
>>41022839
I'm not going to waste my time on someone that clearly irrationally hates Glimmer.
>>
>>41023435
Maybe you shouldn't have started out with blatant reductive shitflinging aimed at Shimmer then Glimtard
>>
>>41023563
>calling out your elaborate headcanon is shitflinging
What a snowflake
>>
>>41023587
Mist glimmerhaters are legit insane.
>>
I love glim
>>
>>41023587
>refuses to elaborate and instead acts like a passive aggressive asshole
Yes. You're not contributing anything worthwhile.
>>
File: 1712230792899953.png (215 KB, 4298x2704)
215 KB
215 KB PNG
>>41022952
>She never actually believed this
Completely wrong. Her ideology is a major part of her villain character. It is the entire point of creating a cult, to spread an ideology. She wanted to make friends and help others make friends in her own misguided way. This is all basic information presented plain as day in her episodes, you pretending that you don't know this just shows you're not acting in good faith.

>when the universe bends around them to ensure that they can do whatever they want.
Except this doesn't happen at all. Again you're making up bullshit because you have no arguments against her internal struggles. "Fifth relapse", you really are insane. ELTSD is the only instance that could even be considered a "relapse" and it's not even as egregious as Twilight in LZ because Starlight actually makes amends for her mistake while Twilight got bailed out for free. The "abuse" you are imagining are shenanigans ponies do in many episodes. Friends forgive their friends because that is an essential part of friendship, it is literally one of the core themes of the show Friendship is Magic, it is appalling how you are unable to understand this simple concept.

>Sunset thought Twilight was utterly beneath her and only she deserved to rule
All you're doing is rewording "wants to take over Equestria" over and over. Unfortunately there is not much else you can do since her motivations are so shallow. Shimmer still did a 180 on a dime with zero effort which in turn makes her reformation And redemption feel unearned because she didn't work for it, there is simply no way around it.
>>
>>41022926
>Losing a fight doesn't change your personality into the opposite.
It does when Sunset's entire personality was, as you yourself put it, self-centered and arrogant. When your entire philosophy is based around being so sure of yourself and your abilities, and then despite your best efforts you find out you couldn't control the power you were seeking and even worse you still lose with it, why wouldn't that turn your world view upside down?

Sunset found herself at rock bottom and there was no where to go but up.
>>
File: 1639210765686.jpg (1.3 MB, 4096x2247)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB JPG
>>41024043
>Completely wrong
No, I'm actually right on the money because she refused to rid herself of her own cutie mark as everyone discovered and rejected her for doing. She was a hypocrite using them for her ego, not someone truly interested in performing good. It just who she is; it doesn't matter what she says if she doesn't live by what she preaches.

>ELTSD is the only instance that could even be considered a "relapse"
You didn't watch the show. Do I have to get the pic out? She's an abusive twat and does it repeatedly because she doesn't suffer the consequences as the show is more interested as playing her horrible actions off as funny jokes or wacky overreactions. Note on top of everything else there was the time she nearly fed the changelings to a mole which was so fucking retarded that Thorax had to deadpan call out how much of a cunt she is. Starlight learned nothing from any of this other than you can just keep getting away with being a dick if you say sorry or things spontaneously manage to work out. She's the same as Discord.

>All you're doing is rewording "wants to take over Equestria" over and over.
No, I'm explaining her mindset and the nuances justifying how she geys from pont A to point B which you keep saying don't exist. It's not even that complicated.

