[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_20240222_165314.jpg (156 KB, 1078x616)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
Have you ever defended yourself against a car while cycling?

I've considered executing U-lock justice a few times and knocking off a mirror or something, but it seems like a good way to go to jail or get killed.

Recommendations? Stories?
>>
I've had... I mean "witnessed" a couple of altercations over tens of thousands of miles and many many years. I recommend not taking any of it personally. I know it can be hard. U-lock might feel good but the best possible outcome is you escape and nothing happens. You might get assaulted or killed, you might get arrested.

I'm not going to put any stories about things I "witnessed" on 4chan, because I have no knowledge or control over what every party to the incident may or may not have done afterwards. Just saying if there were still open investigations into any unsolved incidents, my statements about any real life incidents that I might have "witnessed" could potentially be misconstrued and get someone in trouble even if they are completely blameless. You know how pigs can be. If you don't you better figure it out before you really fuck yourself over.
>>
>>1981395
a few hints:
smash the mirror top down to cause damage, not from the front or rear, it will just fold.
carry something hard and somewhat sharp. If you can reach over with a screwdriver or ceramic shard they weren't switching lanes before overtaking.
Also cagers all act stunned and dumbfounded as soon as something opens the door and has a go. As soon as the power the allmighty machine lent the motor dependent degenerate is not at play anymore even the most obnoxious motorcripple becomes the most pathetic and insecure you've ever seen a 'human being'.
>>
File: 1663341562330688.jpg (20 KB, 480x360)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
get a job son
>>
>>1981395
I use an EMP device which has the added benefit of disabling dentists’ etap and Di2
>>
>>1981395
>vegan
Get a gun and try yelling at a cop so he puts you out of your misery.
>>
>>1981395
My best defence up to date is smilling at cagers. Honk at me and you get the biggest grin.
You wouldnt believe how much rage you can generate in some fat slob in his car by simply looking back at him and showing the world how much fun you have.
>>
>>1981395
Smashing mirrors with a lock is not "defending yourself", just like you can't shoot random people who piss you off.
>>
>>1981395
Just gently touch their car. Light tap with open palm or fingertips.
Seriously, it's that easy to send most of them off the handle. And it's perfectly legal (at least in my jurisdiction).
If anyone asks, I'm "making sure the driver knows I'm there" so they don't door me or pull out of their "parking spot" in the bike lane while I pass.
>>
Put a small wad of shoe goo on the side of your shoe and embed a small round shard of broken ceramic in it, then you can just stick out your foot and barely brush against cars to leave deep paint gouges
>>
>The penalties associated with failing to remain at the scene of an accident are significant in Ontario: A fine between $400 and $2,000. 7 demerit points. Possible imprisonment for up to six months
>>
>>1981544
writing this down
>>
>>1981544
Imagine believing all this and then wondering why anyone would hate cyclists and want them off the roads
>>
>>1981543
Reminds me of knocking on a ladies car, when she cut me off. Shw went absolutely balistic, went into road rage mode, window down, autistic screeching about how 'I rode into her car'. It must be the exhaust fumes.
>>
>>1981404
3pbp
>>
>>1981395
bring a gun
simple as
>t. texas
>>
>>1981544
Wouldn't a razor blade be better? I haven't tried this, so I wouldn't know for sure.
>>
>>1981595
>Wouldn't a razor blade be better
One type of vandalism is to take a hammer/brick/etc and break off the ceramic insulating sleeve on an old spark plug. Those pieces of ceramic are very hard, and very sharp.

