[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1_IVED20SohhiZgh0J5UjE-A.png (2.01 MB, 1400x698)
2.01 MB
2.01 MB PNG
What's the appeal?
>>
>>121553498
Everything after We Were Dead is unlistenable.
Everything before Good News is 10/10.
Something happened in those years.
>>
>>121553520
The Moon & Antarctica is made for radio dogshit slop
>>
>>121553537
And it's still great.
>>
>>121553498
it's funny, to me there's an obvious correlation with quality of album art and the quality of the music but it's impossible to say for sure because I've already heard the albums and know the general consensus on them. If you've never heard Modest Mouse would you assume the bottom row of albums is of lesser quality because their covers suck? Or do I only think the covers suck because the music does?
>>
>>121553498
whats yours?
>>
>>121553498
the lyrics on the first two, along with the singles comp building nothing out of something, are unmatched. baby blue sedan, breakthrough, dramamine, heart cooks brain, teeth like god's shoeshine, trailer trash, and a few i'm forgetting all have killer lyrics. man alternates between railing against god and modernity and the american highway system and mourning every mundane lost moment. poetic without ever feeling contrived or pseudy or anything. he really had something special going, and i'm usually a music > lyrics guy
>>
>>121555108
isaac brock was a modern day bluesman and now he's just a weird ex tweaker who thinks he's being gangstalked
>>
>>121555108
good post
the pre moon and antarctica stuff hit different
>>
>>121554877
i think it's fairly objective. we were dead and whatever the last one's called are incredibly kitschy and lcw is clearly the most interesting and polished design, and is also the best album

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.