>And redemption feel unearned because she didn't work for it
Of course she worked for it, she contributed as much as the M6 in Rainbow Rocks to save everyone while not breaking under the pressure put on her for the whole thing.
>>
>>41022765
>This is why Starlight's reformation is a million times more compelling.
Starlight's reformation presents a far better message too. Whatever part of yourself you want to change, whether its your attitude, weight, or strength, it will be a long journey with ups and downs, and friends can help keep you honest towards your goal. And your motivation to improve yourself shouldn't be solely for the sake of others, but for your own benefit too. What message does Shimmer have, we don't have rainbow lasers so I guess take happy pills or steroids for easy results.
>>
>>41024102
>Starlight's reformation presents a far better message too
>"dude just get completely forgiven after you commit war crimes and keep undermining the second chance you were given lmaooo"
The real world doesn't work like this either.
>>
>>41024113
>war crimes
You're a dumbass.
>>
>>41024118
She killed millions
>>
>>41024119
She unironically started wars and killed billions
>inb4 it was reverted so it doesn't count
>>
File: 1697250128871596.jpg (44 KB, 902x895)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>41024119
>>41024123
>She [HEADCANON]
>>
File: 1448736323359.png (1.42 MB, 1920x1080)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB PNG
>>41024124
She did this to Dash.
>>
File: 1688637596530462.png (164 KB, 453x566)
164 KB
164 KB PNG
Glimmer and Shimmer are both shit. They're honestly worse than apples.
>>
File: 1686099673483381.jpg (35 KB, 720x515)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>41024093
>rid herself of her own cutie mark
She can't do that because her cutie mark powers is what allows her to remove cutie marks in the first place. She still lived among her followers eating the same food they are so she was committed to her ideology as far as she possibly could. One white lie doesn't take that all away especially because she wasn't even using her cutie mark powers for anything other than to remove cutie marks. She had good intentions unlike any other villain.

>Do I have to get the pic out?
Once again you reveal how ignorant you are. ELTSD is the ONLY instance that could be considered "abuse" and it is not even as bad as LZ. The rest are silly shenanigans all ponies do to each other on the regular. None of those examples come anywhere close to "horrible", some are even accidental or justified. You are being entirely disingenuous in your false depictions.

>Starlight learned nothing from any of this
Yep, you don't watch the show. Every episode has her learning a different friendship lesson.
>>
>>41024186
>She can't do that because her cutie mark powers is what allows her to remove cutie marks in the first place
Let's not pretend this show has a clearly defined set of rules for magic. She could turn her fake staff into a real one. Or anything that doesn't involve manipulating and lying to those loyal to her. She kept everyone from getting their marks back and anyone who spoke out against had to deal with her thugs who'd lock you in a shed and blast brainwashing propaganda at you.

>ELTSD is the ONLY instance that could be considered "abuse"
There is absolutely no way you can defend her raping Big Mac in the mouth. The others all certainly fall under some degree of abuse whether it's misusing her magic on others or abusing the trust she was given. The only thing on there that isn't is the hypnosis on Twilight because she asked for it.

>Every episode has her learning a different friendship lesson.
Which never amounted to anything because she'd go right back to being a psycho time and time again. If she turned out to be Grogar instead of Discord and took his role in the s9 finale 1:1 I wouldn't have even been surprised by that.
>>
I love how glimmerhaters are suddenly muh boldily autonomy, yet have collective amnesia to the rest of the cast's antics.
>>
I like how glimmerniggers are always so pathetic.
>>
>>41024220
Nobody has ever been convinced that making a charmed doll is as bad as taking direct control over your sort-of parole officers' minds or turning teens into mindless demon slaves.
>>
File: 1602062.png (1.08 MB, 1024x788)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB PNG
Damn, is this really it? Are Shimmerbros and Glimmerbros really fated to argue and bicker for the rest of their lives? Can't both sides just come together under the fact that we have been the underdogs for years, and most of the board hates our guts? Are we really doomed to be at each other's throats while the rest of the board just sits and laughs at us? It doesn't have to be like this. No more brother wars.
>>
File: 1706047682856206.jpg (1.64 MB, 2550x3600)
1.64 MB
1.64 MB JPG
>>41024216
>Let's not pretend this show has a clearly defined set of rules for magic.
She literally explains why she can't give up her cutie mark. And having loose rules doesn't mean you can just make up shit willy-nilly. If there existed a way to remove cutie marks without her magic then she would have done it. She didn't keep anyone from their cutie marks otherwise the vault would have been sealed. Everyone agreed to the rules they have, and it's the people themselves that enforce it.

