[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_7268.jpg (122 KB, 746x746)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
What cities in Asia have the best bike lane networks? Singapore?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (295 KB, 1280x720)
295 KB
295 KB JPG
Japan seems to get by alright without them. On the opposite end, Thailand went all-in on the PBL concept with the 23.5km designated "Sky Lane" (pic related) where cyclists can play with their toys in safety, without inconveniencing drivers. The urbanist dream.

Just goes to show you John Forester is always right.
>>
File: file.jpg (2.89 MB, 6016x4000)
2.89 MB
2.89 MB JPG
>>1987257
I was about to say japan has a ton of bike usage but almost no real infrastructure, but they have proper human scale streets apart from their highways, slower and smaller cars and citizens who mostly follow the rule of law and don't got twice the speed limit on small streets
>>
>>1987395
Yeah Japan is obviously dense as hell and it’s a country where you have to provide proof of a parking space before you can buy a car plus they have brilliant transit systems so obviously it’s gonna be bike-friendly, bike lanes or not.
>>
>>1987257
it's interesting how as soon as this was posted the bike lane spammer gave up and immediately spammed 5 new ones because he didn't like where this one was going
>>
>>1987395
Bruh, of course there aren't going to be bike lines on the narrow residential streets like your pic, but Japan does have a lot of no-car thoroughfares and wide sidewalks with technically separate bike and pedestrian areas. I've seen painted bike lanes along with completely separated wide two-way bike lanes, massive underground bike garages, and things like the Shimanami Kaido. You are correct on the smaller cars and drivers who mostly obey the (low) speed limits though.
>>
File: placejapan.jpg (171 KB, 1164x1524)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
>no bike lanes
>no bike lanes, japan
>>
>>1987257
It's quite similar to UK, the infrastructure isn't great outside of London but cars are generally considerate of traffic laws (generally, not always) making the roads overall pretty safe
>>
>>1987416
>Bruh
zoomfaggot opinion discarded
>>
>>1987878
Well when you have old streets that narrow you don’t really need bike lanes because there’s not room and cars are already going slow.
But in the US our downtown roads are so incredibly wide we have room for one or more bike lanes everywhere.
>>
>>1987884
>when you have old streets that narrow you don’t really need bike lanes because there’s not room and cars are already going slow.
I wish Italy got this memo
>>
>>1987885
the problem is Italians are brown people, only white countries like Japan can properly use narrow streets
>>
>>1987877
More like
>road, 3 lanes @ 40-45mph
>road, 1 lane @ 20-25mph
>>
>>1987930
Ok cagetroll
>>
>>1987253
japan/taiwan

I live in singapore, and they are getting there, bike lanes are being built enmasse right now
>>
>>1987882
U rizzed bruh? I was born in '90 no cap. I watched 9/11 on live TV
>>
File: wifematerial.jpg (23 KB, 480x360)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>1987963
Nta but since we're on the topic, the other day I found the tie I was wearing on 9/11, which I watched with my eyes (yeah men wore ties back then, and belts, and black people still wore kangol and baggy jeans and having a pager was a status symbol and there were pay phones). I knew it was a big deal because I had never seen 100 floors of concrete and steel burn and collapse before followed by a wave of zombies covered in white dust coming towards me. But you know what they say it's not official until it was on strava or television. I didn't see a television thing about it until the next day when I went to someone's house in brooklyn who had a television (I don't own a television, or a microwave, because they give me the ick). TV is a nickname btw, and nicknames are for friends and television is not my friend

t. schizophrenic boomer who says bruh sometimes and the ick, but "rizzed" is beyond the pale

p.s. I absolutely love rapacious real estate developers and want to hand over everything to them and laws are bad unless they're designed to restrict the rights of first time home buyers and individual renters, democracy should be replaced by a board of directors controlled by a few oligarchs on long island, voting rights bad corpos good I am scared of minorities and I support ethnically cleansing neighborhoods and replacing them with chain restaurants and starbucks and the container store, and I think bikes are toys for children and should be restricted to the "protective bike lanes" and require permission from the authorities to be seen in public, see? I'm very /n/ janny pls no ban I'm one of the good ones
>>
>>1987877
Japanese cities consistently have the highest bike modal share outside of Copenhagen and some Dutch cities.
So yes, it is something worth pointing out.

Take a look at this video
https://youtu.be/VFCz7G_jXeI?si=5DK7FpwWlGQu_EPK
>>
>>1987933
He’s right, you know.

The Japanese street is obviously friendlier to pedestrians and bikes as-is. There’s not even room for a bike lane, and there is no onstreet parking.
>>
It doesn't seem like there are any "responsible cyclists" in Japan, since they often use bicycles in a context where a motorist might see them and fly into a malding rage.
>>
>>1987253
Interstates were a mistake, FDR was a mistake.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.