I'm sure you can find videos of people tossing them at auto glass, and it just shreds it. I've heard them called "wizard rocks" before. Where I used to live, homeless/druggies would break into vehicles that way.
Apart from the constant crime, it was a vibrant black neighborhood lol
>>
>>1981595
Use ceramic. Are you living under a rock ? Your razor blade won't do much, dull quickly and is a danger to yourself and other humans.
>>
>>1981395
why lefites (aka. retards) have uncontrollable urge to break things they don't like?
and yet they wonder why nobody listens to them what they are trying say (no matter how incomprehensible it might be) along with treating them like shit.
is some from sado-masochism or just lizard brain belief that if they act like a violent nigger then "somebody" "will" "listen" ?
maybe it's simpler than that, maybe after they some pot with glass shards grown on fertilizer mixed toilet cleaner their brain just works "differently" and is unable to coexist with other entities of their species that do not exhibit violent, chimp-like behavior pretending to be in constant state of emergency?
>>
>>1981724
>is unable to coexist with other entities of their species that do not exhibit violent, chimp-like behavior pretending to be in constant state of emergency?
Are you describing people who rage because someone riding a different vehicle is "blocking" them so they try to intimidate or push them off the road?
>>
>>1981732
have you even paid taxes to build this road?
>>
>>1981724
Cageoid: Attempt and often succeed to literally murder people because they do not like them for not making the same unexcuseable choice as they do regarding personal mobility.
Also cageoids: Equate a scratch to disabling damage.
It must be the exhaust fumes.
>>
File: Ruger LCR 22_revolver.jpg (42 KB, 550x572)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>1981395
>Recommendations?

Ruger LCR revolver, 13.5-17.1oz and available in:

.22 LR
.22 Mag
.38 Special
.357 Mag
9mm Luger
.327 Mag
>>
an lcp max is pretty compact is like 300 bucks
a taurus g3c can be had for even less
get a belly band holster
>>
>>1981777
The problem is the system. Judges for example, aswell as jury members, tend to be cageoids themselves. And betraying ones own mental ability is a strong part of the human condition. They'll do whatever mental gymnastics needed or even just refuse admitting defeat only so they can get away with not admitting certain behaviour is wrong and permits the use of force in self defence. This is largely because, intentional or mot, such behaviours are part of their daily lives and comfortable habits that they've become accustomed to. Convenient thoughts are one of the worst, if not the one single most dangerous, enemies of rational thought.
Defending yourself using a potentially lethal weapon in such cases will end your ass in jail fast. They'll rather send the innocent to jail than have the moraliry of their own behaviour challenged.
>>
File: 7kyokf2a5uic1.jpg (363 KB, 1080x1920)
363 KB
363 KB JPG
>>1981767
Cyclists: property damage is justified whenever I think it should be, including significant body damage and slashing tires
also cyclists: I don't understand why motorists hate us so much
>>
Was slightly drunk on the way home tonight and there was a pickup truck badly blocking the sidewalk. I really wanted to smash a window but there were no rocks nearby so I just took that a sign to move on
>>
>>1982137
>>1982137
riding a bike while drunk is really fun
>>
Are caltrops even illegal? I mean like, all I did was drop it.. he's the one that drove over it. What crime did I commit? Littering?
>>
>>1981767
>It must be the exhaust fumes.
exhaust fumes are really clean these days, so the point is moot
>>
>>1981732
>push them off the road
i wish drivers actually did this. the /n/igger menace would be over in a day.
>>
>>1982446
huff moar
>>
>>1982140
Yeah it's all fun and games until the liquor makes you overconfident and wow you should do this more often and you realize you can do all kinds of cool stunts you didn't know you could do, and next thing you know you're in the ER with a bunch of broken bones. Not that this would happen to someone responsible like me, just saying you get desensitized to riding drunk until one day your luck runs out and you're just glad you didn't die
>>
>>1982436
>Guns don't kill people
>>
>>1982464
CALLING ALL PRUDES!
CALLING ALL PRUDES!

PRUDES, WAGE YER GRIEVANCES HERE
>>
>>1982067
Smashing a mirror when a cageoid trys to run you over is self-defense by sane definition. Unfortunately, most judges aren't sane.
>>
>>1982501
>>
>>1982558
i meant to say whiny faggots, sorry
>>
>>1982067
>>1982067
they hate you because you've inconvenicned them. they have to slow down and pass cautiously to get around you, and that causes them to get upset, and often times will just stomp on the gas and pass you closely. very few motorists have experienced vandalism from cyclists, very few motorists have ever even thought of such a thing.
>>
File: skatedog.jpg (57 KB, 1024x751)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>1981395
One time some old Chinese guy honked his horn at me when I was skateboarding in the bike lane. I followed him home a short distance and asked why he honked at me. After he denied doing it, I told him that I wrote down his address, and that if I ever saw him honk in our neighborhood again, I'd burn his house down at night.