>There is absolutely no way you can defend her raping Big Mac in the mouth.
30 second gag making Big Mac say silly things, wow. That's magnitudes less worse than the CMC date-rape drugging Big Mac and Cheerilee and causing damage to the town. Everything Starlight did are silly things already seen elsewhere, you're really just calling everypony in the show abusive.

>Which never amounted to anything
By that logic everypony in the show never amounts to anything because they all get right into another conflict in the next episode. You're trying a little too hard calling everypony in the show psychos, you're sounding like a psycho yourself.
>>
File: 1698796848129.jpg (47 KB, 474x390)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>41024696
These are two fundamentally different yet vaguely similar characters representing different takes on both redemption arcs and additions to the main cast and how it should be handled. Both have unironically been at each others throats from the very second Season 5 was teased and that won't change.
>>41021422 is a fitting image for this thread because it's the /mlp/ equivalent of the eternal Asuka vs Rei shitflinging war that nothing will stop.
>>
File: 1703123029583552.webm (2.82 MB, 1067x600)
2.82 MB
2.82 MB WEBM
>>
>>41024718
Unicorns are evil, no regard for personal space.
>>
>>41024718
Neat?
I do like that one.
>>
File: 1521848266761.gif (1.04 MB, 500x375)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB GIF
>>
File: 1702987847397160.png (1.44 MB, 1920x1080)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB PNG
>>41024259
Twilight
>mind controlled three MINORS and half the town
>forced everyone to do something they didn't want to do
>forced everyone to literally physically attack each other
Starlight
>mind controlled five adult ponies
>forced everyone to do things they would have already liked to do anyway
>did not cause bodily harm to anyone aside from a hangover
Starlight's incident is the most tame followed by Twilight then Sunset.
>>
>>41024733
I remember being in the hospital when LZ aired, finding it somewhat amusing and then finding out people hated the characterization issues it introduced. It doesn't help Twilight gets patted on the back at the end.
>>
>>41024733
Starlight's incident is far, far worse by virtue of her doing nothing to stop it once it got out of hand. Twilight's spell got out of her control and was beyond her ability to fix. She realized what she did was getting far worse than she'd intended but was powerless to stop it.

Starlight can be offered the benefit of the doubt that her complacency spell was not intended to go this far, but she noticed right away that all of the Mane 5 had been turned into totally obedient, autonomous zombies with no free will of their own... and just kept on with it. She didn't even think the thought of mind-control to the point where the five were literally waiting on her every literal word was wrong, she didn't do anything to reverse it, she abused her power and kept the five as zombies until Twilight came home and had to fix HER mess for HER, and then spell out what the fuck was wrong with her.

Twilight fucked up and wasn't given the opportunity to fix it. Starlight fucked up and had countless opportunities to correct herself, or at least recognize what she did was morally wrong, and didn't.
>>
>>41024699
Kids, with lack of understanding afforded to them by their status as children, created a potion which they gave to adults and were surprised at the results. The kids intended to fix the adult's love life for the adult's sake.

Glimmer, with the lack of understanding typical of an autistic psychopath, says "that's too bad, I love a good conversation" and then both thinks of and executes on the idea of forcing him to speak within 2 seconds. She had only been told 1 thing about big mac, which is that he "isn't much of a talker." That is his whole personality as far as she knows and she changes it to suit her own selfish needs.

While both the CMC and Glimmer have shown themselves capable of being very dangerous and exercising bad judgment, this can be solved. In the case of the cmc, they can simply be kept away from powerful objects like potion--kits and shotguns. Glimmer can not be made less dangerous by force without including physical restraining devices, or surgery. These actions were not taken.

So, finally, we get to the only part of this that should be responded to:

Given that we will not take action to stop them, the chances of a similarly awful event occurring in the future is based on the mind of the creature responsible for the awful event.

Specifically, if the characters never intended to do what they did in the first place and it was a literal accident, that greatly decreases the chances that it will happen again. Glimmer did exactly what she intended and it just didn't give her what she wanted. The kids did something other than what they intended to do.

