[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Lutoslawski edition
https://youtu.be/-IYw_8xzkWE

How do I get into classical?
This link has resources including audio courses, textbooks and selections of recordings to help you start to understand and appreciate classical music:
https://pastebin.com/NBEp2VFh

Previous: >>122525378
>>
Schoenberg is objectively good
>>
Schumann made me tear up

https://youtu.be/ZiwZoP0Zx4o?si=S4MmKSg4mXaxmNS0
>>
Can you believe there are posters here who criticize HIP for sounding bad and being schizo yet unironically enjoy Schoenberg?!
>>
File: Schumann-photo1850.jpg (124 KB, 450x614)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
>>122565704
>Three Romances for Oboe and Piano
>it was written during what was speculated to be one of Schumann's manic episodes.
Interesting, lol

I've been listening to Schumann all day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC7vIo5SBqM
>>
>>122565489
Only when he's not using his shitty atonal techniques, yes.
>>
>>122566143
He is really special.
>>Three Romances for Oboe and Piano
I love those as well as his fantasy pieces for clarinet and piano. Really all his chamber music with piano is worth listening to.
>>
>>122566104
do HIPsters really
>>
>>122566216
This but including his free atonal period in which he didn't use any techniques.
>>
>>122566405
developing variation and pitch class set theory are still compositional techniques.
>>
>>122566216
So basically never then?
>>
>>122566396
Is HIP the only thing that makes you use capital letters
>>
>>122566216
retarded
>>122566467
even more retarded
>>
>>122566482
do you have any better way of differentiating abbreviations?
>>
>>122566487
Thank you Hippocrite sister
>>
>>122566467
Have you listened to his String Sextet op.4?
It's still a romantic piece and he doesn't use the 12 tone technique, which he developed later.
>>122566507
No, but I have a better way of correctly capitalizing letters. Learn to write sister.
>>
>>122566444
He didn't use set theory from 1909-1919 and developing variation is not an atonal technique
>>
>>122566603
no thanks. too lazy.
>>122566638
obviously false to anyone who has done a cursory analysis of schoenberg’s expressionist music, he was using set theory as early as pierrot lunaire and the op. 19 piano pieces.
>>
Abnormal is fine. Stupid is not.
>>
R.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXlNIYe6ge8
>>
Is it Walter or Wendy Carlos?
>>
>>122565115
/classical/ Michael Myers edition
>>
>>122566932
Honestly half the reason I made it a Lutoslawski edition was to use that pic.
>>
>>122566891
repugnant?
>>
>>122567734
Rape sisterposter
>>
>>122566696
He didn't even come up with set theory. It was a later invention. And combinatoric tinkering isn't even an especially good way to achieve atonality. I would say the twelve tone system was more a way of containing the chaos that he had been stuck with for a decade. He just wasn't happy to do everything by ear, there needed to be an underlying logic and iktf. In fact he set texts like Pierrot to music in order to have a formal framework for the music; Schoenberg would at least know the mood he had to evoke from the text at any given time. How do you not know this? In fact what does it even mean to "use set theory" it's a notation system.
>>
>>122567845
earrape? i agree
>>122567926
complete and utter irrelevant nonsense, set theory is a compositional technique just like any other and it’s obviously apparent in schoenberg’s freely atonal music.
>>
set theory is a (((compositional technique)))
>>
Now Playing - Haydn, Mozart & Beethoven: String Quartets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsG5c6AdzAA&list=OLAK5uy_nkq05EyMUYjKeHAUB3nnLGG9PRZ8q_rN8&index=22
>>
recommend me classical guitar pieces/players
>>
>>122561485
You still don't even understand what we're arguing about. Traditional symphonic logic is not to be found in Mahler. When people talk about symphonic forms, they're not talking about Mahler. Because Mahler ruined the symphony.
>>
>>122570120
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IzLAEHVkd4&list=OLAK5uy_n4B1kpEGljJzSRmgKzR9GnsfIV5QbzfCI
>>
Does the sister poster only like Jewish composers?
>>
>>122570285
Oddly enough, yes. Maybe he's a neurotic Jew? Would explain why he wasted so much of his life here.
>>
>>122570285
He likes Brahms and Beethoven.
>>
>>122570205
>Traditional symphonic logic is not to be found in Mahler.
LOL, imagine being this dense. i pity you.
>Because Mahler ruined the symphony.
you’re thinking of sibelius. also, the concept of formal logic isn’t exclusive to the symphony.
>>
>>122570672
>LOL, imagine being this dense. i pity you.
Yes anon, Mahler does not use symphonic form in a traditional way. Shocker! The end goal is more Strauss than Beethoven.

