[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Gigachad.jpg (4 KB, 300x168)
4 KB
4 KB JPG
Speed limits shouldn't apply to cyclists. Even if I could reach 60mph on my bike, it'd still be infinitely less dangerous than a car going 25.
>>
Is it possible for cyclists to go two sentences without complaining about cars?
>>
>>1986890
op doesn't speak for most of us. this board just attracts a lot of whiny little brats whose supposed love of bicycles is really just a rebellion because mommy wouldn't buy them a car. as soon as they can afford one of their own they'll become just as militantly anti-bike
>>
Do speed limits even effectively apply to bikes? As if anyone would enforce it lmao
>>
>>1986891
Not quite right I'm whiny because I have a suspended license.
>>
>>1986911
I know someone who once got pulled over on a bike at a speed check but they let him go on account of bikes don't have a spedometer
>>
>>1986947
we need to get evangelical christians on the case. bicyclists riding around SPEEDING with out spedometers on thier bikes. won't somebody think of the children?!
>>
>>1986911
They don't unless you have an electric bike that run at 45km/h. Other rules are the same as a car.
>>
>>1986891
>projection
>>
>>1987004
just because you are a child living under the strict supervision of parental units doesn't mean everyone else here is. adults can choose. I chose the no-car option. most of the time, I walk and bike and take transit. on rare occasions I'll use uber or lyft, and on even rarer occasions I will rent a car. I don't expect everyone else to have my priorities. I think people should be allowed to do what makes them happy as long as it isn't hurting me.

you'll understand these things when you grow up. you are free to have a car if that's what you like. nobody is forcing you to have a car if that's not what you like.
>>
>>1987009
Lol

Ok faggot
>>
cops only seem to run speed traps on the interstate. on the roads bikes ride on, they never ticket cars for speeding, failure to signal, no headlights, or really anything so why would they bother with bikes?
a pissy cop ticketed me for no light (in the daytime lol) but the judge instantly threw it out when he heard the word "bicycle" like he was bothered that it even came before him in the first place
>>
Here in the UK loads of roads are going down to 20 and car drivers are starting to get salty that bikes are constantly overtaking them. Absolutely delicious
>>
>>1987041
Nothing makes the bikecuck happier than government abusing its power to make sure everyone else is just as miserable as they are.
>>
>>1987041
Perhaps I should consider moving there once I have enough money saved.
>>
File: modele-mpdp1-300x300.png (60 KB, 300x300)
60 KB
60 KB PNG
I love triggering sad faces on these thigs. They're usually located in residential 30km/h areas, so it's piss easy. 60 in 30 zone? Worth the sweat.
>>
getting assblasted by cagers is such a babby cyclist move. they're just cars. having an aneurysm over every single one of them is going to just ruin your rides. but most of you don't ride, so that probably explains how you have the emotional bandwidth to get consistently triggered by everyday objects.
>>
>>1987322
You're an asshole.
>>
>>1986882
I live in Japan, bicycles don't have speed limits even in places where cars have limits, because a speedometer is not a required equopment on a bicycle, it would be unfair for them to expect to comply.
>>
Based
>>
In Germany, speed limits only apply to motorized vehicles.
>>
>>1988000
This. I constantly go 60km/h+ in 30km/h zones. Downhill of course. I once even got stopped by the police and they told me to go slower but couldnt do anything about it after i asked them. I just told them that i dont have a speedometer and just went on with my day.
>>
>>1986882
i break speed limits on my bike all the time
i go over 40 in 30 zones regularly
>>
>>1986891
i have a car
i take my bike whenever possible because you like licking the smeg from the oil industries cock
>>
>>1986911
theoretically if you were riding dangerously in front of a cop they might try to get you for it but itd have to be more than just speed youd have to be doing something really really retarded
and the cops would have to be bored enough to pull over a cyclist
assuming they could even catch you lol
>>
I agree, but I do also think that if you get into an accident or collision that harms other people or property while speeding the punishments should be the same as if you were driving a car.
>>
>>1986890
As a trainchad, I hate bikers but Cagies are simply the worst. I know exactly who I would murder if I had a time machine.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.