If a character regretted their action, that indicates they are less likely to do it again. The cmc regreted the results of their actions and worked to fix it. Glimmer defended her action, argued to AJ's face that it was the right thing to do. Glimmer did nothing to fix what she did to big mac.

Big mac experienced far greater pain from what starlight did than he did from what the cmc did, but that's actually the least relevant part.

An inability to understand why what glimmer did was worse than what the cmc did explains exactly why you like glimmer. I like glimmer because I understand her. You like her because you agree with her. We are not the same.
>>
>>41024821
Based and Guspilled
>>
>>41024760
Sure, in terms of trying to stop it Twilight did better. However, that doesn't negate all the things Twilight did far, far worse so overall Twilight is still worse.

Since we're down this road, what Twilight also did far worse is she deliberately wanted to mind control the three FILLIES while knowing that's bad. Twilight as an element of friendship knows full well that this is wrong yet she still chose to do it anyway. That is psychotic, that is evil. Starlight is a socially stunted pony, she doesn't know what is right and wrong on the same level that Twilight does, so it makes sense that Twilight needed to teach her the right way.

>>41024821
Starlight is a socially stunted pony so the difference between her and the CMCs isn't as great as between Twilight for example. Both parties were selfish for their victim's sake. You speak of the both of them as if they are weapons instead of people, but that is not how things work in a show about friendship.

In terms of continuity it makes sense that NSP occurs before ELTSD since that is when she learns to stop using mind spells. However, your argument only makes sense if both parties did the same exact thing. Starlight did the equivalent of a harmless prank on Big Mac while CMC wanted to permanently change the lives of two ponies. Forget the CMCs, what Starlight did was less worse than some of Dash's pranks. Your failure to distinguish the two actions undercuts your point.
>>
>>41025139
Intentionally subverting a person's entire self image is not harmless and it was not a prank. From big mac's perspective, what glimmer did caused far greater suffering. You are actually litterally deaf to the screams of her victims.

>What twilight did was worse

Twilight: People will now want this doll.
Starlight: You specifically will now do exactly what you cannot stand doing.
>yeah twilight's worse

I'll say this one more time. Nobody has ever been convinced by this. Nobody.
>>
>>41025160
You're being silly, the scene is clearly meant to be a joke for laughs. He is not against talking he simply chooses not to most of the time, he has talked before like in Brotherhooves Social and has talked a lot in his past.

