[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

The original mix of this album is so much better than the 2019 mix. The 2019 mix feels so much stuffier and has less stereo seperation. Original mix just feels so much more natural to the ears
>>
For me it's the 2009 stereo mix.
>>
>>121561690
That's the same mix as the original, just remastered.
Personally I prefer the '83 Black Triangle, you can find it online if you know where to look
>>
>>121561709
Sounds intriguing. What's the diff?
>>
>>121561669
What does it mean when you say something is stuffier and has less stereo separation?
>>
>>121561801
It's a 1983 CD release of Abbey Road, generally preferred by audiophiles due to it being a flat transfer of the tapes
>>121562078
I mean like the sound of the newer mix sounds to me less open, hard to explain. Usually stereo seperation refers to like how much the left and right channels differ
>>
>>121561669
Any re-release of any piece of music that isn't exactly as it was when it originally released (remaster, stereo mix, alternative mix, etc) is just a shameless cashgrab.
>>
>>121561669
Yeah I agree. I’d have to go back now and try to remember which mixes I prefer for each album. But I do remember preferring the old mix for Abbey Road.
>>
>>121561690
wait there's a mono mix?
>>
>>121563752
i don't think so, the white album was the last one with a dedicated mono mix, so any mono abbey road mix would be inferior
>>
>>121563752
It's just a lazy fold down of the stereo. They didn't even include it on the mono box.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.