[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1.jpg (656 KB, 998x1074)
656 KB
656 KB JPG
How much does this stuff annoy you train autists? I love trains but in a different way to you
>>
>>1993521
>How much does this stuff annoy you train autists?
I'm annoyed it's not a full train. doesn't look that tall. i prefer freights and monikers
>>
>>1993521
TND
>>
>>1993522
I find whole cars to usually be too much, style, proportions and subtlety gone for pure size. Gimme a neat panel like OP every day
>>
>>1993521
don't fuck with passenger stock, especially not the windows. not on locomotives either. but freight cars are good. I like the status quo in usa, they seem to stick to those rules nowadays
>>
I don't like just scratchy scrawly vandalism graffiti but if there's a clear effort to make something interesting I like it and it doesn't annoy me at all. It was that or an official company advertisement, might as well have some SOVL. And yes I mean for metro/subway type trains. I don't care about freight.
>>
File: 47474746161199.jpg (405 KB, 1079x739)
405 KB
405 KB JPG
>>1993530
Passenger stock aka metro is the creme de la creme of graf m8, it will never stop. The feeling of walking amongst the giants is incredible
>>
>>1993521
if it looks good then I dont mind at all. Its mostly illegible shit tho.
>>
Looks like shit 99.99% of the time

Wish we dealt with vandals the same way the Saudis do
>>
i think it looks cool
>>
>>1993533
god i hate these faggots.
>>
File: B4eXhNCIQAAu1VR.jpg (47 KB, 900x594)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>
>>1993521
If train companies were to provide some trains as a kind of urban art showcase, it would be a great change, some legal graffiti look really solid. but when it's just retarded tags they can fuck off and die
>>
Singapore handles urban art very well, much to the dismay of foreign dindu nuffins and their enablers.
>>
>>1993521
Nigger behaviour, not compatible with civilised society
>>
>>1993533
>walking amongst the giants
aka a bunch of pussies who won't even go for police stations and cars, or giant billboards. oh no, pissing off the popo or ad agencies would be the worst, gotta take the view away from commuters.
>>
File: images (9).jpg (25 KB, 738x416)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>1993545
nerd detected
>>1993558
Doesn't work, see picrel. Afaik only passenger metro not painted is NK. Even the israel metro has been done
>>1993560
Metro graf is a Western culture thing, not found in negroid, gook or raghead culture. Nice to see thirdies sticking up for fellow thirdies
>>1993584
Lmao just move seat fatty, I bet you don't piss and moan when a giant coca-cola advert blocks your window
>>
>>1993521
here if you even try to paint the metro you'll get lynched by the community.
>>
>>1993617
Where are you?
>>
>>1993672
Medellin, Colombia
>>
Looks like shit, it's not that I inherently hate graffiti when done right and with permission but that shit doesn't mesh well with the livery at all
>>
>>1993676
OP will not deliver.
>>1993584
is right.
/thread
>>
>>1993676
only based thing the paisas
the rest is sadly glorifying easy money el mundo es de los vivos nigger cope
>>
>>1993584
Police will lose whatever face they've still got if they don't actually enforce the "don't put paint on stuff without permission" laws on their own stuff, so of course that's a deterrent.
As for billboards, the issue there is that there's only one way on or off the billboard, compared to trains, where there's multiple directions you can go to get away from whatever you just painted. And it usually takes less effort to get rid of the graffiti too.
These guys don't get to keep doing it by getting caught. Unless they ask for permission first but well obviously a billboard company or police department isn't going to grant that.
>>
File: images (10).jpg (35 KB, 679x452)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>1993676
This the metro? Forgive me if not, all you little south American countries look the same to me
>>
File: 1684080463181656.gif (2.15 MB, 372x480)
2.15 MB
2.15 MB GIF
>>1993521
Based, I love street art and graffiti.
Most people hate them but I actually like the typography works
If you come paint my house I won't report it to the landlord
>>
>>1993552
Cringe
>>
File: waschanlage_sbb.jpg (3.83 MB, 5477x3651)
3.83 MB
3.83 MB JPG
>>1993521
i respect your love for filthy looking 80's rolling stock, but i prefer anti graffiti coatings, automated train washing yards and that clean look that gives me this first world feels every morning.
>>
It's abhorrent. Perhaps in the past there was no other way for a struggling artist to get their stuff on public display, but these days it's easy to show the world your work. The only reason for putting it on the side of a commuter train is because you crave the sad satisfaction of being a nuisance to other people.
>>
>>1994725
no the reason is called getting up grandpa. you will never be all city
>>
>>1993552
Based
>>
It's cool.
If it's the subway then why the fuck do I care? It's the fucking subway.
I'm not sitting in an observation car
>>
>>1994744
>If it's the subway then why the fuck do I care? It's the fucking subway.
"The demoralization worked"
>>
>>1993521
I don't mind on euro trains since they already look like shit, but on American/Japanese style stainless steel trains, it's terrible. Covers up the natural beauty of the material and the artistry of extraction and manufacturing.
>>
>>1993521
You have to be a real boring joyless mf to prefer a boring wall or ads over graff
>>
>>1993521
I'm not a nigger, that's why I don't like graffiti.
>>
>>1994897
graffiti writers are overwhelmingly white
>>
>>1994103
yes, that was a long time ago and the culprits were caught and fined. I would not have a problem if the "art" wasn't so cookie cutter nigger styled. Every retard does the same shitty wacky looking fonts. The adds are way better because at least they usually have good designs.
>>
>>1994908
spiritually they're niggers and they deserve the same thing.
>>
I hate it on buildings, but like it on trains. I don't know why.

