[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

SCUZE ME WHILE I WRITE NO GOOD SONGS
>>
true. it was all hippy jamming garbage
>>
>>122765970
why do people act like this guy was important or influential in any way
>>
>>122765970
Based
>>
>>122766784
because he played the guitar with his teeth or set it on fire or something at woodstock in front of stoned boomers who thought it was the coolest thing ever and they never shut up about it.
>>
>>122766784
agreed!! lol i hate these boomer musicians who just fiddled around on guitars, i dnt think ive ever heard one jimi hendrix song on the radio, guy stinks
>>
>>122767201
I know!! Guy never did anything to popularize or advance psychedelic rock music in any lasting way. What a fag, truly. Stupid stoner smooth brain hippie if you ask me
>>
>>122767201
his most popular song is a cover.
says a lot
>>
>>122765970
yeah I never got the Hendrix meme either. I even really like blues and jamming music but his stuff is just boring for some reason.
>>
Patti Smith wrote a song about that guy https://youtu.be/b1o68h4Usqs?si=yRU0S1xVQutkwril
>>
Hendrix vs Clapton vs Green vs Harrison

Who wins?
>>
File: Lynne.jpg (120 KB, 514x514)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>122768317
trick question
the answer is Jeff Lynne
>>
>>122768352
Lynn would lose to Roy Wood even
>>
>>122765970
amazing that he still makes people seethe after 54 years. it's like nothing new has been release in a half-century that is worth talking about.
>>
>>122768317
Jeff Beck
>>
>>122768550
more like nothing he ever did was worth talking about for 54 years
>>
>>122765970
My fucking sides
Hendrix fags get the rope
>>
>>122765970
Trust fund band
>>
>>122766784
Can't tell if people are so bored out of their wits that they get a kick out of just reposting bait shit over and over again or if they're really that dumb

Hendrix was an amazing musician and guitar player. His songs don't just have guitar parts, it's like an ocean of layers floating around and blending into each other, occasionally splashing a motif here and there, then disappearing again.

He created this incredible fluid way of articulating rock songs that never existed before and that everyone after him tried to copy and it sounded like some awkward ripoff.

Hendrix is one of the peaks of rock music, he's maybe the only guy who managed to make guitar virtuosity not sound masturbatory and technical, but exploratory in a sonic adventure to other realms sort of way.

From a musical point of view he was more innovative than the Stones, Led Zep, Doors and many other "great" bands. He was fearless in terms of integrating any experimental sounds in songs that were for a mass audience. Today it might sound long-winded and boring if you listen to his live albums, because he was trying a lot of things, always variating something, because our attention span unfortunately has been poisoned by the digital era. We no longer have the patience to listen to that kind of music.

But some of his songs still sound great even after almost 60 years. Wind Cries Mary, Hey Joe, Voodoo Chile, but also the phenomenal covers he did All Along the Watchtower and Like a Rolling Stone are just unmatched to this day and they made even Dylan change how he played his own songs, because he realised Jimi saw a better song in there that he failed to see
>>
>>122769343
>Today it might sound long-winded and boring if you listen to his live albums, because he was trying a lot of things, always variating something, because our attention span unfortunately has been poisoned by the digital era.
Kek imagine not having the patience to listen
>>
>>122769343
I ain’t readin that shit nigga
>>
He did write a few great timeless songs:

Little Wing
The Wind Cries Mary
Purple Haze

But he has a ton of rather dime a dozen classic blues songs that today sound really hackneyed.
He was more of a great guitar expressionist rather than a songwriter.
Those few great songs he wrote though are among the few hundred greatest songs of all time in popular music, though.
>>
It just sounds like meaningless guitar masturbation I don't wanna list the Jimothy masturbate
>>
>>122768550
Only the insecure and triggered mistake mockery for seething
>>
>autistic fat soijak is samefagging his thread again cause spamming /mu/ is his entire life
>>
>>122769343
So, he's the Olivia Rodrigo of guitar. Got it. Still doesn't have any albums that measure up to, say, Brat.
>>
>>122772429
I didn't make this thread. I posted a picture of myself yesterday in a thread you were posting in and all of this attempt at calling my morbidly obese was totally absent lol
>>
>>122768352
Based Jeffposter
>>
>>122765970
Samefag thread.
>>
>>122773119
I wasn't here yesterday. I know you were, cause this board is your entire life
>>
>>122773204
yes you were nico tranny
>>
File: 1719100205904746.png (867 KB, 1080x1580)
867 KB
867 KB PNG
well dont just stare at it
eat it

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.