[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

We take turns, and if your music is bad you get made fun of. What the hell am I suppsed to play for a group of zoomers? We need hype music but it can't be boring. Where is a place where I can find good music? I'm clicking around youtube and youtube music but I'm struggling. What do zoomers listen to at parties?
>>
>>121590885
mainstream rap
>>
>>121590885
>What the hell am I suppsed to play for a group of zoomers
Black metal
>>
david bowie station to station, brainiac bonsai superstar, or morphine cure for pain, no but really nowadays zoomers like shit like deftones so adrenaline or smashing pumpkins siamese dream
>>
>>121590885
Play Cocteau Twins. Zoomers love them.
>>
>>121590885
I can hear the anxiety in your post. Probably work in a kitchen.
>>
the aux chord test is the ultimate autist filter.
If you can't read a room to know what song to play then I'm sorry but you are now diagnosed with autism.
>>
What have the other people been putting on?
>>
File: Endwd2hVgAEQqzJ.png (453 KB, 748x640)
453 KB
453 KB PNG
>>121590885
Cherub, Jamiroquai, Feng Suave, Louis Cole, and Michael McDonald
>>
>>121590885
Quit your job if this is what they're forcing you to do.
>>
Dom Dolla sets the kids like, I'm so hip

https://youtu.be/XZWdfLbTcLI?si=ciTUF0pweTYIFEfr
>>
>>121590885
Just post the music you normally listen to
>>
>>121591312
Overplayed tiktok music, but then when I copy similar songs they playfully tease me that I have out of date tiktok songs. I haven't been bullied yet, but I need to step it up before it gets worse. I can't tell what the difference between their and my music is because some of it is the exact same songs (I played it first).
>>
Play the music you want to listen to, you’re in charge
>>
>>121591534
OK, but what does it sound like? Hip hop? Pop? Duster and Deftones?
>>
>>121590885
Too bad I’d show up with a weapon.
>>
>>121591709
Like Tate McRae, SZA, Rihanna, Doja
>>
>>121591818
I doubt you've ever even been employed
>>
>>121590978
I'd just play the saddest songs I could think of, kill the vibe, and say that's my current mood (because the whole situation feels like absolute hell, but I won't say that part out loud)
>>
>>121590885
Just find a Spotify playlist they like
>>
Just tell them you don't want to do it. This is a frame control battle. Which is fine and teasing is a part of how people make a bond, but it is an attempt to put you into their hierarchy. Also your predicament reminded me of this skit:
https://youtu.be/J5eoMWpJjoY?si=KU7ZamBcyzNUvYyN

Also, just play travis scott
>>
>>121590885
Carti, Young Thug
>>
>>121590885
What do you do for a living?
>>
>>121590885
Can't you just give them your turn? If not sounds like you're gonna lose anyway so just play what you actually want.
>>
>>121590916
this
early swans
throbbing gristle
DOMINATE

nd back it up with a solid selection of early rnb like Sam n Dave type shit
>>
What jobs are there? I can't think of one job that I would be able to do and yet it seems like everyone has jobs. What do people do when they work?
>>
>>121593564
Lol
>>
>>121593564
Lol
>>
>>121593585
>>121593738
I'm being serious.
>>
>>121590885
Put on 10 hours soft brown noise and be like
>it helps you focus
Not exciting to make fun of + its so boring theyll never let you have the aux
>>
>>121593564
They all suck so it doesnt actually matter if youre not able to any of them
>>
>>121593872
It does matter because I need money.
>>
>>121590885
>We need hype music but it can't be boring.

Got you

https://youtu.be/3_2GlKk08xQ
>>
>>121593966
Yea we all do but it doesnt matter if youre not able to do it, just apply to like the grocery store or gas station something. If youve never had a job before they wont expect you to be perfect on Week 1
>>
>>121593564
You could be a geologist. They look at rocks
>>
>>121593998
I'm twenty nine. They'll wonder why I never worked.
>>
>>121594333
Dude, gas stations and grocery stores hire literal retards. Youll be fine
>>
>>121594343
Yeah this
>>
>>121593966
If you become a grave keeper/digger they might let you live at the graveyard
>>
>>121590885
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHBTVzRreSY
>>
Make them listen to pop punk or do all ska punk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpQz50jVxpA
>>
>>121594431
They'll get back down but they'll get up again is the problem.
>>
I also think it would be funny if you made them listen to a cherry poppin daddies album
>>
if you aren’t a zoomer try not to work with them. you want to be lower than the median age for your job and the good news is being older is an advantage for applying to better jobs if you can demonstrate maturity
if you are a zoomer, play what you like and if they don’t like it make them skip you
as an older zoomer myself the popular music for my specific group is barely experimental hiphop, joji type stuff, playboi carti before it was mainstream, jpegmafia before it was mainstream, shitty punk, classic rock, lil darkie, freddie dredd, etc. i am in the white alcohol category tho and not the nonwhite weed category. that is a very important distinction
like another anon said, just read the room. despite the autism here, music is a social activity and if you don’t enjoy their music just don’t participate
>>
>>121594431
If this had a female vocalist, I would actually like it.
His whiny gayboy voice sucks, but otherwise the music isn't that bad.
>>
>>121594539
>he actually wants to listen to females
>>
>>121594569
Yes, anon. Some music would just sound better with a girl.
A lot of female metalcore bands sound better than male bands. A guy whining about life is kinda cringe, but you expect it from a girl.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btYtpYxCung
>>
File: montenegrin.jpg (117 KB, 1023x676)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>121593564
>What do people do when they work?
slowly die
>>
I don't mind the zoomies at work putting on music, but what bothers me is they seem to only listen to the same 30 or so songs
>>
10h fukireta
>>
Is everyone just shitposting here?
If you're asked what music you like then you put on what you like and be honest
Why is simply being honest and confident so utterly impossible for Americans?
>>
>>121590885
You know, if you act retarded, people will be nice to you and the ones who don't will be seen as assholes. Try it. I don't act full on retarded, but I use a certain tone that makes people think I'm more deficient than I really am and it's actually worked out great for me. It's a really subtle, but it makes me sound dumb enough that people go easier on me without sounding like I'm incapable of doing things. You'd have to hear me do it to know what I'm talking about.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQgaCVT9Bw8&list=RDkuNixp-wvWM&start_radio=1
>>
>>121594988
vocaroo
>>
>>121594995
https://voca.ro/1n6De1gVSgYN
>>
>>121594998
This sounds pretty normal ngl.
>>
>>121594998
I would just think you were stoned and/or from out of state.
>>
>>121594998
I know this is a tripple reply bit is it more the cadence or what? Sound maybe slightly socially awkward at worst.
>>
put on any random popular rapper
little baby
dah baby
little durk (the blacks love him)
even kanye but theyll call you boomer
>>
>>121595113
My actual voice is lower and raspier, and I also talk a bit faster. I think it pisses people off, so it's better if I slightly change it so that it sounds like what you heard. It really does make a positive difference in the way people react to me.
>>
>>121590885
Ken Carson!!
>>
File: Fart.png (603 KB, 1200x901)
603 KB
603 KB PNG
>>121590885
>What the hell am I suppsed to play for a group of zoomers?
lol who the hell cares
just fart in their faces, pic related
>>
>>121590885
Zappa

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.