[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1673462239392368.jpg (165 KB, 960x989)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
What is your favorite Beatles song pre-Rubber Soul?

For me it's I Feel Fine
>>
If I Fell
>>
And I Love Her
>>
A TASTE OF HONEEEEYY
TASTING MUCH SWEETER
THAN WINE
>>
>>121553009
I've Just Seen a Face
>>
I'll follow the sun
>>
>>121553009
we can work it out (concurrent with rubber soul recording sessions but whatever)
if not that, she loves you
>>
Ticket To Ride
>>
too hard to choose
most of their best songs were before rubber soul
>>
>>121553009
Yes It Is

That's right. I am very unique.
>>
>>121553009
for me it's not listening to shitty boomslop boyband #259023
if you do you're why /mu/ is bad now
>>
>>121553607
Have sex
>>
>>121553607
no one cares what you think
not one person in the world
>>
>>121553009
TELL ME WHHYYYYYYY YOU CRY AND WHYYY YOU LIIIIIIIIEEE TOOO MEEEEEEEE
>>
THIS BOY
>>
Hear me out. The Night Before.
>>
>>121555835
nah not feeling it
>>
>>121553655
>seriously Implying the average modern under 30 Redditor/Incel/Manchild Beatles Fan who mistakenly thinks society would have been less harsh on him 60 Years ago has had sex

Hey at least it wasn't Steely Dan or Ween.
>>
hold me tight is very fun
>>
>rubber soul is my favorite of theirs
uuuuuhh Yesterday, Eight Days a Week, and I Saw Her Standing There
>>
>>121556274
GUess you prefer the Eagles?
>>
>>121556350
Is that a Big Labowski reference? I haven't seen that movie in ages.
>>
>>121556399
Not exactly. More or less Steely Dan and The Eagles had a faux rivalry (They goofed on each other in their lyrics)
>>
Love Me Do
>>
>>121556416
Oh,makes sense those are both kinda lame-o bands lol. No but I enjoy reelin in the years by Steely Dan. That's a pretty cool song when you're high just for the guitar part. Overall though nah I'm more into Psychedelia and Prog. Some Hard Rock too I guess. I do like AOR from later on though like 80s shit. I can expand on this aswell but lots of Velvet Underground,WCEPAB,RUSH,Love,CAN,Jimi Hendrix,Grateful Dead,Gentle Giant,Black Oak Arkansas,Magma,Nico,Ed Askew,and sometimes like 70s Nudgent. Big fan of The Deviants big fan of Amon Düül ii big fan of Cream and Funkadelic. Shit like that. Moody Blues. Clives Original Band.
>>
>>121553009
I'm Happy Just to Dance with You
>>
>>121556479
IDK, I've been digging disco lately. Donna Summers and that one Larry Levan DJ mix
>>
>>121556509
Yeah I hate all that shit lol. Lame as fuck. I understand most gigazoom college kids have never done drugs at this point in history and many are still virgins so makes sense ig. I do like aor though. That's the big exception for me.
>>
>>121556551
See, AOR is too slick and produced compared to garage rock and psychedelic rock. But hey, you do you.
>>
>>121556509
Just a sort of general generation cluelessness ig. Same reason you get zoom Zooms who think Linkin Park were super badass and cool and not the lamest shit ever (although tbf there is some nu metal that I like and my band does ocassionally do a bit of nu metal here and there).
>>
>>121553009
yeah I Feel Fine has one of the best riffs in the history of classic rock
>>
>>121556593
It definetely is. Discohad more room to breathe I will give you this.
>>
>>121556593
>>121556479
I also smoke a lot of weed and used to do mushrooms all the time although I don't do them at all anymore which probably colors this. AOR has the guitar noise I like I guess lol. Also drink quite a bit or can.
>>
>>121556691
Personally, the guitar sounds on stuff like The Sonics and bands similar have a better crunchy sound. Idk, I’m probably biased
>>
>>121556733
I mean I like stuff like that too. More The Enfeilds,A-440,Love,The Velvet Underground,The Litter,The Deviants,The Rising Storm,and The Electric Prunes than The Sonics though. The Sonics are alright mind you. Just not a huge fan.
>>
>>121557367
I’ll give you this, they weren’t much songwriters, but they did have some fantastic energy
>>
>>121553009
Pick almost anything off of Help! I still think that's better than Rubber Soul.
>>
Don't Bother Me.
It's the punk rock torch song The Ramones WISHED they had the talent and ability to write.
>>
>>121558219
Lol ok retard
>>
>>121558585
PROVE ME WRONG YOU PIECE OF SHIT FAGGOT!
I FUCKING DARE YOU!
>>
>>121558629
It's not a punk song at all for starters but I don't expect that to stop you from having a total meltdown which you seem to already be doing.
>>
>>121553606
Absolutely goated choice Anon. There was a time when I couldn't get this song out of my head, too catchy and atmospheric.
>>
File: OP ruined everything.jpg (47 KB, 590x600)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>121558787
>So go away, leave me alone, don't bother me
>I've got no time for you right now, don't bother me
>Don't come around, leave me alone, don't bother me
This heartbroken lad is tell ing the whole world to FUCK OFF, like I'm telling YOU to FUCK OFF!
THAT'S MOTHER FUCKING PUNK AS FUCK, YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT FAGGOT!
WHAT COULD BE MORE PUNK ROCK THAN TELLING THE WORLD TO FUCK OFF BECAUSE YOU BROKE UP WITH YOUR GIRLFRIEND?
WHAT ARE YOU, SOME FUCKING WOKE CRASS FAGGOT SJW PC THUG WHO THINKS PUNK IS NOTHING BUT ANARCHY, COPS SUCK, TRUMP BAD, NAZIS BAD, BLM, AND OVERTHROW THE GOVERNMENT?

LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING, MOTHER FUCKER, I'M OLD ENOUGH TO BE THE COOL UNCLE WHO SAW THE MOTHER FUCKING DEAD KENNEDYS AND BLACK FLAG WITH HENRY ROLLINS WHILE YOU WERE STILL A TADPOLE SWIMMING AROUND IN YOUR DADDY'S BALLS! I WAS LISTENING TO PUNK ROCK WHEN THEY STILL CALLED IT ROCK AND ROLL!
I'M A BOOMER!
YOU'RE A ZOOMER!
YOU'RE NOTHING BUT A PIECE OF SHIT TO ME!
YOUR GENERATION KILLED PUNK!
MY GENERATION WERE PUNK!
FUCK YOU YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT!
THE BEATLES ARE PUNK AS FUCK, AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW THAT, YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO LISTEN TO EITHER THE BEATLES OR PUNK ROCK!
>NOW FOAD!
>>
>>121558956
>Predicted Manchild Response
>Manchild Meme for Manchilden
>He fell for the early 2000s meme of "Punk rock" being when he's a Moody little bitch

Lolok
>>
>>121558956
>"FAGGOT SJW PC THUG WHO THINKS PUNK IS NOTHING BUT ANARCHY, COPS SUCK, TRUMP BAD, NAZIS BAD, BLM, AND OVERTHROW THE GOVERNMENT?"

You've never been to a real life punk show. You've never even been to an event that wasn't for people like you lol. Probably E4 or an Anime Convention.

>"WHAT COULD BE MORE PUNK ROCK THAN TELLING THE WORLD TO FUCK OFF BECAUSE YOU BROKE UP WITH YOUR GIRLFRIEND?"
>"Le Epic Blink-182 Moment! I sure wish I was just like Chad. He's so le epic and Punk Rawk!"

This is how I can tell you stopped developing mentally in early adolescence.
>>
>>121553009
Baby's in Black
>>
File: THIS GUY.jpg (12 KB, 237x258)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>121559671
>You will never go drinking with Charlie Harper or Terry Bonez
>WEL?
>>
>>121553009
Every Little Thing
>>
>>121559982
You're not the "cool uncle" you're 50 and still a virgin lol. You were never "punk" either.
>>
>>121559671
Be thankful this is the internet, and an anonymous board, and not real life, or you'd be in the ICU by now, faggot!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBrE3vGxp_0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBrE3vGxp_0
>>
>>121560058
Actually 60, and your mother can tell you that I'm no virgin since you're actually my son.
(You could be, you know. I used to fuck buffaloes)
And Charlie Harper never cooked you a spaghetti dinner.
>>
>>121560165
>Fucked buffaloes in his youth.
It don't get no more punk than THAT!
>>
>>121560134
I doubt you're physically capable in any capacity
>>121560193
He's literally G.G Allin (Been to prison for sexual assault and smells like shit and piss).
>>
>>121553009
A Hard Day's Night

A perfect pop song
>>
>>121560222
If I am, indeed GG Allin, not only does that make me the puniest punk around, I have the ability to, at the very least, spray mace in your face like I did at Exit in Chicago in 1989 to all the plebs and posers who DIDN'T bow down to me at the end of my set.
>>
>>121560234
love lennon's voice there, iconic
>>
>>121558800
super catchy and john's vocals just surge up and forward with passion. it's supreme.
>>
Any Time at All
>>
>>121553169
very good
>>121553231
reminds me of the animals. it's one of their few that really feels like "old" to me. great song though
>>121560234
>that opening chord
>the first two chords which comprise the verse (G5-Cadd2)
>the unison octaves solo/duet thingy
>that outro
Yeah. Strong contender for GOAT

agree with OP and other anon too I Feel Fine rules. the riff against the syncopated beat gives it an unreal groove which contrasts nicely with the "I'M SO GLAD" b section. also now that I think of it the song doesn't really have a chorus.
>>
>>121561480
Completely agree. I really wish to find more songs which sound and feel like this one.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.