>the concept of formal logic isn’t exclusive to the symphony.
Nothing I said even implied that I thought it was.
>>
>>122570759
>Yes anon, Mahler does not use symphonic form in a traditional way.
further proof that you don’t comprehend any form period, nevermind symphonic form.
>The end goal is more Strauss than Beethoven.
even if we ignore the hilarious comparison between 2 composers a hundred years apart, this is blatantly false. nothing mahler wrote was ever remotely as programmatic and unreliant on traditional form as strauss’ tone poems.
>Nothing I said even implied that I thought it was.
you seem obsessed with symphonic form, as if it’s the end all be all of form.
>>
>>122571001
>the hilarious comparison between 2 composers a hundred years apart
It's a perfectly apt comparison. Beethoven established the symphonic culture Mahler is working in, and Strauss was another post-Wagnerian epitomising Mahler's generation. Weird for you to have a problem with it.

>nothing mahler wrote was ever remotely as programmatic and unreliant on traditional form as strauss’ tone poems.
And I never said it was. Emphasis on 'more'. The clear, large strokes of Beethoven's form are not to be found in Mahler. The fin-de-siecle programmatic intent overpowers any structure, even when it remains at the simplest level, because of the dominance of the programmatic motivic type. But that's still the exception. Most of the time Mahler macerates his form, and the extensive number of movements/random introduction of vocal music is just the large scale demonstration of this. What was for Beethoven the most extreme and prepared thing, vocal symphonic music, which he himself felt a mistake, is for Mahler just a norm that doesn't have to even resemble a symphonic movement.

>you seem obsessed with symphonic form, as if it’s the end all be all of form.
Ughh, in symphonies, it is...
>>
>>122566104
I think HIP is misguided for the most part, but the most vociferous, opinionated critics of HIP are far worse for music than HIP itself. They're the same people who react violently to any changes and developments in orchestration, composition, instrumentation... you'd imagine that they'd be forward-thinking people, but in reality they have this harebrained idea that interpretation was perfected by musos in the 19th century and any slight deviation warrants firebombing and terrorist campaigns. They genuinely, honestly think that JS Bach and Handel and Monteverdi and Purcell anticipated the perfect interpration of their music at precisely 200 years into the future - this is what they actually, unironically believe
>>
>>122571298
>Beethoven established the symphonic culture Mahler is working in, and Strauss was another post-Wagnerian epitomising Mahler's generation.
mahler’s forms have far more in common with beethoven’s late works than they do strauss’ abject formlessness. it’s really not hard to understand that expanded sonata form is still closer to traditional sonata form than it is a tone poem.
>The clear, large strokes of Beethoven's form are not to be found in Mahler
false. again, lack of comprehension of form.
>Most of the time Mahler macerates his form, and the extensive number of movements/random introduction of vocal music is just the large scale demonstration of this.
oh, i get it now. you’ve only heard the first 3 mahler symphonies. you would be correct if the rest of his oeuvre was identical, but it’s not. why pretend to speak authoritatively when you’re obviously in no position to?
>>122571399
nice strawman bro
>>
>>122571486
>mahler’s forms have far more in common with beethoven’s late works
And this just repeats what I'm saying. It's the same with Brahms introducing chamber-like music into the symphony, but he still keeps it for the most part traditional. Compare what Beethoven did in his late symphonies, with his late quartets. There is a reason he did not do that in his symphonies. Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven, Schubert, Schumann, Mendelssohn, Brahms and Bruckner all had a respect for the symphonic tradition, meanwhile Mahler ruins it all with his sloppy programmaticism. The historical positioning of Mahler is as a post-Wagnerian along with Strauss. He uses symphonic form like a tone poem, to achieve the same effects that Strauss wants to achieve in his tone poems. No composer before Mahler had such detailed programmatic imagery, or desired to incorporate so much that was of a non-symphonic nature, into a symphony.

