[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1702505738836032.png (1.11 MB, 1000x1000)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB PNG
lol
>>
>>121552911
Can it really be considered a cover if you change that many lyrics?
>>
>>121552951
Homage I guess
>>
billy joel might be the worst musician of all time. fucking hack. every time i hear a song by him in passing i want to kill myself
>>
>>121553000
https://youtu.be/hCuMWrfXG4E
>>
>>121553000
How can you be filtered by BILLY JOEL lmao bro come on
>>
>>121552951
If you used a famous melody but changed the lyrics you could still be sued
>>
www.wdstw.ytmnd.com
>>
File: boy that ain't right.jpg (12 KB, 500x370)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>George Floyd
>Metroid
>>
The Billy Joel version was in chronological order, why is their version all over the place
>>
File: It's_All_So_Tiresome.jpg (68 KB, 1022x731)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
Billy Joel was able to write the original without access to search engines or AI to easilly look up newsworthy items to fit in a poetic meter. He had to pull up newsworthy headlines from memory or by shifting through old newspapers back in fucking 1989
These retarded ass millenials had access to the the internet, they had access to AI, and they had decades of newsworthy headlines to pull from, and they couldn't even come close to recapturing the magic of the original.
I think what makes the original so much more memorable is the fact that Billy Joel only really focused on shit that most people actually cared about.
Seriously, lets compare the key events that both bands describe
Billy Joel
>Joe McCarthy, The Catcher in the Rye, Rockefeller, Disneyland, Suez Crisis, JFKs assasination, China under martial law
Even minor events that the average person doesn't give a shit about are still interesting enough to where it only adds to the songs depth
Lets compare the Fallout Boy version
>Fyre Fest, Stranger Things, Balloon Boy, Metroid, SpongeBob
They give shit like Fyre Fest the same weight as Disneyland. They give fucking Metroid and Spongebob the same weight as The Catcher in the Rye. They bring up flash-on-the-pan shit that everyone forgot about in a week. It just feels so aimless and disconnected by comparison. It literally feels like the difference between someone getting history from a real history book vs someone getting history from a social media page. Its fucking maddening.
>>
File: 1690733764430881.jpg (96 KB, 680x836)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>121554036
This is one of the worst takes I've heard in a while man
Everything seems inconsequential because so much shit happens every day and the significant things haven't had time to become significant yet
Billy Joel brings up fucking sugar gay and rock around the clock you don't think that shit is flash in the pan?
>>
>>121554159
People still talk about Sugar Gay till this day bro
>>
>>121554159
Sugar Ray maybe, Rock Around the Clock no, that song was a huge ass deal to most boomers and still is
>>
>>121552911
FALL OUT BOY IS FUCKING GAY
>we didnt start the fire....
>>
>>121554184
So how the fuck are we supposed to know if it's flash in the pan if we haven't had enough time for the flash to disappear? Fyre fest was big on normalfag news, people still know it, they'll tell their kids about it.
>>
>>121554225
>So how the fuck are we supposed to know if it's flash in the pan if we haven't had enough time for the flash to disappear?
We aren't, that's why its retarded to include it in your song about significant or interesting events
>Fyre fest was big on normalfag news, people still know it, they'll tell their kids about it.
It was a fucking meme anon, we all collectively laughed at it and moved on. If you're still talking about it then there's something wrong with you.
>>
>>121554159
Better than referencing fucking Tiger King and the Ever Given ship lmao, seriously those references back to back are worse than any the guy you replied to listed
>>
>>121552911
It’s the worst cover of any song ever. No one can convince me otherwise. I had to white knuckle listening to it the one and only time I heard it. If you genuinely like this cover, fucking KYS.
>>
>>121552911
My least favorite band covering my least favorite song. Satan was feeling particularly sadistic.
>>
>Fall Out Boy went from Take This to Your Grave to this
fucking grim
>>
>>121553000
What's stopping you?
>>
>>121552911
did u know the drummer used to be in Racetraitor
>>
>>121554036
Excuse me, SpongeBob is a cultural touchstone.
>>
>MeToo, Epstein knew, Biden fucks your children too
what did this line mean?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.