[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_0261.jpg (362 KB, 1911x2560)
362 KB
362 KB JPG
Is it me or does he make a lot of mistakes in the Heartbreaker solo?
>>
How are they "mistakes", its HIS fucking solo
>>
He makes "mistakes" in literally every solo.
>>
>>121540670
>>121540685
Heartbreaker is a cover song, like all Led Zeppelin "songs."
>>
his worst studio solo, specially when he goes up the scale
and I cringe everytime another guitarist does a solo clearly imitating it
>>
>>121540771
who's it a cover of?
>>
>>121542019
Pick any classic blues song
>>
>>121540652
you can put any note wherever you want pal!
>>
>>121542076
ignorant cunt
>>
>>121542131
you've been troll'd, pal
>>
>>121540652
It's fucking rock and roll, before nerds ruined it
>>
>>121542231
>hobbit song
>before nerds ruined it
>>
>>121542231
He's talking bout Jack White
>>
Are the replies trolling?
It's literally WRITTEN to sound sloppy ffs
>>
Both Page and Plant did the "try to play 10% beyond what you can actually do" and made it work.
do you cats have other examples of it working?
>>
>>121545713
Too bad 10% beyond mediocre doesn't amount to much. Page is one of the lousiest soloists of all time though he did come up with many a cool riffs. He's definitely embarrassingly bad when he tries to improvise.
My answer to your question is, that there are so many musicians who don't need to deliver beyond their skill level, because their talent match their output.
>>
Founs this live rendition of the solo. I thought i was watching one of those "shreds" video. Also what the fuck is that tone lmao.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=kXNqJx9H75s
>>
>>121540652
Jimmy didn't care about "mistakes" or "the right notes". He cared about the feeling, the groove and the song. He wasn't some nerd with his guitar up to his neck meticulously picking every note he practiced for 8 hours a day in his bedroom. He just played.
His solos are more like spontaneous bursts of energy than technical nerd shit

Also
>>121540670
This. It's his song, his solo. Every note is correct because he says so
>>
>>121540652
Lol imagine giving a fucka bout guitar music. It's over.
>>
>Wtf is that a mistake in a blues song???
Man this board is retarded
>>
File: dragonsuit2.jpg (58 KB, 500x723)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>121545841
>embarrassingly bad when he tries to improvise
shut the fuck you you fucking pleb.
https://youtu.be/c7R9KQF6GCU?si=hk_aqKB4tUXKMSWK&t=120
>>
>>121545841
>>121548113
you need to keep in mind WHEN a performance was from
1973 and earlier? Probably amazing, LZ at the top of their form
1975? Jimmy broke is finger and couldn't take time off to let it heal so he changed his playing technique, got really drunk before shows to dull the pain and got into harder stuff
1977? He was deep into drugs by this point and the band was rusty from the hiatus they took after Plant's child died and Plant got in the car accident
1979? Jimmy was barely hanging in there due to drug use and probably should have died. Couldn't play for shit
>>
>>121548113
this is so fucking good. my god
>>
>>121540652
Still the GOAT rocknroll band. Fuck what you heard niggah
>>
>>121540652
Page is a notoriously sloppy live player
>>
Page may not be the best soloist but as far as meaty riffs go he's the best
>>
I like some sloppy sloppa but Page just goes into trainwreck territory sometimes
>>
>>121540652
Will girls like me and want to kiss me if I play Heartbreaker loud from my car?
>>
nooooooooooo! ALERT
STOP
nnnnnnnnnNO BREAK HEARTS

that is NOT NICE NO
>>
>>121545980
false dichotomy
>>
>>121550227
no
>>
>>121540652
>>121541231
>when he goes up the scale
Page acknowledged it himself in of the interviews. Cant find it tho. I will be looking and hopefully the thread is still up
>>
>>121540670
>>121545980
if he meant to play one thing and did not then, yes, he made a mistake. if he tried to play a note and accidentally didn't fret it properly, or missed the string with his pick, etc then that was a mistake.
>>
>>121550450
Found it

>
Tolinski, Guitar World’s editor-in-chief, asked Page about something that had baffled listeners for years: the higher pitch of his “Heartbreaker” solo, relative to the rest of the track. “The pitch was off as well?” Page replied with a laugh. “I did not know that!”

Considering the band recorded Led Zeppelin II in between tour stops, you had to expect the occasional mistakes. But Page was never one to remove them from recordings. Others have pointed to flubbed notes and other issues on “I Can’t Quit You Baby.” Page left them all on the recording.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/why-jimmy-page-recorded-the-heartbreaker-solo-without-his-led-zeppelin-bandmates.html/

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.