>false. again, lack of comprehension of form.
I'm not denying that there is form in Mahler ffs. Learn to read and stop repeating this retardation. There is no divine simplicity in Mahler, it is a torrent of neuroticism, going in any direction he wants.

>you’ve only heard the first 3 mahler symphonies.
You cannot seriously tell me the blurring of formal genres is only characteristic of his first three symphonies.
>>
>>122570120

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9DOtuPLqNI
>>
>>122571898
>Compare what Beethoven did in his late symphonies
you mean all one of them? or did the tenth get finished without anyone telling me?
>Compare what Beethoven did in his late symphonies, with his late quartets. There is a reason he did not do that in his symphonies.
possibly because he died before he had the chance to do so, you fucking idiot.
>Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven, Schubert, Schumann, Mendelssohn, Brahms and Bruckner all had a respect for the symphonic tradition
bruckner’s conception of the symphony is significantly more radical than any of the aforementioned, far closer to mahler than even the closest comparison in the classical era (obviously beethoven’s 9th). it’s pretty obvious why the likes of brahms found bruckner’s symphonies revolting when comparing the two, and you mentioning them both in the same breath now as some sort of hallmark of symphonic conservatism is insanely laughable.
>meanwhile Mahler ruins it all with his sloppy programmaticism.
again, only reflective of the first 3 symphonies.
>The historical positioning of Mahler is as a post-Wagnerian along with Strauss.
and bruckner, according to everyone except for you apparently.
>He uses symphonic form like a tone poem
LOL
this is especially funny when you realize that mahler and strauss were both contemporaries and essentially rivals compositionally. they had utterly different conceptions of music and it showed in both their composition and conducting practice. you are historically illiterate on a comical level and you act as if you aren’t making shit up on the fly.
>No composer before Mahler had such detailed programmatic imagery
ah yes, because everyone knows the 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 9th and 10th symphonies are famous for their explicit programs. hell, the only reason we know about the program of the 3rd is because it was ripped from his correspondence to his confidantes. (1/2)
>>
>>122571898
>>122572096
the only symphonies that premiered with programs (that were later retracted) are the 1st and 2nd. the 8th and das lied von der erde obviously are entirely vocal works and therefore exist somewhere in between symphony and cantata/oratorio/lieder, though frankly it wouldn’t surprise me if this was new knowledge to you.
>There is no divine simplicity in Mahler
LOL if you think divine simplicity exists in any composer past mozart. what a tool.
>it is a torrent of neuroticism
this is supposed to be coming from the same guy upholding brahms and bruckner as gold standards of the symphonic ideal?
>going in any direction he wants.
heaven forbid you hear the late beethoven string quartets.
>You cannot seriously tell me the blurring of formal genres is only characteristic of his first three symphonies.
what genres do the 5th, 6th, 7th, 9th and 10th blur again? are we conveniently pretending that half of his entire symphonic literature doesn’t exist? what a farce (2/2)
>>
NTA but Mahler indeed lacks form and his symphonies are among the worst I've ever heard. Sisterposter is obsessed with jews for some reason and feels like an attack against one is hurting him.
>>
Mahler? More like MEHler.
>>
Tfw pianist
Tfw much of my income relies on giving 1.5hr on Saturday afternoon and 3hr on Sunday playing for masses where the cantor usually can barely sing
>>
>>122573972
And?
>>
>>122572096
>you mean all one of them?
The fundamental direction of the Beethovenian symphony had been set by his later symphonies, plural, yes.

>possibly because he died before he had the chance to do so,
Lmao, okay, Beethoven was totally gonna start composing like Mahler I swear! Beethoven would never have had the nonsensical attitude of introducing chamber-like music into his symphonies, but that does not mean he wouldn't have incorporated some progressive elements found in his later chamber music. The introduction of the latter would have been done in the same spirit of organisation as shown in his previous symphonies.

