[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 722ujfgieluc1.jpg (98 KB, 648x734)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
Any fellow Texans here? Summer is right around the corner and I am starting to feel the heat. I'm expecting that we will reach 100F (38C) temperatures very soon. Is there any way at all to deal with this? or I just have to embrace being sweaty?
>>
You know what they're going to say.. Lycra and bibs.
>>
>>1991499
and a change of clothes
>>
>>1991477
This is not accurate because we're not at norwood 9 or roided up to the point where our hearts explode

Anyway my recommendation is to leave t*xas
>>
Atlanta here.
I've gotten in the habit of taking my shirt off before the ride and then going slow whenI near the destination, just fast enough to air-cool but without any real exertion. try to cool down as much as I can that way. then when I get off the bike I carry a washcloth and sponge down until I'm dry. then put on the shirt and join the destination.
I used to carry bandanas but I'd soak through those.
>>
>>1991477
>wordswordswords
the left can't meme
>>
>>1991477
former austinite here. i don't see how there's any way around it. ideally there's somewhere to shower when you arrive at your destination, if you're commuting for work. my commute wasn't super long so i would ride veery sedately on my way there. that said, i was a grad student so i never really needed to look like an adult. i always thought it would be impossible if i had to arrive to work in business casual attire looking like i didn't just crawl out of a pool. also i moved to maine a few months ago. fuck texas.
>>
>>1991477
Just make sure your workplace is all downhill from where you live so you only have to sweat on the way home.
>>
>>1991477
blimpbike
>>
>>1991633
Big brain
>>
the beauty of riding a bicycle is that you don't need to wear any protective gear since you won't be going faster than 30mph at maximum anyway
>b-but helmets
helmets are for mountain biking and motorcycling
>>
File: 1713296451089.jpg (112 KB, 500x500)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
>>1991477
AZ here.
>extra pair of clothes
>shower at work if needed
>cover every exposed piece of skin in sunscreen
>drink water
>>
Arizonan here. Drink lots of water and suck on rock salt/electrolyte tablets.
>>
Wet your clothes when the water evaporates you'll cool down
don't do this with stuff that chaffs like denim
>>
File: brodie enters the race.gif (530 KB, 220x168)
530 KB
530 KB GIF
water bottle, baggy shorts, flip flops.

Nothing else needed.
>>
Just drive a car. No one at the office wants to smell your stankass after riding a bike in the most humid and hot state in America to work.
>>
if i lived in Texas i would drive a car
>>
if I lived in texas I would kill myself
>>
>>1991921
you should kill yourself as if you lived in texas
>>
Like everyone says a change of clothes, also before I change I usually wipe down the extra sweaty areas like underarms and my back with the shirt I was wearing so you at least remove a lot of the sweat that way

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.