Graffiti is typically better looking than the fucking black inner city artist murals they paint all over the fucking side of buildings in cities now days. I rather look at tags than crying brown people.
>>
>>1994725
>Perhaps in the past there was no other way for a struggling artist to get their stuff on public display
That is definitely not what most graffiti is about. Graffiti and tagging is mostly about marking the territory and doing cool illegal shit like painting a whole fucking train.

Painting a whole train in 5 minutes with friends is cool as fuck, and if you disagree you're a fag.
>>
>>1995156
It's ugly as shit, and if you wanna make ugly as shit art in your own space fine, go nuts, but this is an eyesore the whole public has to look at
>>
Eeewww!
>>
>>1995156
>degrading common goods is cool
this is the nig mindset
>>
>>1995156
In 2024? I think It's the opposite of "cool". A teacher of mine used to say "philosophy was born and died in Greece", which means that is a unique and unrepeatable cultural phenomenon and translates to "tagging was born and died in nyc". That context doesn't exist anymore, To me if you were not credited in style wars you're just a vandal and really stupid or confused and this theory is confirmed by all the taggers I've met in my life.
It's really just like littering or vandalism, it's amazing how much damage just a few schizo or idiots can do to the public space.
>>
>>1993521
As long as it doesn't shit up the windows too badly I think graffiti is cool
>>
>>1993521
>FREIGHT
STAY THE FUCK OFF THE NUMBERS,
Beyond that, actually brightens my day.

>PASSENGER CARS
Ghetto self aggrandizing.

>GOING OVER WINDOWS.
GHETTO ASS BULLSHIT. Trash that deserves as much respect as a fucking advertising wrap for nike or coke. They're going for the same tingle in their testicles that toys get. Dogs piss on the metros to mark territory, but I expect more from humans.
>>
>>1995188
https://youtu.be/eNyFWguTUL0
>>
>>1993600
>>
File: GM59nAPWIAEjTRD.jpg (544 KB, 2016x1512)
544 KB
544 KB JPG
Some diverse and talented artists have blessed GWR.
>>
>>1995528
I understand from your choice of meme words that I'm supposed to be upset at this but I'm fine with this, actually maybe even a little gleeful. Though if they were to break some glass and maybe set it on fire that would be even better. Nothing makes me happier than to watch symbols of perfidious albion get publicly desecrated and humiliated
>>
>>1995540
That's what I assume all graffiti artists truly feel - not that they are improving their environment and making people happier with their art, but lashing out at what they hate and making sure everyone knows it, spiteful little shits who we would be better off without.
>>
>>1995554
You're an anglophile so your opinions don't matter. Some graffiti is nice, other graffiti is shit. Same with all art.
>>
>>1995555
Universally it is shit.
Even the high quality stuff is kitsch and cringe. Paint your own walls.
>>
>>1995561
Been there done that, I'd rather just pay someone to do it. MGTOW DIY cultists are welcome to engage in their tradie hobby larp. And graffiti artists are welcome to improve trains. In the case of br*t*sh trains, taking a dump on the floor would be an improvement, so the bar is pretty low wouldn't you agree.
>>
>>1995562
I was sure there's a significant overlap of scat fetishists and graffiti enjoyers. Like I said, keep your hobbies to yourself.
>>
>>1993521
Reject modernity, embrace tradition
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (36 KB, 480x360)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>1995693
I like riding anime-themed vehicles because part of me wants to think it enrages anti-weeb people but then I realize those people never travel more than 150 miles from the hospital where their mother shat them out and airplanes never get within 30,000 feet of them so they won't ever see them and I'm just letting them live >rent free inside me

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.