>bruckner’s conception of the symphony is significantly more radical than any of the aforementioned
Bruckner has more in common with Brahms than Mahler. Brahms actually admired some of Bruckner's music, and his negative judgement, coming from WITHIN the symphonic tradition, of his symphonies seems more like superficial complaining next to what he would have thought of Mahler's. Bruckner was enlarging upon the direction set by Beethoven's and Schubert's symphonies. He incorporates Wagnerian elements, but never at the cost of respect for traditional form. It is the perfect unity of the most progressive elements with tradition. It is really very simple how he develops what was already in Beethoven and Schubert. It's not anything like the crazy progressive ideas of Mahler.

>again, only reflective of the first 3 symphonies.
Programmaticism doesn't have to refer to an actual program being writ out to describe every little detail. What it means is that Mahler is conveying something extramusical, some spiritual struggle merchandise, at the expense of traditional symphonic form. And he has the trademarks of his programmatic predecessors.

>and bruckner,
Bruckner really could have been a symphony composer without Wagner. Wagner isn't actually fundamental to the structuring of his symphonies like he is to Mahler.

1/2
>>
>>122572124
>the 8th and das lied von der erde obviously are entirely vocal works and therefore exist somewhere in between symphony and cantata/oratorio/lieder
Wow almost like his 8th symphony is genre blending!

>LOL if you think divine simplicity exists in any composer past mozart.
Different types of simplicity exist. Beethoven's perfectly clear, large-scale designs for his symphonies are the very epitome of a divine simplicity.

>this is supposed to be coming from the same guy upholding brahms and bruckner as gold standards of the symphonic ideal?
Like I said, Brahms has some flaws as a symphonist, but he's nowhere near as bad as Mahler. And I see nothing 'neurotic' in Bruckner

>heaven forbid you hear the late beethoven string quartets.
Not symphony.

