[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

More like this? It's one of the few /mu/core albums that I keep returning to.
Also, what happened to the band?
>>
>>121553139
Listen to their other albums except You Will Never Know Why
Roby tried to rape his bandmate or something
>>
>>121553145
Real? I thought this was only a case with Crystal Castles
>>
>>121553304
I mean they were a millennial era band. Rape is involved SOMEWHERE along the line
>>
File: a0211284292_65.jpg (97 KB, 700x700)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>121553139
>More like this?
M83 - Dead Cities, Red Seas & Lost Ghosts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5pv8fmiax8
>>
>>121553139
>Also, what happened to the band?
They fucked and the girls cuck husband sperged out about it on reddit
>>
>>121553139
The Sleepwalk is like Sweet Trip from before they existed, but japanese
https://youtu.be/6H9CRnnpLhA
https://youtu.be/kaOPDWNRPT4
>>
>>121553470
roby pls
>>
International makes me cry
>>
>>121555407
it's been so long since i've seen these words. that was my favorite song in like 2018
>>
>>121553139
international makes me cry
>>
>>121553145
you will never know why is their best album
>>
I feel like full body 2 might be the spiritual successor to sweet trip imo
>>
Design 2:3 is one of the closest in scope to a MBV song off Loveless, its thick walls of distortion hit harder than almost any other shoegaze record besides Loveless itself. The track that definitely changed my life back around 2015 was Dsco which is one of the catchiest brightest and most poppy but still shoegazy tracks I've ever heard, made me so excited for the album and then nothing else on the record sounds like it, the glitchy/fuzzy guitars on that track are shoegaze like none other
>>
>>121556299
>full body 2
Really great band.
>>
>what happen?
>They reunited
>Roby writes an entire album’s worth of songs about how much he’s madly in love with Valerie and wants her
>one of the tracks on the album is an anagram for ‘Valerie, Love of My Life’ or something
>apparently he did something to her in a hotel room that made her leave the band completely, but we don’t know the details
>her husband airs it all out on Reddit
>Roby vanishes off the face of the earth and no one knows where he is or what happened to him
>Valerie just does whatever on her Instagram now
The end
>>
>>121561785
bro really thought he could win her over with that
>>
Mid Air Thief is pretty good too, the production and attention to detail and dreamy vocals are a lot like sweet trip but it's not as obnoxious in the shoegaze and noise side. Instead it's got a lot of acoustic guitar but trust me the detail is very good
>>
>>121553139
S T E R E O L A B
>>
>>121562929
v:d:c was my favorite album by a lot when i was in high school and crumbling was one of the only things that ever scratched the same itch for me. there used to be a mini-chart specifically about this that had some good picks, but i can't find it anywhere now. green grass of tunnel by mum was on there and blew my mind when i first heard it, hhad the same combination of sweet melodies and little electronic glitches but in a more subtle way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5hBkQT3-C8
>>
>>121563875
found some of the albums on the chart. a lot of it's just general electronic + shoegaze fusions regardless of if they sound like vdc, but you'll probably find something you like in here
mum - finally we are no one
stereolab - dots and loops
mew - and the glass handed kites
aoki takamasa + tujiko noriko - 28
the depreciation guild - in her gentle jaws
kashiwa daisuke - program music I
zegunder - distant birds? i thought they were leaves...
isabel's dream - monomara
spc-eco - 3-d
seefeel - quique
bowery electric - beat
>>
>>121553139
CFCF - Memoryland, kinda
>>
>>121556263
Yeah and it's their least electronic
>>
>>121556263
Bad take. Even Halica and Alura are better than 90% of the songs on YWNKW. YWNKW is just their easily listenable pop album.
>>
>>121566356
halica and alura sound like they could be from any other electronica band in the 90's, they're fine but nothing special, only worse album they have is a tiny house
>>121565305
the songs are the best-written, regardless of amount of electronics
>>
>>121566448
Well OP wants Velocity Design Comfort
YWNKW is not that
>>
File: a2799531990_65[2].jpg (63 KB, 700x700)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>121553139
>>
>>121553470
i'm guessing it was this and she felt guilty about it afterwards

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.