[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

protip: you can't
>>
THERE WAS
NOTHING
IN MY
LIFE
BIGGER THAN BEER
>>
>>121551572
what happened after 1973? they lost it.
>>
>>121551572
The Beatles (obvious one)
The Kinks (not so obvious one)
Small Faces (very much not obvious one)
>>
>>121553367
more drinking than ever before
plus cocaine
the who by numbers has some good songs though, I've always been fond of that album, even if squeeze box and success story kind of ruin the overall mood
>>
>>121553393
all good bands, but by 1967 the who had become the best live band of the the four easily
not talking about the quality of songs or records here, but the quality of the band playing together
>>
>>121553420
uh dunno why I typed "the" twice there... just ignore that
>>
>>121551572
There's probably (at least) one, but there certainly aren't many.
>>
>>121551572
Literally who?
>>
>>121551572
kek daltry must have been standing on a box for this photo. he is not that tall
>>
>>121555270
ha didn't notice that but you're right
he might've been standing a bit closer to the camera as well
>>
>>121551572
Only one?
There are plenty of bands that have a lot more talent than The Who, and even Pete Townsend himself would tell you the same, and this is coming from a die hard Who fan.
>>
>>121559036
>There are plenty of bands that have a lot more talent than The Who
Such as...?
>>
>>121559036
lol pretty sure townshend shits on every other band. like calling led zepelin shit. saying paul mcartney stole the beatles medley from quick one and away
>>
>>121551572
who?
>>
>>121551572
Entwistle was the only one who was traditionally "talented". Moon was not a good drummer. Unique, sure but beginners do basic drumming than he does. Pete is an ok guitarist, he only really shines as a songwriter and balancing both Entwistle and Keit live. Daltrey is just an average singer, nothing more to it.
>>
>>121564437
>Moon was not a good drummer
retard alert
>>
>>121564437
>Pete is an ok guitarist
He's not just ok, go listen my generation live at leeds to have an idea how good he is
>>
>>121564594
This is true. Every actual drummer will tell you, even Pete Townshend will tell you. He straight up says he had to keep time because Keith can't even do that, something basic and inherent in drumming. He had a unique style, that the music complemented but he wasn't "good" in a traditional sense
>>
File: 1661198098256.png (129 KB, 229x449)
129 KB
129 KB PNG
>>121565044
>Every actual drummer will tell you
the vast majority of drummers think he's great
>>
>>121565247
Just posting a clipped article isn't gonna prove anything. Either way your not seeing the forest for the trees. The point was that Moon was a highly unconventional drummer who eschewed what drummers normally do. His own bandmates attest to this. Thats why nobody plays like him.
>>
>>121565502
You're the one who claimed actual drummers don't think he's good, and I showed you one of the best jazz drummers of all time disagreeing with you. I can show you plenty of others. And the reason why nobody plays like Moon is because no one is as good as him.
>>
>>121562374
The Yardbirds, for starters
Oh, and The Animals
>>121563514
Well, Pete was RIGHT about Lead Blimp, wasn't he.
And actually The Who and The Beatles were friends.
What song, exactly, did Paul do that was a rip off of A Quick One?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.