2/2
>>
>>122566905
Depends on the album
>>
Favorite recording of Bach organ works?
>>
>>122574650
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGYC9uYxhZ0
>>
>>122572598
lol, lmao, rofl even
>>122574476
>The fundamental direction of the Beethovenian symphony had been set by his later symphonies, plural, yes.
the seventh and eighth were written a full decade before the ninth, pretending as if there is any continuity between them like there is from the third to the eighth is laughably preposterous. and again, an obsession with the symphony when the missa solemnis and the consecration of the house both display the penchant for “going in any direction he wants”, as does much of the ninth and the late string quartets.
>Beethoven would never have had the nonsensical attitude of introducing chamber-like music into his symphonies
you can’t even define “chamber-like music”, you insufferable dipshit. there is more in common between the slow movement of the ninth and the heiliger dankgesang than there is between it and any other prior symphonic beethoven slow movement.
>The introduction of the latter would have been done in the same spirit of organisation as shown in his previous symphonies.
a meaningless statement based on an indefinable buzzword (spirit of organization? lmfao).
>Brahms actually admired some of Bruckner's music, and his negative judgement, coming from WITHIN the symphonic tradition
this is literally objectively false by every measure. brahms LOATHED bruckner’s music to an extreme. no other major composer has written anything as damning of another major composer as brahms’ “symphonic boa constrictors” essay. there was no mutual admiration between the two like you pretend, not even a little one.
>Bruckner was enlarging upon the direction set by Beethoven's and Schubert's symphonies. He incorporates Wagnerian elements, but never at the cost of respect for traditional form.
this shows just as much of a lack of understanding of bruckner as it does mahler. (1/?)
>>
File: ki2L7to.jpg (85 KB, 1076x1052)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
Holy shit Mahlerspergs are now posting 2 part essays. These threads are unreadable
>>
>>122574476
>>122574495
>>122576058
there is nothing schubert or beethoven ever wrote that is even slightly comparable to the slow movement of the 9th, or the fugal finale of the 5th. bruckner used the pretense of traditional form to build his own contrapuntal, harmonic, and formal style that was worlds apart from anything any other composer had accomplished at the time. yes, there are similarities between his motivic developmental style and brahms’, but the execution of form is so vastly different they could have been born centuries apart.
>It's not anything like the crazy progressive ideas of Mahler.
none of mahler’s “crazy progressive ideas” exist outside of any realm already defined by beethoven, wagner, schubert, or bruckner. again, maybe try listening to a mahler symphony past the 3rd, because it’s obvious you haven’t.
>Bruckner really could have been a symphony composer without Wagner.
LOL holy fuck you are RETARDED dude. bruckner couldn’t have been a composer PERIOD without wagner, he worshipped vagner like the goddamn W poster but without a pretense of irony. your stupid ass thinks that just because everything bruckner wrote can sort of fit into the categories of sonata form, scherzo form or double variation form and he liked counterpoint, he must a traditionalist like brahms. what a fucking dunce.
>What it means is that Mahler is conveying something extramusical, some spiritual struggle merchandise
such as? in which symphony past the 3rd? proof from mahler’s letters?
>And he has the trademarks of his programmatic predecessors.
what fucking trademarks? extended harmony? bruckner has it too. focus on lyricism over counterpoint and motivic cohesion? schubert has that. extended sonata forms? fucking beethoven has that. what the fuck are you smoking?
>Wow almost like his 8th symphony is genre blending!
heaven forbid, a single symphony. (2/?)
>>
>The Nine Splendid Stags
>only three movements
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux4OGCPpemM&list=OLAK5uy_mngDZhrq1XRFk3VqAUzOAimX1vMVL_TTo
>>
>>122574495
>>122576058
>>122576137
again, i’m asking you to define the programmatic elements in his instrumental symphonies; the 5th, 6th, 7th, 9th and 10th. you can’t because there are fucking none.
>Beethoven's perfectly clear, large-scale designs for his symphonies are the very epitome of a divine simplicity.
laughably retarded. beethoven’s music is immensely complex to the point of daring to fall apart at the seams. listen to the massive development and coda of the eroica and the first movement of the 9th, those movements are deliberately sprawling and complicated to an extreme.
>And I see nothing 'neurotic' in Bruckner
because you don’t know anything about bruckner. no one spent as much time revising and rewriting and re-rewriting their music as much as bruckner. comparatively, mahler is a saint, he only reorchestrated a handful of his symphonies and never pushed massive form-altering revisions that ended up muddying the waters on the definitive final intent on his works. bruckner was inarguably the most neurotic and obsessive composer to ever live.
>Not symphony.
again, an obsession with symphonic form and a bizarre delusion that there is some sort of grand divide between symphonic and chamber music.
>>122576115
oh i’m sorry, would you prefer 50 pages of thank you sister instead? we can go back to doing that if it’s what you want.
>>
>>122576230
>oh i’m sorry, would you prefer 50 pages of thank you sister instead? we can go back to doing that if it’s what you want.
it's the spam you retard, regardless of the number of words
>>
>>122576462
>it’s spam because i don’t like it!
lmao
>>
Bach
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLgrVdMbLLE&list=OLAK5uy_lmtniyt-lRcwd22nLI17U3c5Y1-n45M_0
>>
>>122576532
I want to believe it's impossible for someone to be so dumb they don't see "thank you sister" as spam
>>
>>122576944
I think the HIPocrite sister meant large posts about Mehler isn’t spam
>>
>>122576982
oh well then he's right.
>>
Why did Chopin dedicate op 64 no 2 to a Rothschild?
>>
>>122570120
https://youtu.be/VD0g_cfyJlk?feature=shared
>>
>>122577022
He just really liked him
>>
Any recommendation for a harmony book/treatise?
>>
File: Frederic_Chopin_photo.jpg (118 KB, 640x918)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>>122577022
Waltz? He even dedicated a Ballade to her, which is one of four of the greatest piano pieces
It's because Rothschilds were patrons, but Chopin was also Charlotte's teacher. It's how he made money, only other choice for a musician was poverty.
>>
File: 1714006070970835.jpg (94 KB, 850x850)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
Monteverdi where have you been all my life...
>>
Janniecheck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpDQiBBM1G4&list=OLAK5uy_ktCFsH0XJRrXq5BgL-XK8mpGUV11N0WD8
>>
Scarlatti > Couperin > Rameau > Padre Soler > b*ch and every germ*id composor
>>
give me some recs for recordings of Saint-Saens' Mon cœur s'ouvre à ta voix
>>
>>122578723
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pM4zEcuOMr8
>>
stop skipping repeats
>>
SixtyNining to Shostakovich
>>
>>122580686
Only tryhards skip them.
I wish there were more repeats honestly. There are so many great moments everywhere - that deserve repeats.
>>
>>122528122
>Listen to more Russian music. Try Rachmaninoff's Concerto 2, Tchaikovsky's Concerto 2 and Symphony 6

