[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: GL6PbYjWEAAfOeu.jpg (119 KB, 946x858)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
Don't you hate it when a piece is ruined by noisy rabble?
>>
>>121577474
I bet it was people protesting Brian's death on Family Guy.
>>
>>121577474
Does Keith Jarrett's mumbling count? If so, yes
>>
>>121577474
isn't the whole point of indeterminism that you can't control it
>>
>Sorry chillens we can'ts listems to da fo minnie and thrurty secomd silence dems peoples is dernroit noisay y'all
>>
>>121577474
>>121577615
>this piece directs us to listen to whatever background noise is present
>NOT THAT BACKGROUND NOISE THOUGH, THAT DOESN'T COUNT REEEEE

don't get me wrong, I think protesters should be redacted, but this guy is clearly a moron
>>
>>121577474
I bet this nugget thinks of himself as
one of the good ones" a good ol broken buck conservative that never needed affirmative action. God damn, how can you be a professor at Columbia and miss the point of Cage's music so hard.
>>
>McWhorter
lmao burgers pls
>>
>>121578448
Another piece of evidence to prove that higher education certificates are usually bought, not earned.
>>
>>121578448
>>121579848
Not all academics, this just happens to be a "centrist" aka. a neoliberal conservative. Ironically, one of those who's decried against safe spaces
>>
>>121577474
>"I had to, like, open the bruise up, and let some of the bruise blood come out to show them"
>>
>>121582598
Pretty much all academics. Especially those not pertaining to the sciences.
>>
>infuriated chanting

Sounds interesting, should have listened
>>
does this dude really teach a music course? i thought he was some kind of english teacher.
>>
independent of what they are protesting about, it is kind of stupid to have the place where you quietly listen to some supposed expert lecture on some subject be in the same vicinity of where a bunch of rando's are screaming and hollering.

they should probably bus the protestors to another location in all honesty.
>>
>>121583008
are you familiar with the purpose of a protest
>>
>>121582598
I remember this John McWhorter guy doing the rounds around the 2020 protests as a token "anti woke" black guy going on Joe Rogan and Sam Harris type podcasts
>>
>>121577474
>McWhorter
lol I forgot about this faggot from my /pol/ phase.
>>
>>121583032
you know there are laws against disturbing the peace, right?
that you can't go to some residential neighborhood at 2AM and scream your head off and then tell the cops it's ok because i'm 'protesting'?
>>
>song made so that the listener can stop and actually pay attention to their surroundings
>Coon doesn't get it and intentionally chooses to ignore his surroundings
>>
>>121577474
>sees a black person walk by my house
welp, there goes the neighborhood.
>>
Most people don't get John Cage's 4'33" because it forces them to listen to slow down and listen to harmonic textures in a way they can't fully understand at first. Instant gratification has ruined the ability to engage with the composer's ideas

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.