[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: cloog.jpg (902 KB, 1250x1250)
902 KB
902 KB JPG
one of these - https://tapmusic.net

rec some stuff off your chart irregardlessve whats on anyone else's, esp if you think its something people might not have heard

Niobe - White Hats is nice arthoe stuff with lounge-y jazz influences, if you like Lucrecia Dalt or Julia Holter check it
Ashrae Fax - Static Crash is super-underrated lofi synth/dreampop
Natural Snow Buildings - Terror's Horns is drone but its one of their most accessible albums, not minimalist, theres plenty going on and it never gets harsh/noisy, as good a place to start as any in their discog

or just rate or w/e if you cant be bothered. lazyposters get stabbed tho
>>
File: cat.jpg (665 KB, 1280x1280)
665 KB
665 KB JPG
>>121563369
++Yo-Yo Ma
Rec his albums with Bobby McFerrin (the nigga just sings like an instrument the whole album) and his work with Claude Boilling on the Rampart Suites series or whatever

I know one of these chart threads will get deleted
>>
File: collage.jpg (476 KB, 900x900)
476 KB
476 KB JPG
>>121563369
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e-jIw4A2n0
>>121563621
what did you say about my mama
>>
>>121563621
>field recordings vol 2 north / south carolina
I love weird old shit like that its like a little window into another world. and often musically its all pretty scratchy but then you get like one absolute gem of a song that totally crosses all the time and distance and just sounds perfect
>yoyo
never heard any of his non-classical stuff tbph but that claude bolling collab sounds interesting I just played a bit on youtube I'll check it out
>>121563649
>veedon fleece
+ v mo but I mostly listen astral weeks and moondance I havent listened veedon fleece for years I should give it another chance
>>
File: 4 25.png (2.05 MB, 1200x1200)
2.05 MB
2.05 MB PNG
>>121563369
>hash jar tempo
>ashrae fax
>crescent
>movietone
>natural snow buildings
>best siouxsie
>best cocteau twins
this is the kind of kino i thought we lost on here by now. not gonna get better than this
blossoming mums - dithering mornings
pospulenn - sun people sleepwalker
dadamah - this is not a dream
uncanny valley - speaking in prosthetic tongues
vasilisk - acqua
>>
File: rich dog.jpg (220 KB, 600x800)
220 KB
220 KB JPG
>>121564106
dude, op here
I just had a highly productive time sampling the stuff you mentioned and some of the things on your chart inc bill frisell and maher shalal hb.
thanks, sincerely
and + basic channel, handel, bark psychosis, arthur russell too
>>
File: collage (49).jpg (967 KB, 1250x1250)
967 KB
967 KB JPG
>>121563369
What's the appeal of Drone music? I understand noise music, but could never get into Drone.
>>
>>121564687
I guess you listen to it in the same way as ambient? if youre looking for music as stimulation then obvs its not for you but I listen it as something to space out to and mentally drift along when I need to empty my head and relax. a bit like meditation maybe but w out the bullshit. but at the same time I dont listen to stuff thats really minimalist, theres still progression in things like Natural Snow buildings and Higuma on my chart, its just that the tracks move very slowly compared to, say, beat driven pop
>>
File: 1701121858484.jpg (859 KB, 1250x1250)
859 KB
859 KB JPG
If you like bassy dark sad electronic music you will probably like "wave" music. CHVRN was my introduction to the genre, and I think Drowned and Fall would both be great albums to start out with. Threads of Fate by Fraunhofer Diffraction is in this direction but more witch housey.

Area Code by 44RAPTURE is a pretty amazing glitch hoppy version of Com Truise sort of? If you like Com Truise or The Glitch Mob you would probably like this album.

>>121563369
I liked Ahsrae Fax, nice rec

>>121563621
I'm trying Hush. Not my usual type of music but WOW I have never heard someone sing quite like that. Very interesting, good rec
Let's get some recs off your chart?

>>121564106
Blossoming Mums is good. I'm gonna check out those other ones eventually.
Try Cosmic Frog by S2cool since you like obscure shit so much. I can't understand why this album isn't more popular.
>>
>>121565376
>Threads of Fate by Fraunhofer Diffraction
like it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51daMDatS9o
>>
File: IMG_3196.jpg (572 KB, 1200x1200)
572 KB
572 KB JPG
>>121563649
++Sublime
+Van Morrison, Third Eye Blind, David Bowie
What’s your favorite Sublime album?
>>121563912
One of my family members is 96 going on 97! They get a kick out of me knowing/singing those old songs from their childhood and early adulthood so it’s like studying for me; I do really enjoy the music as well though.

Heard anything like that lately? King Hokum is a pretty fun imitation, fooled the elderly
>>121565376
Did you give New Standards a listen? I hope you’re enjoying your Hancock journey, thoughts on Black Man’s Burdon?

From your chart I’ll humbly take Elis & Tom; let me know if there’s some other you’d prefer to recommend. From mine I’d offer Music from Graffiti Bridge (1999); it has many highs, many lows… I’d describe it like an underground Prince concert where he’s debuting new material and letting his homeboys on the track or either Daniel Zarmir record/Sasha Argov you really can’t go wrong.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.