I did so. Really liked Rachmaninoff's Concerto 2 and Tchaikovsky Concerto 1, but Symphony 6 alternates heavily between very loud and very quiet and I find it annoying to have to constantly change volume since I usually listen to music in a mildly noisy environment (when I'm cooking, walking on the street etc.). Should I listen to more baroque in the likes of Vivaldi? Or what else would you recommend?
>>
>>122581821
>but Symphony 6 alternates heavily between very loud and very quiet and I find it annoying to have to constantly change volume
What recording?
>>
>>122581881
Karajan, Wiener Philharmoniker. Is this just his style? I would say I had a similar impression about another composition (that I know I like) conducted by him. It would be a shame, since the guy was kind of based I guess?
>>
>>122581959
Karajan was terrible at conducting russian works.
>>
>>122582050
What recording would you recommend?
>>
Buggering to Beethoven
>>
>>122582084
Paavo Jarvi with the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra
Daniele Gatti with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
Riccardo Muti with the Philharmonia Orchestra
Mitroupolus with the New York Philharmonic
>>
>>122582262
Damn, it's impressive that you know several recordings of the same works, and which ones are better or worse. Thank you. Also, FWIW, I've listened to Ashkenazy's and Bronfman's Rachmaninoff.
>>
do slavesloppers really
>>
Rough Sex to Rossini
>>
handholding to Pachelbel >///<
>>
>>122582375
the joke was funny until this twat tried his hand at it, now it’s gay
>>
>>122582321
breh, i just googled them
>>
>>122582928
That's impressive google work nonetheless
>>
does anyone here compose?
if so what kind of stuff
>>
Now Playing - Bach, J.S. Violin Sonatas Nos. 1, 2 & 6 / Bach, C.P.E.: Violin Sonata in C Minor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJxGQEQf7is&list=OLAK5uy_mDPULdAHjjQ3Rz1teS9uSDEnVAkgKfTZU&index=8
>>
>>122582928
If so how would you know they're better than Karajan's?
>>
Andante - Scherzo or Scherzo - Andante for Mahler 6?
I've been a proponent of S - A for a while but recently Schwarz's recording has swayed me a bit in the other direction
>>
>>122583503
almost anyone is better than karajan at conducting tchaikovsky
>>
>>122583772
scherzo-andante obviously. which schwarz did andante-scherzo?
>>
>>122583933
with the Royal Liverpoor Philharmonic, at least it was as such in the 2009 release
>>
>>122583058
I wrote a ln F# Minor fantasia and fugue once
>>
>>122583951
gerard schwarz? why would you give a shit about anything he has to say?
>>
>>122583966
well he doesn't say anything he just conducts the orchestra
>>
>>122583971
i don’t see how his conducting would be worth any more salt than his words.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (218 KB, 1280x720)
218 KB
218 KB JPG
>>122565115
What's the best Handel compilation CD? At the very least it NEEDS to have Lascia ch'io pianga + Ombra mai fù. Messiah is totally optional since I can easily get quality versions of that on its own. Everything I've listened to with both of those songs/arias has been just a little... "off", whether in terms of quality or tempo or something else.
>>
>>122584587
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vENueVDKeE
>>
Why did Verdi compulsively fill his operas with banal marches? Even in a tragedy like Macbeth ... it's hard to take his work seriously because of it.
>>
File: 0031189373_10.jpg (204 KB, 900x1200)
204 KB
204 KB JPG
Thoughts on Lithuanian composer Justina Jaruseviciute?
>>
>>122586573
>modern
>woman
>lithuanian
I think I'm gonna pass thank you.
>>
>>122586698
(pass only on her music btw)
>>
>>122583889
Who was he a good conductor of? The guy seems pretty famous.
>>
>>122586573
terrible photo, uglier woman. the fact that you chose to post it instead of her music tells me how relevant it is to you (not at all).
