[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: landfill indie.jpg (372 KB, 1200x675)
372 KB
372 KB JPG
What went wrong?
>>
Rap took over
>>
File: numetal.jpg (231 KB, 960x540)
231 KB
231 KB JPG
>>121542817
Nu metal killed it
>>
It was where the current state of rap is
>>
>>121542931
landfill indie killed nu metal then nu metal killed it
>>
It died along with the rest of indie since even if you are a trust fund babby you can't go on tour without going 5 figures into debt to Livenation. you can see this reflected in the 30 threads at any given time on here about the most famous pop stars in the world
>>
Psyop genre designed to craft a new "man": the feminist sensitive immigration friendly non racist bugman.
>>
>>121545967
You can also chart indie music's death by the way glowies show up en masse to racebait on a board no one cares about anymore
>>
>>121542817
who the hell are these guys in the pic, i don't recognized any of them, they all look the same
>>
Too many white people.
>>
>>121546012
i think bottom right is the fratellis guy but that's all i know
>>
>>121542817
The media that propped it decided it isn't cool to be white
>>
>>121546012
>>121546034
Alex Turner with the red shirt, Pete Doherty with the black cap. Don't recognize anyone else
>>
>Both beloved and despised, Landfill Indie is basically “indie rock revival” afterbirth. The music industry, upon seeing the meteoric rise of The Strokes, Bloc Party and The Libertines, fanned out across these United Kingdoms in search of white boys with weak jawlines, playing in bands with names like a problematic flavour of Walkers Sensations (hello to Bombay Bicycle Club and Cajun Dance Party).
In the opening second of "Top 50 Greatest Landfill Indie Songs", which uses the same image as the OP. Holy Jesus am I glad smug music """journalism""" like this isn't taken seriously anyone
>>
>>121546871
>problematic flavour
>>
>>121546015
/thread
>>
>>121546012
>>121546034
>>121546129
Libertines and Cribs on the left
kings of leon singer, Streets, Alex Turner, Razorlight singer in the middle
dont know guy in hat, fratellis singer?, The View singer, Jack Penate (forgot all about him lol, he was like a speeded up mac demarco) on the right
dont know the guys bottom right
>>
>>121546034
>>121547260
actually wait the fratellis guy could be The Kooks singer
>>
all those pitchfork landfill buzz acts
groups hyped by p4k like haim, lcd soundsystem, the national, anco, hold steady, real estate, titus andronicus, the xx, pains of being pure at heart, japandroids, hold steady, fucked up, no age, abe vigoda, cults, fleet foxes, haim, kurt vile, vampire weekend
Tune-Yards
Dirty Projectors
Animal Collective
Black Dice
Tame Impala
Courtney Barnett
DIIV
Sky Ferreira
St. Vincent
Andrew Bird
Parquet Courts
BODEGA
Black Country, New Road
Arca
Black Midi
Vampire Weekend
Destroyer
>>
>>121546034
>>121546793
>>121547260
who are these people, never heard of them in my life
>>
>>121548742
While a few of those are now literal whos, many of those bands have forged legitimate decade-spanning careers in music...

How can a "buzz" last that long, fuckwit
>>
>>121548799
has beens watered down names at the end of the day.
>>
>>121548742
I lived in East Vancouver for a few years, and used to see Dan Bajar (Destroyer) like 3 times a week walking around the neighbourhood. Just the coolest fucking guy.
>>
>>121546909
Kek, political correctness is what killed indie. Solidly middle class, Home Counties mediocrities becoming music journalists and part of an industrial complex hacking away at lower middle class/upper working class blokes until the list of things they could write songs about was narrowed down to cheeky lyrics about love, sex and drinking... just like every other genre.
>>
>>121548900
Better a 'has been' than a never been, eh anon?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.