He tried to yell at me but I immediately raised my voice and yelled over him, not even listening. His legs were shaking lol. I should've kicked his ass but there were people standing outside watching and I didn't want to catch a charge.
>>
>>1983336
Based, thank you for your service, skatedog.
>>
>>1981586
Too bad cagie. Try writing your congressman about getting bikes off the road lel
>>
>>1982436
This is very bad reasoning. By commenting this in this thread you have made clear to everyone what you already knew: You'd be wanting to do so with the intention of causing at least a nuissance if not damage. So depending on your jurisdiction the legal crimes you commit cover things as property damage, dangerous disruption of traffic, attempted or realised manslaughter or murder and so on. Someone else doing the wrong thing, comitting a crime or both should not make you imitate their behaviour.
Also be aware that you're not exactly making a murdercage safer by suddenly causing its tires to deflate, you'd be putting humans, other than the occupants, at considerable risk.
>>
>>1981395
why do none of you people own guns?
if someone swerves at you that should give you the right to end their life, or at least scare them off
>>
The easy way to look at it is give yourself options, and then avoid direct physical contact. Like don't kid yourself, yelling at someone in a car is fine but keep in the back of your mind that they are driving a two thousand pound brick of metal and many of them are perpetually angry while doing so, so give yourself an out when possible.

As far as I gear I usually have pepper spray, some kind of sharp 'get off me' implement, and often times a pocket revolver on me anyway. It is much easier to remain cool and level headed in a situation when you have the ability to take back control or safety rapidly.
>>
Can't we all just be nice to each other?
>>
>>1981395
>Cycling self defense

Is that when you unhinged lunatics pretend laws and physics don't apply to you and chimp out when you almost run into a car?

One of you freaks tried that after running into my brothers car and he ended up walking home after his bike tire got ran over.
>>
File: right-hook.jpg (17 KB, 584x646)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>1983847
>pretend laws and physics don't apply to you and chimp out when you almost run into a car
it's easier to not run into cars when those cars are driven by people with situational awareness
>>
File: IntersectionLeftTurn.png (35 KB, 959x719)
35 KB
35 KB PNG
>>1983850
>>1983847
another fan favorite is when you swerve across traffic to try and t-bone us and then go "they came outta nowhere!!! one minute I'm checking 'waze' and the next there's blood and screaming!!"
>>
File: door.jpg (146 KB, 1128x546)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
Technically, dooring a cyclist is illegal if you read the laws in most places, but what actually happens is the police charge the person on the bike with "disorderly conduct" and apologize to the cager for the inconvenience
>>
>>1983853

Based.
>>
>>1983846
As sokn as the motorists are in the camps.
>>
>>1981395
Get a job, save up and buy a car
>>
>>1983888
Post paystub
>>
>>1981777
>this

Ride in the proper bike lane
Get helmet
Get some high viz
Get a fanny pack
Put a gun in it

I prefer the m&p shield plus. 9mm in 10, 13, and 15 round capacity mags
>>
>>1982140
>>1982464
I am the liquor
>>
>>1981395
Bear spray. Also Cliff bars are yuppie sucker shit.
>>
>>1981762
Not him, but I do. They are my number one cost of living. I effectively work for the government. They constantly threaten to steal my home for 1/100th of its value for what I don't owe to raise other people children. So the sooner you get your statist, commie faggot world destroying apparatus outta of the way of my bike, as I'd my vehicle doesn't even need a road, all the better.
>>
>>1984257
You sound like a fuckin schizo, what is the government forcing you to adopt black kids or something?
>>
>>1984257
I thought rightoids were all about forcing >thinkuhthechildren down everyone's throats 24/7, now all of a sudden it takes a village isn't cool anymore? What happened? Tradwife larper on onlyfans turned down your request to meet in person?
>>
>>1984259
My family has owned this property for 50 years. Yuppies have hijacked my towns middle class image, and use taxes to steal the land from original residents. 60% of my property taxes go to county schools in one of the wealthiest counties in america. This house hasn't had a child inn county schools for 27 years.