>>122586805
karajan achieved the fame he did because he managed to land himself in a position of major power (principal conductor of the berlin phil succeeding fartwrangler, effective head of the salzburg festival, the closest thing the vienna phil had to a subscription conductor post-WWII) in a time period where germany was suffering a major power vacuum from being decimated in the second world war. he turned that position into an entire name brand backed by his trademark sound. whether or not said sound is appropriate (or even good) for the music he chose to conduct is a completely different conversation.
>>
Why did Mendelssohn and Wagner dislike Schubert's chamber music when Schumann and Liszt adored it?
>>
>>122587451
Wagner and Liszt's opinions should be ignored. Former is overcritical, latter is uncritical. Schumann can be trusted, Mendelssohn is still a jew.
>>
>>122586698
Modern refers to the 20th century.
>>122586805
Overall? German composers.
But he's lackluster when it comes to Russian music. He made the best recording of Prélude à l'après-midi d'un faune.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym6TKJWWJAQ
>>
>>122587485
>Former is overcritical
Except when talking about Bach, Mozart or Beethoven.
>>
>>122587680
>he's lackluster when it comes to Russian music
Why?
>>
>>122587775
the science™, the experts and fact checkers all agree
>>
>>122586805
>Who was he a good conductor of?
R. Strauss
Sibelius
Honegger (symphonies 2 & 3)
His recording of Haydn's Creation is the reference recording.
He made surprisingly good recordings of Second Viennese School.
Some like his Bruckner and Mahler ...
>>
>>122586573
Post a piece by her
>>
Wagner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijo4EH6aY6U
>>
>>122588378
surprisingly definitive list of every good karajan recording
>>
>>122587451
Wagner and Liszt's opinions should be heavily scrutinized. Former was the last true man on this earth, latter was the greatest pianist. Schumann should have been shot against a wall, Mendelssohn was a jew.
>>
File: RichardWagner.jpg (291 KB, 1200x1663)
291 KB
291 KB JPG
Wagner, the master of language, the mythologist and myth-maker, the philosopher, historian, aesthetician and critic, poet of previous societies, who has made simple dramas new again, and clarified the place of the arts in human culture, and understood the values of the past, and who has for the first time encircled the entire structure in one ring, and engraved the runes of his spirit on it - what an abundance of knowledge he had to accumulate and compile, in order to accomplish all this! And yet the magnitude of the task never daunted him, nor did the details and the beauty distract him.
>>
>>122589005
epic
>>
schoenberg is shit and no one listens to him, they only talk about him
he's the apotheosis of theoryfags and music critics
>>
Offenbach
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixyEUmq9z2Q
>>
>>122589354
listening to his violin concerto right now
>>
>>122583964
did you study music?
>>
>>122585955
this
>>
>>122589016
Is that Nietzsche?
>>
Leifs
>>
Leifs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AQ24wuylqI
>>
Vivaldi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNhkTtShB7o
>>
>>122588623
wait did he turn into a girl or what
>>
>>122589572
proofs?
>>
Hello plebs. The Aryan Music pastebin has just been updated with a number of new pieces and fixed links.
https://pastebin.com/NW0BruEd

Also, reminder to check out our Aryan Art threads:
>>>/pol/472664512
https://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/472664512
>>
>>122589834
Fuck outta /classical/ faggot
>>
>>122589777
what, you want a screenshot?
>>
is mahler the worst melodist of all times?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.