[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 327324.jpg (97 KB, 1400x1400)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
I have been trying to figure out why the song Firestarter by Prodigy is heavier than any metal song ever written.

I cant figure if its the heavier more aggressive sounding drums, the fact they made the lyrics actually understandable and focused on the attitude of what the lyrics say or the fact that the band looks like they would kick the shit out of any metal band.

Why is it so /mu?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmin5WkOuPw&ab_channel=TheProdigy
>>
try listening to more metal and more dance music before posting again
>>
>>122709844

what dance music is heavier than prodigy?
>>
>>122709782
I heard a version of this the other day where it was sang by someone like the ratpack. Frank's second name is eluding me lmfao. Brain fog. Anyone know who was singing it? Sounded cool. Love the original track too. It's not that heavy it's just put together well and the video accompanies the music well, giving it the hard, horror feel.
>>
>>122709852
Ummm 5ive, slam dunk da funk is heavy as fuck
>put it in and pull it out
>slaaam dunk ya mum
>>
It's because they're British
>>
>>122709782

its hearing lower class Midlands accents. Same phenomonon as Sleaford mods
>>
>>122709782
WDYM it's more funky than metal imo fr dog.
>>
>>122710273
>Midlands accents.
he's from london/essex
>>
>>122709782
Sounds like it’s from run Lola run
>>
it's disrespectful to the american flag
>>
>>122709782
You have low testosterone and were likely born the wrong gender. That's the answer
>>
>>122712058
amerifats will say anything when they see a britbong being cool for 3 minutes
>>
It’s the drums.
See: Aphex Twin - Come to Daddy, also from that era.
>>
No song in the world bumps on car speakers like this one though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCM_4J6xdKg&list=PLfRyXvmYdZTrgSKBqCTme9fUFgE1VlEXU&index=3
>>
>>122713867
that was the first song i played in high school after installing a sub in my hoopty. what a time to be alive
>>
>>122713890
based
>>
>>122709782
It isn't. You sound like one of those people who has a retarded notion of what heavy is.
>>
>>122709782
it was the culmination of a cool 2 year period after Jilted where their live show became legendary and they started headlining a lot of big euro festivals and could bring all the tribal subcultures present (metalheads, punks, indie kids, ravers, normies etc) together for a wild party.
It was a different crowd than the dance scene they came up in, more moshpit than dancefloor. Firestarter was made specifically for that big festival moshpit crowd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inu0xeteuxg
>>
>>122710092
>someone like the ratpack. Frank's second name is eluding me lmfao

like Frank Sinatra?

One I can think of is Torre Florim from De Staat's version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPI3b9iPSN0
>>
>>122709782
based and true
>>
>>122709782
i don't know when it comes to electronic music but industrial metal has so much aggressive songs than that lol
>>
>dancer is the most popular band member
>>
>>122714132

Nooo it’s not heavy unless some spoilt kid is screaming into his microphone while his other spoilt friend bangs his feet as fast as possible against his expensive drum kit. You are the one who needs to learn what heavy is…
>>
>>122716031
>listens to trap once
>>
>>122709782
I don't agree with Firestarter being heavier than any metal song—mainly because I think any of the other Flint-featured songs from that album are heavier. But there's still some truth behind your impression.

Many metal subgenres aim for a heavy, but crude, and purposefully dirty sound that overwhelms the listener, in a similar way to how noise music "electrocutes" your brain. By contrast, The Prodigy carry their sound carefully and make sure the harsh textures don't obstruct elements like the bassline or the drums. They still achieve that rough sound they yearn for, but in a more friendly manner. Moreover, since the production is nice, your ears don't get tired of their sound as quickly, which means you can then replay it repeatedly and don't get sick of it. Finally, Flint's personality, along with Howlett's ear for catchy tunes, assure The Prodigy's massive success at making people lose their minds on the dance floor.
>>
>>122716740
Okay chatgpt
>>
>>122710296

I cant make out the difference in brit accents. All I can distinguish is Cockney, Geordie or Norf FC. Everything else I lump into Midlands.
>>
>>122717090
Hmmmm... Maybe I should ask ChatGPT if my text was too robotic.
>>
so what industrilal/electronic whatever genre to listen if i want something similar to Breathe?
>>
>>122716740

Couldn’t agree more.
>>
>>122717625

Also metal is just copying and all sounds cliche, prodigy was original, it’s so much heavier when it’s a band creating its own new sound.
>>
>>122717126
it's scottish, upper class english and lower class english that's all that matters

>oi gov wot bout my particular accent m8?

it's one of the three.
>>
>>122716031
legit stupid post
>>
>>122709782
did this guy die recently?

did he have some sobriety thing?
>>
>>122717925

Yes he was legit hardcore type of guy so lived a rough life which is also part of what makes it so much heavier than some spoilt rich kid in his metal band.
>>
>>122718187
fuck off cunt dick with your poseur posts
>>
>>122709782

it isn't
>>
>>122717725
>prodigy was original

>>122716031
>>122718187
these kind of begrudging remarks show more interest on the person than on the music itself. Sad
>>
>>122718231
>>122718276
>>122718295

Why does it bother you so much that metal bands are fake posers who don’t actually live hard lives and when it gets pointed out people in other genres live much harder lives you get fully triggered?
>>
I remember there was a video breaking down all the samples that went into making one of their songs. Absolute kino.

https://youtu.be/eU5Dn-WaElI?si=gRWjNvjZqw0BxZKH
Listened to the song my entire life and had no idea they were sampling Rage
>>
>>122718517

Also it’s impossible to write actual heavy music unless you lived a hard life which is why the only metal band that could actually anything heavy was black sabbath. Prodigy is still heavier than them though as they could add in a wider sonic array of sounds due to technological progress.
>>
>>122718571

Holy shit, mind=blown, how the fuck do you come up with mixing all those random parts of such different songs, fuck with them so much and end up with something so amazing.
No wonder nobody else sounds like the prodigy, their main writer is a freak.
>>
>>122718605
>>122718517
>the poorfag cope
>>
>>122718571
>promoting your myspace
An oldie

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.