[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Greyhound-1.jpg (61 KB, 1000x667)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
Is there anything more soulful than taking a Greyhound bus from coast to coast?
>>
Probably a train.
There's a dozen video max about this on youtube. even from /our/ guy Miles in transit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTpt4tMnDT0&t=5
Everyone tries to keep a smile but this is a really taking way to travel. You can do this in good spirit just once a year in my opinion. I personally get really nauseated.
The funniest vids though are from brits Noel Phillips and the one that did it first Zac Alsop.
Anyway I think there are major improvements since flixbus bought greyhound?
>>
>>1993231
Yes, probably anything.

If you watch people attempt this, it's:

>constant delays
>constant cancellations
>missing connections
>dealing with uppity niggers / non-existent customer service
>Full of smelly meth heads
>No toilets / toilets caked in shit and period blood
>The price of a ticket can match air fare

Fuck. No.
>>
>>1993231
Yeah, driving from coast to coast in a classic car.
>>
Is greyhound actually better than the generic $10 intercity buses? I've only taken the $10 buses and they are HORRIBLE, I was trapped in a box with obese freaks covered in their own piss and shit, absolute nightmare scenario. never doing that again, amtrak is only like $50 more and it's so worth it.
>>
File: 1693409233706774.png (442 KB, 1124x1331)
442 KB
442 KB PNG
>>1993254
God I wish I was in a relationship like that. They seem so happy together.
>>
>>1993254
is this the replacement for greg and vicki?
>>
walking
>>
File: motorcycle.jpg (56 KB, 450x450)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>1993231
>>1993256
Riding coast to coast on a motorcycle
>>
>>1993255
reported for racism
>>
File: greyhound-480x394.jpg (191 KB, 480x394)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
>>1993231
It's was nice back in the day. Too many wild "Youths" aboard today.
>>
>>1993231
Imagine the smell.
>>
Yea me banging your mom
>>
>>1993231
>sovl is when you spend a week in a smelly bus with an overworked driver about to steer you into certain death and 20 druggies that take every coach stop to smoke crack
>>
>>1993255

Also

>Surly drivers
>Non-existant bus maintenance
>FlixBus, their new owner, is getting rid of actual stations, so you get to wait for your late connection with all your baggage at 3 am in a random parking lot
>>
Amtrak, hands down. It's not even a close contest.
>>
>>1993231
Yep there is.
>steals your zoomette gf
>nothing personal kiddo
>>
this is now /ldbtg/ long distance bus travel general
https://archive.is/02twZ
look at this, motion-cancelling seats, nice
>>
I would love to try a trip on this bus.
>>
>>1996132
saw that too, it's some pakistani bus right... where do they put the luggage then
>>
>>1993231
when i hear greyhound bus i think of that beheading
>>
>>1993254
Yes literally anything else
>>
>>1993752
>It's midnight at the depot
>And I drag my bags in line.
>Travelin' light, I got to go
>But the bus won't be on time.
>Everybody's looking half alive.
>Later on the bus arrives.
>They punch my ticket
>I find a seat
>And we move out past the lights.
>Come on Driver, where's the heat?
>It's cold out in the night.
>I keep telling to myself that I don't care.
>Come tomorrow, I'll be there.
>Take the Greyhound.
>It's a dog of a way to get around.
>Take the Greyhound.
>It's a dog gone easy way to get you down.
>c.1972
It was never good
>>
>>1993231
I think for a foreigner taking the train from LA to NYC on amtrak provides a great view of America, especially the sw chief (kc to la)
>>
>>1993290
Hell, even hitchhiking is more soulful.
>>
>>1993231
Id rather just drive muh pickup, nice and quiet with my music and audiobooks for a so.id 30-40 hour drive.
>>
>>1996670
Driving yourself is cucked behavior.
>>
>>1996744
Choosing your own timeline is cucked behavior?
>>
>>1996744
Forcing yourself to do long boring hours of nothing but staring at the road when you could be relaxing on a train, having a beer, reading a book, working on your laptop, playing a game etc. I know what I'd rather do. Cars are fine I guess in some situations for like, last mile travel but for long distance travel they're dreadful.
>>
>>1993231
I took one from Oakland to Ashland Oregon as a kid. that bathroom smell. its weird. the whole trip. some weird chemical smell you never smell anywhere else. cept maybe a portapotty. grape scented and poo

why ? its cheaper or as cheap to fly. fucking old women and weirdos ride the bus
>>
>>1996774
>some weird chemical smell you never smell anywhere else. cept maybe a portapotty. grape scented and poo
I know precisely what smell you're talking about and I've never been on a greyhound, but you've just ensured I never will be either.
>>
File: zzz.jpg (28 KB, 480x320)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>1996744
>Driving yourself is cucked behavior.

>stop whenever you want
>stop wherever you want
>drive how fast you want

vs

>on a shitty slow bus smelling strangers farts

You literally don't know definitions of the words you use
>>
>>1996877
Buses suck, I agree with you on that, but trains and planes are comfy. I love traveling on both of them even despite the TSA nightmare. Getting to sit back and relax and do whatever you want and eat whenever you choose to rather than waiting for the next truck stop 50 miles away is so convenient. You can even shop while you wait to board. It's very leisurely.
>>
>>1996917
is anyone around here old enough to remember flying without security checks? how was it?
>>
>>1996744
this
>>1996764
there's always taxi/uber, that's what the real upper-class that live in the tall towers in downtown use.
>>
>>1996923
I am old enough to have flown before 9/11 but I don't really remember it very well because I was only 9 when it happened.
>>
>>1996923
Flew cross country when I was 10, summer '00. It was fucking awesome from what I remember being a kid, the flight attendants loved me and I got a tour of a 742 that I'll remember for life.
Spent a lot of time at airports through the 90s, dad travelled for business and grandma was a snowbird. Waiting at the gate, watching the plane arrive, and greeting whoever we were picking up right off the jetway are fond memories.
>>
>>1996923
your whole family could go to the gate with you and hang out while you waited to board was the best thing other than not getting anally probed by TSA

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.