[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_3223.jpg (699 KB, 1114x1971)
699 KB
699 KB JPG
>Cool job at thats only 23 miles away and pays less vs a 10 mile job that pays more but is miserable.

What would you guys day
>>
>>1987518
Driving that commute every morning and afternoon is going to make you wanna kill yourself. Long distance is only cool if you can take advantage of commuter rail.
>>
>>1987518
Close one for sure, unless your quality of life is severely decreasing from the close job.

I fucking hate driving to work it feels like pure lost time. I guess you can have a positive attitude about it and listen to audio books or whatever but that ain't me. Right now i have 2 BS jobs and they're both a 5 minute walk from my house. Wouldn't have it any other way.
>>
I commuted three hours every day and I can indeed say that I want to kill myself even now when its just 3/5 days. Fucking 15 hours every week no time left for anything else than chores during weekdays and sitting on the train every day is NOT restful.
Really unless its an absolute dream job where you jizz your pants by just the thought of going to work dont do it
>>
95-s will be rough in morning depending what time you leave, but 836 west won't be bad. Not sure about the 826 south leg, that probably won't be bad either. The problem is coming home. Like from Tropical Chinese on Bird Road to the Flannigan's by where you live, that could be an hour and a half or more if jose drives his acura with an IMDC sticker and a Miami Heat license plate into pedro driving a pickup truck with no brakes overflowing with scrap metal. Google Maps has that thing where you can put in a time and it gives you a range, see attached. South Florida is stressful driving to, as you know, it's not like traffic in a normal city.

Sometimes driving home from Doral to Miami Beach on 836 there is traffic and it takes me 45-50min going home, it's not terrible if I have a good attitude about it and listen to a podcast or whatever, I try to make the time productive. But when you get into 1hr+, it's harder.

Can you move closer to the good job or are you living with your parents like just about everyone who is young-ish in Miami since it's so fucking expensive?
>>
>>1987524
Sitting on a commuter train for 2 hours a day is just as miserable as driving, even if you can read a book or whatever. Transit isn't even close to as comfortable as spending that time sitting at home
>>
>>1987699
I think it depends on the train too. I used to take a train that was fairly quiet and I could get a lot of work done, but if you're on some super busy train it's just uncomfortable and you also get sick more often
>>
>>1987518
First you need to move to literally anywhere else in the state. But to answer you question, the shorter commute is the answer. 20 extra minutes each way is a long time each week and month.
>>
>>1987962
Honestly, I would consider moving out of state or at least trying it if you can make it work.
I tried it for a while but my family and old friends kept wanting to do shit so I ended up flying back to Miami 11 times round-trip over the course of two years. But if you're not as attached and you would only need to come back for Thanksgiving and Christmas, it's doable and you'll probably have much better job opportunities.
>>
>>1987699
>Transit isn't even close to as comfortable as spending that time sitting at home
Nothing is going to be as comfortable as sitting on the couch in your skivvies. If you wanna be comfortable so bad find a remote-work job. But the comfort comes from not having to be fully concentrated in the responsibility of driving. Seat quality, goofing off on your phone, and being able to stretch is just a bonus.
>>
>>1988050
>Seat quality
car seats are infinitely more comfortable than the crusty plastic shit you get on the subway, and simply being in a private space makes sitting in a car far nicer than sitting on a bus. you get to be alone instead of surrounded by the unwashed masses
>>
>>1987518
My commute is about 20 minutes each way if things are running smoothly. It still feels pretty long.
>>
>>1987518
Depends on the "more" and your main way of transportation. I was at a job that was 5 min bike ride from my house, i used to spend my lunch break at home or city centre, an 8min bike ride, but i accepted a job thats 30km away, and paid up to almost 3x more, my commute now is a 15min bike ride to the bus stop where the company provides us a van without discounting in my paycheck, they also provide our lunch, thats not discounted too.
So, if it pays, and you dont have to pay to go to work (aka car, motorbike or public transport), its all good for me.
>>
>>1989404
that's cool.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.