Twilight did far worse. See >>41024733 Twilight made them physically attack each other over the doll, I'm pretty sure that is something they cannot stand doing. Starlight on the other hand didn't make them do anything they cannot stand doing.
>>
>>41025188
1. Do you remember the moment he stopped talking so often?
2 His accent during the force-talk was kind of like his accent he uses while pretending to be a mare. Ain't that somethin.
>>
File: IMG_5947.png (50 KB, 659x338)
50 KB
50 KB PNG
>>41019881
i'd say trixie has a spot in the trio of hated unicorns, both in universe and out of universe. she's the og punching bag.
>>
bumping
>>
Why is it that any time someone defends Glimmer's character it inevitably ends up with them eventually defending cults?
>>
>>41024186
>>41024699
>no guys, she was definitely sincere in her beliefs
>that's why she had her own special house, why she hid the fact that she kept her cutie mark, why ponies in her village were always nervous, why ponies were scared of her finding out that one of them told someone about the vault, why they already had a dedicated brainwashing room, why they kidnapped the mane six and held them against their will, and why she decided to become the leader of a tiny village in the middle of nowhere instead of publicly speaking across Equestria to spread her ideas
>it was all because she's just that dedicated to her cause
You're either extraordinarily dumb or extraordinarily disingenuous.
>>
>>41026470
>brainlet that only sees the world in black and white unable to understand nuance
many such cases.
>>
>>41026496
Yeah, it's sad how some people will just take anything they're told at face value. They're really vulnerable to being taken advantage of. I hope they never encounter anyone so manipulative like that.
>>
>>41025202
>he uses his funny accent when being funny
Precisely.
>>
>>41026470
>and why she decided to become the leader of a tiny village in the middle of nowhere instead of publicly speaking across Equestria to spread her ideas
You're extraordinarily retarded. The whole point of her ideology is to be EQUAL so that no one would feel bad about their differences. There can be no equality living among cutie mark havers and their special talents so they Have to isolate themselves from them.
>>
>>41026697
What prevents her from going out to spread the word of equality to the ponies that haven't been enlightened yet? Leaving them in the dark doesn't seem very equal to me.
>>
>>41026505
too late
>>
>>41026750
It's not really like religions where more followers means more profit in offerings/tithes. Plus they say you're going to hell if you don't join, so it is kind of their duty to spread it far and wide.
>>
>>41026939
And? If she believes that it's good and that the way ponies are living normally is bad then she should be seeking to change that and convince more ponies. What reason could she have for not doing that (if her motives are due to some ideological belief)?
>>
>>41026951
She did change things by taking action, starting a cult and accepting those that wish to join. Missionary work isn't a requirement to believing in an ideology, not even is taking action, yet she still had the conviction.
>>
>>41027203
>She did change things by taking action, starting a cult and accepting those that wish to join.
But again, what about all of everyone else who don't even know she exists? Why would her ideology of equality say "everyone should be equal (and by everyone I mean only those select few in the village)"?
>Missionary work isn't a requirement to believing in an ideology
No, but if you're the founder of that ideology you can't exactly claim to be a driven ideologue if you don't care about spreading it.
Also, how exactly did she acquire her cult members to begin with?
>>
>>41019881
>trolling with stupidity and blatant lies
Retarded and also rule breaking.
>>
>>41019881
>""people""
No actual sapient human person hate one of the best characters in FiM.
Only some jealous NPCs with no taste (like you) do.
>>
>>41027224
>Why would her ideology of equality say "everyone should be equal (and by everyone I mean only those select few in the village)"?
Keyword: should. She's just one pony, she can't be everywhere at once.
>if you don't care about spreading it.
She does care. Her village has approximately 100 residents. That's nothing to scoff at and she saw Twilight as an opportunity to legitimize her cult in the eyes of the public which would draw in more followers.
>Also, how exactly did she acquire her cult members to begin with?
A lot of convincing among those downtrodden by their cutie marks, they would be the most vulnerable to her ideals.
>>
>>41019885
I agree. Equating Starlight, an interesting character, beloved by all real intellectuals, with that boring nonpony mary sue, liked only by some coomers and underages, is kinda dumb.
>>
File: 1691423160051837.jpg (42 KB, 357x467)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
When did a character merely having a backstory become something that automatically made them sophisticated, deep, and thought-provoking? It's like people just see that there's a backstory and go "look, a well-written character!" rather than bothering to think for even a single second as to whether or not any of it made sense.
Actually, now that I think about it, that seems to apply to a lot of stuff. Like if a character just says that they masterfully planned stuff then it makes them a supergenius no matter how stupid it would be if that stuff was really their plan. Or a character saying they have motives that are greater than themselves no matter how much their actions speak to the contrary. Hell, even with romance, as long a character says "I love you" dramatically enough then it suddenly makes their relationship strong and interesting.
What causes this? What makes people accept effectively just being told what to think, accepting anything so long as it has even the thinnest veneer of pretending to make sense?
>>
>>41027643
Holy projection, Glimmerniggers have the mother of all chips on their shoulders
>>
>>41027659
Not a projection. Just an objective truth.
>>
Whos farts smell worse?
>>
>>41028163
The second you can smell a pony's fart is the moment you need to call the ambulance.
>>
>>41019881
I genuinely think glimmer and other nu-characters are boring as shit and can't force myself into liking them, too bad for shimmer though.
>>
bumps
>>
>>41021844
>>41027643
When the writers try so desperately to make you like Sunset by giving her everything it backfires hard.
>>
>>41030032
Sunset has exactly as much as anyone else in the cast.
>B-but she plays an instrument
Like the rest of their BAND
>B-but she has a not-element geode with powers
Like the rest of their superpowered squad
>B-but she uh...has a job?
Like the rest of them
>She's good at art
Wow one whole thing of her own.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.