>>1984300
It was never cool. The party has been squatted since they suddenly wanted smaller government when they couldn't use it anymore to bully blacks. There is no such thing as a "social conservative". They are just commies who aren't smart enough to know they are commies.
>>
>>1981395
Not against a car, no.
I guess the best thing is just:
-your head on a swivel,
-maybe a rear view mirror,
-750-1100 W to accelerate hard out of bad positions,
-strong brakes,
-ppe like helmets, motorcycle gear, and/or those airbag vests, and
>>1981593
>>1981777
>>1981846
>>1983964
Get a proper pistol (≥15 rounds 9mm) and put a lanyard on it.
>>
I would ride away. I am already on a bike, and can probably dip onto a bike trail or do a 360 outta there.
A chain lock could be good, wrapped around your arm and bashed into someone, or choking them.
>>
>>1981395
just take a can of bear mace with you
leaves a nice trail for the bloke/dog behind you
>>
>>1982554
>Smashing a mirror when a cageoid trys to run you over is self-defense by sane definition
Stop trying to lie to yourself and others. Drivers don't go out of their way to try and run you over, and it's childish to entertain the idea. At best they aren't paying attention, at worst you're being obnoxious and they're trying to get away. Stop posting stuff that hurts the movement.
>>
>>1982554
It's not self defense, it's retaliation. It doesn't achieve anything beyond escalating your situation, and, maybe but probably not, some catharsis.

>>1987953
>Stop trying to lie to yourself and others. Drivers don't go out of their way to try and run you over, and it's childish to entertain the idea. At best they aren't paying attention, at worst you're being obnoxious and they're trying to get away. Stop posting stuff that hurts the movement.

Yeah obviously the main danger from drivers is inattention. Drivers don't try to run you over, but i have experienced several times, reckless disregard for my safety, in the form of deliberate close passes and others. This is a serious crime, it's not quite 'deliberately running me over' it's more akin to a threat, but it can go wrong and cause a real accident, it's like brandishing a gun at someone and then accidentally shooting them. It's a serious crime if it goes wrong.
>>
When I was younger I punched straight through the windows on a couple of cars after they purposefully ran me off the road. Car windows are pretty hard though, it really fucks up your knuckles.

These days I just yell at them, doing physical stuff is really no good unless they actually get out and start fighting.
>>
>>1987953
Once main st was backed up and moving slowly. It has a bike lane. Jealousy strikes and the young men in the car decide to block the bike lane. Their turn ended up being 200m ahead. If they really were innocent, why gives me the finger?
>>
>>1981404
Personaly I got more problems with dog owners than car drivers.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (143 KB, 1280x720)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
>>1982140
Based, our bike shop's mechanic rides drunk daily - man he's fast!
>>1988024
Being afraid of dogs is a sign of you being brown. Nigger
>>
>>1988043
Fuck you you selfish fuck. Keep your meat toy on a fucking leash and next to your leg.
>>
>>1981402
>as soon as something opens the door and has a go
That's assault. Now it's Glock time.
>>
>>1981395
Not sure I would call it defence but I've broken mirrors and tail lights of cars parked in bike lanes. Oh an one time a ute overtook me very quickly and shouted something like "fuck off fag" but I caught up in the lights and broke his mirror with my lock, then hightailed it back throught the sidewalk.
>>
>>1988146
Glock owners are too stupid to defend themselves. They're more likely to shoot themselves on accident. They always screw it up somehow
>>
>>1988024
Carry pepper spray
>>
>>1981535
Yeah I was about to say OP is simply trying to get shot while legally being at fault. The city will celebrate your death.
>>
>>1988043
is he ok

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.